Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3278369 times)

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Re: United - το πράσινο και το gOle πρότυπο
« Reply #19480 on: September 17, 2021, 12:03:18 pm »
There is going to be a weird cult for him but he will be a good influence on the team. They have been too unprofessional for too long. Look at what they were all eating when that menu order got sent round last year.
It's so blindingly obvious that they are us circa 1993. While we've got Mona organising everyone's meal plans meticulously, they're all having puddings on Friday nights. While we've got Thomas teaching the players throw in strategies, they've got got Mike Phelan helping Ole with the cones. They're 5 or 6 years behind us really, at a minimum.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #19481 on: September 17, 2021, 12:07:26 pm »
AHA!

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19482 on: September 17, 2021, 12:23:50 pm »
A bowl of crumble in each hand for Luke. Perfectly balanced.

;D Needs all the support he can get,the backpain must be killing him.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19483 on: September 17, 2021, 12:25:13 pm »
:lmao

Knew that was on the way.

My wife hates him because I’ve honestly not said ‘custard’ in a normal way since about 2007.

Honestly, royhendo has a lot to answer for.

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #19484 on: September 17, 2021, 12:51:26 pm »
Ole's detailed response about his tactics:

"Ronnie used to work on the San Siro docks, La Liga's been on strike
He's down on his luck, it's tough, so tough
Bruno works the diving all day, working for her man
She brings home the 3 points, for love, for love

But I'll tell you what, we've got to hold on to what we got
It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not :lmao
We've got each other and that's a lot of pashun
Well give it a shot!

Woah, we're half way there
Wo-oah, living on a prayer
Take my hand Ronnie, we'll make it I swear
Wo-oah living on a prayer

And I believe that. I really do Clive."
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #19485 on: September 17, 2021, 12:59:00 pm »
Who's facing the backlash from that debacle this weekend?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19486 on: September 17, 2021, 12:59:13 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/sep/17/manchester-united-reveal-92m-net-loss-from-one-of-most-challenging-years-wage-bill-debt-2020-21

Wage bill up 13.6% to £322.6m before they added Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo so probably up towards £380m now I'd guess

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #19487 on: September 17, 2021, 01:15:45 pm »
What I love about this thread is seeing how many hate United and Milltown more than me.

I think VBG just about shades it at the moment but a few others are breathing down his neck and I'm not a long way behind either.

;D

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19489 on: September 17, 2021, 02:28:36 pm »
It's so blindingly obvious that they are us circa 1993. While we've got Mona organising everyone's meal plans meticulously, they're all having puddings on Friday nights. While we've got Thomas teaching the players throw in strategies, they've got got Mike Phelan helping Ole with the cones. They're 5 or 6 years behind us really, at a minimum.

When you have their level of money,  if you appoint the right staff,  it's easy to succeed much sooner than 5 years imo.  Say in an alternate timeline they signed Klopp tomorrow,  signed who he wanted,  they'll be competing for the top prizes after two or three windows (including the year to bed in the coach's methods). Sooner,  depending on the starting level of the squad.

Chelsea already had a decent,  if unbalanced squad,  Tuchel won them the champions league straightaway etc.  We've seen it at Chelsea before with Conte as well.

You need Ole to always show some promise each season,  but not get there. A bit like Roy Evans.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #19490 on: September 17, 2021, 02:48:09 pm »
When you have their level of money,  if you appoint the right staff,  it's easy to succeed much sooner than 5 years imo.  Say in an alternate timeline they signed Klopp tomorrow,  signed who he wanted,  they'll be competing for the top prizes after two or three windows (including the year to bed in the coach's methods). Sooner,  depending on the starting level of the squad.

Chelsea already had a decent,  if unbalanced squad,  Tuchel won them the champions league straightaway etc.  We've seen it at Chelsea before with Conte as well.

You need Ole to always show some promise each season,  but not get there. A bit like Roy Evans.
It's not just Ole though, much like Liverpool isn't just Klopp. Their scouting is crap.

They have also  painted themselves in a corner with so many overpaid players. All new players can demand incredible wages, and the existing ones are unsellable. It would take a few years.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #19491 on: September 17, 2021, 03:11:38 pm »
;D Your work needs to go in a football museum
haha  ;D

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
Re: United - The Green and GOle Standard!
« Reply #19492 on: September 17, 2021, 03:40:14 pm »
BEANZ" border="0

rumors of contract extension

still young and of unlimited potential

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19493 on: September 17, 2021, 05:05:41 pm »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19494 on: September 17, 2021, 05:17:25 pm »
I bet both Ferguson and Solskjaer both breathe oxygen as well.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19495 on: September 17, 2021, 05:24:56 pm »
It's not just Ole though, much like Liverpool isn't just Klopp. Their scouting is crap.

They have also  painted themselves in a corner with so many overpaid players. All new players can demand incredible wages, and the existing ones are unsellable. It would take a few years.

Liverpool is mainly Klopp,  the same way it was mainly Rafa when we were successful,  Shankly,  Paisley,  Dalglish previously. In my experience,  organisations always talk up the details that crop up around success, you get the sense of there being more; in reality,  the top class manager / leader will take away the engine of everything that was good with him / her.

If you pick quality in the next one,  sure,  otherwise back down the ladder you go.

As for your second point,  the answer is money. Many clubs cannot keep highly paid players they don't need while simultaneously funding the next cycle for the new manager.  Utd may be one of the few who can.  The new players can demand what they like,  this is where the analysis,   decision making,  negotiation skills,  squad planning of top class staff will make the difference.

Only if they lose their financial strength,  for whatever reason, can you envision a harder road back for Utd.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #19496 on: September 17, 2021, 05:26:12 pm »
A bowl of crumble in each hand for Luke. Perfectly balanced.

Ha ha.   ;D

Just seen the article. Shaw will be doing his fucking nut. No jam roly poly till the end of May!!

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #19497 on: September 17, 2021, 05:38:18 pm »
From Reddit - the most popular comment when someone trys to discuss his shortcomings - they are ready to fall on the sword for him! Amazing - long may it continue!

We are the only club in the world, sitting at the top in the PL but lost first CL game away from home with 10 men for an hour and a big mistake from Lingard in the last kick of the game where the manager, Ole,not being criticized, but his job being questioned.

I have been watching United since 1996, I have never see a manager so ridiciously unfairly treated even in rival clubs.

We are now even worse than the Wenger Out campaign by Arsenal fans.

The manager who rescued United from the downward spiral and made us love the team & football again since Fergie retired.

The manager who rescued United from being a joke club to a proper run club from the first team, academy, recruitment to the footballing structure.

The manager who assembled the most exciting team since Fergie retired with just less than 1 month into the new season.

Ole’s job being questioned year in year out despite finishing 3rd and 2nd in his first and second full season, is the the most shameful thing I have ever seen being a United fan for 25 years. No doubt about it.

I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19498 on: September 17, 2021, 06:38:33 pm »
From Reddit - the most popular comment when someone trys to discuss his shortcomings - they are ready to fall on the sword for him! Amazing - long may it continue!

We are the only club in the world, sitting at the top in the PL but lost first CL game away from home with 10 men for an hour and a big mistake from Lingard in the last kick of the game where the manager, Ole,not being criticized, but his job being questioned.

I have been watching United since 1996, I have never see a manager so ridiciously unfairly treated even in rival clubs.

The manager who rescued United from the downward spiral and made us love the team & football again since Fergie retired.

The manager who rescued United from being a joke club to a proper run club from the first team, academy, recruitment to the footballing structure.

The manager who assembled the most exciting team since Fergie retired with just less than 1 month into the new season.

Ole’s job being questioned year in year out despite finishing 3rd and 2nd in his first and second full season, is the the most shameful thing I have ever seen being a United fan for 25 years. No doubt about it.

Was that one rawkette that posted that? Or a collective effort?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #19499 on: September 17, 2021, 07:26:27 pm »
Why are they eating like they are in a school canteen?

I was under the impression a player would have his nutrition carefully balanced for him.
The arse on Lukaku when he left there compared to the new version??
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #19500 on: September 17, 2021, 07:50:41 pm »
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #19501 on: September 17, 2021, 08:13:02 pm »

"Where's the hard shoulder?"
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19502 on: September 17, 2021, 09:37:32 pm »
Both take shits too.

Speaking of shits, where's all the lads shitting the tweeds in the game thread from last weekend when Ronaldo scored 2 shit goals and we were to take them seriously cause they were unbeaten away from home all of the covid season? That didn't last long once fans were back in.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 09:39:27 pm by Macphisto80 »

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #19503 on: September 17, 2021, 09:42:20 pm »
Ha ha. Good to see the arl crack cocaine still in plentiful supply in Canuck country!!

:lmao :lmao

He really moved mansions because the sheep were waking him up too early  ;D

Not that the crack cocaine is in short supply here in da north. Walked my dog the other day followed a random footpath in the woods and was almost immediately very graphically propositioned by 2 flamboyantly gay prostitutes who were drinking beer and smoking crack with their very fat middle aged clients, just sitting around a tree in a clearing in the middle of the woods pretty much naked. Very unexpected turn of events, i will have you know.

I have to admit it, 15 mins later after i had retreated at high speed and calmed my nerves a little, i suddenly thought that i should have used the rent boys chant on the way out, entirely legitimately  .  ;D  I guess that probably makes me a bad person. But Ronaldo's sheep problem, that aint me man. Thats a serious morning noise pollution matter. 

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19504 on: September 17, 2021, 09:44:28 pm »
Imagine caring about first in the league after 4 games.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #19505 on: September 17, 2021, 09:53:24 pm »
Another one for the Rawk Meltdown thread  Another deluded scouser talking about the Anfield atmosphere ;D  https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/09/16/i-have-never-heard-peter-schmeichel-stunned-by-liverpool-fans-against-ac-milan/

This needs an infiltrator to post over there.

A young chap called Andy@Allerton would be ideal.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #19506 on: September 17, 2021, 10:00:09 pm »
David Moyes to get a win v his old club.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19507 on: September 17, 2021, 10:02:48 pm »
Imagine caring about first in the league after 4 games.

Everton That.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19508 on: September 17, 2021, 10:34:57 pm »

The Spice Rice Pudding Boys?
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #19509 on: September 17, 2021, 11:51:37 pm »
Wonder where it'll stop.

"Ronnie only pees twice a day, lads. We have to hold it in"

I can only imagine where the limits are!
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19510 on: September 17, 2021, 11:54:44 pm »
Liverpool is mainly Klopp,  the same way it was mainly Rafa when we were successful,  Shankly,  Paisley,  Dalglish previously. In my experience,  organisations always talk up the details that crop up around success, you get the sense of there being more; in reality,  the top class manager / leader will take away the engine of everything that was good with him / her.

If you pick quality in the next one,  sure,  otherwise back down the ladder you go.

As for your second point,  the answer is money. Many clubs cannot keep highly paid players they don't need while simultaneously funding the next cycle for the new manager.  Utd may be one of the few who can.  The new players can demand what they like,  this is where the analysis,   decision making,  negotiation skills,  squad planning of top class staff will make the difference.

Only if they lose their financial strength,  for whatever reason, can you envision a harder road back for Utd.

Nah, its the collective that makes us what we are. Shanks had Bob, Joe and Ronnie, Bob had Joe and Ronnie and Roy, Kenny had Ronnie and Roy, Rafa had Pako, Klopp had Buvak and now Pep, plus all the others such as the medical staff. While the manager is a big part, I think even Klopp would agree that without the backroom staff, he couldn't do his job as well as he does. When Shanks quit, it was likely the solid backroom staff that allowed Bob to seamlessly move on and then Joe and Kenny found it the same.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #19511 on: September 17, 2021, 11:57:26 pm »
He really moved mansions because the sheep were waking him up too early  ;D

Not that the crack cocaine is in short supply here in da north. Walked my dog the other day followed a random footpath in the woods and was almost immediately very graphically propositioned by 2 flamboyantly gay prostitutes who were drinking beer and smoking crack with their very fat middle aged clients, just sitting around a tree in a clearing in the middle of the woods pretty much naked. Very unexpected turn of events, i will have you know.

I have to admit it, 15 mins later after i had retreated at high speed and calmed my nerves a little, i suddenly thought that i should have used the rent boys chant on the way out, entirely legitimately  .  ;D  I guess that probably makes me a bad person. But Ronaldo's sheep problem, that aint me man. Thats a serious morning noise pollution matter.

Yeh, sorry about that

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #19512 on: September 18, 2021, 04:32:51 am »
David Moyes to get a win v his old club.
If Antonio was playing I’d be pretty confident of that.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19513 on: September 18, 2021, 08:50:26 am »
Nah, its the collective that makes us what we are. Shanks had Bob, Joe and Ronnie, Bob had Joe and Ronnie and Roy, Kenny had Ronnie and Roy, Rafa had Pako, Klopp had Buvak and now Pep, plus all the others such as the medical staff. While the manager is a big part, I think even Klopp would agree that without the backroom staff, he couldn't do his job as well as he does. When Shanks quit, it was likely the solid backroom staff that allowed Bob to seamlessly move on and then Joe and Kenny found it the same.

In terms of the daily work,  of course it's about the quality of the collective,  all the departments,  to give you what you don't have / know.

The quality of the manager (aside from his technical level) is in assembling the structure: picking his staff,  keeping up with the field,  even innovating,  cutting loose staff when it's time,  creating the right environment. These qualities are not democratic,  nor transferable,  they vary by the individual.  This is what you lose when you lose a top manager. You lose that structure,  that cycle will decay and end. 

For example, from your list,  Rafa and Klopp replaced Pako and Buvac and went on to title challenges,  trophies.  Those guys have done nothing since. 

The following is caveated by the fact that I didn't live through the detail (started following us late Souness onwards) ,  it's off reports,  sure I've done the research but it's still going to be second rate:The talk of the boot room,  while nice,  is still secondary to the decision making qualities that Shankly,  Paisley and perhaps Kenny brought to the table,  at their peaks.  Guys like Souness,  Evans,  who were part of the same group,  simply weren't good enough as managers,  having had the same exposure.  The environment is useful,  to an extent,  but it's always secondary to the decision making qualities and action that shape a reality.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 08:54:48 am by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #19514 on: September 18, 2021, 11:20:23 am »
Clubs are far bigger now than in the 80s. In particular, scouting involves lots of people. This means that it takes more time to change things around. Spunking millions on Ronaldo doesn't require many scout, but identifying Jota or ignoring Pepe does

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #19515 on: September 18, 2021, 11:53:58 am »

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19516 on: September 18, 2021, 12:34:31 pm »

:thumbup

Thats the spirit, fight the fight, circle the wagons and protect Ole at all costs, he's the one for United, don't let the Twitter trolls get their own way and drive the best manager Utd have had since Fergie out of the door.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19517 on: September 18, 2021, 12:45:27 pm »
I think many utd fans are blinkered about osg abilities. Did Ferguson get them to a European cup final I his first years in charge? Clearly no. OGS needs to be tied to a contract for a decade or more.

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline dimitri

• Kopite
« Reply #19519 on: September 18, 2021, 01:59:27 pm »
just seen im on the 15% ban list for sexism on this forum - what a fucking joke -  :wanker