Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 427239 times)

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #520 on: March 10, 2012, 11:44:30 pm »
it wasnt tom hicks or george gillette who thought glen johnson and aquilani were worth spending 40million on.or alienating alonso trying to but gareth barry.
Where do you start with shite like that.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
« Reply #521 on: March 10, 2012, 11:44:51 pm »
He has shown he has a huge amount of potential to be a very good player. He has underrated technique to both control the ball and move it on, he has a fantastic engine and finally a lot of intelligence.
Whilst I agree the lad has yet to consistently show this and at times looks distant and invisible, he appears to be a lad who thrives on confidence in both himself and his teammates. In a good team, he'll shine. In a poor team, he won't.

He is not the saviour to our problems, but he is from the cause.

Offline ChristophLFC

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #522 on: March 10, 2012, 11:45:07 pm »
theres always an excuse.whos fault was it at inter milan?

it pretty clear you are here to try and wum, save your time and leave

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #523 on: March 10, 2012, 11:45:12 pm »
Will you all stop replying to the gobshite and just let the mods deal with him soon enough. Don't slag him for talking shite, when he is clearly just doing what he has set out to achieve, which is provoke a reaction.
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #524 on: March 10, 2012, 11:48:18 pm »
Have you ever been to Anfield?

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #525 on: March 10, 2012, 11:49:29 pm »
Will you all stop replying to the gobshite and just let the mods deal with him soon enough. Don't slag him for talking shite, when he is clearly just doing what he has set out to achieve, which is provoke a reaction.

Offline The Red Dub

• Main Stander
  • whats the story balamory
« Reply #526 on: March 10, 2012, 11:49:53 pm »
yeah im a wum or a manc.just because i dont rate benitez or lucas or henderson.gotta say people on these forums dont half have different views than the punters i meet down the pub.
"Liverpool lost that sense of purpose when Steve ­Heighway was sacked, and the Anfield academy was restocked with over-rated, underwhelming, imported talent."

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: March 10, 2012, 11:50:28 pm »

I've only caught on, what a little gobshite.

Offline The Red Dub

• Main Stander
« Reply #528 on: March 10, 2012, 11:50:36 pm »
Have you ever been to Anfield?
yes.am i a proper fan now?
"Liverpool lost that sense of purpose when Steve ­Heighway was sacked, and the Anfield academy was restocked with over-rated, underwhelming, imported talent."

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: March 10, 2012, 11:51:04 pm »
Thats pathetic.  I expected better off you.

It's true though. You're not going to get a prize mate for defending him.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: March 10, 2012, 11:51:21 pm »
yeah im a wum or a manc.just because i dont rate benitez or lucas or henderson.gotta say people on these forums dont half have different views than the punters i meet down the pub.

Go down the pub then you little twunt.

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: March 10, 2012, 11:51:42 pm »

That's right. They've gone from success to success since he left.

Oops! Maybe not..

Thick gurrier troll says bad rafa!

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: March 10, 2012, 11:54:31 pm »
yes.am i a proper fan now?
"Proper fans" I know wouldn't last 3 seconds in a pub with you, whopper..

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #533 on: March 10, 2012, 11:57:57 pm »
Just curious.  What did YOU think about Lucas Leiva after 34 games?

I'm not trolling, what did YOU think?

Serious answer. I defended the lad from the day an old ST holder was slagging him off in the bog in the main stand at half time against Fulham in the 0-0 game a few years ago. I admit I wasn't that impressed with his early displays but gave him time. The difference between him and Jordan is that I thought we brought this lad in to be an attacking midfielder whereas with Lucas I was led to believe he was a box to box player in Brazil but we were using him in a different position once he got here.
I just don't see the attacking qualities Henderson has that impresses a few of you on here. I know he's relatively young but he just hasn't shown enough for me in any of the 34 games he's played so far.

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: March 11, 2012, 12:01:01 am »
Serious answer. I defended the lad from the day an old ST holder was slagging him off in the bog in the main stand at half time against Fulham in the 0-0 game a few years ago. I admit I wasn't that impressed with his early displays but gave him time. The difference between him and Jordan is that I thought we brought this lad in to be an attacking midfielder whereas with Lucas I was led to believe he was a box to box player in Brazil but we were using him in a different position once he got here.
I just don't see the attacking qualities Henderson has that impresses a few of you on here. I know he's relatively young but he just hasn't shown enough for me in any of the 34 games he's played so far.
To be fair to the lad, I don't think he would have played as much if Lucas wouldn't have got injured. But I'm not going to write him off yet..

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: March 11, 2012, 12:02:07 am »

If you isolate his play in the middle (when he has got a chance there) from his time out wide, you might notice his evident qualities are much better suited to playing centrally. He moves the ball quickly and precisely and is confident with the ball at his feet. Like a certain Brazil NT captain.
I don't think even Fordy would try and defend Adam had he been played wide right all season - So why so down on Henderson when it is his being played out of position that is the issue with him looking poor

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: March 11, 2012, 12:02:45 am »
Stick to the topic.

Henderson has been woeful for us. How anyone can defend him is beyond me.

But he is young and might be good on 15 years.

Hmmm

I'm not defending him, far from it, but praising Adam like that is ridiculous. He's far more experienced than Henderson and has no excuse for his shite displays and his shite attitude on the pitch. Waste of space that lad.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: March 11, 2012, 12:04:01 am »
To be fair to the lad, I don't think he would have played as much if Lucas wouldn't have got injured. But I'm not going to write him off yet..

Fair comment.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #538 on: March 11, 2012, 12:04:38 am »

do they let you in then?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: March 11, 2012, 12:07:04 am »
do they let you in then?
He's only allowed on the door step with a bag of crisps and some coke..

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: March 11, 2012, 12:08:47 am »
I'm not defending him, far from it, but praising Adam like that is ridiculous. He's far more experienced than Henderson and has no excuse for his shite displays and his shite attitude on the pitch. Waste of space that lad.

I have been defending the lad all week because of the names and personal insults towards him, but as a player Adam needs to be benched after today's poor performance,  and Jordan needs to be were he is,  lets face it judging on today Jordan cannot be any worse and might have better luck.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: March 11, 2012, 12:10:49 am »

What bit of this is about Henderson don't you understand!

Henderson has been woeful end of.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: March 11, 2012, 12:14:00 am »

Fordy why do you think the only way to counter the people who slate Adam is for you to slate Henderson,

no offence but it is a bit like an eye for an eye makes every one blind mate!

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: March 11, 2012, 12:15:47 am »

What bit of this don't you understand. I was replying to another poster who brought Adam into the topic.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: March 11, 2012, 12:18:02 am »
Fordy why do you think the only way to counter the people who slate Adam is for you to slate Henderson,

no offence but it is a bit like an eye for an eye makes every one blind mate!

True

Offline tboz

• Kopite
« Reply #545 on: March 11, 2012, 12:25:13 am »
If you look at shelvey and henderson i would say the only difference is confidence, henderson seems to be always overthinking and letting nerves get to his play which thus effects his decisions but when instinct takes over he has good ideas, in terms of ability i think they are at the same level and should be battling against each other for a place which might help to spur both on.

playing for liverpool has got the better of him but l look forward to watching him play for us next season next season.

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #546 on: March 11, 2012, 12:25:18 am »

You're such a confusing individual. I want to think you're taking the piss but you're clearly not. And your previous post just add to the confusion. Strange.
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: March 11, 2012, 12:34:44 am »
You're such a confusing individual. I want to think you're taking the piss but you're clearly not. And your previous post just add to the confusion. Strange.

Inclined to agree.

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #548 on: March 11, 2012, 04:16:33 am »
If you isolate his play in the middle (when he has got a chance there) from his time out wide, you might notice his evident qualities are much better suited to playing centrally. He moves the ball quickly and precisely and is confident with the ball at his feet. Like a certain Brazil NT captain.
I don't think even Fordy would try and defend Adam had he been played wide right all season - So why so down on Henderson when it is his being played out of position that is the issue with him looking poor

Pray tell me how Henderson playing as an RM is 'out of position' , where he played a good number of games for Sunderland , with fans emphatically saying that is his best position...?

As many will know , I hate slagging of our players. Usually never do it. But have to say , Henderson has been exactly what I expected him to be when he signed. Underwhelming and basically adding nothing to the team. Raul Meireles was 10 times the 'pass and move' player playing out of position for most of the season.

The hypocrisy exhibited of many posters here is mind boggling. Adam is 26 , ergo he cannot improve. Henderson is 21 so he is a potential world beater when the cold fact of the matter is that he has been utterly inconsequential.  I would love to know the exact demarcating age when a player becomes 'too old' to improve , as has been deemed in the case of Adam.

And please don't perpetuate fictitious nonsense like Henderson cost 13 million pounds.  NO one apart from dewy eyed souls on RAWK believes it.
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: March 11, 2012, 04:23:59 am »
Pray tell me how Henderson playing as an RM is 'out of position' , where he played a good number of games for Sunderland , with fans emphatically saying that is his best position...?

As many will know , I hate slagging of our players. Usually never do it. But have to say , Henderson has been exactly what I expected him to be when he signed. Underwhelming and basically adding nothing to the team. Raul Meireles was 10 times the 'pass and move' player playing out of position for most of the season.

The hypocrisy exhibited of many posters here is mind boggling. Adam is 26 , ergo he cannot improve. Henderson is 21 so he is a potential world beater when the cold fact of the matter is that he has been utterly inconsequential.  I would love to know the exact demarcating age when a player becomes 'too old' to improve , as has been deemed in the case of Adam.

And please don't perpetuate fictitious nonsense like Henderson cost 13 million pounds.  NO one apart from dewy eyed souls on RAWK believes it.

But Meireles used to shit out of tackles and had a shit haircut. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: March 11, 2012, 04:34:55 am »

I would say that Meireles was better on the right then as Henderson is now. Henderson does look better than adam (and markedly so) when played in the middle.

I also think that a lot of Meireles looking good in the middle last year was down to Lucas - same as this year with Adam. Doing all of Raul's tackling, harrying, defensive running, headers.

Funny that: Spearing looks good playing next to Lucas. Adam looks decent next to Lucas. And Raul Meireles also looked good (much better than adam and by a country mile) when played next to Lucas.

Hmm. Can you see the theme?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: March 11, 2012, 04:49:05 am »
I would say that Meireles was better on the right then as Henderson is now. Henderson does look better than adam (and markedly so) when played in the middle.

I also think that a lot of Meireles looking good in the middle last year was down to Lucas - same as this year with Adam. Doing all of Raul's tackling, harrying, defensive running, headers.

Funny that: Spearing looks good playing next to Lucas. Adam looks decent next to Lucas. And Raul Meireles also looked good (much better than adam and by a country mile) when played next to Lucas.

Hmm. Can you see the theme?

Through much of the last part of the previous season Spearing and Lucas held the middle while Meireles played on the right or off the front man.  For all of the complaining about Meireles not putting tackles in he made an awful lot of interceptions and most certainly harried opponents when we lost possession.  He did his fair of defensive work.  He didn't go flying into tackles at a 100mph but he certainly put a shift in both with and without the ball. 

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: March 11, 2012, 04:55:36 am »

If it was a choice between Adam and Meireles, I wouldn't have gone near our (ironbru flavoured) chubby stick of blackpool rock. In fact, I would rather we kept Aquilani and attempted to play football for a large part of the season. And maybe invested the Torres money into buying a football player.

Henderson looks to at least have the makings of a good (central) player and you can rationalise expenditure along those lines. 

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: March 11, 2012, 05:01:58 am »
If it was a choice between Adam and Meireles, I wouldn't have gone near our (ironbru flavoured) chubby stick of blackpool rock. In fact, I would rather we kept Aquilani and attempted to play football for a large part of the season. And maybe invested the Torres money into buying a football player.

Henderson looks to at least have the makings of a good (central) player and you can rationalise expenditure along those lines. 

Henderson has the makings of a decent player no doubt but at the moment he is doing absolutely nothing and he only looks a decent player when played in the middle with people covering him.  Again, I think he suffers from the Meireles syndrome quite a bit.  Not a great tackler, not the greatest passing range but good engine and good work ethic.  The problem is he hasn't shown anywhere near the kind of intelligence and off the ball movement that Meireles often exhibited.  And given what kind of players they both are I struggle to defend the 20m that he may cost us.  He is nowhere close to Meireles as a right sided player.  Nowhere near him playing off the striker.  So exactly what have we spent the money on ?  He may go on to become better than Meireles or he may not.  But even if he did go on to become better than Meireles, how much better do you think he will get ?  Not much in my opinion.  I think Henderson is a decent player in the making but no more.  Meireles is incredibly underrated on here. 

« Reply #554 on: March 11, 2012, 05:08:15 am »
Its not just that Lucas was once young and rounded upon by the wolves and that he was accused of exactly the same things that makes the situations similar.

Henderson now and Lucas then play the game in exactly the same way. Its not flashy, its not headline grabbing and its very hard to measure.

People like stats. They like to point towards assists or goals because they're easy and dont require actually watching the football or the player. The way that Henderson and Lucas of 09 play the game is hard to quantify. And so people think it adds up to fuck all.

Its no surprise to see the posters I have most respect for coming out and supporting the lad, saying give him time, give him games in his proper position and that they see the potential. Henderson is a footballer's footballer.

There'll be a few red faces when he realises his potential. But even then people will underrate what it is a player like him does. What was 'Yorkys law' again? Some people cant see a pass unless its 30 yards or leads to a goal. As true now as it ever was.
Still can't believe people don't see his potential

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: March 11, 2012, 05:09:19 am »

I think Henderson shows a lot of awareness in terms of passing short and one touch. Certainly, he is much better already in terms of ball control and passing intelligence than Adam.

Raul isn't to be. Or is Aquilani. For better or for worse, Henderson is ours. I think he will be here in five years still, and playing an important role (fitness permitting). Adam won't for sure, and, if we have been successful then Spearing will be plying his trade with an inferior team.

« Reply #556 on: March 11, 2012, 05:12:01 am »
Henderson has the makings of a decent player no doubt but at the moment he is doing absolutely nothing and he only looks a decent player when played in the middle with people covering him.  Again, I think he suffers from the Meireles syndrome quite a bit.  Not a great tackler, not the greatest passing range but good engine and good work ethic.  The problem is he hasn't shown anywhere near the kind of intelligence and off the ball movement that Meireles often exhibited.  And given what kind of players they both are I struggle to defend the 20m that he may cost us.  He is nowhere close to Meireles as a right sided player.  Nowhere near him playing off the striker.  So exactly what have we spent the money on ?  He may go on to become better than Meireles or he may not.  But even if he did go on to become better than Meireles, how much better do you think he will get ?  Not much in my opinion.  I think Henderson is a decent player in the making but no more.  Meireles is incredibly underrated on here. 
I've seen alot of intelligence in his play, his first time passes if used in the right system can be the key to unlocking defenses rather than 40 yard diagonals and shots from the half way line. I definitely see him becoming better than Meireles

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: March 11, 2012, 05:12:41 am »
Stick to the topic.

Henderson has been woeful for us. How anyone can defend him is beyond me.

But he is young and might be good on 15 years.

Hmmm

I'm starting to believe Charlie Adam is your father.  ???
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

« Reply #558 on: March 11, 2012, 05:14:43 am »
I don't see why we can't play him with Spearing instead of Adam, his ball retention and pressing are much better. They are both quite poor at tackling so its not like we loose anything there. He also plays the game at a high tempo which is something we seriously lack atm

Offline The Red Dub

• Main Stander
« Reply #559 on: March 11, 2012, 05:26:00 am »
charlie adam has been involved in nearly 30 percent of our goals,how many goals has henderson scored/set up?