Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1888379 times)

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #10560 on: June 17, 2021, 09:14:05 pm »
Inspiration isn't Naby's problem, it's the series of injuries that he isn't to blame for and can't do anything to stop. However frustrated people are with him, I'd bet it pales in comparison to how frustrated he is at every little setback.
Exactly. For all of us (fans at least, I don't think Klopp and the players view it the same way) he is disposable. For him, this is his career, was supposed to be his big break. Been hell for him. Must be incredibly mentally taxing for an injury prone player.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10561 on: June 18, 2021, 12:30:07 am »
Inspiration isn't Naby's problem, it's the series of injuries that he isn't to blame for and can't do anything to stop. However frustrated people are with him, I'd bet it pales in comparison to how frustrated he is at every little setback.

Hope ... inspiration ... call it what you like. Either way, Matip has shown that a career with us dogged by injuries can be turned around.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #10562 on: June 18, 2021, 05:37:31 am »
It's hardly as if Matip was an ever present last season. Or any season for us really.
Emily Hobhouse. Britain's finest.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #10563 on: June 18, 2021, 09:02:48 am »
Problem with next season is if he starts well he'll lose his momentum or get injured again going off to the AFCON. Guinea don't look after him at all.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #10564 on: June 18, 2021, 09:58:09 am »
It's hardly as if Matip was an ever present last season. Or any season for us really.

Yes, he's a problem player too. But there is a difference between Matip and Keita. We can all remember games where Matip was outstanding and his contribution crucial. We can all recall a couple of seasons at least where it's possible to think "Joel was a key figure that year." We're still waiting for a Keita special. He looked great last season after the fifth one went in against Palace. I think the game wound down with Naby showing us a few of his tricks. But other than that nothing much sticks in the mind.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10565 on: June 18, 2021, 11:22:32 am »
Yes, he's a problem player too. But there is a difference between Matip and Keita. We can all remember games where Matip was outstanding and his contribution crucial. We can all recall a couple of seasons at least where it's possible to think "Joel was a key figure that year." We're still waiting for a Keita special. He looked great last season after the fifth one went in against Palace. I think the game wound down with Naby showing us a few of his tricks. But other than that nothing much sticks in the mind.

Number 6 was built on the back of Matip being absolutely brilliant. He was the key player during that tournament for me.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #10566 on: June 18, 2021, 11:24:27 am »
Matip was also free. Softens the blow a bit.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10567 on: June 18, 2021, 10:07:11 pm »

If Keita has a season like the one Matip had the year we won number 6, I don’t think anyone with half a brain cell would want Keita gone. And Naby can do it with a bit of luck.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #10568 on: June 19, 2021, 04:15:12 pm »
I don't have such high hopes. I'm trying to manage my expectations, and would consider 1500 minutes in the league next season to be a success.
Emily Hobhouse. Britain's finest.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #10569 on: July 10, 2021, 09:01:48 am »
Is Naby working on his bum?

https://youtu.be/k0ND-LzQ_Ww

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10570 on: July 10, 2021, 11:23:19 am »
Is Naby working on his bum?

https://youtu.be/k0ND-LzQ_Ww
He's a different kind of footballing bum.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10571 on: July 30, 2021, 01:45:54 am »
Man, if he stays fit - *if* - we're in good stead. Thought he was excellent there tonight.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #10572 on: July 30, 2021, 04:41:39 am »
Man, if he stays fit - *if* - we're in good stead. Thought he was excellent there tonight.

Bestest of the bestest midfield layer is naby lad. Keep taking the tablets naby lad. Numero uno pour va voir.I love Naby more than gob shitus anus
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #10573 on: July 30, 2021, 04:44:50 am »
Go ed naby lad. You fucking beauty. Poetry in motion. Fuck the douibters. You'll do for me. Please stay fit we win the laegue and the euro
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10574 on: July 30, 2021, 10:13:42 am »
Problem with next season is if he starts well he'll lose his momentum or get injured again going off to the AFCON. Guinea don't look after him at all.

This is something I cannot understand about the player and club. surely naby realises that he has to always put the club first. Unfortunately they are like gods back home and put their countries ahead of team on a lot of occassions.

For me this was such a good arrangement to see Mo not playing in the Olympics for Egypt. ALthough all our 3 african players  will miss a few games due to Afcon.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10575 on: July 30, 2021, 10:27:15 am »
He's a brilliant player. Hopefully the coach we brought in from Germany to manage recovery has worked some magic over the past few months because a fit and available Naby Keita would be a difference maker for us. You don't want to get your hopes up too high, but you can see why Klopp and the club would be reluctant to give up on him.

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #10576 on: July 30, 2021, 10:50:09 am »
Such a classy player and no surprise he's been the standout player for us so far this pre-season. He's defo been hitting the gym and gained extra muscle - hopefully this will help him become stronger and less injury prone.. I'd say this season is make or break for Naby lad. Just stay fit PLEASE.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #10577 on: July 30, 2021, 10:51:12 am »
'make or break'
'just needs a run of games'
'looks good in preseason'

rinse and repeat

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #10578 on: July 30, 2021, 10:53:47 am »
Such a classy player and no surprise he's been the standout player for us so far this pre-season. He's defo been hitting the gym and gained extra muscle - hopefully this will help him become stronger and less injury prone.. I'd say this season is make or break for Naby lad. Just stay fit PLEASE.

Good first post! Stay fit and keep posting with the same quality and you'll do just fine. Seriously though, it would great to have the Naby Keita from RBL show up for Liverpool. He was a £50 million midfielder, dynamic and powerful, someone who can carry the ball forward with real quality. We need his ability and fitness. Last Chance Saloon could be a good platform for him. Fingers crossed.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10579 on: July 30, 2021, 11:43:21 am »
'make or break'

rinse and repeat

Well, last year we barely had a pre-season and the year before he was fucked after Guinea's antics making him go to the AFCON while injured and then making it worse, which pretty much fucked his 19/20 season.

He's only really had the one pre-season (the year we signed him). That's been part of the problem.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #10580 on: July 30, 2021, 12:21:09 pm »
Well, last year we barely had a pre-season and the year before he was fucked after Guinea's antics making him go to the AFCON while injured and then making it worse, which pretty much fucked his 19/20 season.

He's only really had the one pre-season (the year we signed him). That's been part of the problem.

I was about to post the same.

A full pre-season will do Naby & Ox the world of good. Maybe they'll still break down at some point (I think some in this thread are looking forward to it) but having this base of fitness will stand them in good stead and make them much less likely to pick up muscle strains.

They're both looking fit and sharp right now.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10581 on: July 30, 2021, 12:36:19 pm »
I was about to post the same.

A full pre-season will do Naby & Ox the world of good. Maybe they'll still break down at some point (I think some in this thread are looking forward to it) but having this base of fitness will stand them in good stead and make them much less likely to pick up muscle strains.

They're both looking fit and sharp right now.

If they get injured, they get injured (players with a history of injures are more likely to get them) but they're looking sharper than they have for a couple of years which while fit makes them a valuable commodity. Neither were really at the races last season.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #10582 on: July 30, 2021, 04:11:42 pm »
Imagine being fooled by pre-season Keita for the third year in a row.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #10583 on: July 30, 2021, 05:00:36 pm »
'make or break'

rinse and repeat

Keita didn't have a good pre-season last year.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10584 on: July 30, 2021, 05:00:59 pm »

You beat me to it.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10585 on: July 30, 2021, 05:15:50 pm »
Bestest of the bestest midfield layer is naby lad. Keep taking the tablets naby lad. Numero uno pour va voir.I love Naby more than gob shitus anus

Uh, sure mate.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10586 on: July 30, 2021, 05:34:44 pm »
Indeed, his problems largely stem from that botched call-up by FA of Guinea.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10587 on: July 30, 2021, 05:51:47 pm »
I made the mistake of going on the comments section of the Echo's odd "Naby runs out of time ..." headline. The vitriol on there is something else and at odds with the lad's pre-season performances. Reading such venom makes me hope that most of them just enjoy Sky and don't go to the match. I think I will just swerve  the Echo altogether as it seems to spend its time these days recycling stories from clickbait websites, or publishing endless dross about FSG being crap. Pity as it used to be pretty decent local paper with top class journalists.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10588 on: July 30, 2021, 08:24:12 pm »
I made the mistake of going on the comments section of the Echo's odd "Naby runs out of time ..." headline. The vitriol on there is something else and at odds with the lad's pre-season performances. Reading such venom makes me hope that most of them just enjoy Sky and don't go to the match. I think I will just swerve  the Echo altogether as it seems to spend its time these days recycling stories from clickbait websites, or publishing endless dross about FSG being crap. Pity as it used to be pretty decent local paper with top class journalists.

I've long since stopped reading the comments section for any player.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 08:34:35 pm by spider-neil »

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10589 on: July 30, 2021, 08:29:37 pm »
He’s really absurd when healthy.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10590 on: August 3, 2021, 03:54:29 pm »
This was interesting from The Tactical Times - showing the extent of time he was available for selection in between the injuries.

"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #10591 on: August 3, 2021, 04:49:00 pm »
If only he had the robustness of a Gini or Millie.

However, as many have said and also feel, this is make-or-break for Naby this coming season and probably more more than anyone in the squad.

Hope upon hope that he comes through this and finally breaks through - what heartens me however is that he seems a) pretty stable physically in training and b) there seems to be huge support for him there as well. Personally, I reckon that a player of his calibre is impossible to find nowadays so he's well sorth persevering with imho. (On a side note, I hope that this preseason will also pay dividends for Taki as well, but like I said, sidenote and one to debate elsewhere.)

Dunno about yous all, but I find myself checking the preseason thread and the board in general about the wellness of the squad more than at any other time since being on here. Although to some we've not made any Earth-shattering signings (yet...  ;)) seeing them all together for the first time since some signed for the club makes it look like a bunch of new signings.

Quite exciting isn't it?!

The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10592 on: August 3, 2021, 08:14:38 pm »
This was interesting from The Tactical Times - showing the extent of time he was available for selection in between the injuries.

Great to see it in visual format, but only highlights what we already are aware of - his biggest challenge is being available for selection. He can't possibly begin to build a run in the team and bring consistent performances if he is not available to play.

There's a real quality player in there, so i really hope he finds some consistency with his fitness. I do believe this really is an integral season for him in terms of the future of his Liverpool career.

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10593 on: August 3, 2021, 08:38:54 pm »

Makes for grim reading. Have pretty much started viewing him like I viewed Sturridge in his last season or two here. A nice luxury to have when fit and at least able to make the bench, but since that rarely happens, he's mainly out of sight out of mind. Way down the pecking order in midfield options for me until he can prove he can stay fit.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10594 on: August 3, 2021, 08:45:35 pm »
Makes for grim reading. Have pretty much started viewing him like I viewed Sturridge in his last season or two here. A nice luxury to have when fit and at least able to make the bench, but since that rarely happens, he's mainly out of sight out of mind. Way down the pecking order in midfield options for me until he can prove he can stay fit.

It's not a bad comparison - the challenge is momentum and building match sharpness which in return establishes confidence. When you are injured, then in the process of finding fitness and rhythm find yourself in and out of the team, only to have another injury it's impossible to reach optimum performance levels.

We as fans I'm sure share a mutual frustration, primarily because we know he has a real talent to offer this group - but i suspect he's a thousand times more frustrated than we are with how the last several years have panned out.

I have said before in here, and will re-iterate - I do question whether physically he is robust enough for this league. I'd imagine his body would handle life in other leagues (la liga / serie A) much better. Which is a shame, as he's obviously a talented boy. I hope I get proven very wrong this year.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10595 on: August 3, 2021, 08:58:52 pm »
So that says he’s been available for selection for roughly two thirds of the games we’ve played. So is it as bad as you all expected? ;D

Virgil isn’t far off that number at this stage by the way. ;)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10596 on: August 3, 2021, 09:02:36 pm »
So that says he’s been available for selection for roughly two thirds of the games we’ve played. So is it as bad as you all expected? ;D

Virgil isn’t far off that number at this stage by the way. ;)

Now that's being a bit naughty Roy  ;D

He's been imperiously available until he was assaulted last year.

Was it as bad as I expected? Actually no - but what it did highlight to me, was the pattern of unavailability and it's significantly increased as his time with us has developed......you might derive from that, he physically is not compatible with the demands of our training, league and fixture program.

Out of interest, how do we rate our medical department? I've no knowledge in this area.....
« Last Edit: August 3, 2021, 09:05:35 pm by A-Bomb »

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10597 on: August 3, 2021, 09:24:09 pm »
Re Keita, it includes a Rakitic assault, COVID, even angina.

The medical department until last season had phenomenal results on non-impact injuries. Last season was just mental because the impact injuries were so frequent we had no choice but to mismanage the load players bore.

Keita however is available more than he gets credit for. He’s not selected as often as the preferred midfield options. It’s part fitness to play, part manager preference.

Online A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10598 on: August 3, 2021, 09:28:15 pm »

Keita however is available more than he gets credit for. He’s not selected as often as the preferred midfield options. It’s part fitness to play, part manager preference.

Do you believe that is in part due to where he is ordinarily selected (the left of our 3 midfielders) and the fact Gini was so consistent both performance and availability.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10599 on: August 3, 2021, 09:28:32 pm »
Re Keita, it includes a Rakitic assault, COVID, even angina.

The medical department until last season had phenomenal results on non-impact injuries. Last season was just mental because the impact injuries were so frequent we had no choice but to mismanage the load players bore.

Klopp is huge in selecting players who are in ''rhythm'' and being injured like that prevents some players from being so.