Author Topic: Letter from LFC saying membership is under investigation..  (Read 8967 times)

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
Letter from LFC saying membership is under investigation..
« on: December 5, 2018, 07:05:02 pm »
All because I assigned him my ticket for the derby as I had to drop out at very short notice. Sent him an email to authorise pick up from the ticket office as well. Fuckin joke. Attached my planned reply as well.

Getting ridiculous this. How about targeting the adverts offering for £200+ a go?!
« Last Edit: December 6, 2018, 12:39:04 pm by Claire. »

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Letter from LFC saying membership is under investigation..
« Reply #1 on: December 5, 2018, 07:07:11 pm »
What a load of shite

Hope your reply is calmer than mine would be!

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2 on: December 5, 2018, 07:13:18 pm »
 :o :o that's crazy. Was it a local ticket?

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 5, 2018, 07:14:06 pm »
Dear Sir/Madam,

I write to you regarding your letter dated 3rd December 2018 asking what happened with my membership card (1003****) for the Everton home fixture. No one was in possession of my membership card for the fixture, it remained in my possession at all times.

Unfortunately I was called out to work on the morning of the game, and I was therefore unable to make it. The nature of my work means I can be called out at short notice. In all fairness, I did try to call the ticket office to see what I could do. But as expected, the lines were busy, and I can’t really be on my phone too much while working. Having quickly asked around some friends, and I also searched on an online LFC forum, other people stated they have transferred a ticket at short notice before by emailing a letter of authorisation to a nominated recipient to show at the ticket office along with their ID. Given that my friend had to show this at the ticket office in order to collect a paper ticket, I thought the issuing of a paper ticket would class as sufficient consent of the club, as they could have refused to do so at the ticket office window if the club did not consent to such an action.

The ticket was used by [my friend]. Having spoke to him a few days earlier, both he and his friend were without tickets for the game. Upon receiving the emergency call from work, my first thought was to ask if he still needed a ticket. He did, so I thought it would be a nice gesture to gift him my ticket rather than it go to waste and also needlessly leave him without a ticket.

Hopefully from reading the above, you can see I did make reasonable effort to find out the process of how I could transfer the ticket, and genuinely believed I had followed a reasonable process to act fairly and also acted in good faith by allowing another fan the opportunity to see the game when I couldn’t. I would also reiterate that I did not accept any payment at all (not even the face value cost of the ticket) off Anthony, I simply did not want the ticket to go to waste. There was no way to return it to the club given the short notice, so this is what I thought was best.

I trust this explanation is satisfactory. Although I apologise for any error or misunderstanding on my part, as genuine as it is. I would also welcome your advice as to what to do should this situation occur again. Although from what I have read from supporter representatives, Phil Dutton and others are looking at steps to make this easier and more transparent.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

Tiger Tony
« Last Edit: December 6, 2018, 12:40:04 pm by Claire. »

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 5, 2018, 07:14:31 pm »
:o :o that's crazy. Was it a local ticket?
No. Members sale

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #5 on: December 5, 2018, 07:14:59 pm »
All because I assigned him my ticket for the derby as I had to drop out at very short notice. Sent him an email to authorise pick up from the ticket office as well. Fuckin joke. Attached my planned reply as well.

Getting ridiculous this. How about targeting the adverts offering for £200+ a go?!

There taking the piss. You've gone about things the correct way and this is how they treat you. Have you got your reply as it's not uploaded?

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 5, 2018, 07:16:55 pm »
Very fair reply

Think somewhere in the ts and cs it says  about giving written authority for transfer of tickets to a known party? May be worth quoting that and saying that’s what you did?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 5, 2018, 07:19:38 pm »
That's fucking disgraceful. All sorts of scumbags with tickets being touted and they're chasing you for passing one on to a mate? Ridiculous.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 5, 2018, 07:28:33 pm »
There taking the piss. You've gone about things the correct way and this is how they treat you. Have you got your reply as it's not uploaded?
I copy and pasted above

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 5, 2018, 07:34:55 pm »
Very fair reply

Think somewhere in the ts and cs it says  about giving written authority for transfer of tickets to a known party? May be worth quoting that and saying that’s what you did?
Do you have a link to t&c's?

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12 on: December 5, 2018, 08:44:35 pm »
SNIP

That seems more than fair. If the club had any suspicions then why did they provide your mate with the duplicate??
« Last Edit: December 6, 2018, 12:40:31 pm by Claire. »

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #13 on: December 5, 2018, 09:01:36 pm »
And yet they let people use season tickets of dead relatives, no questions asked.  It's a joke.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #14 on: December 5, 2018, 09:11:27 pm »
Nice response to the club...

They should be targeting the touts on Twitter with bulk members/STHs cards. Hopefully you will be fine

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #15 on: December 5, 2018, 11:08:36 pm »
Sad state of affairs when the club treat match going loyal supporters like this. I say 'the club' but it's probably some no mark in that department just being a jobsworth. Someone who's maybe had a bad day and just being a bellend. They can quote all the terms they want but someone has made a decision to follow up on this and its a disgrace in my opinion.

I'd like to think that common sense will prevail and you'll be ok, but with that department and our ticket office, there seems to be a huge lack of humility and common sense.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #16 on: December 5, 2018, 11:25:40 pm »
I think that’s quite a passive reply given the circumstances.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 5, 2018, 11:36:02 pm »
Get SOS on the case

Also brings up the question of people who buy tickets but post return period can’t go, do they expect the seat to be empty and the buyer not find somebody to take it? Ditto for acs, if you can’t make one game do they expect you to return the ticket and fall off, especially for european homes??

And yet they let people use season tickets of dead relatives, no questions asked.  It's a joke.
And probably people having multiple non corporate season tickets in their name
« Last Edit: December 5, 2018, 11:43:21 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 6, 2018, 12:19:05 am »
The Club is very keen to ensure that there are NO empty seats at  Anfield.  Empty seats don’t give vocal support and more importantly (for The Club) don’t spend money on refreshments, programmes etc.  The Club explicitly advertises this stance on the website with the aim of encouraging non-attending season ticket holders to return their seats so The Club can re-sell them to members (at a profit to The Club).  For members there is no mechanism to return a ticket at short notice, or to transfer a ticket to another member.  The only (official) options available are to leave
the seat empty (in contradiction of The Club’s aim to fill every seat) or to seek formal permission to transfer the ticket to another person as you have done.  Unfortunately The Club errects barriers that hamper the effectiveness of this process (can’t get through on the phone,  nobody replies to e-mails).   Interestingly the sale of tickets for European away games allows for a ticket to be allocated to a named third party.   

As mentioned above the turgid actions of The Club are shocking to say the least.   The Club employs people (quite rightly) to address the serious issue of touting.  Touting is easy to deal with,but it appears that those who are gainfully employed in these  roles are justifying their salaries by sending threatening letters to members (customers) who pay their wages, rather than addresing the serious matters that blight football.

I imagine that there would be a lot of wriggling and squirming by The Club if the media got hold if this.
Suggest that you notify Spirit of Shankly (Jay McKenna) and The Club Supporters liasion officer.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2018, 12:39:32 am by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #19 on: December 6, 2018, 12:26:10 am »
What an absolute piss take. Did the guy who had your ticket get stopped at any stage or was the letter the first you knew of anything being wrong? How have they decided to pick on you out of all the touted tickets in the ground? I assume you'll have to miss the Utd game while they sort this out as well, this happened to a friend of mine last season and he ended up missing either the City or Roma CL game while they sorted it as they blocked his card. They need to make it easier for members to loan their ticket for the odd game if it's in good faith. Hope you get it sorted out asap.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 6, 2018, 08:29:49 am »
What an absolute piss take. Did the guy who had your ticket get stopped at any stage or was the letter the first you knew of anything being wrong? How have they decided to pick on you out of all the touted tickets in the ground? I assume you'll have to miss the Utd game while they sort this out as well, this happened to a friend of mine last season and he ended up missing either the City or Roma CL game while they sorted it as they blocked his card. They need to make it easier for members to loan their ticket for the odd game if it's in good faith. Hope you get it sorted out asap.
First I knew was the letter. They haven't said it is suspended. Just under investigation and have asked me for more information.

But I think Ii should alert SOS and Tony Barrett to this. Having read section 3.3 of the terms and conditions, I don't think I have done anything wrong at all

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #21 on: December 6, 2018, 08:42:43 am »
First I knew was the letter. They haven't said it is suspended. Just under investigation and have asked me for more information.

But I think Ii should alert SOS and Tony Barrett to this. Having read section 3.3 of the terms and conditions, I don't think I have done anything wrong at all

He must have been pulled by a steward or something though? Otherwise how would they even know you've passed it on?

Hope it gets sorted asap for you

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 6, 2018, 08:50:31 am »
He must have been pulled by a steward or something though? Otherwise how would they even know you've passed it on?

Hope it gets sorted asap for you
No. I sent him an email to authorise a paper collection from the window. That is it

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 6, 2018, 08:54:41 am »
Ok I just logged on and put a Napoli ticket in basket. Doesn't say card is on stop or suspended or whatever. So that clarifies it, it is just under investigation. To be fair, my friend is from Malta, so that might have been a potential red flag to them.

As for those saying my reply is passive, I am going to remove the bit where I say sorry and add some other bits in. There is no point being rude and aggrrssive here. Equally, I haven't done anything wrong and I should make my points a little more assertively. But still politely

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #24 on: December 6, 2018, 08:56:00 am »

I'd get onto SOS/Tony Barrett before sending anything to the club

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 6, 2018, 09:14:15 am »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/ticket-terms

Have a read of 3.3

That seems to suggest that his mate would need 4+ credits though

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 6, 2018, 09:17:53 am »
That seems to suggest that his mate would need 4+ credits though
It is certainly open to interpretation. I read it as in they meet the terms and conditions of use/entry. Not sale eligibility

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 6, 2018, 09:26:53 am »
It is certainly open to interpretation. I read it as in they meet the terms and conditions of use/entry. Not sale eligibility

Yes I think you're right having read it again.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #28 on: December 6, 2018, 09:36:05 am »
The problem here is that there is total confusion over what the procedure is.You cant fucking win.I gave my two season tickets to a good friend for the Chelsea league cup game.I was worried that he would fuck up at the turnstile so i rang up the club before the match and told them  i was giving him the use of the tickets they took a note of his name and that was it,they did tell me that i could only do this 3 times per season.
Kenny Godglish

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 6, 2018, 09:43:30 am »
It seems to me that you've been punished for following the correct procedure, Tony.

Had you done nothing, they probably wouldn't have done anything. If i'm reading it correctly.

Unbelievable...or is it, with this ticket office

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #30 on: December 6, 2018, 09:56:36 am »
It seems to me that you've been punished for following the correct procedure, Tony.

Had you done nothing, they probably wouldn't have done anything. If i'm reading it correctly.

Unbelievable...or is it, with this ticket office
He had no way of giving him his card Paul as it was short notice.If he had being able to give him the card he wouldnt have to deal with this harrassement and stress now i have a pain in my bollocks with them they are taking more and more away tickets for corporates cause we are going for the title and fucking over good ordinary decent reds and they go after the likes of Tony its a disgrace.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 6, 2018, 10:15:17 am »
To be fair they haven’t taken it off him (yet)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 6, 2018, 10:23:09 am »
Ok I just logged on and put a Napoli ticket in basket. Doesn't say card is on stop or suspended or whatever. So that clarifies it, it is just under investigation. To be fair, my friend is from Malta, so that might have been a potential red flag to them.

Glad to hear you're not being blocked while they sort it out at least. My friend was gutted to miss some of the biggest games of last season due to the club's incompetence.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline sameold

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 6, 2018, 10:36:54 am »
That’s all very pathetic Tony. I hope you get sorted.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 6, 2018, 10:56:41 am »
Glad to hear you're not being blocked while they sort it out at least. My friend was gutted to miss some of the biggest games of last season due to the club's incompetence.
What happened to your mate? Did they suspend it?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 6, 2018, 11:11:20 am »
What happened to your mate? Did they suspend it?

Yeah, right before one of our CL games last season, City or Roma I think, he ended up missing a few games cos they suspended his card while they looked into it all. I think the friend he'd passed his ticket onto in good faith had then resold it and it got flagged that way as a tout, so I guess the situation was maybe seen as more serious than yours. He got it back eventually but he was gutted to miss some of our biggest games of the season. No refund either for the games he missed that were already on his card.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 6, 2018, 12:51:39 pm »
Yeah, right before one of our CL games last season, City or Roma I think, he ended up missing a few games cos they suspended his card while they looked into it all. I think the friend he'd passed his ticket onto in good faith had then resold it and it got flagged that way as a tout, so I guess the situation was maybe seen as more serious than yours. He got it back eventually but he was gutted to miss some of our biggest games of the season. No refund either for the games he missed that were already on his card.
That is shit. On the letter did they say it was suspended or under investigation?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 6, 2018, 12:53:55 pm »
That is shit. On the letter did they say it was suspended or under investigation?

Not sure to be honest, will try and find out.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #38 on: December 6, 2018, 04:29:03 pm »
the fact they gave your mate the paper ticket at anfield means you did something right.

did they make him pay £10 for the paper ticket, they usually do as its not their fault he didnt have your card to get in ?

after reading your explination, i think you will be fine with lfc as that should satisfy their investigation.

your mate could always back up your story if needed as well.

keep us up dated mate and YNWA !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 6, 2018, 06:08:24 pm »
It could be under investigation to help you as well. Say you'd lost it and someone turned up with a blag email it's more than fair to put a marker on it I'd say, and you'd hope with your reply it gets cleared up quickly.

Sadly the reality is we've seen too many issues of bad service from LFC so we rightly worry.

I'm fairly sure you've done the right process, but I'm also fairly sure there isn't a right process.

In fact - you've gone out of your way to follow the process, when thousands do not and accidently highlighted yourself.

I hope to see a swift resolution.