Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2596353 times)

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
Re: Spurs
« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2014, 05:01:34 pm »
How long has it been since a manager lasted a full season at spurs? Seems ages but I'm sure it's not that long.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2014, 05:04:11 pm »
How long has it been since a manager lasted a full season at spurs? Seems ages but I'm sure it's not that long.

AVB 2012/2013 and before that Redknapp lasted 2008-2012
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2014, 05:05:37 pm »
AVB 2012/2013 and before that Redknapp lasted 2008-2012

Cheers. It seems longer.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2014, 06:17:19 pm »
He spoke English in his first press conference with Southampton and even cracked and Joke.

Just doesn't bother speaking out to the media,  and who could blame him.

Dodgiest English I've ever heard then

;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5e4rRiyeJw
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2014, 06:24:23 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAieod4JpnY

his teamtalks must be wicked.  This was only a few weeks ago.

;D

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2014, 07:02:27 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAieod4JpnY

his teamtalks must be wicked.  This was only a few weeks ago.

;D

That was a year ago. We're in 2014 ;) Apparently his English has come on a bit since then

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2014, 07:18:36 pm »
You're right lad.  My apologies. 

2014 is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg94VJZbtCs

Had a quick flick through and appears he didn't bother appearing at all this year.  Must have been already heading up the M3 with his interpreter

;D

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2014, 07:29:46 pm »
Southampton main journo says that Lallna won't be going to Spurs and neiher will Shaw.

Lallana more than likely will join us and Shaw is already house hunting in Manchester.

However nothing will be sorted until Southampton have a new manager.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2014, 10:05:49 pm »
Who's that journo and is he on twitter btw? Thanks.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: May 30, 2014, 12:52:26 pm »
Enjoyable quote from Di Maria this morning on the latest transfer rumours about him:
"...it hurts you when you are trying to always do your best for a club and then it comes out that you might be going to Tottenham," Di Maria told Marca.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/311527.html#qfXgfIHy6hxOh4Ax.99

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: May 30, 2014, 01:52:13 pm »
The Real Madrid winger was strongly rumoured to be on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu last summer as los Blancos made room for Gareth Bale, but is determined to stay

Real Madrid winger Angel Di Maria says that "it hurts" to have been linked with a move to Tottenham last summer.

The Argentine was frequently rumoured to be nearing an exit from the Santiago Bernabeu in 2013 as los Blancos made room for Gareth Bale, though Mesut Ozil was the player to eventually make way as he joined Arsenal.

Speculation continues to follow Di Maria, who played a key role in Madrid's Champions League triumph, but he is adamant that he will stay if the club want him to do so.

TOTTENHAM LATEST
11/1   "It hurts when you're always doing your best for your club and then you hear that you might be going to Tottenham," he told Marca.

"I spoke with the coach [Carlo Ancelotti] last summer. I wanted to stay and he wanted me to stay as well. He told me that he counted on me and it was up to me from then on.

"I have grown a lot under Ancelotti. He got the best out of me. Things have gone well and I made the right decision to stay.

"I am not going to lie, I know that there are clubs that want to sign me and can match Real Madrid's demands but that’s up to my representatives and the club. I will stay if the club wants me to stay.

"I am not thinking about my future now. We will see what Madrid have in mind, whether they want me to stay or leave.

"I am happy at Madrid. I had a great season and always had everybody’s support but sometimes you don’t have a choice, even when you want to stay yourse
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: May 30, 2014, 01:53:41 pm »
"It hurts when you're always doing your best for your club and then you hear that you might be going to Tottenham," he told Marca.

;D

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: May 30, 2014, 01:55:12 pm »

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: May 30, 2014, 01:57:17 pm »
:lmao haha he actually said that hahaha
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: May 30, 2014, 04:01:09 pm »

but how...HOW? spurs are so big, they are massive, biggest club in the world...fucking giants
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2014, 11:58:13 am »
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: June 1, 2014, 03:22:01 pm »

Hahahahaha did he really say this? He's far too good for that lot!

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #177 on: June 1, 2014, 03:40:40 pm »
Spurs had a zero net spend last season and reduced their wage bill at the same time.....

They will invest this season.....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #178 on: June 1, 2014, 04:05:36 pm »
Spurs had a zero net spend last season and reduced their wage bill at the same time.....

Their problem isn't investment though. They lack any type of strategy in the transfer market and when the inevitable raft of new signings show up each season, the manager is not given enough time by Levy to mold them into a coherent unit. Levy will sign whichever player massages his ego and not necessarily ones that are good for the team or whom the manager wants. And in the midst of all that, you have Baldini also targeting players.

Online Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #179 on: June 1, 2014, 05:16:04 pm »

Is there proof that they've reduced their wage bill? They got rid of Bale and Dempsey ( any others have slipped my mind) bit surely the likes of Lamela and Soldado aren't on peanuts. There was a lot of new players that came in last year
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: June 1, 2014, 05:18:35 pm »
Is there proof that they've reduced their wage bill? They got rid of Bale and Dempsey ( any others have slipped my mind) bit surely the likes of Lamela and Soldado aren't on peanuts. There was a lot of new players that came in last year
Their accounts I believe
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #181 on: June 1, 2014, 05:20:52 pm »
Their accounts I believe
Surely their accounts haven't been released yet for the season gone by? Our last accounts were for 2012-2013. I'm interested to see them if they are available?
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: June 1, 2014, 05:28:03 pm »

Caulker, Huddlestone, Parker, Livermore, Gallas & Bentley also left.

If its true they got the wages down its more through huge mismanaged contracts ending like Bentley & Gallas than anything else..... Although they signed alot of international so would expect good wages for each.

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #183 on: June 1, 2014, 06:21:45 pm »

Who cares, Spurs are a non-entity now anyway.

Pochettino will do a decent enough job, but not enough to threaten the likes of ourselves.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: June 1, 2014, 06:28:50 pm »
Who cares, Spurs are a non-entity now anyway.

Pochettino will do a decent enough job, but not enough to threaten the likes of ourselves.

The arrogance has returned then  ;D

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: June 1, 2014, 06:33:42 pm »

There isn't a chance in hell they reduced their wage bill last season. If anything, I would bet that it significantly increased.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #186 on: June 1, 2014, 06:43:37 pm »
The arrogance has returned then  ;D

To be fair the only bit that's wrong there is 'now'. The implication being that at some point you weren't. Bizarre.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: June 1, 2014, 06:48:23 pm »
There isn't a chance in hell they reduced their wage bill last season. If anything, I would bet that it significantly increased.
£90m down from £91m the year before.

http://www.tsmplug.com/football/tottenham-player-salaries-2014/
W

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: June 1, 2014, 06:51:15 pm »
Can't see the point in getting Pochettino after letting AVB go 6 months ago.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: June 1, 2014, 06:52:04 pm »
Can't see the point in getting Pochettino after letting AVB go 6 months ago.

Nor will Levy by Christmas.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: June 1, 2014, 07:07:17 pm »
To be fair the only bit that's wrong there is 'now'. The implication being that at some point you weren't. Bizarre.

If we're a "non-entity" then so are about 90% of the other teams in this league. I don't understand why people like you get off on belittling other clubs all the time. Given Liverpools struggles over the last few years I thought you might have gained a little bit of perspective

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #191 on: June 1, 2014, 08:52:29 pm »
Enjoyable quote from Di Maria this morning on the latest transfer rumours about him:
"...it hurts you when you are trying to always do your best for a club and then it comes out that you might be going to Tottenham," Di Maria told Marca.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/311527.html#qfXgfIHy6hxOh4Ax.99
Totally understandable comments. Why would any player want to go from being MOTM in the CL final with Real Madrid to going to non-CL Spurs.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: June 1, 2014, 08:57:51 pm »
Totally understandable comments. Why would any player want to go from being MOTM in the CL final with Real Madrid to going to non-CL Spurs.
You underestimate the draw of Chas & Dave.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #193 on: June 1, 2014, 08:59:58 pm »
Why would any player want to go from being MOTM in the CL final with Real Madrid to going to non-CL Spurs.
More money?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: June 1, 2014, 10:20:25 pm »
£90m down from £91m the year before.

http://www.tsmplug.com/football/tottenham-player-salaries-2014/

Yeah that says the 2012-13 wage bill was 90mill (reduced from 2011-12 where it was 91mill) but their wage bill for 2013-14 will be much higher.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #195 on: June 1, 2014, 10:55:24 pm »
More money?

Is there enough money on the planet?

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: June 3, 2014, 06:01:20 pm »
We have gained perspective in the last few years. The main thing being is that no team is entitled to finish in the top 4, most people associated with Spurs didn't seem to get the memo despite the fact they've only played in the Champions League once since the big money came along.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: June 4, 2014, 06:01:36 pm »
Is there a target we've had who they haven't tried to steal?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #198 on: June 4, 2014, 06:12:51 pm »
If we're a "non-entity" then so are about 90% of the other teams in this league. I don't understand why people like you get off on belittling other clubs all the time. Given Liverpools struggles over the last few years I thought you might have gained a little bit of perspective

I agree with you here Tommy.

I remember a post a while back asking "what is the point in midtable teams like Southampton."

It's fucking madness, as if football is only a game to be played if you're winning trophies.

Not only 90% of PL teams, but pretty much the whole country too.

Every single club is an 'entity' and I don't understand why some people bother claiming otherwise. I guess some people are still mad at your lot for stealing Sigurdsson and Dempsey!
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: June 4, 2014, 07:09:07 pm »
I agree, but it also frustrates the hell out of me that clubs like spurs and Southampton don't bother to try to win the cups.

It's madness, they could win either cup, spurs could have won the UEFA cup, but neither team really tried.

So, what is the point of 90% of teams?  Well, if they don't try to win what they have a realistic shot at winning, then surely they are the ones making this question difficult to answer.
W