Stubby!
5 (13.5%)
Titi Camara
6 (16.2%)
Claus (Something Worse)
4 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: March 27, 2020, 01:27:48 pm

Author Topic: RAWK All-Time Greatest Movie Draft w/ Immunity Voting Thread (Pick 2)  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Mikey's Team                                           Lastrador's Team                                 Max Power's Team                                      Buck Pete's Team

Lord of the Rings                                     Predator                                               Terminator 2                                              Robo-Cop
Saving Private Ryan                                  Vertigo                                                 Oldboy                                                       Training Day
Life of Brian                                             Grand Budapest Hotel                           Hot Fuzz                                                    Blazing Saddles
Senna                                                      Searching for Sugarman                       Bowling for Columbine                                Super Size Me
Gladiator                                                 Barry Lyndon                                        Casablanca                                                 Requiem for a Dream
Cinema Paradiso                                     Dogville                                                Four Lions                                                  Reservoir Dogs
12 Angry Men                                         There Will Be Blood                               Forrest Gump                                              Heat
Silence of the Lambs                               Se7en                                                   Psycho                                                        Train to Busan
WALL-E                                                   Coco                                                    Grave of Fireflies                                         When the Wind Blows
Sing'in the Rain                                       La La Land                                            Nightmare before Christmas                       Rocky Horror Picture Show
Jerry McGuie                                           Warrior                                                 Two Escobars                                              Slapshot

Bobby's Team                                          Stubby's Team                                     Titi Cam's Team                                         Claus' Team

War for the Planet of the Apes                  Raiders of the Lost Ark                       Star Wars                                                    Con-Air
Glory                                                        Pulp Fiction                                        Thin Red Line                                             Black Hawk Down
Airplane                                                   The Naked Gun                                   Ghostbusters                                             Wedding Crashers
Zidane: 21st Century Portrait                   Pumping Iron                                      Blackfish                                                    Death of Superman: What Happened?
Lawrence of Arabia                                  City of God                                          Sicario                                                  Whiplash
Kes                                                          The Raid                                             Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind        Dazed and Confused
The Godfather                                         The Sting                                            Donnie Darko                                             Face/Off
Chinatown                                               Jaws                                                    Arrival                                                        Mandy
Toy Story                                                 My Neighbor Totoro                           Fantastic Mr Fox                                         Into the Spiderverse
Oliver                                                      Grease                                                Beauty and the Beast                                  Mary Poppins
The Wrestler                                           White Men Can't Jump                          Rocky                                                        Any Given Sunday

Among Losing Teams - Trend's Top Movie in each category                                                Trend's Rankings for Best Trash Talk

1. Star Wars (Titi Camara)                                                                                                               1. you decide now :)
2. Pulp Fiction (Stubby!)/Saving Private Ryan (Mikey) tie                                                                             
3. Blazing Saddles (Buck Pete)                                                                                                 
4. Bowling for Columbine (Max Power)                                                                                     
5. Lawrence of Arabia (Bobby)
6  Dazed and Confused (Claus)/Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Titi Cam) tie
7. The Godfather (Bobby)
8. Chinatown (Bobby)
9. Toy Story (Bobby)
10. Rocky Horror Picture Show (Buck Pete)
11. Two Escobars (Max P)/Rocky (Titi Cam) tie

Immunity - Resurrection

Nothing is more boring than doing a lot of research, complaining about my draft order and how my picks have been taken, we finish the draft and then we all go our separate ways and the vote falls off.  Instead, we should incentivize a stickier wicket.

While I can be a pain in the arse in a lot of ways, thin skinned, reactionary, impolite --- there is one area which kind of congeals all of the asshole-ishness in an acceptable form of behavior.  Its called talking trash or being completely full of shit. 

Who talks the best shit?    Mikey?  Bobby?  Lastrador?  Claus?  You decide!!!!

Be careful who you vote for, as we should not underestimate this group.
In this final phase of each of the first two rounds, each prospective team may be evaluated upon their ability to use only their own "selected movie memes" to put down other posters on the comments thread.  Quality over quantity is one measure, but repetitiveness will get boring -- so bring out your dead and best.

So Here is How this Works

Teams that lose a match to their opponent may be "resurrected" after a group vote of all draftees based upon their smack talk during the draft and voting stages.  There will be two teams in each of the first two rounds who get soundly defeated but will receive "immunity" for their ability to creatively and relentlessly give as many people as much shit as possible.

If we get 16 teams, 8 winners and 8 losers (of the 8 losers) teams would vote for 2 teams to get back into the competition based solely on their ability to use the movie memes they selected to harass and besmirch the rest of us.   

We'll add them back to the bracket, where they will play one another --- and the same thing happens in the second round.  Ultimately, the immunity process will come to an end by the semi finals and finals, but true talent will not stop there, trash talk and participating throughout this draft is the goal!

So, the bottom line is that you could draft a shit team, lose your first two round matches by an ungodly amount of score, but still make it to the third round just by using your cabasa and keyboard to take down the power elite establishment in a fiery blaze shit talk.  Of course, I will be rooting for this lot, but life is like a box of chocolates, you never know who or what you are going to get.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 06:04:03 pm by Titi Camara »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: RAWK All-Time Greatest Movie Draft w/ Immunity Voting Thread (Pick 2)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 01:42:08 pm »

I want to do a breakdown of Nic's acting, since he's been under fire from the potatoes that make up the RAWK thought police.

In this one gif you can see his full range of acting and why nobody does it better.

As you all know, this is from the iconic Face/Off, a movie that has been widely accepted as one of the greatest ever. It gets way more complicated and way better, with Nic somehow managing to play Travolta better than Travolta ever has, but this scene is just Nic as his original character - Castor Troy.

In this scene Troy is dressed as a priest. He's planted a bomb and set the timer and as he leaves, sees a choir singing the Hallelujah chorus. He starts headbanging a bit and makes eye contact with a lovely young girl (this was the 90s when women weren't allowed to talk in movies). She keeps singing, he sings along, jumps behind her grabs her butt and the gif above happens.

What you're seeing there is a godless man, in a religious setting, having an epiphany of sorts. This young girl has shown this evil man the presence of God and Troy is seeing Him for the first time ever.

When has anybody ever been asked to portray a moment of such divinity? Rarely if ever. And in this one gif you can see Troy go from heathen to believer in just a few seconds. It's top tier acting, the likes of which normies like Clooney and fuckin Sean "dickhead" Penn could never even hope to emulate.

This level of excellence is why I went all in on Nic, despite noted hater and denigrator Trend warning me not to. You gotta stick it to the powers that be whenever you can. When the system rewards you, you gotta immediately flip them the bird and make three fucking all time classic action movies. That's Nic Cage and that's the society we should want to leave behind for our children and our children's children. Fuck the world, Nic Cage is our God.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 01:43:57 pm »
Please remove my name from this list. I am a winner.  :wanker

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 01:45:20 pm »

And a RAWK drafting legend if I may say so myself
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 01:45:28 pm »

What list are you on mate?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 02:09:34 pm »

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 02:10:28 pm »
What list are you on mate?

His good name appears above Mikey's, just a missed deletion I'm assuming.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 03:29:29 pm »
Is it just me that goes down a list and thinks 'yep that's the one for me' and then sees a film they can't stand and then thinks 'yeah i'm going to have to pass on that'?! :)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 04:00:41 pm »
Is it just me that goes down a list and thinks 'yep that's the one for me' and then sees a film they can't stand and then thinks 'yeah i'm going to have to pass on that'?! :)

There's no need to pick on Claus like this mate... 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 05:02:37 pm »
Do i have to get the ball rolling in this thread too?  ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 06:02:53 pm »
Haha stop writing scenario ffs ;D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 07:05:02 pm »
Wedding Crashers? In an all time movie draft? Oh dear.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 07:12:15 pm »

Let It Go

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 07:17:35 pm »

I hope you are showing me the same undying loyalty I have shown you in this draft :thumbsup
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 07:20:42 pm »
I wouldn't call it "undying loyalty" when you'd vote against me in a one man race.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2020, 07:23:48 pm »

I want to do a breakdown of Nic's acting,

Fixed

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 07:26:39 pm »
Fixed

A bit harsh, Nicholas Cage isn't a one dimensional actor:

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2020, 07:30:34 pm »
I wouldn't call it "undying loyalty" when you'd vote against me in a one man race.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 07:32:48 pm »
The fucking Frozen guy is trying to dunk on Nic

Fucking shameful

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 07:49:27 pm »
The fucking Frozen guy is trying to dunk on Nic

Fucking shameful

ha ha, nothing wrong with Frozen, it's probably the second best animated movie on the list.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 07:52:43 pm »
ha ha, nothing wrong with Frozen, it's probably the second best animated movie on the list.

Spoken like someone with no young nieces or daughters. It's awful.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2020, 08:05:36 pm »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2020, 08:11:57 pm »
Hey fellas don’t be dragon each other through the mud now

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 08:15:53 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2020, 08:15:07 pm »
Spoken like someone with no young nieces or daughters. It's awful.

Yeah but you know, Wedding Crashers.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2020, 08:21:18 pm »
Yeah but you know, Wedding Crashers.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2020, 08:22:15 pm »

Ear Muffs...

We are going to end with 5 teams with 6 aren't we?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2020, 08:24:25 pm »

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2020, 08:26:20 pm »

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2020, 09:09:41 pm »
I knew I should've just picked Big Trouble In Little China in all categories.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2020, 09:15:05 pm »
Come on lads, I'm only three votes away from sneaking through and fucking up everyone's life

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2020, 09:24:06 pm »
Can everyone see each other's teams?  Each categorized in 11, right?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2020, 09:28:07 pm »

Dare I say, Fred Claus is a better film.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2020, 09:31:38 pm »
I knew I should've just picked Big Trouble In Little China in all categories.

You'd have won my vote.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2020, 09:53:45 pm »
12 votes left from players and whatever the cat drags in.... Go get your wives.....

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PnVG3DNf6_U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PnVG3DNf6_U</a>
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2020, 12:48:05 am »

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2020, 12:50:17 am »
Were they built for speed or comfort? ;D

This counts as another vote for me!

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2020, 04:30:52 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5zCNBtXIZ5U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5zCNBtXIZ5U</a>

Come on lads, you know it's the right thing to do.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2020, 12:24:59 pm »
Hour left... vote now.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: