Author Topic: Loan Watch 2019/20  (Read 232783 times)

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Re: Loan Watch 2019/20
« Reply #1160 on: May 4, 2021, 04:53:08 pm »
As is Harvey Elliott, who before Wilson scored his open goal and two free kicks had two more goals than him this season too.

So Harry Wilson has scored more than Harvey Eliot this season?

Wow, I'm surprised. Took me eye off the ball there. I've been following the hype too I guess.

I agree with you though. That hat-trick was basically three tap-ins.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1161 on: May 4, 2021, 05:02:53 pm »
So Harry Wilson has scored more than Harvey Eliot this season?

Wow, I'm surprised. Took me eye off the ball there. I've been following the hype too I guess.

I agree with you though. That hat-trick was basically three tap-ins.

Their stats are incredibly similar.

https://www.transfermarkt.com.mt/harvey-elliott/profil/spieler/565822

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/harry-wilson/profil/spieler/279455
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1162 on: May 4, 2021, 05:04:54 pm »
Hopefully Wilson can be sold for a tidy sum in the summer. We need as much cash as possible to strengthen in key positions.

Not if he goes to Rangers & to be honest I don't trust FSG to free up any money that we bring in.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #1163 on: May 4, 2021, 06:44:57 pm »
Hopefully Wilson can be sold for a tidy sum in the summer. We need as much cash as possible to strengthen in key positions.

Harry Wilson is a good player. He’d be asset for any Championship club and probably be a decent starter/squad player for the bottom 6-8 in the PL.

Personally I don’t think he’s top 6-8 material for a PL team despite having some standout ability on the ball (e.g free kick taking).

Given the teams I’d expect to be after him and the likely depressed market I think a fee in the region of 6-8M is realistic. Can’t see it being over 10M personally.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: May 4, 2021, 06:49:59 pm »
Not if he goes to Rangers & to be honest I don't trust FSG to free up any money that we bring in.

I think they will release the money we bring in this summer. I still think they will be looking to sell the club, but they will probably want to sell from a position of power, with the team doing well ...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1165 on: May 4, 2021, 06:50:39 pm »

The club will spend what it makes, it always has.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1166 on: May 4, 2021, 06:50:45 pm »
I think they will release the money we bring in this summer. I still think they will be looking to sell the club, but they will probably want to sell from a position of power, with the team doing well ...

Would the Kazakhstani’s be interested in buying the club if Wilson was sold though?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1167 on: May 4, 2021, 09:14:55 pm »
Would the Kazakhstani’s be interested in buying the club if Wilson was sold though?

It must be very painful for you seeing Wilson doing well, after slating him for years ...

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1168 on: May 4, 2021, 09:19:41 pm »
It must be very painful for you seeing Wilson doing well, after slating him for years ...

It will be painful because once again is getting shown up.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1169 on: May 4, 2021, 11:03:24 pm »

:D

Probably more smug than anything Peter, since most of that ‘slating’ has been talking about his level being in the Championship (or laughing at Fordy saying he’ll be in the squad next season and invariably going out on loan again).
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1170 on: May 8, 2021, 11:11:46 am »
Jurgen Klopp on Minamino:

"He’s done really well at Southampton and this is no surprise. When we allowed him to go in January it was a tough call to make because he is an important player for us and will be again in the future. But it made sense for him and us."

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1171 on: May 8, 2021, 11:24:43 am »
Jurgen Klopp on Minamino:

"He’s done really well at Southampton and this is no surprise. When we allowed him to go in January it was a tough call to make because he is an important player for us and will be again in the future. But it made sense for him and us."
I still see him being sold.

He hasnt really done all that well either.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1172 on: May 8, 2021, 11:28:59 am »
I still see him being sold.

He hasnt really done all that well either.

I can also see him being sold, but only if we are bringing Almiron in. That would make sense ...

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1173 on: May 8, 2021, 12:20:41 pm »
He's barely played, don't see how it's been a success. Not just in hindsight but think it would have been better just keeping him. Might not have changed anything but we were never going to be better by getting rid of one attacking player and not bringing another in, not that that was the area we did need to buy in in January.

Hopefully a few offers are tabled in the summer, even if we don't plan to sell. I think for all parties it's probably best he's moved on. Need a good offer though. You only have to look at some of the eye watering prices that prem teams are paying for squad players nowadays. Minamino can be a success in this league but he needs the regular football.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2021, 12:23:31 pm by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1174 on: May 8, 2021, 12:26:21 pm »
We're playing Southampton so I'm assuming that's why the question was asked. You weren't expecting Klopp to say he's been as shit there as he has been for us were you?!

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1176 on: May 8, 2021, 02:55:13 pm »
Think if Origi and Shaq leave as expected and we bring in
one new forward Elliott will get a decent number of appearances as 6th choice forward next season if we are in Europe, especially before xmas.

I think its been a really good loan for him to get a lot of minutes at a good level

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1177 on: May 8, 2021, 02:57:36 pm »
We're playing Southampton so I'm assuming that's why the question was asked. You weren't expecting Klopp to say he's been as shit there as he has been for us were you?!

No, of course not, I should have noted that. That said I think everyone in the position to look at it as such, IE the fans, can say as so. Shame as it started well for him with a couple of nice goals.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1178 on: May 8, 2021, 03:00:05 pm »
A nod also to Sepp VDB who by the sound of many Preston fans has done very well for them. 16 games, playing 90 minutes in all but two, and part of a defence that has ended the season really well, never really conceding more than the odd goal. Probably on his way back to Preston, but like I said with Harvey Elliott, I think it would be worth keeping him round for the Europa League games and then maybe assessing if he needs another loan in January.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1179 on: May 11, 2021, 10:43:29 pm »
A nod also to Sepp VDB who by the sound of many Preston fans has done very well for them. 16 games, playing 90 minutes in all but two, and part of a defence that has ended the season really well, never really conceding more than the odd goal. Probably on his way back to Preston, but like I said with Harvey Elliott, I think it would be worth keeping him round for the Europa League games and then maybe assessing if he needs another loan in January.

I actually watched a couple of Preston games to see how Van den Berg is doing, and I was surprised how well he did for them at right fullback. Looking at his stats, it seems that he has played for them mostly as a right fullback. That could be interesting ...

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #1180 on: May 18, 2021, 10:26:28 am »
Taiwo Awoniyi has finally been granted a UK Work Permit.

This week Awoniyi and his family were finally granted UK work permits, following a lengthy application process.

That will enable the 23-year-old to continue his career in England, should the opportunity arise. Liverpool plan to involve him in the first part of their pre-season schedule, enabling him to finally train with Jurgen Klopp’s senior group and perhaps feature in some friendly fixtures while a host of first-team players are away on international duty at the European Championship and Copa America.

After that, a transfer or loan move looks most likely. Goal has learned that the Reds have already held initial discussions with three English clubs - Fulham, West Brom and Stoke - while Stuttgart, Wolfsburg and Union Berlin have all enquired from Germany.

Liverpool have previously rejected a £5 million ($7m) approach from Belgian giants Anderlecht, who remain interested, and it is understood that the Reds’ valuation for Awoniyi stands at around £8m ($11m), given his encouraging performances in the Bundesliga this season.

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1394573000893157378

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1181 on: May 18, 2021, 10:28:43 am »
Will be very interesting to see how he gets on in England. He was very highly rated at some point.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #1182 on: May 18, 2021, 10:32:49 am »
Will be very interesting to see how he gets on in England. He was very highly rated at some point.

Yeah, big chance for him to impress, especially if Origi moves on.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1183 on: May 18, 2021, 12:26:40 pm »
I actually watched a couple of Preston games to see how Van den Berg is doing, and I was surprised how well he did for them at right fullback. Looking at his stats, it seems that he has played for them mostly as a right fullback. That could be interesting ...
Wasn't he even playing as a right wing back in the last few games?

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1184 on: May 18, 2021, 03:27:58 pm »
Taiwo Awoniyi has finally been granted a UK Work Permit.

This week Awoniyi and his family were finally granted UK work permits, following a lengthy application process.

That will enable the 23-year-old to continue his career in England, should the opportunity arise. Liverpool plan to involve him in the first part of their pre-season schedule, enabling him to finally train with Jurgen Klopp’s senior group and perhaps feature in some friendly fixtures while a host of first-team players are away on international duty at the European Championship and Copa America.

After that, a transfer or loan move looks most likely. Goal has learned that the Reds have already held initial discussions with three English clubs - Fulham, West Brom and Stoke - while Stuttgart, Wolfsburg and Union Berlin have all enquired from Germany.

Liverpool have previously rejected a £5 million ($7m) approach from Belgian giants Anderlecht, who remain interested, and it is understood that the Reds’ valuation for Awoniyi stands at around £8m ($11m), given his encouraging performances in the Bundesliga this season.

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1394573000893157378

Shocked to see him get a work permit but to be fair I dont know loadssss about the process, just that our players never seem to get them granted *cough* Allan *cough*

Be good to see a bit of him in pre season, from what i've read he's impressed in Germany

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1185 on: May 18, 2021, 03:53:16 pm »
It seems about right that the clubs linked with Taiwo Awoniyi are Championship clubs. He struggled at Mainz, but did ok for FC Union, but then got injured (he is back fit now though). If Liverpool are holding out for over 5 mill, he won’t be going back there, the most they’ve ever spent on a player is €2m.   

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1186 on: May 18, 2021, 07:04:16 pm »
Wasn't he even playing as a right wing back in the last few games?

More like a classic right fullback in the games I watched. I was pleasantly surprised by his mobility and his crossing. Hopefully he gets another good loan next season. He definitely has the potential to be a LFC player ...

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1187 on: May 18, 2021, 07:06:53 pm »
Shame for Awoniyi that the work permit never happened earlier but if we could get 8 million quid for him then that'd be some nice business.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1188 on: May 18, 2021, 07:10:23 pm »
Shame for Awoniyi that the work permit never happened earlier but if we could get 8 million quid for him then that'd be some nice business.

The work permit for Awoniyi is great news. The market for him has just increased ...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1189 on: May 24, 2021, 11:51:30 pm »
This is nice to see ...

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1190 on: August 10, 2021, 11:06:19 pm »

Dropped by specifically to ask about Van Den Berg, but this post looks like it answers my question for now!

I see he was subbed on during Preston's opening day defeat to Hull, but started tonight's 3-0 cup win over Mansfield as a right wing-back.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1191 on: August 12, 2021, 12:53:15 pm »
Anymore out on loan to keep a watch on

Sepp van den Berg – Preston
Paul Glatzel – Tranmere
Adam Lewis – Livingston
Anderson Arroyo – Mirandes
Jakub Ojrzynski – Caernarfon Town
Vitezslav Jaros – St Patrick’s Athletic (until end of November)
Leighton Clarkson—-Blackburn
Ben Davies ————Sheffield United

A crowd of 7,728 at Prenton Park watched on as Glatzel made his bow, where he was lively and part of early interplay in the final third that saw Tranmere start on the front foot.

The 20-year-old would not get a shot on target but was credited with two key passes to his name, the second-most in his team, in what was a valuable first step at his new club.

He would play 64 minutes of the clash and received a raucous round of applause as he made his way to the touchline.

A professional debut also came the way of Jakub Ojrzynski, with the young goalkeeper handed the No. 1 role for Caernarfon Town’s Cymru Premier League Cup second-round matchup against Ruthin.

Sepp van den Berg did not get to enjoy an opening day victory as Preston succumbed to a 4-1 defeat at the hands of Hull despite taking an early lead.
Came on at 1-1 .More luck Wednesday night as he started in a 3-0 cup win over Mansfield as a right wing-back.

Elsewhere, Adam Lewis was not named in Livingston’s matchday squad in their defeat to Aberdeen with a minor fitness issue and Vitezslav Jaros helped St Patrick’s Atheltic notch their 13th league win to keep within striking distance at the top of the table.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 08:57:58 am by rocco »

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1192 on: August 17, 2021, 08:56:34 am »
Leighton Clarkson has finalised a loan move to Championship side Blackburn Rovers.

Ben Davies has joined Sheffield United on loan for the 2021-22 season , seems a £500k loan fee and £500k if their promoted .

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #1193 on: August 17, 2021, 02:51:13 pm »
Jaros has been terrific for St Pat's Athletic in Ireland, really really great

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1194 on: August 17, 2021, 02:58:54 pm »
Jaros has been terrific for St Pat's Athletic in Ireland, really really great
This is good to hear. Think out of the many youth keepers we've recruited over the last few years I was impressed by him the most, which I understand doenst mean a huge amount    :D Don't think he's going to end up doing much here but hopefully he's done enough to get a better loan next time

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1195 on: August 22, 2021, 08:41:33 am »
Good individual start from Clarkson yesterday. He played well for them in a 2-1 loss to West Brom. Set up Blackburns goal playing a nice pass forward for Brereton from the left hand side, onrushing keeper seemed to misjudge the pass ball through to Brereton who finished to make it 2-1

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #1196 on: August 22, 2021, 08:49:03 am »
Good individual start from Clarkson yesterday. He played well for them in a 2-1 loss to West Brom. Set up Blackburns goal playing a nice pass forward for Brereton from the left hand side, onrushing keeper seemed to misjudge the pass ball through to Brereton who finished to make it 2-1
i watched the first half and while everytime he touched ball he did something positive with it and he was an inch away from a ridiculous assist with that pass you could see clearly he not a no 10 . i hope they play him deeper the next day !
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1197 on: August 22, 2021, 08:58:17 am »
i watched the first half and while everytime he touched ball he did something positive with it and he was an inch away from a ridiculous assist with that pass you could see clearly he not a no 10 . i hope they play him deeper the next day !

Klopp sees him as a 6, but given his frame a Championship manager less likely to put him as the deepest midfielder in what's a physical league (although Rodgers did it with Leon Britton or Joe Allen).

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1198 on: August 22, 2021, 09:42:52 am »
Klopp sees him as a 6, but given his frame a Championship manager less likely to put him as the deepest midfielder in what's a physical league (although Rodgers did it with Leon Britton or Joe Allen).
He probably more what Klopp looks for in an 8 with his size. Klopp has played Gini and Thaigo as the 6 at times(more injury reasons or it been to rest the 6 with less physically need in mf)  but his preference  has been somebody who is tall as they are normally good in the air see Bender, Henderson, Fabinho that much more what he looks for.
Unless Klopp said that what he sees him as I don't think he would be looking to play him as a 6 unless he has a late growth spurt.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1199 on: August 23, 2021, 01:02:04 pm »

He’s the same height as Mascherano, as long as the team has good aerial prowess overall and he’s got a decent leap on him I don’t see height as being an issue as long as he can handle himself (which being a local lad shouldn’t be a problem) he’s used to having proper challenges/tackles