Author Topic: On this day in LFC History: Personal Memories  (Read 816918 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: On this day in LFC History: Personal Memories
« Reply #4920 on: December 18, 2012, 11:33:00 am »
December 18th, 2011 Premier League

Aston Villa 0 Liverpool 2

It was a relatively straight forward win for Liverpool and the last time for almost a year that they would record consecutive league wins, the match was pretty much over inside the first 15 minutes, Villa had to make do with a late withdrawal to striker Darren Bent and fell behind thanks to goals from Craig Bellamy and then another from Martin Skrtel.

I remember winning a handicap bet on Liverpool to get the job done by two goals or more and the bet would have been more comfortable had Luis Suarez been more clinical and indeed more lucky infront of goal, the Uruguayan reminded everyone of a great number 7 of Manchester United's past in Eric Cantona when Suarez flicked a lovely chip over the keeper but it cruelly came back off the inside of the post, just a few minutes later Suarez went close again when from 8 yards he went for power and his shot smashed off the underside of the bar and rebounded to safety, that said Kenny Dalglish's side were in the top 6 with a routine win and were very close to the top 4, though an upcoming disciplinary hearing for striker Luis Suarez was likely to have an effect on whether the top 4 was realistic or not.

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4921 on: January 4, 2013, 09:40:04 am »
Wednesday 21st December 2011 Premier league

Wigan 0 Liverpool 0

It was a poor result no doubt, helped in no small measure by Charlie Adam missing a second half penalty but the main talking points were always going to be what went on before hand. 24 hours before the match it was announced that the FA had fined Liverpool striker Luis Suarez £40,000 and banned him for 8 matches. The ban would kick in sometime in January and would be a hammer blow to Liverpool's season. Suarez and the club defended each other to the hilt and the issue would see the club heavily criticized for its actions although some also felt the findings of the FA enquiry were extremely flawed and that Suarez was hung out to dry.

Prior to the match the Liverpool players aswell as manager Kenny Dalglish all wore t-shirts in support of Suarez who was eligible to play on the night, the move would be widely ridiculed over the remainder of the season.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4922 on: January 4, 2013, 09:57:09 am »
December 26th 2011 Premier League

Liverpool 1 Blackburn Rovers 1

It was a disappointing result against a side Kenny Dalglish had once lead to the Premier League title, times had changed with Blackburn close to the drop.

I had been anticipating a goal fest with the away side struggling in a relegation battle. My mrs was due to travel from the north and arrive at a bus station during the game, I decided seen as we dont see each other on Christmas day id head up and surprise her Christmas night and drive her back down south in time to see the game, good thinking?

Well no, despite packing the night before she insisted on repacking into a new bag she got Christmas day, I was livid with the delay given the drive I did I felt I was owed the chance to atleast get to watch the game on time. She then wanted to drop round to her folks to say bye, jesus she was there the whole of the previous day and sure on the 27th December she would be back with them again, like they were gonna struggle not seeing her for a day.

It was a 2 hour drive and minus enough diesel I blasted off for the south desperate to get there on time, after the stop for Diesel I blasted off again, I was gonna make it but unfortunately my clutch start slipping, the car began overrevving and I gently had to rev and nurse it the rest of the day, terrific, the shagging thing is gonna break down I thought. Punchy as I call the car made it and given my financial situation with an increasing mortgage and Christmas I simply couldnt afford to fix a problem that could cost several hundred quid, clutches aint cheap. The car not only made it to its destination but it continued in that condition for several months, any hard pressing of the accelerator the revs shot up and no speed, it had to be nursed.

and after all this effort guess what? I got to the pub, their equipment didnt work and I didnt get to see it anyway!

I had to make do with a stream at home, the game was 0-1 in their favour at half time thanks to an own goal from Charlie Adam, shortly into the second half Liverpool drew level thanks to Maxi Rodriguez but despite the return from injury (as a sub) by Steven Gerrard, the reds couldnt find a winner with Mark Bunn in the blackburn goal having a terrific game. With the game nearing its end a flick from Andy Carroll was trickling towards the net when Bunn somehow got down in time and turned it behind for a corner. This was the last chance of the game, from the resulting corner Daniel Agger headed goalwards and with Bunn beaten the ball was cleared off the line shortly before the final whistle went. What did Liverpool have to do to win some games?

It was a blow in our bid to finish 4th, although surprisingly Blackburn won their next game 3-2 at Old Trafford against Manchester United, we were 6th but Arsenal who were one point ahead of us had played one game less, we were 3 points behind 4th place Chelsea having played the same amount of games while 3rd placed Spurs were 4 points ahead of us but played two games less. Each of them three still had to visit Anfield

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4923 on: January 4, 2013, 10:07:19 am »
30th December 2011, Premier League

Liverpool 3 Newcastle united 1

Liverpool ended 2011 in style with a fine victory over Newcastle at Anfield, despite losing Luis Suarez to a one game ban for a gesture he made to Fulham fans, the Reds were comfortable winners. We undeservedly fell behind in the first half when a flick from Demba Ba appeared to fly in off the shoulder of Daniel Agger to give Newcastle a 1-0 lead, however the night was all about their old boys. Liverpool had new inform signing Jose Enrique at the back with their attack spear headed by former Geordies Craig Bellamy and Andy Carroll.

It was Bellamy who drew Liverpool level within 2 minutes after good work by Charlie Adam, in the second half the scoreline soon represented fairness when Bellamy smashed home a free kick although Newcastle keeper Tim Krul was surely not helped by the clumsy movement infront of him by his own team mate Danny Simpson.

Newcastle almost drew level when a brilliant flick from Ba was somehow turned off the line by Martin Skrtel who came close to injuring himself in the process but it was a fantastic piece of defending. that said we were good value for the lead, despite not scoring big Andy Carroll upfront seemed to be having one of his best games of the season and was unlucky not to find the net when he met a Steven Gerrard cross but his crushing header hit the crossbar, from the rebound Craig Bellamy appeared to have been caught by the elbow of Fabricio Collocini much to the Welsh mans annoyance, nothing was done about it and Bellamy had received a nasty head wound.

Having made his mark on the game Bellamy then watched his captain Steven Gerrard continue his return in style with a fine finish to make it 3-1 after a nicely weighted pass from Jordan Henderson. the result lifted us 5th ahead of Arsenal and level on points with 4th place Chelsea with both teams having a game in hand over us.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4924 on: January 4, 2013, 10:21:01 am »
3rd January 2012

Premier League

Manchester City 3 Liverpool 0

Even though we went on to win a trophy 2012 was a very difficult year for Liverpool and it started as it meant to go on, the previous season we had lost this game 3-0 and our preparations werent helped when Javier Mascherano allegedly refused to play to get a move away from the club. On this day the club announced they would not be appealing the 8 match ban handed to star man Luis Suarez for his much publicized alleged racial abuse of Patrice Evra.

The club and the player both released statements maintaining their support of one another and their innocence but felt an appeal would be unsuccesful and considering the verdict couldnt be appealed they also felt an appeal would reflect badly on the kick racism out of football campaign, there was also the possibility of Suarez having the ban extended by a failed appeal so the club reluctantly decided the best way forward was to accept the ban.

Its easy for me to type that now but at the time I didnt really know what to make of it, the lack of an appeal didnt sit right with me and Suarez maintains his innocence to this day, it was one of them things were only Evra and Suarez will only ever know what was said but I do believe Suarez was pretty much left out to dry by the FA, it seemed harsh but an appeal may have seen the ban increased and Suarez may then have missed a Carling Cup final.

Before the final we would have to contend with league leaders Man city, and before encountering them in the cup we had to play them in the league. We started well and should have taken the lead when Stewart Downing missed a one on one chance, we were made to pay in full when Sergio Aguero gave City the lead with a shot that bounced infront of Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina and deceived him, before half time they doubled their money when Vincent Kompany headed home in a near copy of the goal he had scored at Anfield earlier that season. It was harsh on Liverpool to go two down in a match they more than held their own.

In the second half Gareth Barry was sent off for City but by then it seemed Liverpool were unable to break City down and were done on the break thanks to a great run by Yaya Toure, as he burst into the box he was fouled by Martin Skrtel, replays suggested it was harsh but the game was up anyway. James Milner converted the penalty to give City a 3-0 win, their 10th win out of 10 in the league at home.

How would Liverpool cope without Suarez for another 7 games? Despite struggling for goals upfront particularly with Andy Carroll, Liverpool would not delve into the transfer market in the January window. Liverpool would be back at Eastlands shortly and during that Suarez ban for the first leg of the Carling Cup semi final so mistakes had to be learned from.

sickening result here (was sick too dying with a cold for those keeping score)

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4925 on: January 7, 2013, 08:51:33 am »
6th January 2012

FA Cup round 3

Liverpool 5 Oldham Athletic 1

This match was played on a friday night but due to some complications there wasnt many places showing the game until about 15 minutes before kick off when Setanta late in the day announced they would show it, I headed into Dublin city centre for it with a few mates but with it being early January and being a recession and all that the pub was dead, it was usually rammed but not tonight and I doubt more than 15 people were in there all night long.

As was the norm with the cup Kenny Dalglish named a full strength team, there were suspicions Liverpool would play for a draw as a replay would give Oldham a welcome cash windfall, while it would be a relatively ok game for Luis Suarez to miss during his 8 game ban.

Oldham threatened to go one better when Robbie Simpson opened the scoring at the Kop end with a fine shot that beat Pepe Reina but their lead lasted 2 minutes until Craig Belllamy deflected a Johnjo Shelvey shot in for an equalizer. On the stroke of half time Steven Gerrard scored a fine penalty to make it 2-1, mid way through the second half the game was wrapped up when Shelvey scored his first ever goal for the club to make it 3-1.

In the final few minutes two players who cost the club 55m in the previous year came off the bench and gave themselves a welcome boost as Andy Carroll blasted home a superb left foot shot from outside the area just seconds after his arrival on the pitch and late on Stewart Downing scored his first for the club after good work by John Flanagan.

The game was slightly overshadowed when Oldham youngster Tom Adeyemi was allegedly abused racially by fans and burst into tears, unfortunately he got little sympathy from the stands at the time although the Liverpool players were clearly annoyed at Adeyemi being made so upset, there were allegations over what was said and maybe its best I dont say what was allegedly said, one supporter was questioned but over 2 months later he was not charged in relation to this, given the club was already having to defend a striker out for 8 games for similar reasons it wasnt needed.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2013, 08:56:41 am by HELLRAZOR »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4926 on: January 7, 2013, 12:08:12 pm »
Can anyone help me with this

On this day in 2004 Patrice Luzi became the 4th man never to concede a goal in his LFC career. Who were the other 3?

(I don't know the answer, but it's doing my fucking head in. Steve Staunton is one of them I think. Jose Enrique doesn't count as Luzi became the 4th, so there were 3 before him)
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4927 on: January 7, 2013, 12:11:48 pm »
Can anyone help me with this

ogrizovic?

edit: strike that, he let in 4 on his debut
« Last Edit: January 7, 2013, 12:15:44 pm by HELLRAZOR »

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4928 on: January 7, 2013, 12:18:34 pm »
kriss is your best bet

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4929 on: January 7, 2013, 12:48:19 pm »
ogrizovic?

he was one of my guesses too

Got it thanks to SP

James Bradley -  A left half who made 1 appearance in goal in a 3-0  win v Bolton in 1909
Harold McNaughton - 1 appearance in a 1-0 win over Everton in 1920
Steve Staunton
Patrice Luzi
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4930 on: January 8, 2013, 06:40:50 pm »
he was one of my guesses too

Got it thanks to SP

James Bradley -  A left half who made 1 appearance in goal in a 3-0  win v Bolton in 1909
Harold McNaughton - 1 appearance in a 1-0 win over Everton in 1920
Steve Staunton
Patrice Luzi

Barney, The James Bradley incident is interesting. He was a half-back but apparently Sam Hardy did not turn up for the Christmas Day match against Bolton Wanderers at Anfield in 1909. So Bradley either volunteered or was told to take Hardy's place. A different goalkeeper, Augustus Beeby, played in the next two matches before Hardy returned to first-team action on the 1st of January 1910. We'll probably never know what really happened but I am wondering if Hardy was left out of the team by manager Tom Watson for the two matches that Beeby played in as a punishment for not turning up on Christmas Day!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4931 on: January 22, 2013, 01:59:05 pm »
January 11th 2012

League cup semi final first leg

Manchester City 0 Liverpool 1

although it was an important result, the match itself was an utter snoozefest, decided by a first half penalty from Steven Gerrard, although City pressed Liverpool just got everyone behind the ball in the second half on a bitterly cold January night. The 1-0 gave us one foot in the final where we would play Crystal Palace or Cardiff. Man of the match Glen Johnson created a talking point near the end with what appeared to be a two footed lunge on Joleon Lescott, whilst it wasnt malicious it was similar to one which saw City Captain Vincent Kompany sent off for in City's previous game. It lead to a big bust up between City boss Roberto Mancini and Liverpool scorer and captain Steven Gerrard after the game, which can be read here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16522642

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4932 on: January 22, 2013, 04:26:40 pm »
14th January 2012, Premier League

Liverpool 0 Stoke City 0

It was my first visit to anfield for almost 3 years, I flew out of Belfast the night before and stayed in the Devonshire hotel following a bit of grub in Jamie Carraghers bar. It was a quiet night back in the hotel as the lads I was with didnt really drink much at all, there was 3 of us split with 2 rooms, i got one on my own, the room was big but it was like an oven, eventually after fiddling with radiator nozzles I got it to cool down. The shower had some hot water which was always nice.

Unfortunately the following morning the shower was bitterly cold, maybe I had knocked the heat and hot water off, it eventually transpired the boiler in the hotel was knackered so it was either dont shower or tough it out in the cold water, the latter I chose. We were off early to Anfield several hours before kick off as the lads wanted to go on a stadium tour, I had only been on one a few months earlier but didnt want to spoil their fun. After a bacon and egg breakfast and a trip to the HJC shop across the road we had a look around the club shop and headed on the tour, the tour was however heavily restricted for a match day, the changing rooms were perhaps understandably out of bounds while tv crews like SKY and the BBC worked hard to get their man up and running for todays game.

We sat in the KOP and the benches for the usual photos as I noticed it was a bitterly cold 0 degrees. As we were flying back that night to pick up my car and drive 40 miles from Belfast international airport the pubs were out of bounds for us, the lads didnt really drink and I didnt think it would be fair to them to have to drive my car. We had several hours to kill before kick off, as we walked around the ground we got up to the gates at the back of the centenary stand. Sebastien Coates and Daniel Agger arrived and we saw them briefly albeit nowhere near them to talk.

We headed back into town still atleast 3-4 hours short of kick off and headed for Lloyds in the centre next to the central club shop in Williamson square for a big breakfast and had a quick look around, we decided to get back to Anfield early, it wasnt about getting in the last pint just about making sure we got in on time. I was using a mates fan card and as it wasnt our names on it we wanted to be sure about getting sorted, our initial plan was that we would use the names on the fancards to the stewards and ask where to go but sure surely if they were ours and if they sussed it was used that season somehow they knew we'd be up to something.

I tried an honesty approach, I admitted the cards werent ours but it was organised through a friend of mine in work who went to about 9 games a season, he'd let us borrow the cards and I paid for them myself online anyway, the stewards kindly directed us to where we needed to go that morning and just advised us it would be a good move to get there an hour or so early in case we needed to be moved to another part of the ground if we got lost, this saved a lot of hassle and we were in the ground about 50-60 minutes to go. Our seats werent half bad, almost by the corner flag in the Annie Road next to the Centenary.

Maxi Rodriguez was just walking away all suited up at that point for some reason and we gave him a big shout, nets were put up around the stand as players warmed up and we watched the Stoke Keepers Asmir Begovic and Thomas Sorensen being put through their paces as we warmed ourselves up with tea and Bovril, it was nice to see the players warm up rather than rush to the game half needing a piss after a few bevvies, few beers would have been nice but by this stage it didn’t really matter. Liverpool's team had a few surprised with Kenny Dalglish going for 5 at the back, Jamie Carragher and Sebastian Coates started with Daniel Agger picking up a knock and not featuring (Even though we saw him earlier that day). It was a surprise move by Kenny considering Stoke were always going to line up defensively for an away day but it was a tactic he sometimes adopted years back for big physical teams such as Wimbledon, Stoke were Wimbledon mk2 if ever I saw it. Martin Skrtel was the 3rd centre back with Glen Johnson right back, Jose Enrique left back and of course Reina in goal. Our midfield was lead by skipper Steven Gerrard with Charlie Adam and Jordan Henderson there too, along with Stewart Downing and striker Dirk Kuyt. It was a wrench for us not to see Luis Suarez in action due to his suspension whilst 35m man Andy Carroll was on the bench.

It was clear early on Stoke were not going to bother attacking, apart from one 35 yard shot from Matthew Etherington that did little to trouble Pepe Reina. Liverpool did all the pressing but found it tough to break down a resolute Stoke defence despite umpteen corners albeit some very poor deliveries from the likes of Downing and Adam. The seats we had we were quite close to the players and I did my best to encourage, the downside to the seats was that Liverpool would be attacking the KOP in the second half and with Stoke being resolute we were going to see next to nothing at our end. That’s exactly what happened, it was frustrating to see the persistence with a back 5 considering Stoke just lumped it up all game to Peter Crouch who had nothing to go on, but our numerical disadvantage at the other end was telling with Stoke Bruisers Ryan Shawcross and Robert Huth easily outmuscling Dirk Kuyt. The 5 at the back remained although it reverted to more of a 352 with Johnson and Enrique pushing on, this after Andy Carroll replaced Stewart Downing. Liverpool were lining up a corner immediately as Carroll came on and it was then I began to get a little irate. Referee Howard Webb had done us for years and having just walked on the pitch in time for the corner I was furious when despite being a good 100 yards away I could clearly see Robert Huth headlock Andy Carroll to the deck, no penalty.

A few minutes later it was similar, despite already being on a yellow and having had a warning to stop wrestling Carroll, Shawcross decided to shove him over anyway, again no penalty, a mere 5-10 seconds after Stoke cleared their lines a cross was flung in towards Kuyt who appeared to have been shoved by Jonathan Woodgate, again no penalty, I am annoyed just typing this. I was losing it, my mates had never seen me like this, can remember roaring "will you give us a fucking penno you fucking baldy cunnt manc fucking wanker". Even though Webb resided in Sheffield I was in no doubt that he spent most of his day sending his love to Alex Ferguson, I was in absolutely no doubt that had the incidents occurred in Old Trafford he wouldn’t have got his whistle blown quick enough to award them. I saw one more noticeable error in his game, Steven Gerrard launched himself into a tackle with the ball clearly bouncing off a Stoke player out for a throw near the Kop, Webb gave the throw to Stoke, how he couldn’t see it from a tenth of the distance I had I will never know.

It was clear we were going to be frustrated, even the electric Craig Bellamy couldn’t force a winner after replacing the ineffective Jordan Henderson, the system of 5 defenders or 352 hadnt really worked, it may have if Daniel Agger played had he not been injured to link defence and attack, no disrespect to Sebastien Coates but he just didn’t serve any purpose, maybe he didn’t need to although one run he did go on in the first half was about as close as we got all day. There was one last charge as there usually is, a back post diving header from Dirk Kuyt flew agonisingly wide when it seemed he should have scored. A number of things grabbed my attention that day, its always nice to see players in the flesh rather than tv, Glen Johnson was impressive, covering every blade of grass (first time id seen him live), Jose Enrique (first time with him too) was another who impressed with some good defending and ball work, Martin Skrtel looked good on the ball, while Steven Gerrard was just all action all over the pitch taking over everything, Huth and Shawcross came across as nothing other than glorified bullies while I can say hand on heart that Rory Delap was the worst player I have ever seen in the flesh, usually just selected for throw ins, he wasn’t even taking them so he served absolutely no purpose at all. Stoke showed just how negative they were when they won a throw near their own fans at the end, there was no time for Liverpool to launch a counter so it was worth their while to try steal what would be an undeserved win but Delap just threw it short and they played it into the corner, although Liverpool won it back the time was up and a poor game ended 0-0.

It was nice to be back all the same, I hadn’t been able to get over for a game for a long long time due to a big mortgage that now swallowed up my money, but it was nice to be back even if the game and result was poor, the fact that Howard Webb reffed it tainted things, I even had a bet for a red card, a penalty to be awarded and gerrard first goal, the foul by Shawcross on Carroll that Webb didn’t give scuppered all 3!

We headed back to our hotel to pick up things, walking away from the ground to make sure we could escape the traffic before hopping in a taxi, having paid our hotel already we just grabbed our bags and headed back to Liverpool airport for a quick bite to eat in Franky and Bennys, before a smooth trip back to Belfast with the excellent Easyjet, and off we drove for home, I apologized for my earlier language with Webb to the lads, but they knew I had good reason. It wasn’t the best of games or results but it’s a trip im glad I made. I hadn’t realized how much I missed that wonderful city and stadium until I went back. It didn’t hurt that I finally got to see a Liverpool side in the flesh managed by the one and only Kenny Dalglish, there I just made a bad time good, I think! ;)

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4933 on: January 22, 2013, 04:56:39 pm »
21st January 2012

Premier League

Bolton Wanderers 3 Liverpool 1

It seemed easy on paper especially as Liverpool had won their last 10 games against Bolton who spent the season fighting relegation, but it appeared as if Liverpool just took the game for granted and Mark Davies punished them early on with the games opening goal on 4 minutes. With half an hour gone Nigel Reo Coker added a second and we now had it all to do, it did look as if a comeback could be on the cards when Andy Carroll set up Craig Bellamy whose shot tricked under Adam Bogdan. At the start of the second half Greitar Steinson made sure of the points with Bolton's third to make it 3-1 and there was no way back. Bolton may have had a nervy end had Daniel Agger kept a powerful drive a bit lower but his fine effort struck the bar, though in truth Bolton fully deserved the win.

A win would have left us 5th just 3 points off 4th but instead we were 7th and despite being a fierce defender of the club and his players Kenny Dalglish left his players a chilling warning “If they thought they could just turn up and get a result and not match the opposition for effort and commitment then they got a lesson today. If that was what the problem was, if they thought this game was not as important as the next one, then fine - but they won’t be here.”

the thoughts of Dalglish that night can be read here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9030531/Kenny-Dalglish-issues-warning-to-disrespectful-Liverpool-players-following-Bolton-Wanderers-defeat.html

Liverpool needed to be whipped into shape for their upcoming match with Man City in the league cup, meanwhile i was off out to celebrate my birthday and the last year of my 20s so consigned this mess away for a few hours atleast.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4934 on: January 27, 2013, 10:35:46 am »
on this day in 2006, god returned for his second spell.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4935 on: February 6, 2013, 12:13:23 am »
on this day 2 years ago torres made his chelsea debut against us and got a forearm smash from agger for his trouble in our 1-0 win

and 3 years ago today we beat the bitters 1-0 at anfield with a dirk header after kyrgiakos got sent off. was a right dirty game. carra could have been sent off in the first two minutes and pienaar got sent off late on aswell

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
« Reply #4936 on: February 24, 2013, 05:28:16 pm »
ogrizovic?

I remember that game.  We lost 4-2 to Derby.  It would have been 5 if Oggy had have made contact with the indirect free kick that he flapped at.  Unbelievable when you can consider such a dreadful performance by a goalkeeper would lead to such a fantastic career.

I think that may have been the game where Tommy Smith tackled Leighton James and put him into the advertising boards right in front of us in the Paddock at the Baseball Ground.   James than waited until Smith was out of earshot, and then started gobbing off as to what he was going to do to him.  He was not impressed when we challenged him to "say it to Smithy's face".
Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
« Reply #4937 on: February 24, 2013, 05:39:10 pm »
Actually, I have just looked that game up on Liverweb (8th march 1978) and it says Clem is in goal.  I would have put my house on Oggy being in goal for that one.  The irony that you have to be a certain age to have been to the game, and yet you get to that age and your mind plays tricks!
Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4938 on: February 26, 2013, 02:27:18 pm »
carling cup victory one year ago today

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4939 on: March 2, 2013, 12:04:51 am »
10 years ago today we beat united 2-0 in the league cup final. how time flies

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4940 on: March 2, 2013, 08:09:15 am »
jesus

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4941 on: March 6, 2013, 10:59:31 am »
2 years ago today: dirk 3 united 1

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4942 on: March 6, 2013, 11:25:23 am »
2 years ago today: dirk 3 united 1
could have been 6 0 that day, took them to the cleaners

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4943 on: March 10, 2013, 12:14:58 am »
sigh. what a night that was!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRrt5FeZWME

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4944 on: March 10, 2013, 09:22:46 am »
sigh. what a night that was!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRrt5FeZWME
best Liverpool performance in I've ever seen, could have been 10-0

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4945 on: March 14, 2013, 12:24:32 am »
man united 1 liverpool 4. enough said.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4946 on: March 14, 2013, 09:20:50 am »
man united 1 liverpool 4. enough said.
how times have changed

Reina (still here)
Carragher (still here but retiring) Hyypia (left that summer) Skrtel (still here) Aurelio (released in 2010, resigned and released again 2012)

Lucas (still here) Mascherano (left summer 2010)

Kuyt (left summer 2012) Gerrard (still here) Riera (left summer 2010)

Torres (left winter 2011)

subs
Dossena (left winter 2010)
Babel (left winter 2011)
El Zhar (dont even know when he left)

unused:
Cavalieri (left summer 2010)
Insua (loaned out summer 2010, left for good summer 2011)
Ngog (left summer 2011)
Arbeloa (left summer 2009)

Xabi Alonso was a late withdrawal, like Arbeloa and Hyypia he left us that summer

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4947 on: March 14, 2013, 09:49:02 am »

Missed this. Probably the favourite final I've been to in the flesh. We were pretty big underdogs for this one having been in a terrible run of League form and United just about still in their pomp. The outpouring of joy/relief/abuse when Owen sealed it late on is one of my favourite moments I think. It was a proper end up a few rows forward sort of job - I was sat with my brother too which I don't get to do very often which made it all the sweeter.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4948 on: March 15, 2013, 12:33:52 am »
god's first goal in his second spell in a 5-1 win over fulham.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4949 on: March 15, 2013, 09:31:19 am »
god's first goal in his second spell in a 5-1 win over fulham.
was raging i missed that. was to go the pub to watch that game but was absolutely dying with a cold, got home from work and just fell asleep. was 1-1 by the time  iwoke up. staggered down but was too sick to drink

Offline brussels sprout

• Fucking Beaut.
  • Kopite
On this day in LFC History: Personal Memories
« Reply #4950 on: March 15, 2013, 04:14:21 pm »
A few in the auld arse thread might remember, today in 1892 LFC was formed. Many happy returns.
A bastion of invincibility

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4951 on: March 19, 2013, 12:08:54 am »
this day in 2002. another great anfield european night. made better by houllier's return from illness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lia7ZfdepiU

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4952 on: March 24, 2013, 12:33:29 am »
the fowler non-penalty at arsenal

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4953 on: March 26, 2013, 12:03:52 am »
"AND WHELAN'S CURLED ONE. BRILLIANT GOAL".

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4954 on: March 26, 2013, 09:08:51 am »
"AND WHELAN'S CURLED ONE. BRILLIANT GOAL".
Liverpool 2 man united 1 league cup final?

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4955 on: March 26, 2013, 12:37:24 pm »
Liverpool 2 man united 1 league cup final?

indeed. 1983

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4956 on: April 2, 2013, 12:06:35 am »

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4957 on: April 3, 2013, 12:01:50 am »
still the best premier league game of all time imo. two exceptional attacking sides going hell for leather for 90 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwCDYc-r3iI

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4958 on: April 4, 2013, 12:16:28 am »
i geniunely thought we were going to win the league

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFsz446Yp80

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4959 on: April 4, 2013, 12:59:15 pm »
i geniunely thought we were going to win the league

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFsz446Yp80
times stood still when yossi got the ball. I swear it was atleast a minute for the ball to go in