Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3301663 times)

Offline Thiago12291

• Thinks we’re a fucking mess and it’s down to Jurgen
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #27720 on: December 18, 2022, 03:43:43 pm »
Is there a review show for the Milan game due?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #27721 on: December 21, 2022, 11:05:52 am »
I usually like hearing from Dave Mooney, equating the Hillsborough chants with the "bus attack" that merged into attacking someone can get in the bin.

We have our share of idiots who act like a prick at times, but fairs fair Dave

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27722 on: December 21, 2022, 11:21:22 am »
... equating the Hillsborough chants with the "bus attack" ...

Bloody hell ! What a fucking mad shout from someone who you think is a decent and fairminded fan.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27723 on: December 21, 2022, 10:18:21 pm »
Hillsborough chants, bus attacks, poverty shouts, viscous vitriol…

We can play Top Trumps and make a list of the worst to the least worst behaviours and all probably broadly agree.

I’m not sure it gets us very far and nobody is better for the experience. Mooney is essentially distancing himself from the bad elements of the City fanbase. I don’t blame him for not engaging fully in some kind of moral maze. It’s not his job. He’s not their spokesperson.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #27724 on: December 22, 2022, 06:41:17 am »
Hillsborough chants, bus attacks, poverty shouts, viscous vitriol…

We can play Top Trumps and make a list of the worst to the least worst behaviours and all probably broadly agree.

I’m not sure it gets us very far and nobody is better for the experience. Mooney is essentially distancing himself from the bad elements of the City fanbase. I don’t blame him for not engaging fully in some kind of moral maze. It’s not his job. He’s not their spokesperson.

It's not about top trumps in my mind.

It's not me normalising the bus attack or saying our fans are saints in any respect. Mention the coins thrown from both sections to other fans or any element of the dickhead behaviour that comes to a City Liverpool game now.

He's on a Liverpool podcast speaking to Liverpool fans. It's not on and I thought he was better than that

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #27725 on: December 25, 2022, 12:04:54 am »
Just finished watching Jürgen, Part 3, and it just brought home how lucky we are. We too often take him for granted nowadays I think but the man is a living legend at 3 separate football clubs! How many other people can say the same?

No matter the lows we experience, no matter the decisions we debate and no matter the signings we make, we will remain on the ride of our lives whilst he is here.

Thanks to everyone involved for pulling it together. It’s a superb piece of work. The passion and love each and every person interviewed has for the man is a testament to what an amazing human he is. When it comes to football I wouldn’t swap him for anything, whether that be other managers, other players, other owners or a cabinet full of trophies.

He is unique. Cherish him. The worst thing we could do is drive ourselves insane by obsessing about the tough times we may be facing in the moment, and the problems we might face in the future. Sometimes we just need to take a step back and appreciate the journey we’ve been on, and in doing so we will see that every little thing’s going to be alright.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27726 on: December 27, 2022, 01:07:21 am »
Emergency gutter up!

And a Birmingham Balti  :lickin
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 04:06:20 am by kavah »

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #27727 on: December 27, 2022, 08:24:58 am »
Rob Gutmann is a national treasure.

Offline Thiago12291

• Main Stander
« Reply #27728 on: December 27, 2022, 04:18:28 pm »
No sure why anybody would want to listen to what Carl fucking Anka thinks of Cody Gakpo. The guys an idiot.

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #27729 on: December 27, 2022, 05:14:25 pm »
No sure why anybody would want to listen to what Carl fucking Anka thinks of Cody Gakpo. The guys an idiot.

Well mate there's about 4 specials each with a different person talking about Gakpo all out by the end of the night plus TAW contributors on other shows so you'll be able to pick and choose! 😅

Offline Thiago12291

• Main Stander
« Reply #27730 on: December 27, 2022, 05:23:29 pm »
Well mate there's about 4 specials each with a different person talking about Gakpo all out by the end of the night plus TAW contributors on other shows so you'll be able to pick and choose! 😅

True, the content, as ever has been sensational mate.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #27731 on: December 27, 2022, 05:26:48 pm »

+1. Can't stand him. The pseudointellectual's pseudointellectual.

Rest of the Gakpo content has been exemplary.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #27732 on: December 29, 2022, 08:23:38 am »
Hearing Jonno after a long time of no Jonno is very much welcomed.

Honestly think of the non regular shows, Agony and EPL are my favourites

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27733 on: December 31, 2022, 07:25:44 pm »
Thiago and Henderson both given a 6 in the match ratings.  :lmao

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27734 on: December 31, 2022, 07:39:43 pm »
Thiago and Henderson both given a 6 in the match ratings.  :lmao

It’s hardly L’Equipe.

Seen a few comments on this in various places. No one’s reading the ratings for the actual ratings are they?

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27735 on: December 31, 2022, 07:45:00 pm »

Actually been a huge loss that in addition to Robbo stopping, Ben Johnson has also almost disappeared. TAW could've done without those two things happening at the same time.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27736 on: December 31, 2022, 07:57:09 pm »
It’s hardly L’Equipe.

Seen a few comments on this in various places. No one’s reading the ratings for the actual ratings are they?

Quite clearly they are and if they are giing to the effort of rating them, expect to people to laugh at the ridiculous ratings in such instances. I mean, come on! ;D

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27737 on: January 5, 2023, 10:05:24 am »
Great Gutter yesterday - Neil Jones adds a lot any time he's on a show, and it was a good discussion about the state of the squad and planning beyond just chatting wham about rumoured names.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27738 on: January 5, 2023, 11:34:59 am »

Another shout out for the Agony show here.  It’s such a good mix of contributors and Ben Johnson is the perfect host for it.  I really want to know what the “perfect son” did for Christmas now!  I was with Rob in thinking he needs to stick up for himself more and theres no way he shouldn’t see his parents on Christmas morning just because her sister was over ;D

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27739 on: January 7, 2023, 06:27:24 pm »
Great Gutter yesterday - Neil Jones adds a lot any time he's on a show, and it was a good discussion about the state of the squad and planning beyond just chatting wham about rumoured names.
It’s also great to listen to squad-based chat that’s about as removed from twitter-tantrums as you can get. Going through the whole process of recruiting, squad build and prioritising rather than crying about spending someone else’s money.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27740 on: January 9, 2023, 12:23:44 pm »
Another shout out for the Agony show here.  It’s such a good mix of contributors and Ben Johnson is the perfect host for it.  I really want to know what the “perfect son” did for Christmas now!  I was with Rob in thinking he needs to stick up for himself more and theres no way he shouldn’t see his parents on Christmas morning just because her sister was over ;D

Finally got around to listening to the most recent Agony. Absolutely fantastic. Was pissing myself laughing in public as I listened to it on the bike. Ben Johnno is amazing on it, but the whole group of four is perfect for the show.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27741 on: January 11, 2023, 08:06:43 pm »
I really enjoyed Dockings interview

Didnt reralise he was an ex-Rawkite

I remember being quite traumatised by that Coventry defeat where Fowler took the lead and James fucked it up. Im surprised it didnt really get a mention.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #27742 on: January 11, 2023, 08:15:57 pm »

I remember being quite traumatised by that Coventry defeat where Fowler took the lead and James fucked it up. Im surprised it didnt really get a mention.

His was the infamous Met Momo in the Asda thread wasn't it? Thought he was still on here to be honest.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27743 on: January 11, 2023, 08:20:08 pm »
His was the infamous Met Momo in the Asda thread wasn't it? Thought he was still on here to be honest.

Yeah me mentioned that, think its before my time. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27744 on: January 11, 2023, 08:46:38 pm »

Hadn’t realised quite what a bogey team Coventry were back then!

I do remember the 5-1 just before Christmas that he mentioned and obviously the Ndlovu hat trick at Anfield too. But yeah, that defeat in April 97 was the day after United had lost at home to Derby and I think we’d have gone top with a win.

The Cup defeat in 98 was mentioned, and we also lost at Highfiele Road in April 96, the weekend after we’d had the 4-3 with Newcastle which was the most Liverpool thing ever back then.

I think we were the team to relate them though, and sealed it with a Gary Mac free kick so at least we got the last laugh.

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27745 on: January 11, 2023, 10:03:17 pm »
Was going to ask about the "Xmas" quiz but the thread been locked but its actually dropped in the past day. Its tremendous listening.

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27746 on: January 12, 2023, 04:20:25 am »

That was great. About his family connection and his affinity for the club and the city. Nice one Neil

Offline Absinthe

• Main Stander
« Reply #27747 on: January 12, 2023, 02:25:49 pm »
Was going to ask about the "Xmas" quiz but the thread been locked but its actually dropped in the past day. Its tremendous listening.
Very tense towards the end!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #27748 on: January 12, 2023, 02:40:53 pm »
The points about Wolves fans being weirdos.

As a northerner who's moved to the midlands. It's everyone down here.

All weird fellas and girls.

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27749 on: January 15, 2023, 05:58:53 pm »
Wonder what's the reason these kinds of fan channels ( redmen tv ) haven't done a post match discussion yet ? Usually they do it next day.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #27750 on: January 15, 2023, 06:23:51 pm »
Wonder what's the reason these kinds of fan channels ( redmen tv ) haven't done a post match discussion yet ? Usually they do it next day.

Remember the good old days, a fuckin made up Robbo giving it loads on his introduction! That was when the Post Match Pint was free on YouTube, bit skint these days, so I don't subscribe to TAW.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #27751 on: January 15, 2023, 06:26:13 pm »

TAW have had 3 shows since?

The Post-Match Show/The Pink (Pod)
The Post-Match Pint (Vid)
Sunday Best (Pod)
:D

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27752 on: January 15, 2023, 07:00:56 pm »
Full post match discussion.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #27753 on: January 15, 2023, 07:15:40 pm »
Full post match discussion.
The main show and the review will be out tomorrow as normal.

I'm not sure what your point is. I can't speak for Redmen TV as I've never watched/listened to them

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #27754 on: January 15, 2023, 07:21:59 pm »
Probably because they don’t want to talk about the ownership. I don’t mind redmen tv, even though I don’t think neither of them represent all fans views.

It would be refreshing for them to talk about the elephant in the room.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27755 on: January 15, 2023, 08:55:19 pm »
Remember the good old days, a fuckin made up Robbo giving it loads on his introduction! That was when the Post Match Pint was free on YouTube, bit skint these days, so I don't subscribe to TAW.

In true LFC tradition Robbo hasnt been replaced. Yesterdays PMP was hosted by Mo Stewart, I like Mo, but hes not host material. 
His opening sentence was I didnt see the first half.  :butt
These days the Pink (post match show) is a half cut Gibbo, the host, slurring his way through a shambles of a show.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27756 on: January 15, 2023, 09:02:00 pm »
In true LFC tradition Robbo hasnt been replaced. Yesterdays PMP was hosted by Mo Stewart, I like Mo, but hes not host material. 
These days the Pink (post match show) is a half cut Gibbo, the host, slurring his way through a shambles of a show.

Pretty crap representation of what actually happened on yesterday’s Post Match Pint mate. Mo didn’t watch the first half because his Internet was playing up, which can’t exactly be helped can it?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27757 on: January 15, 2023, 09:10:38 pm »
Pretty crap representation of what actually happened on yesterday’s Post Match Pint mate. Mo didn’t watch the first half because his Internet was playing up, which can’t exactly be helped can it?

Hows it a crap representation? He didnt see the first half, which is what I said.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27758 on: January 15, 2023, 09:19:30 pm »
Hows it a crap representation? He didnt see the first half, which is what I said.

I read your post and thought “What on earth? Why wouldn’t he have watched the first half if he was hosting the post-match show”, so to then actually watch the show and find out that it was because of something out of his control, I would say that was a crap and unfair representation of what actually happened, particularly given you were following on from saying that he’s “not host material”. It gives an impression of something completely different to the reality, that he’s not good at hosting and he didn’t even watch the first half yesterday (bangs head against wall).

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27759 on: January 15, 2023, 09:24:28 pm »

Don't subscribe to video, so haven't seen PMP, but the pink was OK yesterday, helped a lot by Neil appearing on it. It didn't hold back on how truly dreadful the performance was. However, Gibbons should leave it with looking for positives when there really aren't any at all.

I think it's a shame that Johnno isn't involved more, either on Pinks or the ratings a few times recently. As I've said previously, it's not helped TAW that he's disappeared around the same time Robbo left.

Also, where's John Milburn these days? Feels like it's ages since he's been on anything.