Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2789147 times)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
I don’t think it’s terrible...

But it could be for any club, in any country, it has nothing that you look at and think it’s a city top...

It's being edgy for edgy's sake.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
What the fuck is going on with that top? ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
All feels a bit like JD Sports x Stone Roses mash up.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don’t think it’s terrible...
really?

Is this your fashion sense?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
That's the worst clobber I've ever seen. Clearly trying to copy the class Nigeria stuff by Nike a few years back.

Mancs, always have, and always will have, the fashion sense of your average North Korean granny.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Anyone need a laugh this morning, take a look at this hilarity  ;D

https://twitter.com/the1886club/status/1261778323929169920

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

There are some funny posts in that lot,not sure if 33 is on a wind up or not (not bothered to check his timeline)

This reply is the best of the lot

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan

My favourite part is where he claims they signed players that weren't big names like *ahem* Aguero, David Silva, and Leroy Sane. Can tell he's never watch a foreign match in his life, every football fan and their mother knows these players were tearing it up for Atletico, Valencia and Schalke.

Then he claims Sterling and De Bruyne were "rejected" by their Premier League clubs and improved by City. I mean, Sterling was never "rejected" by Liverpool, and De Bruyne was rejected by a club that rejects everyone and then he tore the Bundesliga up with Wolfsburg. The arrogance in this thread is staggering.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan

"Just to be clear, I do think the takeover helped a little"  :) Jesus Christ god help us

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
There is Chelsea fans and City fans arguing over which club bought success  :butt :butt
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

"Just to be clear, I do think the takeover helped a little"  :) Jesus Christ god help us

I think that's my favourite :lmao

My favourite part is where he claims they signed players that weren't big names like *ahem* Aguero, David Silva, and Leroy Sane. Can tell he's never watch a foreign match in his life, every football fan and their mother knows these players were tearing it up for Atletico, Valencia and Schalke.

Then he claims Sterling and De Bruyne were "rejected" by their Premier League clubs and improved by City. I mean, Sterling was never "rejected" by Liverpool, and De Bruyne was rejected by a club that rejects everyone and then he tore the Bundesliga up with Wolfsburg. The arrogance in this thread is staggering.

Yeah, add Laporte to the list of these young prospects Man City have made apparently  ;D

And De Bruyne 'improved fantastically' at City. I mean, you'd hope such a talented player would improve with age. But two of his best seasons where with Wolfsburg and Bremen, it was clear as day to anyone watching him how amazing he was even at that tender age.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
There is Chelsea fans and City fans arguing over which club bought success  :butt :butt

I feel like some neutrals go easy on Chelsea these days, simply because City's "revolution" dwarfs their own. I assume that's because Chelsea were closer to a title challenge in 2003 than Man City were 2008. Chelsea already had a little bit of quality in their ranks, City needed a complete rebuild.

That said, Chelsea did buy Makelele, Duff, Joe Cole, Geremi, Glen Johnson and Hernan Crespo in the first window, so I guess Chelsea needed more than just a little push for that first title.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Someone in that thread also seems to think the old CWC is the UEFA Cup.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
Both, is the correct answer.

But let them crack on fighting between them  ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Someone in that thread also seems to think the old CWC is the UEFA Cup.

Fucking morons. :D

It does annoy me that so many shite English teams have won a Cup Winners Cup and somehow it’s the only one we didn’t win, when generally it’s was far and away the easiest to win. That United run time the final in 1991 was obscene. And obviously now we’ll never win it.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated

It does annoy me that so many shite English teams have won a Cup Winners Cup and somehow it’s the only one we didn’t win, when generally it’s was far and away the easiest to win. That United run time the final in 1991 was obscene. And obviously now we’ll never win it.

Ah we were too busy winning leagues most of the time so rarely qualified for what was ultimately very much the third level European competition. You said it yourself there are some obscure teams who’ve won it, just because they won the FA Cup. I know it sometimes feels like a gap especially after we went close on a couple of the rare occasions we were in it but not one that you should let annoy you too much
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Ah we were too busy winning leagues most of the time so rarely qualified for what was ultimately very much the third level European competition. You said it yourself there are some obscure teams who’ve won it, just because they won the FA Cup. I know it sometimes feels like a gap especially after we went close on a couple of the rare occasions we were in it but not one that you should let annoy you too much

I know. I only remember us being in it in 92/93 when we were shite and 96/97 when we made the semis but think the quality was high that year. We lost to PSG who lost to Barca, think someone like Fiorentina made the other semi.

We also lost to Dortmund in the final back in the 60s didn’t we.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
I know. I only remember us being in it in 92/93 when we were shite and 96/97 when we made the semis but think the quality was high that year. We lost to PSG who lost to Barca, think someone like Fiorentina made the other semi.

Yeah, got beat 2-1 at Hampden

Also got knocked out on away goals by Ferencvaros who made it to the final in 74/75, don't think we played in it again until we won the cup in 92
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 02:26:14 pm by FiSh77 »

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated

That PSG tie was a tough one to take. Missed so many chances in the second leg almost getting back into it after James nightmare in Paris. The Final in 66 was the other one I was referring too. Losing to a goal that hit the crossbar and went in off Yeats I think
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
Baffingly, that 33 guy claims City dominated English football during the 1930s. Err... they won 2 trophies - 1934 FA Cup & the League in 1937. AND they were relegated the following year.

Meanwhile, Arsenal won 5 championships & 2 FA Cups!

He also reckons they dominated during the 60s which is equally nonsensical

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Baffingly, that 33 guy claims City dominated English football during the 1930s. Err... they won 2 trophies - 1934 FA Cup & the League in 1937. AND they were relegated the following year.

He must have genuinely thought no one would bother checking  ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Huddersfield won the First Division three times in a row in the 30s too (Herbert Chapman) so even if you’re being generous they were only the third most successful side of that decade.

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
Huddersfield won the First Division three times in a row in the 30s too (Herbert Chapman) so even if you’re being generous they were only the third most successful side of that decade.

Huddersfield's hat-trick of championships was 1924-1926. Your point still stands though as Everton won more than City in the 30's. Sheffield Weds, Sunderland & City all won 1 championship & 1 FA Cup each
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 03:59:25 pm by Paisley79 »

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Huddersfield's hat-trick of championships was 1924-1926. Your point still stands though as Everton won more than City in the 30's. Sheffield Weds, Sunderland & City all won 1 championship & 1 FA Cup each

Gosh, was that really the 20s? Doesn’t time fly!

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Their appeal hearing is next month.

Nailed on to get reduced to a one year ban.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Yep, UEFA will try and bury the news among all the Covid stuff and hope we don't notice.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yep, UEFA will try and bury the news among all the Covid stuff and hope we don't notice.
its not uefa they’re having that hearing is with, but do expect it to be a one year ban and nobody will be too arsed

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan

What are the grounds for the appeal?

Their statement was that it was "simply not true". Will they be presenting evidence to clear their name?
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What are the grounds for the appeal?

Their statement was that it was "simply not true". Will they be presenting evidence to clear their name?

But but UEFA can't charge us because that evidence that clearly shows were guilty was obtained illegally

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡

I think we only played in it twice though.

1965/66
1974/75

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”

Without checking I would probably say Everton won more than city in the 30s.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!

We shouldn't start rewriting history and pretending we won the Intertoto cup.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite

Indeed, we wouldn't have played in the 77/78 cwc had we won the 77 fa cup, as we'd already qualified for the 77/78 european cup by winning the league, funnily enough United got St Etienne in the 1st round of the 77/78 cwc won 3-1 on agg but had to play the 2nd leg home tie in Plymouth due to crowd trouble in the 1st leg.
#Sausages

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

1965/66
1974/75

Also played in it in 92/93 after we’d won the Cup in 92. Lost to Spartak Moscow when David Burrows ended up in goal.

Also played 96/97 because United won the double. That’s when we lost to PSG in the semis.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Also played in it in 92/93 after we’d won the Cup in 92. Lost to Spartak Moscow when David Burrows ended up in goal.

Also played 96/97 because United won the double. That’s when we lost to PSG in the semis.

Yep, Chelsea won the 97/98 cwc, they beat Stuttgart in the final, the semis that year were Lokomotiv Moscow & Vicenza, i remember the Tromso vs Chelsea tie that season in Norway which was played in a blizzard. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

1965/66
1974/75

To paraphrase Shankly,  "we never did badly enough to qualify".
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
One thing that Sam Lee in the Athletic has talked about re the CAS appeal:

What else would a ban mean for City?

A Premier League points deduction is a possibility.

The Premier League has been investigating City, but it appears to be waiting for UEFA and CAS’s decisions before announcing their stance. The Premier League has its own FFP regulations, although they allow for far greater losses than UEFA does — an English top-flight club would have to make losses of more than £105 million before any punishment, which could include a points deduction.

This area is tricky as City have been found guilty by the CFCB of overstating their revenue — it is not clear whether, or by how much, City would have breached UEFA’s FFP “break-even requirement”, meaning that clubs cannot spend more than they earn. If it is established at CAS that City would have made big losses, it would be easier for the Premier League to act.

However, one hitherto overlooked element of this whole case is section J7 of the Premier League handbook, which covers “UEFA Club Licence Applicants”:

“Any club making a false statement (whether made verbally or in writing) in or in connection with an application for a UEFA Club Licence or falsifying a document produced in support of or in connection with such an application shall be in breach of these rules and shall be liable to be dealt with in accordance with the provisions of Section W of these rules.”

In short, if a club has deceived UEFA in the process of applying to play European football, it will be punished by the Premier League, which again could mean a points deduction.

So if CAS were to reject City’s appeal, the Premier League will be automatically handed a reason to punish City — regardless of any financial losses City may or may not have made — because they would have been found to have misled UEFA and also the Premier League, which is covered by section J7 of the league handbook.

Insert Klopp's 'what a pity' gif here
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

So if CAS were to reject City’s appeal, the Premier League will be automatically handed a reason to punish City — regardless of any financial losses City may or may not have made — because they would have been found to have misled UEFA and also the Premier League, which is covered by section J7 of the league handbook.

Insert Klopp's 'what a pity' gif here

This is very important because even if the ban is reduced they'll still be guilty, not exonerated.  That leaves the Premier League free to act.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art