Author Topic: Re: Liverpool Women FC (away vs Bristol - 20/04 - 12:30 ko) (*)  (Read 596200 times)

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Women (*)
« Reply #3440 on: June 30, 2021, 03:54:12 pm »
Yes, I noticed no Babajide too, I'd hoped she'd have got some reconciliation by now, but it doesn't look that way. (...new striker please)

Also, no Furney, I guess she's still injured.

I didn't notice Campbell either, maybe she's caring a knock already???

Finally, Who's the player in the 4th photo? ...I don't recognize her.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/women/437088-photos-pre-season-training-under-way-for-lfc-women
Furness tweeted a few days ago about only just starting to run again. Matthews is coming back from injury also. Campbell posted from training, so she was there to some extent, same as Holland and Hodson.

The player in the fourth pic is Evie Smith from the u21s.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3441 on: July 1, 2021, 03:20:26 pm »
Emma Sanders is saying Carla Humphrey is a maybe. Another one out of contract from Bristol.

https://twitter.com/em_sandy/status/1410565632551161860

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3442 on: July 1, 2021, 03:32:11 pm »
We should swerve her

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #3443 on: July 1, 2021, 03:35:25 pm »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3444 on: July 1, 2021, 03:37:27 pm »
Why, Chris?

Essentially she's not very good and will never be more than a Championship player in my opinion but there's a reason why Leah Williamson is going to the Olympics this summer and she isn't despite them being in the same age group when coming up through Arsenal's centre of excellence, she's more interested in her social life than football.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3445 on: July 1, 2021, 04:01:08 pm »
Furness tweeted a few days ago about only just starting to run again.

She's been walking her dog plenty though - chat to her often by us as her dog likes playing with mine!

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
  • My cup is barely even half empty
« Reply #3446 on: July 1, 2021, 06:09:20 pm »
Emma Sanders is saying Carla Humphrey is a maybe. Another one out of contract from Bristol.

https://twitter.com/em_sandy/status/1410565632551161860

Interesting, what position does she play?

The only position I think we may be light in at the mo is another striker.
The new girl Kiernan apparently was injured quite a bit at West Ham, and I am not so confidant that Babajide will return to the fold.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2021, 11:47:27 am by LeoT »
My cup is barely even half empty

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3447 on: July 2, 2021, 03:46:06 pm »
Humphrey signing confirmed

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3448 on: July 2, 2021, 05:05:22 pm »
Must say that's a good looking lass. I only know this because the main account retweeted it.  ;D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3449 on: July 7, 2021, 11:01:33 am »
I did something nice for Andy Heaton's little girl cos I kept seeing pix and vidz of her by Andy of her goalkeeping antics.

I made a post on LinkedIn and then hit up most of the people on my contact list directly connected to footie. First one te reply from the tagged list? Matt Beard. Class.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6818148543048560640/

Dear friends in the football family ⚽ . It's been many years since I had the privilege to train a goalie - I remember the thrill of watching someone grow (literally!) into their gloves 🙌🏻 and their role. Meet Francesca Heaton, daughter of a friend, Andy Heaton - she's 8 (he's considerably older! 🤩 )

See the video - very impressive, the energy, the footwork, the reactions, the commitment.....apparently she's the smallest player in her team, yet arguably the most tenacious 🔥 . Surprised? Me neither!

I'm inviting you to take a minute to offer some encouragement, advice and, yes, some love too, for this budding young talent❣️ . Who knows where she'll be in ten years from now.....do you recognise that thought?

Drop a comment or a video clip here - Andy will ensure she sees it - she's had a few high profile shoutouts already from the likes of Steph Houghton - tag your footie friends - let's make her summer extra special now that she's back in training and lockdown's lifted!  🙏🏽

Francesca - remember it's 80% positioning, 15% skill and 5% luck - and you're already better than your dad ever was!!!  🤣

#liverpoolfc #lfc #ynwa #twal #goalkeeper #goalkeepertraining #allgoaliesaremadascats

Matt Beard Vicky Jepson Joe Potts Bruce Grobbelaar John Achterberg Paul Dalglish Jarmo Matikainen Rebecca (Bex) Smith Tiffeny Milbrett Rick Parry Antti Niemi Bianca Rech Andy Williams sander westerveld James Carroll Mark Morris Stéphanie Öhrström Inger Arnesson Hanna Marklund Rolf Rundström Keith Hackett Mark Clattenburg
« Last Edit: July 7, 2021, 11:05:24 am by 24∗7 »

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3450 on: July 7, 2021, 11:03:39 am »
Ah nice one Jim! Top man!

"He's considerably older" :lmao not sure Andy would like that haha

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3451 on: July 7, 2021, 11:05:46 am »
Ah nice one Jim! Top man!

"He's considerably older" :lmao not sure Andy would like that haha
He had copy approval before posting it ;)

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3452 on: July 8, 2021, 06:04:56 pm »
Inside training...

https://video.liverpoolfc.com/player/0_ektmuuoi/

Got to say, the club seems to have stepped up in terms of content of the Womens team over the last few months.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3453 on: July 9, 2021, 11:03:56 am »
Spurs have released Rianna Dean and Anna Filbey, if they're willing to drop down to the Championship for another season we should be all over them...
;D
Liverpool FC Women seal Rianna Dean signing

The 22-year-old joins the club after three years at Tottenham Hotspur, having emerged from the academy at Arsenal and spent a season with Millwall Lionesses.

Dean’s goals helped Spurs secure promotion from the Championship to the Women’s Super League in 2018-19 and establish themselves in the top flight.

The forward, who concluded her Spurs career with 21 strikes in 63 appearances, has also represented England up to U21 level.

LFC Women manager Matt Beard said: “It was important we signed a proven goalscorer and Rianna has done that consistently in two seasons in the Championship.

“She had a great first WSL season before being in and out of the team last year. So she’s hungry and we’re getting a talented young player as well as adding depth to the squad and competition for places.”

Dean spoke of her excitement as she joined the Reds for pre-season training this week.

“I’m buzzing, the club is massive, I’m really looking forward to it and I’m really happy to be here,” she said.

“My job is to score goals and hopefully that is what the fans will see from me. I like to work hard and do my best for the team.”

Dean is the sixth new recruit for LFC Women this summer and she believes a strong squad can only be good for all the players involved.

“When you have healthy competition it only pushes individuals in the team to do better,” the No.19 added. “I’ve come here to get promotion and help the team push on.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/women/437544-liverpool-fc-women-seal-rianna-dean-signing

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3454 on: July 9, 2021, 11:10:38 am »
;D

Had a feeling this was happening after she retweeted an LFC fan account a few weeks ago. I know Rianna from Arsenal, think she was a little unlucky at Spurs last season but goals were a problem for us last season and she should sort that out.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3455 on: July 9, 2021, 11:18:12 am »
Had a feeling this was happening after she retweeted an LFC fan account a few weeks ago. I know Rianna from Arsenal, think she was a little unlucky at Spurs last season but goals were a problem for us last season and she should sort that out.
... famous last words. Pretty sure I've said them myself for the last few transfer windows  :-X

I'm only just rereading the posts about her here and I'm not sure how I managed to forget all about her being a possible.

I count six in with five going out, plus Babajide whenever it's announced. I'd say we're probably done now, but I'll not complain if there's more.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3456 on: July 9, 2021, 01:01:41 pm »
https://twitter.com/Rinsolab11_/status/1413447325368807425?s=20

Well it seems she's announced it herself with this

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3457 on: July 10, 2021, 01:57:20 am »
... famous last words. Pretty sure I've said them myself for the last few transfer windows  :-X

I'm only just rereading the posts about her here and I'm not sure how I managed to forget all about her being a possible.

I count six in with five going out, plus Babajide whenever it's announced. I'd say we're probably done now, but I'll not complain if there's more.

That was just the kind of final signing I was looking for, a striker who has been proven to be able to score goals at this level. Her goal scoring record over the last few seasons is apparently 1 goal every 3 games, that's between the Championship and WSL.
Compare that record to Thestrop's who scored about 4 all season, (...and I'm sure 1 of those was an own goal by the defender).

Our defense was strong last season,  but now its got more cover, and more options.
Our mid-field looks better than it did last season.
Our attack looks more likely to create and more likely to score. 

I'm the usually most pessimistic person on this planet,   however at this point I'm actually feeling quite positive.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3458 on: July 10, 2021, 07:50:39 am »

That was just the kind of final signing I was looking for, a striker who has been proven to be able to score goals at this level. Her goal scoring record over the last few seasons is apparently 1 goal every 3 games, that's between the Championship and WSL.
Compare that record to Thestrop's who scored about 4 all season, (...and I'm sure 1 of those was an own goal by the defender).

Our defense was strong last season,  but now its got more cover, and more options.
Our mid-field looks better than it did last season.
Our attack looks more likely to create and more likely to score. 

I'm the usually most pessimistic person on this planet,   however at this point I'm actually feeling quite positive.
I still believe our goal scoring issue was entirely mental.

We struggled in 19/20 for being bottom end of the table - we just didn't handle the added pressure of having to finish chances to score when they're so few. It's not a coincidence that goals started once Furness joined and that she was the one scoring them, because she hadn't yet had the confidence knocked out of her like everyone else had suffered.

We struggled in 20/21 because the season before did such a number on us, that as soon as we slipped down the table a bit and the pressure to score returned, we played like we didn't think we could score ever again.

We probably didn't shake things up enough for 20/21 to make it feel like a fresh start. If Beard had kept the forwards we had, I think there would have been improvement in goals just for the refreshing of all it, because there's no reason players of their level couldn't have banged them in against Championship defences. That he has changed the forwards as well should really mean this monkey is finally off our backs now.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3459 on: July 11, 2021, 10:09:14 am »
Not seen this mentioned anywhere else here, apologies if missed.......but I just noticed that Joe Potts is back as keeper coach ;D

Matt and Joe reunited. A coaching partnership that oversaw two consecutive league title wins. This can only be good news.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3460 on: July 12, 2021, 12:29:18 pm »
I still believe our goal scoring issue was entirely mental.

We struggled in 19/20 for being bottom end of the table - we just didn't handle the added pressure of having to finish chances to score when they're so few. It's not a coincidence that goals started once Furness joined and that she was the one scoring them, because she hadn't yet had the confidence knocked out of her like everyone else had suffered.

We struggled in 20/21 because the season before did such a number on us, that as soon as we slipped down the table a bit and the pressure to score returned, we played like we didn't think we could score ever again.

We probably didn't shake things up enough for 20/21 to make it feel like a fresh start. If Beard had kept the forwards we had, I think there would have been improvement in goals just for the refreshing of all it, because there's no reason players of their level couldn't have banged them in against Championship defences. That he has changed the forwards as well should really mean this monkey is finally off our backs now.

My view on our central strikers last season is more negative unfortunately.
I honestly think that if we had started last season with a better central striker we would have won promotion.

CENTRAL STRIKERS:
Thestrop:  was poor all season when played as a central striker. Hate to say it but she lacks the quality required to score goals even at Championship level.

Linnett:  A decent No 10, buy not a central striker, she would shy away if faced with a physical battle with opposition defenders.

Babajide:  Was good the few times she was give the central role, but was was in general played in her natural position out wide, then was missing for the last half of the season.

WIDE FORWARDS:
Lawley:  Played well all season, but the ball just wouldn't go in the net (probably for the mental reasons you mentioned previously)

Hodgson: Played well, could assist but not score. Often injured or just coming back from injury.

Beckie Jane: did surprisingly well when played further forward (I'm surprised & disappointed she wasn't offered another contract).

It is unlikely that a team will win the league if their central striker scores only 4 goals in 17 games.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 05:29:07 pm by LeoT »

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3461 on: July 15, 2021, 06:11:35 pm »

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3462 on: July 15, 2021, 06:28:06 pm »
I came in to post about that friendly happening at the same time I was going to post the Joe Potts announcement. Then I saw Jim had posted the Potts news himself, but I never ended up posting the friendly.

Must have been having one of them days ;D

Shame it's off, was looking forward to it.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3463 on: July 23, 2021, 11:22:26 am »

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3464 on: July 24, 2021, 05:59:40 pm »

Great to see the dates, I usually try to attend all of our Away matches in/around London.

Does anyone know if there are more pre-season friendlies planned?

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3465 on: July 26, 2021, 02:22:41 pm »
The latest article on the LFC official site mentions a preseason match against Leicester.
Anyone know when that will be?   will it be on LFC TV?

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/women/438887-liverpool-fc-women-continue-pre-season-with-internal-training-match

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3466 on: July 26, 2021, 07:44:32 pm »
Expected news but also not expected? Babajide has finally gone - to Brighton - but it's on loan

Emma Sanders @em_sandy
It’s been a long saga for Rinsola Babajide and Brighton! I reported back in January she handed in a transfer request and that was when Brighton’s interest started. She has trained with LFC’s under-21s since & hasn’t featured for the first team. A fresh start for her now on loan.

Should also add, there is no option to buy for Brighton in this loan agreement yet. There remains a year's option on Babajide's current contract with Liverpool (she signed a two-year deal in June 2020).
https://twitter.com/em_sandy/status/1419662460907401218

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3467 on: July 30, 2021, 04:31:47 pm »
The Conti Cup was drawn today. It's had another reformat, and it's... something. Fixture conflict with the Champions League means some are/will be getting byes to the quarter-finals. As of right now, that's only Chelsea. But if Arsenal and Man City qualify for the CL group stage themselves, then they too get a bye to the Conti knockout rounds.

Northern Section

GROUP A : Liverpool, Sheffield United, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Sunderland

GROUP B : Leicester City, Durham, Manchester United, Everton

Southern Section

GROUP C : Charlton Athletic, Tottenham Hotspur, Coventry United, Watford

GROUP D : Lewes, Crystal Palace, Bristol City, Reading

GROUP E : London City Lionesses, Birmingham City, Brighton & Hove Albion, West Ham United

Teams play each other once between October 13-14 to December 15-16

Arsenal and Manchester City’s entry will be determined by their performance in the first two rounds of the UEFA Women’s Champions League. If they progress to the group stages and join Chelsea, they too will enter the FA Women’s Continental Tyres League Cup at the quarter-final stage.

If they are knocked out inside the first two rounds, however, they will enter the [Conti Cup] group stage and will be drawn into an existing group of four clubs in the appropriate geographical grouping in accordance with Cup Rule 15.3.

The first place team in each group will qualify for the quarter-finals, joining those clubs competing in the UEFA Women’s Champions League. If Arsenal and/or Manchester City enter the group stage of the FA Women’s Continental Tyres League Cup, the best runner-up/two best runners-up will progress with the five group winners.

https://womenscompetitions.thefa.com/Article/20210727-fa-womens-continental-league-cup-group-stage-draw-and-format-for-2021-22-season-explained

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3468 on: July 30, 2021, 05:32:33 pm »
The Conti Cup was drawn today. It's had another reformat, and it's... something.

:D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3469 on: July 30, 2021, 09:59:41 pm »
Not a bad draw, ....makes a change.

The Conti Cup was drawn today. It's had another reformat, and it's... something. Fixture conflict with the Champions League means some are/will be getting byes to the quarter-finals. As of right now, that's only Chelsea. But if Arsenal and Man City qualify for the CL group stage themselves, then they too get a bye to the Conti knockout rounds.

Northern Section

GROUP A : Liverpool, Sheffield United, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Sunderland

GROUP B : Leicester City, Durham, Manchester United, Everton

Southern Section

GROUP C : Charlton Athletic, Tottenham Hotspur, Coventry United, Watford

GROUP D : Lewes, Crystal Palace, Bristol City, Reading

GROUP E : London City Lionesses, Birmingham City, Brighton & Hove Albion, West Ham United

Teams play each other once between October 13-14 to December 15-16

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3470 on: July 30, 2021, 10:01:32 pm »
Anyone know if this Sunday's pre-season friendly against Leicester will be shown anywhere online?

...desperate to see how the new signings fit into the team.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3471 on: July 31, 2021, 07:26:11 am »
Anyone know if this Sunday's pre-season friendly against Leicester will be shown anywhere online?

...desperate to see how the new signings fit into the team.
The one which got cancelled was supposed to be streamed on the club's socials, but that was at home. I can't even find where the Leicester one is being played. If the club haven't already said it's available to watch, I'm going to assume it isn't.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3472 on: August 2, 2021, 12:41:21 am »
Apparently we got battered Leicester 6:1 Liverpool.

https://www.facebook.com/LFCWSC

Not a great result, but it's still pre-season so no panic yet.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3473 on: August 7, 2021, 04:05:22 pm »
Playing another friendly away at United tomorrow. Midday KO. They're streaming it, we've got highlights on Monday.

Whiteley taking charge because Beard is isolating. Seems like it's just him though and the full squad is available.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3474 on: August 8, 2021, 11:29:58 am »
It's not a proper pre-season friendly unless there's a Trialist on the team sheet.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3475 on: August 8, 2021, 12:07:59 pm »
Stream here: https://tgo-tv.co/live-sports/mutv-live-stream.php

Bit temperamental, but it's working.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3476 on: August 8, 2021, 02:01:58 pm »
Stream here: https://tgo-tv.co/live-sports/mutv-live-stream.php

Bit temperamental, but it's working.

How did it go?
Anyone play really well/badly.

I couldn't get the stream to work, (just loads of pop-ups).

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3477 on: August 8, 2021, 02:21:24 pm »
2-2 draw was the result but I don't know how they played.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3478 on: August 8, 2021, 03:04:00 pm »
Wasn't really able to watch properly, busy with other things. Was 2-1 to them when I was finally able to sit down and then the stream which had probably been running perfectly in my absence gave out a minute later  ::)

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/women/440195-match-report-lfc-women-manchester-united-friendly

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #3479 on: August 8, 2021, 03:24:03 pm »
Kellan, kellan..give us the score.

😁
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.