Author Topic: Spain 82  (Read 37961 times)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Spain 82
« on: February 18, 2010, 01:30:19 pm »
Stated a thread about Mexico 86 the other day and a lot of people said that, along with Spain 82 was their favourite World Cup. So here it goes then. :P

Italy added the 1982 World Cup title to crowns from 1934 and 1938 by knocking off West Germany 3-1 in the final in Madrid's Santiago Bernabeu. Paolo Rossi won the Golden Shoe award as top scorer with six goals.

Bigger Tournament, New Format

The 1982 World Cup was the last tournament to feature the fully leather ball. But it was the first to include 24 teams instead of 16. There was also a new format, broken down into three stages - six first round groups of four with the top two advancing to four groups of three teams in the second round. And then each of those group winners moved to the semi-finals. The tournament ran from June 13-July 11, 1982.

Six Newcomers, No Two-Time Runners-Up Netherlands

There were six teams making their first World Cup appearance - Algeria, Cameroon, El Salvador, Honduras, Kuwait, New Zealand. But none of them playing was as big as the news that the Netherlands did not even qualify after reaching the final in 1974 and 1978.

Youngest Player In World Cup History

Pele's showing in 1958 had been the mark for the youngest player in World Cup history until Northern Ireland's Norman Whiteside started the 1982 event at 17 years and 41 days.

Italy Advance From First Round On Goals Scored

Cameroon played to scoreless draws against Poland and Peru before gaining a 1-1 draw against Italy in Group 1. But the Africans went home without losing a match as Poland and Italy advanced - the Italians only because they had scored one more goal than Cameroon.

Algeria Surprise West Germany, Northern Ireland Wins Group

Algeria shocked European champions West Germany 2-1 but failed to advance from Group 2 as the Germans beat Austria 1-0 and both teams moved on. England won all three games in Group 4 to move to the second round with France while Belgium and holders Argentina got through Group 3 and Brazil were perfect in Group 6 in moving on with the Soviet Union. Perhaps the biggest surprise of the first round was Northern Ireland taking Group 5 honors by beating fellow second rounders and hosts Spain and sending Yugoslavia home.

El Salvador Gives Up 10 Goals

While other debutants like Cameroon, Algeria and Northern Ireland were thrilling fans, El Salvador set a mark of their own in their 10-1 loss against Hungary, becoming the first team in World Cup history to allow 10 goals.

All-European Semi-Finals

Italy more than just survived an extremely difficult second round by holding on to beat defending champions Argentina 2-1 and then Paolo Rossi scored a hat-trick in a 3-2 victory over Brazil, who needed only a draw to advance. West Germany used a 2-1 victory over Spain to advance against the hosts and England. Zbigniew Boniek scored a hat-trick as Poland's 3-0 win against Belgium was enough to advance over the Soviet Union. And France completed the all-European semi-finals thanks to Alain Giresse and Dominique Rocheteau each scoring two goals in a 4-1 win over Northern Ireland.

Italy Too Much Without Boniek, Germans Win On Penalties

Poland were without the suspended Boniek for the semi-finals and offered little resistance to Italy, who saw Rossi score twice in a 2-0 victory. The other semi was a thriller which was 1-1 after regular time. France jumped ahead 3-1 in extra time but the Germans came back to equalize and force penalties, which they won 5-4 as German keeper Harald Schumacher saved Maxime Bossis's shot and Horst Hrubech struck the winner. The game was marred by Schumacher knocking France's Patrick Battiston unconscious midway through the second half.

Rossi Helps Italy To Title

Golden Shoe winner Rossi scored his tournament-high sixth goal to open the scoring in the 57th minute of the final. Marco Tardelli doubled the lead (69th) and Alessandro Altobelli (81st) finished off the Germans, who pulled one back in a 3-1 loss. And Italy finally had another title - 44 years after their last one.

Some great memories there. The Brazil team was probably one of the best of all time never to win a World Cup. Rossi's story after coming back from a ban was fairytale stuff, as was Gerry Armstrong's winner for Northern Ireland against Spain. Add this to Tardelli's celebration, Bryan Robson's 20 second goal against France and the semi final classic between West Germany and France and it probably contributes to the greatest World Cup in living memory. Do you agree?

:wave

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: Spain 82
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 01:44:54 pm »
there was some great moments and goals
zico against new zealand
socrates vs ussr

think it was eder? with the chip against scotland. david nareys goal wasnt too bad either

the schumacher thing was an utter disgrace. horrible tackle.

i used to love the foreign commentary on the final for altobellis goal "altobelli, ALTOBELLI ALTOBELLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

and of course tardellis celebration
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Paris Saint-Germain

• Kopite
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 02:57:06 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1sAM4-1LHc

schumacher is the worst piece of crap ever ...

Offline Trabolgan

• Anny Roader
  • "For The Honour"
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 09:18:26 pm »
The Brazil v Italy game is one of the great great games in football history.
For The Honour

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 09:59:51 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1sAM4-1LHc

schumacher is the worst piece of crap ever ...

Come on, be fair, it was an accidental collision
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline sheff-jim

• Legacy Fan
  • Schizophrenic?! I'm bleeding Quadrophenic
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 10:10:47 pm »
The first world cup I can really remember. A few memories

- Robson scoring after about 30 seconds v France
- Italy v Brazil what a game
- Keegan & Brooking being injured for the tournament and only coming on as sub in the last game
- England getting knocked out despite not losing a game!
- Scotland defensive shambles v USSR (Alan Hansen take a bow)
- Kuwait walking off the pitch against France
- Scotland taking the lead against Brazil ("David Narey coming through from right back...")
- Maradona's tackle v Brazil (took someone out about waist high and got sent off)
- Schumacher, the dirty bastard
- "This time, we'll get it right"
- Alan Rough. How did someone so inept ever play in a word cup. twice.
- West Germany and Austria fixing the last group game, so they both went through at the expense of Algeria
- Algeria beating West Germany

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 10:28:30 pm »
do you remember how weird the squad numbers were

some teams did it alphabetically. ossie ardiles wore number 1 for the argies. their goalie wore number 8 i think

then trevor brooking looked weird with number 3. keegan was allowed to choose 7 and the goalkeepers werent involved alphabetically

england had some selection of keepers. joe corrigan and ray clemence backing up shilton

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 10:32:00 pm »
Falcao, Junior, Socrates, Zico what a team. and France not quite as good as in 84 but still fabulous.

Getting me excited about this years now

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 10:45:02 pm »
Falcao, Junior, Socrates, Zico what a team. and France not quite as good as in 84 but still fabulous.

Getting me excited about this years now
theres ppl in my job who worked there then

and i love their stories about it. how they used to go over to the pub after work and watch games all night on the piss

sounded great

my mam was pregnant with me at the time

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 10:52:23 pm »
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline Smithy.

• Main Stander
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 12:32:10 am »

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 07:25:52 am »

my mam was pregnant with me at the time

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 11:01:14 am »

ahhhh that would be brilliant

thats in the signature now  8)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 11:03:49 am by HELLRAZOR »

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 02:09:04 pm »
- West Germany and Austria fixing the last group game, so they both went through at the expense of Algeria

that was an absolute scandal.

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 10:44:45 pm »
I will always remember this as the best World Cup in my lifetime to date.  Putting the West Germany / Austria scandal to the back of the pile

The Brazilian side was the best footballing team on the planet, bar none. However the Paulo Rossi hatrick seen them off in one of the best games of football I have ever seen, absolute amazement worldwide as they lost. They where the darlings for all the right reasons, Zico, the late Socrates, Eder, Falcao , Junior , Cerezo, these where a dream team to wank over all night long.

Offline andy in warrington

• ...wanking in the work bogs
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 10:54:34 pm »
We were on holiday at Pontins in Blackpool for one of the weeks this world cup was on, and I remember watching England v West Germany on a normal size TV in the TV lounge. 0-0 draw.
Pontins in Blackpool wasn't as good as Pontins in Prestatyn.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 11:24:30 pm »
First World Cup i remember. Remember Rossi's celebration in the Final.
Harold Schumacher's assault on the French striker on Patrick Battiston in the Semi & Schumacher never even got booked.  :o
England scoring in the first 30 seconds v France, then Keegan missing that header in a must win game v Spain.
Northern Ireland shocking the World with a win against the hosts.
The Germany-Austria fix, main reason why the last group games kick off at the same time was introduced.
#Sausages

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 11:50:27 pm »
The first World Cup I properly remember, on the night of the final, aged 12, I was travelling on a long coach journey from Cornwall to Paris, the first night of a school trip. We listened to the game on the radio and when it ended the driver said we had an hour to spare before we got to Dover. We took a diversion into London. Going through Trafalgar Square that night, I will never forget the scenes I saw out of that coach window, ecstatic Italians dancing in the fountains, flags waving, it was pandemonium, a memory that will stay with me forever.

That Brazilian team was just brilliant.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Spain 82
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 11:25:26 am »
I remember the Brazil Scotland  game being shown live during a schoolboys footy presentation night I was at, everyone all around a tv watching Brazil play some fabulous footy, luvd Eder's chip. No one mentioned Keegan missing an open goal against Germany yet?

Didnt really rate Ainsdale pontins btw.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline David Healy...

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 01:22:17 pm »
Wasn't born at the time, but I was brought up on the magical tales of Northern Ireland's superb win over Spain  :P

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 01:45:21 pm »
First World Cup i remember. Remember Rossi's celebration in the Final.
Harold Schumacher's assault on the French striker on Patrick Battiston in the Semi & Schumacher never even got booked.  :o
England scoring in the first 30 seconds v France, then Keegan missing that header in a must win game v Spain.
Northern Ireland shocking the World with a win against the hosts.
The Germany-Austria fix, main reason why the last group games kick off at the same time was introduced.

Surely you mean Marco Tardelli's celebration ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XOL8o-3TZ8

Remember this celebration clearly too :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu_RQIMWSiY

The first world cup that I remember - one that had so many amazing players and memorable moments.
That legendary Brazil team - so beautiful to watch and definitely the greatest team never to win it.

Remember me & my mates putting our pocket money together to buy one of the all leather footballs - think it was called a Tango ?  From then on you had to do a Tardelli or Falcao if you scored....   ;D

'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 02:33:44 pm »
I will always remember this as the best World Cup in my lifetime to date.  Putting the West Germany / Austria scandal to the back of the pile

The Brazilian side was the best footballing team on the planet, bar none. However the Paulo Rossi hatrick seen them off in one of the best games of football I have ever seen, absolute amazement worldwide as they lost. They where the darlings for all the right reasons, Zico, the late Socrates, Eder, Falcao , Junior , Cerezo, these where a dream team to wank over all night long.

Thats what I miss from international football these days, theres hardly any teams you could jack off over. Sad times
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline Spanish Fan

• Battles Babelfish Brilliantly
  • Legacy Fan
  • מגדל בבל
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 02:58:52 pm »
I wanted Spain to win, but that was just wishful thinking . Appalling and got to the next stage thanks to the referees with the mighty Honduras, Northern Ireland and Yugoslavia as group companions.

Then, of course Brazil. That Italy Brazil had a serious impact (for the worse) on how the game was played afterwards. And then France succumbed to the prgamatism and physical superiority of the Germans.

Italy as usual from low to high, playing better as the tournament advanced.
Argentina, with probably their best side ever were a huge disappointment.
利物浦, 리버풀, Λίβερπουλ, リヴァプール, ليفربول, Liberpul

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 03:51:29 pm »
Best mascot

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 04:12:07 pm »
Gateano Scirea was pretty good no?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Nana

• Nacedonian Nastodon
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 05:25:30 pm »

Absolutely spot on.

Barca are looking like Stoke, compared to that Brazilian team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVA1JHdDTx0

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 09:55:25 am »
glad the thread was revived for this alone

I remember the Brazil Scotland  game being shown live during a schoolboys footy presentation night I was at, everyone all around a tv watching Brazil play some fabulous footy, luvd Eder's chip. No one mentioned Keegan missing an open goal against Germany yet?

Didnt really rate Ainsdale pontins btw.
keegans was against spain, was mentioned already. he didnt play any other game in the world cup (ever)

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Spain 82
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 12:09:57 pm »
Oh yeah thats right, long time ago.

Edit: just thinking about KK not playin another world cup finals game- he deserved to after the header against Italy in the 2-0 win in the final qualifier for 78. What a shame that was.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 10:36:49 pm by tray fenny »
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2012, 11:29:05 am »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 11:39:11 am »
Weird this got bumped, I bought a Spain 82 shirt yesterday!
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 11:44:31 am »
Oh yeah thats right, long time ago.

Edit: just thinking about KK not playin another world cup finals game- he deserved to after the header against Italy in the 2-0 win in the final qualifier for 78. What a shame that was.

Shocking that a great player like KK only got to play a few minutes in the World Cup as England never qualified for 74 & 78 & KK was injured for 2 England games in 82.

On a side note the Government were considering pulling England/Scotland & Northern Ireland out of the 82 World Cup. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20856004
#Sausages

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2017, 08:41:17 am »
Not got a future here and nobody else wants him badly enough to pay the money we want for him. Sad times for the big fella.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2017, 08:43:18 am »
Not got a future here and nobody else wants him badly enough to pay the money we want for him. Sad times for the big fella.
ya what?

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2017, 08:55:15 am »
Must be on about Sakho but not sure if he played at Spain 82.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2017, 08:58:30 am »
Must be on about Sakho but not sure if he played at Spain 82.

He was dropped from the French squad for disciplinary problems on the eve of the tournament if my memory serves me.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2017, 09:10:17 am »
He was dropped from the French squad for disciplinary problems on the eve of the tournament if my memory serves me.
it was the final straw when he didnt turn up for the 1978 world cup

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2017, 09:12:01 am »

If Sakho's on the pitch there, there's no way Bryan Robson scores that goal after 27 seconds.

Hidalgo out.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2017, 11:15:51 am »
Zbigniew Boniek all the way for me. His hatty against Belgium was fucking glorious

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CIHP8NQX4Pc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CIHP8NQX4Pc</a>

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2017, 11:49:10 am »
Brazil's matches from the 1982 World Cup...

Wikipedia Page for the 1982 World Cup - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_FIFA_World_Cup

Wikipedia Page for Brazil at the 1982 World Cup - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_at_the_1982_FIFA_World_Cup

FIFA's 1982 World Cup 'Archive Site' - www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/spain1982

FIFA have also made every World Cup match played between 1970-2018 available to watch for free, here - www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/archive?filters=3oN3YY1ihoEBFyDMZr5k9V

'Brazil World Cup 1982 - All Qualification Matches Highlights | Road to Spain':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PpH37Q06UKU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PpH37Q06UKU</a>

1st Group Stage, Brazil's 1st match : Brasil 2 - 1 Soviet Union : 9 minute highlights...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/d8-Avkl12vo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/d8-Avkl12vo</a>

1st Group Stage, Brazil's 2nd match : Brasil 4 - 1 Scotland : 9 minute highlights...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/x-lgJhIa8WA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/x-lgJhIa8WA</a>

1st Group Stage, Brazil's 3rd match : Brasil 4 - 0 New Zealand : 14 minute highlights...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oUmHrw_uUXI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oUmHrw_uUXI</a>

2nd Group Stage, Brazil's 4th match : Brasil 3 - 1 Argentina : 11 minute highlights...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6XfGF-m-W_4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6XfGF-m-W_4</a>

2nd Group Stage, Brazil's 5th match : Brasil 2 - 3 Italy : 9 minute highlights...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/b1MdTuULJ6U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/b1MdTuULJ6U</a>

And that was the end of the tournament for Brazil - only 1 team qualified from each group in the 2nd Group Stage...

Italy were the qualifying team from that group - and went on to win the World Cup (beating Poland 2-0 in the semi-final, and beating West Germany 3-1 in the Final).

RAWK's 'Spain 82' (Brazil at 1982 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=254153.msg15527353#msg15527353

RAWK's 'Mexico 86' (Brazil at 1986 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=253812.msg17618061#msg17618061

RAWK's 'Italy 90' (Brazil at 1990 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=249256.msg17628353#msg17628353

RAWK's 'USA 94' (Brazil at 1994 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=249814.msg17629538#msg17629538

RAWK's 'France 98' (Brazil at 1998 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=248571.msg17634054#msg17634054

RAWK's 'Japan / Korea 02' (Brazil at 2002 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=250045.msg17634141#msg17634141

RAWK's 'Germany 06' (Brazil at 2006 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=250691.msg17678099#msg17678099

RAWK's 'South Africa 10' (Brazil at 2010 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=250594.msg18415353#msg18415353

RAWK's 'Brazil 14' (Brazil at 2014 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=315133.msg18415373#msg18415373

RAWK's 'Russia 18' (Brazil at 2018 World Cup) thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=117059.msg18417424#msg18417424

RAWK's Socrates thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=279970.msg15732805#msg15732805

RAWK's 'Pele - A reminder of Greatness' thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303945.0

RAWK's 'Brazil 1970 - The best International side ever?' thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=237937.msg17602031#msg17602031

RAWK's 'Brazil - Are they all they're cracked up to be?' thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=117059.msg1899189

RAWK's 'Greatest World Cup Moments' thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=250295.msg17489735#msg17489735

RAWK's 'Your favourite World Cup goal' thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=314103.0

FIFA's official youtube playlist for 'Brazil's Greatest 100 World Cup Goals' - www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCGIzmTE4d0gX9KR7I4-sr2O6PtwMi_vE

'All Brasil's matches in the 1982 FIFA World Cup':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DEYEmD-NmhI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DEYEmD-NmhI</a>

1982 World Cup Story of Brazil | All Matches | Highlights & Best Moments...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6uQ75v3qOvM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6uQ75v3qOvM</a>

Brasil 1982 - The 11 Greatest Goals...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zZxvYy5-ekI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zZxvYy5-ekI</a>

'Brasil - best goals from World Cup 1982 Spain':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SOZp3PiNIZY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SOZp3PiNIZY</a>

'Brazil 1982 - All Goals, with plays and replays':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9WajqcbEVZs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9WajqcbEVZs</a>

'Brasil 82 - O time que perdeu a Copa e conquistou o mundo':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8t-rSlj3vfg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8t-rSlj3vfg</a>

'Brazil 1982 ● Greatest Team Ever ||HD||':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KxyENH_ODJA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KxyENH_ODJA</a>

Brazil 1982 - A tribute to the art of football...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jnoz4NuYMU8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jnoz4NuYMU8</a>

^ also available here to watch (a fantastic 8 minute video) - www.dailymotion.com/video/x2pr50j

'Brazil 1982 | A tribute to the art of football - REMASTERED'...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/l6U82TJX0F4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/l6U82TJX0F4</a>

Football's Greatest International Teams - Brazil 1982...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WUDIBfHKCDs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WUDIBfHKCDs</a>

Seleção Brasileira - 1982...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Jeei3_chBJc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Jeei3_chBJc</a>

Brazil 1982 - O Jogo Bonito...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wh7vXZzko_M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wh7vXZzko_M</a>

Brasil 1982 - A Seleção que perdeu o título e conquistou o mundo!...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2sRavsbIvXY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2sRavsbIvXY</a>

'Futebol Arte: The story of Brazil's 1982 FIFA World Cup team' - 2022; a 55 minute documentary from FIFA:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RfIvpCgIUU0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RfIvpCgIUU0</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/RfIvpCgIUU0

Todos os Jogos do Brasil na Copa do Mundo 1982...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/I9ZaCxicgRA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/I9ZaCxicgRA</a>

Sócrates, the elegance of football... (not exclusively from the '82 World Cup - but a bloody great video and a great one to chill out to... :))

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fyDn6dKaxgs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fyDn6dKaxgs</a>

^ RAWK's Socrates (RIP) thread - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=279970.0

^ a proper team, that ;D

A few articles on the great and memorable team...

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2018/05/31/brazil-1982-the-most-gifted-but-ultimately-flawed-midfield-in-history

https://gameofthepeople.com/2019/09/05/the-1982-brazilians-footballs-last-cavaliers

www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/jul/25/italy-brazil-1982

www.planetworldcup.com/SPECIALS/brazil82.html

https://rioandlearn.com/brazil-1982

www.espn.com/soccer/blog/name/93/post/1845214/headline

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/blogs/rio-diaries/beauty-comes-with-a-calculated-risk-now-the-1982-brazil-side-were-the-last-to-prioritise-the-beauty-of-football

www.the42.ie/brazil-1982-world-cup-cult-teams-1488441-Jun2014

https://backpagefootball.com/the-world-cups-greatest-games-italy-v-brazil-1982/125225

https://nixolympia.com/brazils-1982-world-cup-team-are-feted-as-heroes-but-zico-claims-italy-defeat-scarred-the-game

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/417384-world-cup-the-greatest-final-that-never-was-1982

www.thesportsman.com/articles/the-book-that-travels-back-to-1982-and-brazil-s-most-famous-footballing-failure

https://footballbookreviews.com/reviews/book-review-1982-brazil-the-glorious-failure-by-stuart-horsfield

https://the18.com/en/node/16731

« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 06:45:01 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2017, 12:08:10 pm »
Just wanted to say kudos and thanks to sinnermichael for creating many of these quality World Cup threads...

Spain 1982, Mexico 1986, Italy 1990, USA 1994, France 1998, Japan/South Korea 2002, and Germany 2006. Also South Africa 2010, and a Brazil 2014 thread too...

...are all well worth a good look through. :thumbup

Wikipedia Page for the 1982 World Cup - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_FIFA_World_Cup

FIFA's 1982 World Cup website - https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/spain1982

Official 1982 World Cup film - www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/1982-spain-fifa-world-cup-official-film/803113800513355

www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/archive - and then select 'Archive', then 'World Cup', then which World Cup you'd like to see video footage of... (highlights or full match replays etc)

FIFA have also made every World Cup match played between 1970-2018 available to watch for free, here - www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/archive?filters=3oN3YY1ihoEBFyDMZr5k9V

RAWK's 'Socrates' thread - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=279970.msg15732805#msg15732805

RAWK's Greatest World Cup Moment? thread - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=250295.0

RAWK's 'Your favourite World Cup goal' thread - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=314103.msg12828067#msg12828067

'What made Spain so ’82?':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/skFgoys2mwg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/skFgoys2mwg</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/skFgoys2mwg

'1982 World Cup Preview' - 1 hour video on ITV:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uHwiCD0yNB4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uHwiCD0yNB4</a>

'BBC1 - World Cup report' (with opening titles):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UI3R26LJVfI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UI3R26LJVfI</a>

'ITV 1982 World Cup Titles':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EDZ6ZwqkEto" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EDZ6ZwqkEto</a>

'England World Cup Squad 82 - This Time' (official England song):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uO844xT7ivE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uO844xT7ivE</a>

'Scotland World Cup Squad 1982 - We Have A Dream':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gmzDOqUdu8A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gmzDOqUdu8A</a>

All the goals from the 1982 World Cup:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6UP-iFI1AlY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6UP-iFI1AlY</a>

'World Cup 1982 in Spain. All Goals HD':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sJZqlW7MTLE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sJZqlW7MTLE</a>

Official 1982 World Cup film:-

www.facebook.com/Football-Nostalgia-103039391382854/videos/1982-spain-fifa-world-cup-official-film/803113800513355

'FIFA World Cup Espana 1982 best moments':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CQc7shFYGy0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CQc7shFYGy0</a>

'Match of The World Cup 1982 (BBC 2002)':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/k86PW29AQ_M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/k86PW29AQ_M</a>

'The 1982 World Cup | The Best Ever?':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gwNlubjW-W8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gwNlubjW-W8</a>

'The surprises of the 1982 World Cup':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AhPeLZERyx8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AhPeLZERyx8</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhPeLZERyx8

'Spain 0 - 1 Northern Ireland (25/06/1982) - Gerry Armstrong's Goal':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cSMUXZXdqfc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cSMUXZXdqfc</a>

'Austria - Irlanda Del Nord 2-2':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/29ubHt-K9yk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/29ubHt-K9yk</a>

'England 3-1 France : the goals':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/k_uzW1M52xs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/k_uzW1M52xs</a>

'BONIEK: hat-trick against Belgium in 1982':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CIHP8NQX4Pc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CIHP8NQX4Pc</a>

Brasil 4 - 1 Scotland:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/x-lgJhIa8WA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/x-lgJhIa8WA</a>

'USSR vs Scotland 2 - 2':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Q8upRPrgxh0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Q8upRPrgxh0</a>

'West Germany 1-2 Algeria | 1982 World Cup | Match Highlights':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fBWJS27wgZs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fBWJS27wgZs</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/fBWJS27wgZs

'The most controversial match in World Cup history | Oh My Goal' (West Germany vs Austria - 1982 World Cup):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/q_aK0b_GKrk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/q_aK0b_GKrk</a>

'Germany 1-0 Austria' (final minute of the game where the crowd and tv commentators let the players & audience know their feelings on what took place):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1n9WQYq7u9M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1n9WQYq7u9M</a>

^ 'The Disgrace of Gijón' Wikipedia page - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgrace_of_Gij%C3%B3n

'Algeria victims of 1982 'disgrace'' - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/26708385

'The day in 1982 when the world wept for Algeria' - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/jun/13/1982-world-cup-algeria

'World Cup moments: 1982’s ‘Disgrace of Gijón’' - www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/international/world-cup-moments-1982-s-disgrace-of-gij%C3%B3n-1.3479123

'The Most Controversial Match In World Cup History' - www.mentalfloss.com/article/57466/disgrace-gijon-most-controversial-match-world-cup-history

'The Disgrace of Gijon: The Match That Changed World Cup Football' - https://www.amusingplanet.com/2020/09/the-disgrace-of-gijon-match-that.html

'Italy v Brazil (Spain 1982) | FIFA World Cup | Full Match' (official FIFA video):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yBC02hKBTlQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yBC02hKBTlQ</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/yBC02hKBTlQ

'Brasil 2 x 3 Italy' (13 minutes):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/b1MdTuULJ6U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/b1MdTuULJ6U</a>

The 1982 World Cup Semi-Finals...

'Poland 0 - 2 Italy : 1982 World Cup Semi-Final | Match Highlights':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sO41FCB7TFI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sO41FCB7TFI</a>

'West Germany 3-3 France (5-4 PSO) | 1982 World Cup Semi-Final | Match Highlights' (9 minutes)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dyv0jTkOky8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dyv0jTkOky8</a>

'Schumacher's Shocking Collision On Battiston | Spain 1982 | FIFA World Cup':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tGq7VcaHoqo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tGq7VcaHoqo</a>

The 1982 World Cup Final...

'1982: World Cup Final build-up' (8 minutes; BBC footage):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hSLqdKRQ-bs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hSLqdKRQ-bs</a>

'1982 World Up Final : Italy 3 - 1 West Germany' (5 minute highlights):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aUYD4joNuvs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aUYD4joNuvs</a>

'Italy 3 x 1 Germany ● 1982 World Cup Final Extended Goals & Highlights' (10 minutes):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vIqhb-JZdR8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vIqhb-JZdR8</a>

'Marco Tardelli - Italy World Cup Final '82 goal':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_UdgoeIevhY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_UdgoeIevhY</a>

'1982 World Cup Story of Italy | All Matches | Highlights & Best Moments':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/J9RnuO1fZTU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/J9RnuO1fZTU</a>

'The Football Years S01E06 1982 Viva Espana' :-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cflbmSW6uMc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cflbmSW6uMc</a>

'Panini Album FIFA "World Cup Espana 82"':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dcGPegzV5g8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dcGPegzV5g8</a>

'World Cup 1982 - BBC Montage':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Pa8VMNjp0c8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Pa8VMNjp0c8</a>

'Tango España 1982':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sdL-m2JbNzQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sdL-m2JbNzQ</a>

A few articles on the 1982 World Cup...

www.footballhistory.org/world-cup/1982-spain.html

www.thesportsman.com/articles/forgotten-men-how-england-went-out-of-the-1982-world-cup-without-losing-a-game

www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/past-times/4398945/falklands-war-1982-world-cup

www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1124223/war-and-the-1982-world-cup

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/25102176

http://carousel.royalwebhosting.net/itv/WorldCup82.html

www.planetworldcup.com/CUPS/1982/wc82index.html

www.voicesofeastanglia.com/2012/07/football-world-cup-1982.html

www.thefootballhistoryboys.com/2021/03/1982-world-cup-disgrace-of-gijon.html

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/northern-irelands-1982-world-cup-victory-over-spain-and-the-celebrations-that-followed-will-never-be-forgotten-norman-whiteside-41788348.html

https://punditarena.com/uncategorized/thepateam/when-yer-man-gets-the-ball-northern-ireland-1982-world-cup

www.arabnews.com/node/1689261/sport

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2018/06/19/the-spain-before-greatness-world-cup-1982

https://scroll.in/field/881809/a-brief-history-of-fifa-world-cup-spain-1982-when-brazil-thrilled-the-world-but-italy-won-the-cup

« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 02:29:08 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576