Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1405263 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #5400 on: February 10, 2019, 04:22:48 pm »
Got to keep winning. We don't win very often at Old Trafford, but we need to. Someway somehow, we need to.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5401 on: February 10, 2019, 04:23:40 pm »
Got to keep winning. We don't win very often at Old Trafford, but we need to. Someway somehow, we need to.

We don’t need to
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5402 on: February 10, 2019, 04:28:26 pm »
We don’t need to

Disagree.
We need to win and will go there to win.
Not playing against Mourinho will help as well.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5403 on: February 10, 2019, 04:29:05 pm »
We don’t need to

Mathematically no we don't need to, but in terms of confidence and momentum, we absolutely need to.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5404 on: February 10, 2019, 04:36:35 pm »
Mathematically no we don't need to, but in terms of confidence and momentum, we absolutely need to.

No we don’t

It’s February. We’ve 11 games after and the absolute worst position we’ll be in after that game is level on points and significantly behind on goal difference. A draw would be absolutely fine.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5405 on: February 10, 2019, 04:41:09 pm »
No we don’t

It’s February. We’ve 11 games after and the absolute worst position we’ll be in after that game is level on points and significantly behind on goal difference. A draw would be absolutely fine.

A draw as a consolation - maybe.
But it’s the kind of game where I see us going all out, risking a loss - just to get the win. We’ve lost the buffer, there is no margin for error now and it’s about keeping the pressure on City - that’s the main reason we must win. A slip for us there and they’ll be flying high.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #5406 on: February 10, 2019, 04:41:46 pm »
I think city after today are capable of reaching 94-95 points! Question is can we get to 95-96 to win it??!!

who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5407 on: February 10, 2019, 04:44:54 pm »
No we don’t

To keep pressure on City yeah we do imo. The more we win the more pressure they're under.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 04:46:42 pm by deFacto »

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #5408 on: February 10, 2019, 04:45:44 pm »
City have already secured the plastic cup

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5409 on: February 10, 2019, 04:56:25 pm »
A draw as a consolation - maybe.
But it’s the kind of game where I see us going all out, risking a loss - just to get the win. We’ve lost the buffer

Hmm, ironically we lose the buffer if we do go all out then lose instead of draw. Obviously we'll go for it but if it's level on 80 I'm not sure it's wise to turn it in to some mad basketball game. If we lose we'll need them to slip up, a draw and our hardest game left is done and it's still in our hands.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5410 on: February 10, 2019, 05:04:51 pm »
To keep pressure on City yeah we do imo. The more we win the more pressure they're under.

Pressures got fuck all to do with it. They’ll drop points, they dropped points a couple of games ago. They’ve shown they’ll drop points when they’ve got games every week and every midweek, and against not particularly good sides either.

It’s all rather annoying this narrative that they’ve ramped up the pressure. Last five games we’ve won three and drawn two. Last five they’ve won four and lost one. Same as Spurs. Go back another five and we’re better off than both.

So if we draw, or lose, against United we could really do without an influx of ‘well that’s it, we’ve blown it’

Offline arbiarbi

• Main Stander
« Reply #5411 on: February 10, 2019, 05:04:54 pm »
I think city after today are capable of reaching 94-95 points! Question is can we get to 95-96 to win it??!!
We Can do it!!!!!!! But I am sure City will not reach that... I am sure they can lose some points against Bournemouth,Palace,Man Utd,Burnley ... thats difficult away games, and champions league will start soon... But I completley believe that Liverpool can win ALL GAMES !!!!!! And we all have to believe in that !

City is good today, but this Chelsea is a disaster. I just hope Sarri will stay their manager till game against Liverpool....
Bournemouth won against them 4-0... What to expect against City ?
And City can try shot fridge not ball... They would even score it today... 5 shots, 4 in target and 4 goals, but Chelsea is really really bad today, and in last months...

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #5412 on: February 10, 2019, 05:13:03 pm »
Pressures got fuck all to do with it. They’ll drop points, they dropped points a couple of games ago. They’ve shown they’ll drop points when they’ve got games every week and every midweek, and against not particularly good sides either.

It’s all rather annoying this narrative that they’ve ramped up the pressure. Last five games we’ve won three and drawn two. Last five they’ve won four and lost one. Same as Spurs. Go back another five and we’re better off than both.

So if we draw, or lose, against United we could really do without an influx of ‘well that’s it, we’ve blown it’

Them dropping more points isn't a given. They've had their blip. We have 12 games to go and I think to win the title we'll have to win at least 10 of them.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5413 on: February 10, 2019, 05:18:28 pm »
Them dropping more points isn't a given. They've had their blip. We have 12 games to go and I think to win the title we'll have to win at least 10 of them.

Are we talking about their blip in December? Or the loss to Newcastle? Or is that an eight game blip we’re talking about?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5414 on: February 10, 2019, 05:22:46 pm »

Never said we've blown it nor did I say that they are putting the pressure on us. I am saying that we need to keep the pressure on them, they're the ones defending the title and chasing to win it again. I didn't say that they wouldn't drop points either.

Offline arbiarbi

• Main Stander
« Reply #5415 on: February 10, 2019, 05:24:34 pm »
there is no reason not to win all those games!
11 od 12 we are huge favorites, at Anfield we are favorites against everyone on the world! We are not big favorites just against Man Utd, and also we can do it there...
Against Everton I am sure we will win easy, they dont deserve to get anything, god will punish them  ;D All other away games are aganst teams from 4/4 of the table where we are huge favorites, they will fight, but we are team that wants to win tittle, and we should go there and win all!

EVERY GAME IS OUR WORLD CUP FINAL!!! 12 finals to heaven
We all have to believe, we all have to send positive energy to our players, that is what we can and must do to help our Liverpool to win that tittle!!!

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5416 on: February 10, 2019, 05:26:52 pm »
I'll take a draw at Old Trafford to be honest. They look half decent and our record there is pretty woeful regardless of form. I'd be looking at 3 points in every other game though, with Spurs/Everton the hardest of the rest.

City are good at racking up cricket scores and that's why I've always felt we shouldn't worry too much about GD. They're more susceptible to dropping points against shite teams though. Complacency/lack of focus I guess. Keep grinding out 1-0s like we were earlier in the season, let them keep winning 5-0 and then lose to some mid-table side.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Dudek savessssss.........!

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop Forum
« Reply #5417 on: February 10, 2019, 05:30:36 pm »
Chelsea getting dicked by City, so their fans start singing their Gerrard song  ???
There was a two-minute interlude where Liverpool’s three-man attack squared up against United’s three-man defence and basically stalked them back into their own penalty area, like battle-hardened mountain wolves closing in on a flock of geriatric sheep.  Barney Ronay at Anfield @barneyronay Sun 19 Jan 2020 20.36 GMT

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5418 on: February 10, 2019, 05:33:23 pm »
Never said we've blown it nor did I say that they are putting the pressure on us. I am saying that we need to keep the pressure on them, they're the ones defending the title and chasing to win it again. I didn't say that they wouldn't drop points either.

We don’t really know what we need to do at this point, there’s twelve games left. Almost a third of the season. The United game looks like our toughest game left by a fair way. Just don’t see why we’d start talking about it as must win. It’s the same sort of thing we saw before the City game, and the reaction after. It’s in our hands, it’s still in our hands and there’s a fuck tonne of football left to play.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a big result if we do win but I really don’t think there’s much to do with pressure. The games they lost didn’t particularly look like they felt pressurised, more that they got complacent. They almost did the same against Everton, and going back further even Watford.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #5419 on: February 10, 2019, 05:37:31 pm »
Beating United, especially if we give them a bossing, would be absolutely massive, could really be a victory that pushed us on to the title. We need to go there with the sole aim of taking 3 points.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #5420 on: February 10, 2019, 05:39:40 pm »
Even if we draw against united it will still be in our hands. We know a draw there and then 11 wins we will win the title. It does not matter if man city win 10-0 every match. They won't be able to catch us. But we have little margin for error now. Unless city drop points again. I have a feeling they won't beat palace away looking at their fixtures left. The team has to block out the media, opposition fans and pundits saying shite. Just listen to klopp, and treat every game as a cup final.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 05:43:50 pm by Ocean Red »

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #5421 on: February 10, 2019, 05:43:54 pm »
City had an off day those 3 times they lost to lesser teams, when they're on it you can see why they can win all their remaining games but they won't because they will put in a flat performance or two till the end especially with CL games involved.  As long as this blip is out of our system for good I think we stand an excellent chance of getting it done.

Offline Dansphinx

• Kemlynite
« Reply #5422 on: February 10, 2019, 05:48:38 pm »

Would still rather win 4 and lose 1...gain more points at the end of the day...

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #5423 on: February 10, 2019, 05:51:12 pm »
Also we know Man Utd are not strong in defence. Spurs should never have lost that game at Wembley. De Gea their hero. We will get chances against Man Utd. We just have to be clinical when we get our chances, Rashford is a danger, need the defence to keep him quiet. Remember they went 2-0 down to Burnley at Old Trafford the other week and they were lucky to scrape a draw in that game.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5424 on: February 10, 2019, 05:52:00 pm »
Spurs and Mnau could be the teams that decide the title

Also Chelsea better roll the fuck over like this for us too.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5425 on: February 10, 2019, 05:54:43 pm »
Would still rather win 4 and lose 1...gain more points at the end of the day...

Shit is that right?! Well you learn something new every day.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5426 on: February 10, 2019, 05:56:53 pm »

You are sounding as arrogant as they are, just causally dismissing every other team they're due to play. People by now should realise football is never that predictable.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5427 on: February 10, 2019, 06:01:41 pm »
You are sounding as arrogant as they are, just causally dismissing every other team they're due to play. People by now should realise football is never that predictable.

I say let them get on with it. There's nothing they can do about it as long as we do our job.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5428 on: February 10, 2019, 06:03:26 pm »
City lucked out playing Arsenal at the start of the season at the Emirates when they were a complete mess and Chelsea now that they're in a mess you just know that when we play them at Anfield they'll have sorted themselves out while Hazard does his occasional Messi/Ronaldo impersonation. It's going to be tough for us I think if we can beat United at Old Trafford it'll give us the self belief that might just get us over the line.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #5429 on: February 10, 2019, 06:06:50 pm »
Not Chelsea's job to help us not anyone else's we just gotta keep winning.

Reminds me of in 86 Blues ahead.. we won 11 out of 12 drew 1..it is the way

Just gotta have the balls to do it...think players have...fan base🤔

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5430 on: February 10, 2019, 06:07:19 pm »
We don’t need to

I disagree.

We do need to win.

Draws aren't good enough at this stage of the season and we need to maintain our lead for as long as we can. Plus it'll help our confidence.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5431 on: February 10, 2019, 06:08:31 pm »
I disagree.

We do need to win.

Draws aren't good enough at this stage of the season and we need to maintain our lead for as long as we can. Plus it'll help our confidence.

1 draw and 11 wins is good enough. That's assuming a side that have lost 3 in their last 10 go on to win their next 11
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 06:10:04 pm by Barneylfc »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5432 on: February 10, 2019, 06:09:22 pm »
A good win in our Champion's League game would really help, as it would give us some momentum on the back of yesterday. Going into OT with two good wins would give the players real belief. I'm excited, at least we don't have to face a Mourinho style game, it will be an open one.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5433 on: February 10, 2019, 06:10:32 pm »

They are more than capable of winning the rest of their games, however, if we win the rest of ours, or even draw one, then we are champions.

Basically, it's still in our own hands, but we need to focus on winning every single game that's left, just to make sure.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5434 on: February 10, 2019, 06:12:22 pm »
They are more than capable of winning the rest of their games, however, if we win the rest of ours, or even draw one, then we are champions.

Basically, it's still in our own hands, but we need to focus on winning every single game that's left, just to make sure.

Difficult to say - they have lost 3 in last ten
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5435 on: February 10, 2019, 06:12:22 pm »
1 draw and 11 wins is good enough. That's assuming a side that have lost 3 in their last 10 go on to win their next 11

We just need tunnel vision and try to win the rest of our games, take it one at a time and just win the 3 points.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5436 on: February 10, 2019, 06:12:50 pm »
A good win in our Champion's League game would really help, as it would give us some momentum on the back of yesterday. Going into OT with two good wins would give the players real belief. I'm excited, at least we don't have to face a Mourinho style game, it will be an open one.

No, they'll sit back and counter down the flanks and look to exploit any nerves at set pieces.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5437 on: February 10, 2019, 06:13:45 pm »
Difficult to say - they have lost 3 in last ten

I know, and they didn't look great against Arsenal, but they are a confidence team, which are capable of going on a big run.

We just need to keep the pressure up by winning.  Win win win, that's what will get us the title
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 06:15:37 pm by Red-Soldier »

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5438 on: February 10, 2019, 06:14:31 pm »

We need to ignore City for now, just concentrate on ourselves. I know some were in favour of losing in the CL, but I think its important we try and win those games too, we need momentum to do that, the CL will help us regain that. Then as you say its down to us.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5439 on: February 10, 2019, 06:16:07 pm »
No, they'll sit back and counter down the flanks and look to exploit any nerves at set pieces.

There is no way they are going sit back at OT, he's already stated that United are an attacking team I would be amazed if he did that, I would still back us to get a result though even if he did.