Author Topic: Video technology in football - is it needed?  (Read 8466 times)

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Video technology in football - is it needed?
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2017, 01:05:24 pm »
Defo kill off a few goal celebrations.

The opposite is true too though

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2017, 01:12:26 pm »

I was watching T&T v Mexico last night.

Attacker is inside the 18 yard area, defender comes over and shoulder barges the player with his right forearm looking like the defender shoved the player aside as it comes away from the defender like he's done a big push with it. Attacker goes down in the box. No pen called from the ref.

How many of these type tackles are going to be reviewed and given? And if they do start giving some of these, and some similar tackles in the box not given, it will still become a subjective matter based on the official watching the video.

How many times do we hear the commentary team and once says it is a pen another argues it's not? In the case i described that's what happened. One thought no, one yes.

T&T had a goal by Kenwynn Jones chalked off for offsides. Even the Mexican commentary said he was onside. It was a tight call with the replay.When the replay was shown, the linesman was 3-4 yards running down the line in front of the line of defenders. So clearly out of position. It was 0-0 at the time. Mexico won 1-0..

It's going to cause mayhem with an official constantly ruling against the match officials. And as they are officials themselves, i expect only very obvious overturn calls to be made. The goal disallowed for Jones, I doubt it would have been overturned . So that might help in some occasions. I just don't see it helping as much as it may seem.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2017, 01:33:26 pm »

I would have gladly taken that time if we did review that awful decision at the Etihad when Sterling was flagged offside. Still raging from that bad call. I believe that we would have been champions if that goal was given.

This line gets peddled too much. We took the lead about 10 minutes later and still lost. Now had we fallen behind after this disgraceful decision I would be fuming but we didn't.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2017, 01:45:54 pm »
Liverpool 1-1 Man utd

Remember when United scored earlier in the season? Remember it came from a throw in and there was an offside but the linesman missed it being 5 yards behind our last defender. From that, then a few seconds later they scored.

I would bet the house that the goal would be allowed to stand with video replay.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline OperationIvy

• Kopite
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2017, 02:19:11 pm »
I was watching T&T v Mexico last night.

Attacker is inside the 18 yard area, defender comes over and shoulder barges the player with his right forearm looking like the defender shoved the player aside as it comes away from the defender like he's done a big push with it. Attacker goes down in the box. No pen called from the ref.

How many of these type tackles are going to be reviewed and given? And if they do start giving some of these, and some similar tackles in the box not given, it will still become a subjective matter based on the official watching the video.

How many times do we hear the commentary team and once says it is a pen another argues it's not? In the case i described that's what happened. One thought no, one yes.

T&T had a goal by Kenwynn Jones chalked off for offsides. Even the Mexican commentary said he was onside. It was a tight call with the replay.When the replay was shown, the linesman was 3-4 yards running down the line in front of the line of defenders. So clearly out of position. It was 0-0 at the time. Mexico won 1-0..

It's going to cause mayhem with an official constantly ruling against the match officials. And as they are officials themselves, i expect only very obvious overturn calls to be made. The goal disallowed for Jones, I doubt it would have been overturned . So that might help in some occasions. I just don't see it helping as much as it may seem.

Maybe this could be avoided if the video ref is only used if challenged by the opposition. With each team getting only 2 challenges or something. Like they do in tennis.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2017, 03:21:22 pm »
I watched the France v Spain game. I think they got the two offside decisions right, which is good.
However I think the penalty was dodgy, and might have been overturned on review.
I also wonder what would have happened if Delefeou had been ten yards further back when he got the ball, and the linesman had flagged? Say the defenders and keeper had stopped based on the incorrect flag, would the goal still stand?

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2017, 04:01:28 pm »
The opposite is true too though

How do you mean? Extended them?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2017, 04:38:16 pm »
I watched the France v Spain game. I think they got the two offside decisions right, which is good.
However I think the penalty was dodgy, and might have been overturned on review.
I also wonder what would have happened if Delefeou had been ten yards further back when he got the ball, and the linesman had flagged? Say the defenders and keeper had stopped based on the incorrect flag, would the goal still stand?

Well you have to play to the whistle so if they did stop then that is their own problem but I see your point. The only way it'll work is if offside is taken away from the linesman and done externally, but that is only possible if they can do it immediately and get the message across to the referee.

Good example of what will happen if the players stop for a flag here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S48bSTUOyA
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2017, 06:07:03 pm »
Personally think they should only be used by the ref when the balls dead. You won't fix all decisions but you will change some which is an improvement. Will also have less of an effect on the flow of the game. Should be there to help refs like the goaline technology rather than a fix for all decisions

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2017, 08:51:14 pm »
Well you have to play to the whistle so if they did stop then that is their own problem but I see your point. The only way it'll work is if offside is taken away from the linesman and done externally, but that is only possible if they can do it immediately and get the message across to the referee.

Good example of what will happen if the players stop for a flag here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S48bSTUOyA
Good clip. Thanks for posting.

This is where we get into the slippery slope that is video technology. You have an unintended consequence. In this case it means that players should always ignore the flag and play the whistle. Which really by the way means the referee is also ignoring the flag, and allowing play to go on. Perhaps the Ar shouldn't have a flag at all, but some other way of communicating to the referee. How long does the referee allow play to go on for until he consults the video referee.  Fans and players get pissed off already when a late flag goes up on an obvious offside because they waited until the attacker "became active".

Imagine a scenario like the video clip you posted. The attacker does not score, instead the goalkeeper makes a save and it goes to a corner. Does the referee go back the the potential offside and maybe give a free-kick to the defending team, or does he ignore it because it didn't lead to a goal and give the corner?  Might seem convoluted, but the number of completely unpredictable scenarios that can play out need to be considered. If they aren't then you are just moving the conversation about "bad decisions" further down the road.

You can probably gather from my rant that I am opposed to  video assistance! :D :D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2017, 09:20:58 pm »

They do have to be very careful how they use it. Penalty decisions no, as its too subjective, although blatant dives that the ref misses could be called - Ashley Young v City https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVtYWd5TRS4 . For offsides, maybe they only check an offside where no-one stops and a goal is scored, we see so many where the ref hasn't seen the flag until after the goal.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2017, 05:54:07 am »
I don't think video technology should be used for fouls, even penalties. The borderline fouls are subjective and we have to accept it that it is part of the game.  There are so many decisions where after the match, there is still no consensus in spite of multiple slow-motion replays and a lot of time at hand.

But it can definitely make a positive difference in offside decisions. Of course, this would mean that players don't stop the play when linesman flags offside, which would have its own complications.

Also, the video review should be an appeal based system (like in tennis, cricket) with a limited number of incorrect appeals allowed.
There will be broadly two types of cases here:
1. Attacker receives the ball in an iffy situation and is flagged offside. The play continues and he scores. The scoring team can then decide to use the review system if they are confident
1. Attacker receives the ball in an iffy situation, he is not flagged offside and he scores. The defending team can then decide to use the review system if they are confident.

Of course, this still leaves a lot of implementation issues to be ironed out. Like how/when does the team appeal when the ball is still in play or they wait till the ball is out of play or goal is scored etc. etc.

Offline Xabisfeet

• Anny Roader
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2017, 10:11:38 pm »
https://www.racingpost.com/sport/sport-columnists/video-refs-set-to-kill-all-the-joy-in-calamitous-quest-for-justice/280144

The comparisons with Brexit are unavoidable, even though here at the Racing Post we like to provide you with a shield from politics and focus instead on fun stuff like racing, sport and betting.

But in the week the UK chose to leave Europe, football took a similarly seismic step towards exiting the traditional world of letting humans referee football matches, as the arbiter in the France v Spain friendly on Tuesday was instructed to deploy the services of a video assistant referee for certain decisions.

The use of video is, like Brexit, a source of hot debate, with the
pro-video camp urging the authorities to hurry up and introduce it and those who are keen for things to remain as they are equally vociferous in their opposition to its introduction.

I am passionate in my belief that video, having killed the radio star, will also kill, or at best seriously disfigure, the greatest sport that has ever been invented. Put simply, its introduction, now as inevitable as Brexit, will be a disaster for football.

Its advocates are already purring on the evidence of Tuesday’s game in Paris, when utilisation of the VAR caused a wrongly allowed French goal to be chalked off for offside and a wrongly disallowed Spanish goal to be given when replays showed the scorer was onside.

Why, you may then ask, am I or anyone else objecting to the use of video when it ensured two key result-influencing decisions were corrected?

It’s because football’s appeal is that it flows. It is fast-moving with a rhythm that entrances us. That beguiling tempo is already being affected by unnecessary stoppages for free kicks and substitutions but it faces being killed stone dead if additional pauses are introduced just so we can discover the referee and his assistants were either right or, occasionally, have made an error.

Moreover, the unalloyed joy of a goal being scored, which, when all is said and done is the essence of why we support football teams, risks being contaminated in a way that will rob us of the euphoria we feel when the opposition net bulges.

When your team scores you go mad. It’s as simple as that. You forget the drudgery of your job, the shelves that need putting up tomorrow and the impending visit of the mother-in-law, and for a few blissful seconds you are the happiest person on the planet.

Every once in a while you feel a bit of a tit because the bloke next to you is nudging you and nodding towards the linesman’s raised flag that you were the last to notice, but mostly it’s a rare opportunity to put the worries of the world to one side and feel bloody brilliant.

When video replays are introduced that will not be how it works. You will not be able to shout and scream and leap around like a madman because you will be checking to see if the ref is holding is finger to his ear as he asks his colleague in the booth to look again.

And even if the decision to let the goal stand is upheld, the moment will have gone. The magic will be lost. You’ll cheer and punch the air but it won’t feel quite the same, and while what I’m saying might sound like a flimsy argument when put up against someone logically championing the virtues of getting every decision right, I shall be keeping a cutting of this column in my drawer, ready to brandish when those who are currently convinced we should be using videos suddenly express a desire to return to the good old days.

And they will. I shook my head in disbelief at how many people thought events in Paris on Tuesday proved the merits of video refereeing beyond doubt. They didn’t mind that each visit to the man with the monitors took 40 seconds, which is actually a long time when nothing is happening and those in the ground aren’t even able to see what the VAR can see.

They will certainly mind when these things last upwards of two minutes, as they do in rugby. And they will mind when the bloke in the booth still can’t come up with a clear decision, as would have been the case, for example, when Damien Delaney was adjudged to have brought down Christian Benteke last season.

Games will take well over two hours to complete and players will go from waving imaginary cards at refs to making imaginary screen gestures in their faces, like they are involved in some frantic game of charades.

Accuracy levels will nudge up slightly but at a price that is far higher than people are currently prepared to acknowledge. And once it starts, no doubt with some hollow reassurances that it will be for only a small number of situations, it will creep and creep into every decision a referee makes.

It will transform football matches into an unsatisfactory series of a huge number of short segments of action punctuated by stoppages, reviews and restarts.

But we will get justice, as I have heard a few people say as the debated has heated up. Don’t give me that. Do not talk about justice.

This is not a jury being forced to decide whether a defendant is guilty or innocent of murder, it’s a game of football. If the ref makes the odd mistake, that’s fine by me.

Referees do a superb job and it is not their ability to get things right that is forcing through this stupid decision to bring in the video ref, it is the failure of spectators, participants and the media to accept the officials cannot be perfect that is the cause of this impending farce.

The failure of the pro-video brigade to realise just how disruptive their plans will be to football’s exquisite cadence worries me greatly.

Before we take the plunge it would be irresponsible not to at least, at domestic level, experiment with extra officials behind each goal line. They would make a real difference without affecting the flow of the game.

Sadly, though, it appears football’s equivalent of Article 50 will be triggered any time now, and that makes for a decidedly uncertain future for those of us who wish things would remain as they are.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2017, 10:42:09 pm »
https://www.racingpost.com/sport/sport-columnists/video-refs-set-to-kill-all-the-joy-in-calamitous-quest-for-justice/280144

The comparisons with Brexit are unavoidable, even though here at the Racing Post we like to provide you with a shield from politics and focus instead on fun stuff like racing, sport and betting.

But in the week the UK chose to leave Europe, football took a similarly seismic step towards exiting the traditional world of letting humans referee football matches, as the arbiter in the France v Spain friendly on Tuesday was instructed to deploy the services of a video assistant referee for certain decisions.

The use of video is, like Brexit, a source of hot debate, with the
pro-video camp urging the authorities to hurry up and introduce it and those who are keen for things to remain as they are equally vociferous in their opposition to its introduction.

I am passionate in my belief that video, having killed the radio star, will also kill, or at best seriously disfigure, the greatest sport that has ever been invented. Put simply, its introduction, now as inevitable as Brexit, will be a disaster for football.

Its advocates are already purring on the evidence of Tuesday’s game in Paris, when utilisation of the VAR caused a wrongly allowed French goal to be chalked off for offside and a wrongly disallowed Spanish goal to be given when replays showed the scorer was onside.

Why, you may then ask, am I or anyone else objecting to the use of video when it ensured two key result-influencing decisions were corrected?

It’s because football’s appeal is that it flows. It is fast-moving with a rhythm that entrances us. That beguiling tempo is already being affected by unnecessary stoppages for free kicks and substitutions but it faces being killed stone dead if additional pauses are introduced just so we can discover the referee and his assistants were either right or, occasionally, have made an error.

Moreover, the unalloyed joy of a goal being scored, which, when all is said and done is the essence of why we support football teams, risks being contaminated in a way that will rob us of the euphoria we feel when the opposition net bulges.

When your team scores you go mad. It’s as simple as that. You forget the drudgery of your job, the shelves that need putting up tomorrow and the impending visit of the mother-in-law, and for a few blissful seconds you are the happiest person on the planet.

Every once in a while you feel a bit of a tit because the bloke next to you is nudging you and nodding towards the linesman’s raised flag that you were the last to notice, but mostly it’s a rare opportunity to put the worries of the world to one side and feel bloody brilliant.

When video replays are introduced that will not be how it works. You will not be able to shout and scream and leap around like a madman because you will be checking to see if the ref is holding is finger to his ear as he asks his colleague in the booth to look again.

And even if the decision to let the goal stand is upheld, the moment will have gone. The magic will be lost. You’ll cheer and punch the air but it won’t feel quite the same, and while what I’m saying might sound like a flimsy argument when put up against someone logically championing the virtues of getting every decision right, I shall be keeping a cutting of this column in my drawer, ready to brandish when those who are currently convinced we should be using videos suddenly express a desire to return to the good old days.

And they will. I shook my head in disbelief at how many people thought events in Paris on Tuesday proved the merits of video refereeing beyond doubt. They didn’t mind that each visit to the man with the monitors took 40 seconds, which is actually a long time when nothing is happening and those in the ground aren’t even able to see what the VAR can see.

They will certainly mind when these things last upwards of two minutes, as they do in rugby. And they will mind when the bloke in the booth still can’t come up with a clear decision, as would have been the case, for example, when Damien Delaney was adjudged to have brought down Christian Benteke last season.

Games will take well over two hours to complete and players will go from waving imaginary cards at refs to making imaginary screen gestures in their faces, like they are involved in some frantic game of charades.

Accuracy levels will nudge up slightly but at a price that is far higher than people are currently prepared to acknowledge. And once it starts, no doubt with some hollow reassurances that it will be for only a small number of situations, it will creep and creep into every decision a referee makes.

It will transform football matches into an unsatisfactory series of a huge number of short segments of action punctuated by stoppages, reviews and restarts.

But we will get justice, as I have heard a few people say as the debated has heated up. Don’t give me that. Do not talk about justice.

This is not a jury being forced to decide whether a defendant is guilty or innocent of murder, it’s a game of football. If the ref makes the odd mistake, that’s fine by me.

Referees do a superb job and it is not their ability to get things right that is forcing through this stupid decision to bring in the video ref, it is the failure of spectators, participants and the media to accept the officials cannot be perfect that is the cause of this impending farce.

The failure of the pro-video brigade to realise just how disruptive their plans will be to football’s exquisite cadence worries me greatly.

Before we take the plunge it would be irresponsible not to at least, at domestic level, experiment with extra officials behind each goal line. They would make a real difference without affecting the flow of the game.

Sadly, though, it appears football’s equivalent of Article 50 will be triggered any time now, and that makes for a decidedly uncertain future for those of us who wish things would remain as they are.
Did laugh at the wilful misconstruing of justice.

There are millions of pounds at stake, and whole seasons can turn on decisions- including potential relegation.

The first half of that article is fairly decent though. Thing is, you still get that fleeting moment of doubt before you can fully celebrate even now if you're unsure of a call. Also there's been a few where the ref has made a decision and pointed to the centre circle and people have gone just as mental once it's confirmed.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:45:21 pm by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #95 on: April 2, 2017, 07:49:13 pm »
Very insightful point made during the SKY Refs show with Carra and Neville.

A decision (penalty calls, offside calls and fouls) can be reversed at any point before restarting play. Insinuates that there is perfect time for a video ref.

On the whole a really good watch

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: April 6, 2017, 12:20:21 pm »

A-League to make history on Friday night by using video technology to aid referees

A-LEAGUE referees insist they welcome the world-first introduction of video technology, which will mean their major decisions will be instantly reviewed from this weekend.

Australia will become the first nation to bring in video assistant referees (VAR) into an elite domestic league from this coming round, as part of FIFA’s global experiment.

A VAR with access to up to 12 screens will instantly review decisions relating to goals, penalties, direct red cards and mistaken identity, and report any clear-cut errors to the main referee.

Though fears have been raised it will diminish the authority of the main referee, as well as hold the game up, Jarred Gillett — one of the A-League’s three fulltime referees — said he and his colleagues would much prefer to correct a major error immediately than have it highlighted at length after affecting the result.

“Our view at the moment is that if we have the opportunity to fix the obvious error at the time, it’s a lot better than not being able to anything about it — at all, ultimately,” he said. “All we can do at the moment is recognise our mistakes, learn from them and move on once the game is over.

“This gives us the chance to fix things at the time. As we’ve learned from the trials, it’s rare that decisions are actually overturned. So the authority and the autonomy of the referee is preserved, because the threshold to change a decision is extremely high.

“There will still be contentious decisions, and debate over whether they were right or wrong, but with clear, unequival errors, they can be fixed instantly. That’s better for everybody.”

The A-League is one of nine leagues and competitions around the world that will trial a video referee at some point this year, and comes after almost a year of trials and training. That included 26 live trials, involving matches such as youth games, and 26 so-called “offline” trials at A-League games where the VAR reviewed decisions but had no contact with the main referee.

Where a possible error is identified it’s expected that in the majority of cases, the advice of the VAR will be followed by the main referee, who can change his decision as required. But in contentious cases, particularly those around direct red cards, the main referee will have the option of viewing the incident on a special monitor on the touchline.

The room in each stadium where the bank of Hawkeye screens is set up will be known as the “Cave”, and during a media briefing on Tuesday a high tackle in a recent game was reviewed in a matter of seconds. An assistant VAR will relay to broadcasters what is under review, with the hope the TV networks and stadium screen operators will then show the replays.

Greg O’Rourke, the head of the A-League, said the use of VARs wouldn’t take the level of debate around contentious decisions away, but would avoid matches being decided by obvious mistakes.

“Since the dawn of Association Football, there have been controversial decisions and that will continue,” he said.

“With the advent of broadcast technologies, referees have been the only individuals that have not been able to benefit from the use of video replay technology. That changes this week.

“The implementation of the VAR system will help eliminate incorrect key match-changing decisions. Testing has been successfully completed at all necessary Hyundai A-League venues to ensure that the VAR will be implemented according to the official experiment protocol.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/a-league/aleague-to-make-history-on-friday-night-by-using-video-technology-to-aid-referees/news-story/d2de096acdd5bfde7f4685923abb40dc

BTW, automatic yellow card for any player asking for the ref to go to the VAR.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: April 8, 2017, 05:09:26 pm »
First use tonight awarded a penalty for handball that the ref missed.  Quick and painless.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2017, 04:50:34 am »

VAR will be used in the Brasileiro Serie A this weekend for the first time.

Jo created controversy by using his arm on a cross to score the lone goal in the last Corinthians/Vasco da Gama match.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/d49PgMew4W8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/d49PgMew4W8</a>

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2017, 08:05:37 am »
I noticed that Serie A have adopted VAR technology. Was watching Juve/Fiorentina when the referee used it to send someone off the other night for a second bookable offence. It intruded on the game a bit but I thought it worked well enough.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2017, 06:20:32 pm »
BBC featuring a certain South Yorkshire Police Ref, looking at how video refs work. They showed his balls up against Spain as though it was the only mistake he made. Ffs, he made one major mistake in most games he reffed, but he was the poster boy of the FA and had his back covered well and truly
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline RaveDave

• Kopite
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2017, 08:25:49 pm »
I noticed that Serie A have adopted VAR technology. Was watching Juve/Fiorentina when the referee used it to send someone off the other night for a second bookable offence. It intruded on the game a bit but I thought it worked well enough.

Two opinion polls (Gazzeta and Sky Italia) have been taken amongst Serie A fans over this last few weeks and both had a 79% approval rating for it.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2017, 09:30:37 pm »
It's working quite well so far in Italy. They still have to iron out a few things and at times it takes too long to take a decision (which could be easily solved by installing a system similar to the TMO in rugby), but so far it's been quite successful, all things considered.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.