Author Topic: UEFA Champions League. Klopp's got a semi  (Read 320490 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Re: UEFA Champions League. Porto in the Quarto.
« Reply #3360 on: March 15, 2019, 06:55:06 pm »
Suarez will be fired up for Utd. Give 'em hell Luis!

Should everything work out against Porto, it will be emotional seeing him and Coutinho back at Anfield for the semis.

Take a bite of out, one at a time - Jones, Smalling, Lindelof
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3361 on: March 15, 2019, 07:01:37 pm »
Where are all the people who claimed that the draw would be fixed.

They're all over on the Manc forums complaining about the draw.   ;)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 07:18:00 pm by GeorgiaRed »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #3362 on: March 15, 2019, 07:08:03 pm »
I reckon they will get put out by City and then want to get their revenge by taking points off them in the title race.  8)

They will want to, yes. Whether they can...
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3363 on: March 15, 2019, 07:16:29 pm »
He wanted to go and play for one of the two biggest Spanish clubs, which is many a South Americans dream. Of course it hasn't worked out for him, and it's a pretty powerful message to anyone else thinking of upping sticks and leaving LFC that the grass isn't always greener in Spain. It would be a fantastic irony if we beat them to the Champions League.

But I wouldn't call him a rat. That's the social-media era talking. He gave us years of quality service, and the money we have invested from his sale has got us to where we are now. It's not like he left to one of our league rivals.

Not to mention I don't think Phil was ever really in the mold of a Klopp player.  I think when Klopp showed up he just had to use the players he had. I don't think Klopp would ever go out and buy Phil at this point as I don't think Phil has the athleticism for how Klopp wants to really play. That's just my take, disagree if you want.    :wave

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #3364 on: March 15, 2019, 07:26:57 pm »
City now have to play Spurs 3 times in under 12 days, followed up 4 days later by visiting United. If they beat Swansea they will also have to precede this with an FA Cup semi 4 days before Spurs with United as possible opponents again.

Not saying we have it easier but English games, despite less travel, provide a challenge. Hopefully Spurs will exhaust them.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Re: CL Quarter Final Draw, Friday
« Reply #3365 on: March 15, 2019, 07:30:04 pm »
He faked a back injury and sulked massively.

Fuck him.

Luis sorted him a house prior to it all going through also.

Fuck him.

We have moved on and we are a much better club now.

No hatred towards them and at end of the day selling him got us the best CB in world football and best GK.

Coutinho = Van Dijk plus Allison, I'll take that deal all day.

As for playing against him, we are not in the semi finals, neither are they.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3366 on: March 15, 2019, 07:32:06 pm »
If we beat Porto then I really hope we get Barca in the semi. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to knock those fuckers out and rub Coutinho's and Suarez's nose in it in the process.

Agree about Coutinho but still have a soft spot for Luis

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3367 on: March 15, 2019, 07:37:27 pm »
Not to mention I don't think Phil was ever really in the mold of a Klopp player.  I think when Klopp showed up he just had to use the players he had. I don't think Klopp would ever go out and buy Phil at this point as I don't think Phil has the athleticism for how Klopp wants to really play. That's just my take, disagree if you want.    :wave

Bang on. Amazing technique, but too light with no defensive qualities for our machine.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3368 on: March 15, 2019, 07:37:36 pm »
Fortunately for them, I think it's safe to say that United are well and truly closing the gap on Barcelona. They're currently only 612km away according to Google.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #3369 on: March 15, 2019, 07:37:54 pm »
Where are all the people who claimed that the draw would be fixed.
Yeah, where are they all now?

Probably gone back to reading up on conspiracy theories regarding the moon landing, flat earth, and the Roswell Aliens

:lmao

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3370 on: March 15, 2019, 07:40:15 pm »
They're all over on the Manc forums complaining about the draw.   ;)
Tee hee hee.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3371 on: March 15, 2019, 08:10:34 pm »
Playing catch up in this thread so apologies if it's already been mentioned, but I reckon Spurs will have to prioritise the league match over the CL.  It's vital they secure CL qualification for next year and they know they're not getting to the final, so league points are far more important to them right now. 

They'll probably put up a fight in the home leg but will have to rest players at some point if they don't want their team to completely break down.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3372 on: March 15, 2019, 08:15:56 pm »
Agree about Coutinho but still have a soft spot for Luis
I think Klopp would have loved to work with Suarez. Just his type.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3373 on: March 15, 2019, 08:22:36 pm »
Playing catch up in this thread so apologies if it's already been mentioned, but I reckon Spurs will have to prioritise the league match over the CL.  It's vital they secure CL qualification for next year and they know they're not getting to the final, so league points are far more important to them right now. 

They'll probably put up a fight in the home leg but will have to rest players at some point if they don't want their team to completely break down.

I am not even sure what they will prioritize. Their form is better in the CL than in the premier league. Its going to be draining on City though playing the same opponent 3 times in two weeks

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3374 on: March 15, 2019, 08:27:36 pm »
I am not even sure what they will prioritize. Their form is better in the CL than in the premier league. Its going to be draining on City though playing the same opponent 3 times in two weeks

Well there's the irony.  They have to prioritise qualifying for the CL over trying to win it. 

Popcorn's Art

Offline El choquero

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3375 on: March 15, 2019, 08:36:46 pm »
Just being here feels feels great, took the Benitez era for granted. Reckon we will get the better of Porto and would prefer utd in the semi. They are simply not up to what we have, despite the intense pressure the tie would generate. Messi would even make vvd pause for thought before a game. Virgil would stil probably take care of him

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3376 on: March 15, 2019, 08:48:52 pm »

Spurs can get to the Final of the CL - they can certainly test City over 2 legs.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3377 on: March 15, 2019, 08:50:12 pm »
Just being here feels feels great, took the Benitez era for granted. Reckon we will get the better of Porto and would prefer utd in the semi. They are simply not up to what we have, despite the intense pressure the tie would generate. Messi would even make vvd pause for thought before a game. Virgil would stil probably take care of him

Tbf if they get past Barcelona in the semi then they'll be a match for anyone. Either way if we get there it'll be a difficult tie no matter who we may draw.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3378 on: March 15, 2019, 09:04:42 pm »
Tbf if they get past Barcelona in the semi then they'll be a match for anyone. Either way if we get there it'll be a difficult tie no matter who we may draw.

The current Barca team is nothing to be feared. Back in the days when Messi was young and had Iniesta and Robert Downey Jr running the midfield they were really something. Or the team with peak Suarez and Mascherano. Not now.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3379 on: March 15, 2019, 09:11:25 pm »
The current Barca team is nothing to be feared. Back in the days when Messi was young and had Iniesta and Robert Downey Jr running the midfield they were really something. Or the team with peak Suarez and Mascherano. Not now.

They aren't as good as they were then, but with Messi they have a very good chance and are dangerous for that alone. They have a good player in Dembele, and Suarez is still scoring goals.

They don't have a dominating midfield and imposing back four, but they can score goals.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3380 on: March 15, 2019, 09:39:57 pm »
Spurs can get to the Final of the CL - they can certainly test City over 2 legs.

You think they can win this?  Not so sure myself.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3381 on: March 15, 2019, 09:41:29 pm »
Juventus will be too wily for Spurs if they get past Ajax

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3382 on: March 15, 2019, 09:43:15 pm »
Very happy with the draw. Think Porto and United are the standout weakest teams left in it
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3383 on: March 15, 2019, 09:57:30 pm »

Hope he rips them apart at OT right under Ferguson's nose.

And then runs around holding five fingers aloft...

Barca have won it five times... ;)
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3384 on: March 15, 2019, 09:59:19 pm »
You think they can win this?  Not so sure myself.

I think they can - they are playing City in their new stadium.

That’s massive but could be a disadvantage
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3385 on: March 15, 2019, 10:07:23 pm »
For me the dream draw for us would have been Porto and then the winner of a Spurs v Ajax tie, with City playing the Mancs.

That said, this is a pretty good fucking second best and the likelihood is that if we are to make the final, we won’t meet an English side en route. United obviously may beat Barca, but I doubt it, even if they do I’d fancy us over 2 legs to be honest.

Anyone saying Porto are a better team than a year ago, they’re not, and a quick glance at he league table tells you that. That said, we probably won’t do them 5-0 again, and we’ll need to be at it as upsets are always possible, although less likely over 2 legs. Fortunately this team has consistently dispatched teams inferior to them all season in the league so I see no reason for it not to continue in Europe.

Really exciting times.

Offline ManéManéMané

• Always sunné. In the rich man's world.....all the things I could do if had a little Mané.....
  • Main Stander
  • anchor.fm/koponpodcast
    • Kop On!
« Reply #3386 on: March 15, 2019, 10:16:26 pm »
What a great draw!

I'm already dreaming of a final against City (in which the stadium is 90% Red), but I know that Porto is gonna be hard enough.

They've only kept 5/6 players from last season's 5-0 loss to us, which was a bit of a freak result. No Pepe nor Herrera for the first leg, though, which I didn't know when recording a draw reaction show today!

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3387 on: March 15, 2019, 10:19:37 pm »
It seems the draw has panned out perfectly with the 4 strongest being drawn against the 4 weakest so somewhere there'll be a shock defeat.

I'm going to go with either Spurs or utd winning their ties but most likely utd.  Of course they shouldn't but this is knockout football over 2 legs where anything can happen.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3388 on: March 15, 2019, 10:26:58 pm »
I think we are going to have to grind the win. Surely Porto will have learned the lesson from last year, they will be much tighter at the back this time. I see us winning 2-0 over the two legs.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #3389 on: March 15, 2019, 10:30:21 pm »

Spurs can't really prioritise. They don't have a squad bug enough to do so without simply capitulating. He will put out his strongest team for all three games unless the second leg is a dead tie.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #3390 on: March 16, 2019, 12:54:39 am »
All this  "We got an easy draw" has got to stop.They wouldn't be here if they hadn't earnt it.Itll be a tough fixture, hope the side don't believe it'll just happen, we must be on and at our best.Bring it on, can't wait.If we make it past Porto, the potential ties are mouthwatering.What this whole competition is about.Cmon you Reds!!!!

PS Would love to knock Coutino out, if he makes the side that is.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #3391 on: March 16, 2019, 01:05:47 am »
All this  "We got an easy draw" has got to stop.They wouldn't be here if they hadn't earnt it.Itll be a tough fixture, hope the side don't believe it'll just happen, we must be on and at our best.Bring it on, can't wait.If we make it past Porto, the potential ties are mouthwatering.What this whole competition is about.Cmon you Reds!!!!

PS Would love to knock Coutino out, if he makes the side that is.

It's ridiculous what stupid stuff people believe these days. We should have enough to see off Porto but you're spot on we need to take it very seriously. Even if they weren't a good side, we should set out to batter them, and I'm confident Klopp will see it the same way. I bet they even have a theory about why we drew Bayern in the previous round that is completely at odds with the explanation for the fix they think happened.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3392 on: March 16, 2019, 01:28:21 am »
Doesn't really matter what we on here think about porto, as long as the players and the manager take them seriously which they will, but football is unpredictable so it's not impossible [Ajax knocked out Real, Roma knocked out Barca last year]

Offline The Naby Keita fan club

• Kopite
« Reply #3393 on: March 16, 2019, 04:16:57 am »
I study Porto midfield, they have just more technical players in the middle than us unfortunatelly.
lol

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3394 on: March 16, 2019, 04:59:55 am »
Would have wanted United vs. City, but this will do. There are no easy draws, but there are always the preferable draws. Porto certainly is one of them. One more chance for Casillas to get a send off at Anfield.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3395 on: March 16, 2019, 06:39:03 am »
They will want to, yes. Whether they can...

All we can ask is they are up for it. I'd take that right now.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3396 on: March 16, 2019, 10:02:21 am »
Get through the quarter final first and then think of the semis.

Plus the fact, none of us should fret about playing a second leg away from home. We can punish any team on the break with our speed and now a strong spine. Bring any of the feckers on!!

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3397 on: March 16, 2019, 10:37:51 am »
Get through the quarter final first and then think of the semis.

Plus the fact, none of us should fret about playing a second leg away from home. We can punish any team on the break with our speed and now a strong spine. Bring any of the feckers on!!

We can beat anyone over two legs, as we have proven. If we have the desire to get to the final, I think we will get there. In the final, I'd support us but I wouldn't be over confident. we have to make a big improvement from previous finals. We need to become bigger shithouses. Do what it takes to win. Being nice has got us nowhere.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3398 on: March 16, 2019, 06:59:23 pm »
With the first leg at home I'd be tempted to start Moreno, interesting to see if Klopp will
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3399 on: March 16, 2019, 07:10:37 pm »
With the first leg at home I'd be tempted to start Moreno, interesting to see if Klopp will

I should hope so.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.