Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1409679 times)

Offline ATEAMOFCARRAGHERS

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #5360 on: February 9, 2019, 06:42:12 pm »
These rest periods will come back for us come March April time. Those crucial games v Spurs and Chelsea we should be in good nick. Ox and Gomez hopefully back too.
15/4/89 never forgotten.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #5361 on: February 9, 2019, 06:52:15 pm »
I think it will help that our next game isn’t a league game IMO.
YWNA

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5362 on: February 9, 2019, 07:25:32 pm »
I think it will help that our next game isn’t a league game IMO.

Yep. That Bayern game will be fantastic.

Online Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5363 on: February 9, 2019, 07:33:13 pm »
Yep. That Bayern game will be fantastic.

Yep, away from the league conversation and back to what we do best, taking it to the cream of Europe under the Anfield lights.

Can't wait

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #5364 on: February 9, 2019, 07:47:59 pm »
As the league stands tonight, we have everyone in the bottom six still to play. Not sure if this is a good thing or not but we’ve got to be looking at taking near enough maximum points.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5365 on: February 9, 2019, 08:31:01 pm »
As the league stands tonight, we have everyone in the bottom six still to play. Not sure if this is a good thing or not but we’ve got to be looking at taking near enough maximum points.

Fingers crossed 3 of the 6 are already dead and buried, 2 are so far...

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5366 on: February 9, 2019, 08:34:46 pm »

It's great, they are all shite.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #5367 on: February 9, 2019, 08:36:27 pm »
Fingers crossed 3 of the 6 are already dead and buried, 2 are so far...
Absolutely

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #5368 on: February 9, 2019, 08:36:59 pm »
It's great, they are all shite.
Fingers crossed Derek.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5369 on: February 9, 2019, 08:50:52 pm »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #5370 on: February 9, 2019, 09:02:37 pm »
Who's Derek?
Geezer from darn south, Peckham way, brother called Rodney.

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5371 on: February 9, 2019, 09:16:52 pm »
I see man city dropped to 2nd today.....bottlers.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #5372 on: February 9, 2019, 09:26:55 pm »
Fucking hell, how big is that United game going to be on the 24th taking everything into consideration.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5373 on: February 9, 2019, 09:41:55 pm »
Fucking hell, how big is that United game going to be on the 24th taking everything into consideration.
every game will be huge from now on. The tottenham and chelsea games won't be any less huge.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #5374 on: February 9, 2019, 09:54:44 pm »
every game will be huge from now on. The tottenham and chelsea games won't be any less huge.

They may as well be bigger, but we won't know until they come around. In terms of the history of the fixture itself and the fact that it's our game in hand over City to maintain a 3+ points lead, it's the biggest United - Liverpool game in more than a decade.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5375 on: February 9, 2019, 09:59:43 pm »
They'll be well and truly up for it, they'll play their socks off guaranteed. We should work twice as hard as them, really need to stick it to them and get rid of this false confidence they're getting all of a sudden.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5376 on: February 9, 2019, 10:25:42 pm »
They'll be well and truly up for it, they'll play their socks off guaranteed. We should work twice as hard as them, really need to stick it to them and get rid of this false confidence they're getting all of a sudden.

Dunno if it's false confidence. They're winning games and like it or not, there's plenty of talent in the team. Added to that theyre at home and will desperately want to win. It'll be a tough game for us.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #5377 on: February 9, 2019, 10:31:13 pm »
We've won 'tough games' all last season and this season.
Can't see why we can't get a good result against Utd next.
We'll have quite a bit of rest before the game too.
We are extemely dangerous in big games on the counter attack.
Utd will be more wary of us than we will be of them.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #5378 on: February 9, 2019, 11:00:21 pm »
If someone offered you 4pts from Utd and Watford right now, would you take it? Obviously tomorrow’s game will have a bearing on the answer but I probably would considering the form Utd are in right now.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5379 on: February 9, 2019, 11:01:42 pm »
If someone offered you 4pts from Utd and Watford right now, would you take it? Obviously tomorrow’s game will have a bearing on the answer but I probably would considering the form Utd are in right now.

If city drop points tomorrow, yeah I'd take that. Watford are a tough team after all 😂

Offline Fernando_Torres_Was_Good

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #5380 on: February 9, 2019, 11:08:58 pm »

They have to lose eventually and start to return to their real level. Why not against the league leaders. Would be hilarious if we beat them at Old Trafford to deny them a CL place, and potentially push us towards a title.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #5381 on: February 9, 2019, 11:10:55 pm »
Every game is a cup final and like cup finals we won't get our way in all of them. What must be remembered is that City won't get their way in all their games either. It will go right down to the wire and whoever wins the league won't do so easily.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5382 on: February 9, 2019, 11:13:33 pm »
So many times at Old Trafford we only seem to start playing once we go one, usually two down.

The positive is, although our wins there are rare, they generally come when we’re strong and challenging.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5383 on: February 9, 2019, 11:16:19 pm »
Could really do with Chelsea getting something tomorrow - City's next 3 league games after that looks very winnable.

My head says we are going to need minimum 8 points from 12 from United Everton Chelsea and Spurs games.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5384 on: February 9, 2019, 11:28:49 pm »
Could really do with Chelsea getting something tomorrow - City's next 3 league games after that looks very winnable.

My head says we are going to need minimum 8 points from 12 from United Everton Chelsea and Spurs games.

Trying not to overthink things for a bit.

Not really looking at City’s fixtures but most will look winnable but you never know. After tomorrow their toughest two look to be United and Spurs and they play both after we play them. Gives us hope even if they do edge ahead I guess.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #5385 on: February 10, 2019, 02:56:07 am »
Trying not to overthink things for a bit.

Not really looking at City’s fixtures but most will look winnable but you never know. After tomorrow their toughest two look to be United and Spurs and they play both after we play them. Gives us hope even if they do edge ahead I guess.
It's double wammy! If we beat United, they will try to "react" against City, same with Spurs.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5386 on: February 10, 2019, 03:44:00 am »
It's double wammy! If we beat United, they will try to "react" against City, same with Spurs.

If we continue to do the business, they can react all they want.. it's in our hands.. not theirs..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline v2krules

• Main Stander
« Reply #5387 on: February 10, 2019, 03:48:34 am »
Don't know why people are worried about United. We will thrash United. You can quote me later.

United had a terrible game against Spurs but fluked their way to a 1-0 win due to some really poor finishing and DeGea doing an Allison. United camped that game away to Spurs and still got mauled. They are not likely to do that at OT. This will play into Klopp. My prediction is 3-1.

Mourinho's United would have been more difficult. This OLE United is what Klopp's Gegen Pressing is made for. We will eat them for breakfast. Logic says easy 3-1 for Liverpool.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #5388 on: February 10, 2019, 05:04:44 am »
Since Jose got sacked they’ve played Cardiff, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Spurs, Brighton, Burnley, Leicester and Fulham. On another day they lose the Spurs game 3-1/4-1 if De Gea doesn’t stand on his head. Burnley should have beaten them at Old Trafford.

However, saying this I am convinced they will put absolutely everything into playing us. I doubt they will even put that much of a shift in against City because Ole seems to be of the same school as Fergie, where you simply have to try and stop Liverpool. I still think we will beat them.

I’m in CL mode now so we’ll see what happens after Bayern.
YWNA

Offline Soucolorado

• Main Stander
« Reply #5389 on: February 10, 2019, 11:08:03 am »
So many times at Old Trafford we only seem to start playing once we go one, usually two down.

The positive is, although our wins there are rare, they generally come when we’re strong and challenging.

True. Our previous two title challenges in 2008/9 and 2013/14 both featured convincing victories at Old Trafford, albeit against two very different United teams. One was at their peak of their powers under Ferguson while the other was well and truly playing in the image of Moyes.

Title winning teams generally have one or two landmark away wins that imbues everyone with a lot of belief, think Leicester against City in 2016. This game could well be that for us. I know Klopp and the boys will be determined to put in a great performance and burst the Ole bubble.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #5390 on: February 10, 2019, 02:55:05 pm »
Spurs are such spawny cnuts!!!! I fucking hate them!
Varys penalty save then minute later a 2nd

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5391 on: February 10, 2019, 03:28:21 pm »

Absolutely.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5392 on: February 10, 2019, 03:36:01 pm »
Spurs are such spawny cnuts!!!! I fucking hate them!
Varys penalty save then minute later a 2nd

They’re in with a sniff no doubt about it
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5393 on: February 10, 2019, 03:37:16 pm »
They’re in with a sniff no doubt about it

They would have to beat City, us and Chelsea away from home, not going to happen.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5394 on: February 10, 2019, 03:38:02 pm »

No. We're very capable of winning both.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5395 on: February 10, 2019, 03:46:08 pm »
Quote from:  link=topic=341400.msg16471383#msg16471383 date=1549813036
They would have to beat City, us and Chelsea away from home, not going to happen.

Why would they ???? Your assuming both us and city win almost constantly. If I were spurs I’d not be giving up
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5396 on: February 10, 2019, 03:49:45 pm »
Ladies and gentlemen, uh, we've just lost the picture, but what we've seen speaks for itself. Wembley Stadium has apparently been taken over, 'conquered' if you will, by a master race of footballers. It's difficult to tell from this vantage point whether they will consume the captive Earthmen or merely enslave them. One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the Spurs will soon be here.

And I, for one, welcome our new footballing overlords. I'd like to remind them as a trusted forum member, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground fire alarmless toilet bowl.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5397 on: February 10, 2019, 03:52:32 pm »
Why would they ???? Your assuming both us and city win almost constantly. If I were spurs I’d not be giving up

No I'm not, they have the hardest set of fixtures of any team. 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5398 on: February 10, 2019, 03:52:39 pm »

A point from Watford ? pftt, that'd be disappointing

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5399 on: February 10, 2019, 03:55:25 pm »
Depends where that point is coming from. If it's from United, then maybe I can take it considering their form and the fact they'll be coming all guns blazing. If the point is at Watford then that'll be disappointing.