Poll

Who wins?

Sheer
14 (50%)
Trend
14 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: June 9, 2021, 01:42:00 pm

Author Topic: 10 Cap Split - Semi Final 1 - Sheer vs Trend  (Read 2845 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Re: 10 Cap Split - Semi Final 1 - Sheer vs Trend
« Reply #40 on: June 9, 2021, 11:14:26 am »
Hey. I don't know much, but I know I love ya  ;)

;)  ;)  ;)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: June 9, 2021, 11:17:36 am »
28 votes and still this close, amazing. Throw them both out.

Nah let Sheer go through, on the condition he must take a coaching course on how to play variants of 3-5-2 without wingbacks - then he’ll know the meaning of something wonderful 😂

This is my Samie moment - unless Tubbs has an alternative to this epic 28 vote clash
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #42 on: June 9, 2021, 11:27:33 am »
I'm not having anyone bow out of a semi final, we'll do pens if there's no winner.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: June 9, 2021, 11:28:31 am »
Never do a Samie.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #44 on: June 9, 2021, 11:32:18 am »
Trend is far above that level of cowardice
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #45 on: June 9, 2021, 11:46:24 am »
Trend is far above that level of cowardice

Is this 4d chess or 2d checkers? Whoever gets through will be destroyed in the final.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: June 9, 2021, 11:51:13 am »
Never do a Samie.

👍🏼😂😂

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Testing the reactions here - you people are enjoying this way too much
« Last Edit: June 9, 2021, 11:56:11 am by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: June 9, 2021, 12:08:01 pm »
Is this 4d chess or 2d checkers? Whoever gets through will be destroyed in the final.

I'm thinking Sheer is a 'dungeons and dragons in his mums basement for three days' sort of guy and Trend is a magic the gathering sort of chap (I just googled most complicated game ever, no idea what that actually is)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: June 9, 2021, 12:38:27 pm »
I'm thinking Sheer is a 'dungeons and dragons in his mums basement for three days' sort of guy and Trend is a magic the gathering sort of chap (I just googled most complicated game ever, no idea what that actually is)

I’m more basketball, baseball and footy guy ex professor who enjoys reading and coaching - nowhere on Fowler’s green earth am I wasting one second on that tarot card shit
« Last Edit: June 9, 2021, 12:43:50 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: June 9, 2021, 02:07:03 pm »
Now...

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #50 on: June 9, 2021, 02:32:53 pm »
Now...

I’ll take ‘em both on in the final.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #51 on: June 9, 2021, 02:34:16 pm »
I’ll take ‘em both on in the final.

Winner goes home with all the wives.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #52 on: June 9, 2021, 02:34:51 pm »
Let's combine the teams and put that in the final
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: June 9, 2021, 02:45:18 pm »
Let's combine the teams and put that in the final

Pele, Keane and Beckenbauer for Drogba, Guti and Mexes and we're good to go with Trends team

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #54 on: June 9, 2021, 02:46:24 pm »
Eugh.  Pens it is.  PMs incoming.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #55 on: June 9, 2021, 07:20:26 pm »
Penalties received, next post will be the reveal.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: June 9, 2021, 07:28:42 pm »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #57 on: June 9, 2021, 07:38:04 pm »
Penalties received, next post will be the reveal.
On monday...

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #58 on: June 9, 2021, 07:43:13 pm »
Cubillas steps up first for Sheer and goes left... but Stein dives to his right to keep it out.

Sheer 0-0 Trend

Dzajic is first up for Trend and fires it right... and Reina goes the wrong way, diving to his left.  One pen, one goal for team Trend.

Sheer 0-1 Trend

Best next for Sheer, calmly dinks it down the middle... as Stein dives to the right.

Sheer 1-1 Trend

Maldini steps up for Trend, confidently passes it into the right of the goal... with Reina again guessing wrong and diving to his right.

Sheer 1-2 Trend

Pele next up, smashes it down the middle, no messing... except Stein stands his ground in the centre of the goal and gets it right in the face.  Nice save, Uli.

Sheer 1-2 Trend

Drogba follows Pele's example and tries the same thing, hammering it down the middle... but Reina has learned his lesson about diving to his right and stays central.  Easy save.

Sheer 1-2 Trend

Pressure on De Bruyne now as he steps up, but he calmly slots it to his left... and Stein dives the wrong way.

Sheer 2-2 Trend

Passarella next, smashes it high towards the top left hand corner... with Reina heading the opposite direction.  I'm sure he used to be better at pens than this.

Sheer 2-3 Trend

Roy Keane has to put this one away or his team are going home.  He takes a long run up, before completely whiffing his shot off the outside of his boot towards the right side of the goal... and Stein is completely bamboozled, sticking to his spot in the middle of the goal.

Sheer 3-3 Trend

This one to win it, and who better than Cruyff?  He nonchalantly ambles up to the ball and rolls it along the ground, straight down the middle... as Reina flings himself to his left.  It's over.

Sheer 3-4 Trend

Congrats, Trend.  Unlucky, Sheer.  Make sure you both bring all your wives to the final for the voting.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #59 on: June 9, 2021, 08:45:06 pm »
Cheers Tubs, congrats Trend. That's four shootout losses out of four, going to just sack it off if it's in this format next time.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: June 9, 2021, 08:51:56 pm »
Use a different pen shootout in the future.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 9, 2021, 10:25:08 pm »
Cheers Sheers - you are a formidable opponent with great musical taste and an interesting sister wives collection. 

Epic battle but I wonder how I’m gonna keep a giant big Nick out of my teams backside.  He’s gone all Spartan Brad Pitt with a nasty case of priapism - might just have to go for his teams balls.

Upcoming Nick the Dick Battle

« Last Edit: June 9, 2021, 10:53:59 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2021, 08:19:56 am »
Well done Trend

Good teams, but the right person won  :wave