Author Topic: The Decisions, Decisions Draft - Derby Day Edition - Discussion & Sign Up Thread  (Read 23623 times)

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Who is the 5th Real pick? I can only see Zidane, Di Stefano, Laudrup and Cannavaro.

Edit: NVM just noticed Puskas.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
I have a meeting in 2 hours time, and I'll be away for an hour or so. So if it ends up being my turn by then, I'll send my pick to Trend

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
I have a meeting in 2 hours time, and I'll be away for an hour or so. So if it ends up being my turn by then, I'll send my pick to Trend

Sounds good mate!

(JSteve has a pick in about 25 minutes possibly) -- and then you.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 05:06:55 pm by The Piss-artist Formerly Known As Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

You know you're going to be thinking about who you're going to pick next. That's what I would do.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
JSteve and then DeFacto --- you boys are up!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
Happy to get the Inter player I wanted 8)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Happy to get the Inter player I wanted 8)

Well played...

No Bergomi
No Breme
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 07:25:35 pm by The Piss-artist Formerly Known As Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Good pick mate

• Legacy Fan

You know you're going to be thinking about who you're going to pick next. That's what I would do.

Haha zero attention will be paid during this meeting

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Sorry, not been about all day. Skip me if I'm not online in future. I can catch up whenever. Will make my picks asap. I know one at least!
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sorry, not been about all day. Skip me if I'm not online in future. I can catch up whenever. Will make my picks asap. I know one at least!

Nice pick Betty!  No problem from where I am sitting --- you are getting a nice team there :)

Hey Mikey and BB?  Do we use the 1 hour time limit for VBG using DeFacto or BB (catch up picks) when looking at the posting (order or the last one posted?)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 06:58:53 pm by The Piss-artist Formerly Known As Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Well played...

No Bergomi
No Breme
No Zanetti

No Giuseppe Meazza as well..

• Legacy Fan
Damn it Betty :(

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Tough decision there. Had pics lined up for Carlos Alberto! But decided to go for Dani Alves mostly because I want players I've never drafted before where possible and he's also fucking great.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Tough decision there. Had pics lined up for Carlos Alberto! But decided to go for Dani Alves mostly because I want players I've never drafted before where possible and he's also fucking great.

Thank Fowler.  I was trying to decide to put my three year old son down for a nap and then post (giving you more time for your second pick) or waiting until the hour was up and diving right in.   I did the former. 

True story, Mikey helped me resolve an interesting fun fact about Alberto Carlos for the last two hours ---->  so Betty Blue I am in a deep debt of gratitude for not taking my Brazilian right back dude.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And the outside backs just keep coming!  Great pick Gerry.

Roberto Carlos
Carlos Alberto
Cafu

Three Four of Brazil's best.

Ahem, I meant Dani Alves too.... huuuuuuuge error :)

- Bastardized Piss Take
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 07:31:52 pm by The Piss-artist Formerly Known As Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
And the outside backs just keep coming!  Great pick Gerry.

Roberto Carlos
Carlos Alberto
Cafu

Three of Brazil's best.

And Dani Alves, you bastard.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Thank Fowler.  I was trying to decide to put my three year old son down for a nap and then post (giving you more time for your second pick) or waiting until the hour was up and diving right in.   I did the former. 

True story, Mikey helped me resolve an interesting fun fact about Alberto Carlos for the last two hours ---->  so Betty Blue I am in a deep debt of gratitude for not taking my Brazilian right back dude.

Obviously drafting comes first  ;)

To be honest, I almost picked him on this picture alone

Guessing you two were researching a game he'd played in the Derby for Flumi. Found this one myself -

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wUa5RcxXcwY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wUa5RcxXcwY</a>

I should probably focus on the criteria, but I prefer to live dangerously  :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Obviously drafting comes first  ;)

To be honest, I almost picked him on this picture alone

Guessing you two were researching a game he'd played in the Derby for Flumi. Found this one myself -

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wUa5RcxXcwY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wUa5RcxXcwY</a>

I should probably focus on the criteria, but I prefer to live dangerously  :D

This is fantastic.   In looking at all of this old footage, I am struck by how damn talented so many were on the ball and how violent so many of the tackles were back then.   Serious freaking lunges in with studs, elbows, and any other hard part.  Crazy, but good to take in and remember.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lastrador is up (time almost up here)
Sheer Mag next
Tubby then
Flash with 2

*** taking a break for a few hours will be back (if my pick comes Mikey you know it, will you post it mate?)
And if he is taken, I 'll work my way back as BB and Viva have/will have done!

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
T0$$ers the lot of you's there go all of my fullbacks :(

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
where are we at?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
where are we at?

Sheer’s pick but the last pick was just before 10pm GMT, so unless he picks that’ll be it until morning.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Nemanja Vidic is a bold choice. Especially when his kryptonite is still available.

Yeah, mate. Maybe I should pick him to solve that problem. Sorry for delay btw.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, mate. Maybe I should pick him to solve that problem. Sorry for delay btw.

Rivellino is inspired choice mate...

Had him on my list, and thought I could do the double Alberto Carlos and him (Fla-Flu), but alas twas not to be .  Grateful it was a pick going the other way rather than right before.

Check this out - father of the elastico

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/x20TG7jw3GE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/x20TG7jw3GE</a>
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Will pick in a few mins, only just logged in at work.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Can I get a ruling on whether Figo counts as a local pick?  He was born in Almada, which is just a couple of miles from Lisbon.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Can I get a ruling on whether Figo counts as a local pick?  He was born in Almada, which is just a couple of miles from Lisbon.

Yeah having just been to Lisbon, that definitely counts!

Also gutted to miss out on Cafu, I actually saw him play in the Roma v Lazio derby when I was young.

Was a mad game, 2-0 Roma, but the Lazio fans rioted (they were pulling out the seats and chucking them - in their own ground).

We were sat on the barrier between the fans. There were bushes on fire all round the ground and we came out with burning red eyes after the police came in with tear gas to calm the Lazio fans.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Yeah having just been to Lisbon, that definitely counts!

Super, ta.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne

I looked at him for that but research told me it was it’s own principality so swerved it.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Figo was my no.1 pick for right wing. That front four would've caused carnage, Jimmy Johnstone isn't a bad replacement though.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I looked at him for that but research told me it was it’s own principality so swerved it.

Yes, I would have thought he's not technically Lisbon born because Almada is a city itself. But I've never been to Lisbon, so I'm just going off wiki and google maps. If we go down this route then we need some kind of minimum mile radius for future disputes.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Yeah it'll be tricky with London players, do you stick to the area of London?  Lisbon isn't huge and Almada is a stone's throw away... plus Mikey ok'd it and he's the boss.

Actually, I can just use McGrain as my local pick if needed, so all good either way.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 11:49:35 am by tubby »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Yeah it'll be tricky with London players, do you stick to the area of London?  Lisbon isn't huge and Almada is a stone's throw away... plus Mikey ok'd it and he's the boss.

Actually, I can just use McGrain as my local pick if needed, so all good either way.

Yeah, it's fine. I'm not complaining. I'd just like to be clear on it for future picks that might throw this up. Helps me not discard players while researching too.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
If you have to change it I've first dibs on Figo as I was just about to pick him  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
If you have to change it I've first dibs on Figo as I was just about to pick him  ;D

Not happening, my man.

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
Didn't pick someone as I thought he would last because of his playstyle, now having second thoughts as players are getting crossed off.

• Legacy Fan
Didn't pick someone as I thought he would last because of his playstyle, now having second thoughts as players are getting crossed off.

Welcome to my world.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Van Dijk FUUUUUUUUU

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Haha was wondering when he'd get picked.