Author Topic: Would it bother you if Rafa took the Everton job?  (Read 4779 times)

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Re: Would it bother you if Rafa took the Everton job?
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2019, 09:50:05 am »

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2019, 09:52:10 am »
Well Everton would be the hard option, at least in terms of management.

That said it's easy money when they sack you so they're just as much the soft option.  ;D

He's doing his Chinese project right now.
I think he'll be back on the market within 3-5 years, depending on success.

I met him in a Tescos' on the Wirral once. By himself, just shopping. Went up to him, said cheers for Istanbul and everything he'd done. He was very polite, chatted about new signings and the state of the club for about 5 mins by the frozen chickens.

It's these type of things that, in my mind, means he can go and do what he wants with my blessings.

I don't think he'll take it. But it is football and it is a funny old game...
'Nuff said...

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2019, 10:10:29 am »
Not in the slightest.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2019, 10:13:37 am »
Helps that with Everton while they are fun to laugh at, I generally feel no ill will towards them (they aren't significant enough to bother me, and plenty of my mates are fair minded blues, so I laugh at them, but there's about 4-5 clubs I dislike more)

This.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2019, 10:24:17 am »
Imagine the blue fans turning toxic if it doesn't work out,they would turn on him and would throw at him his redshite past.
No thanks.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2019, 10:33:23 am »
Imagine the blue fans turning toxic if it doesn't work out,they would turn on him and would throw at him his redshite past.

Any manager that goes there and doesnt perform is a redshite. Koeman, Martinez and Silva et all.

As for Rafa managing Everton, he is our ex manager. Loved and respected. But its his decision because where he is now is far away fro his family.

I will support him (and by extension, Everton) in all games minus the games when they face us.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2019, 10:49:21 am »
No. Rafa could kick my cat and I'd still respect him.

I only hate the toffees for 180mins each season. Other than that, I'm indifferent to them.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2019, 10:50:46 am »
Not sure it would bother me, but it'd be a mess surely. They hate him, some of them anyway.

I'm not sure he'd enjoy the fanbase. It's toxic and rancid these days. They'd turn on him.

If he lost to us it would be called a conspiracy, for example!

I think he'd be slumming it bigtime. Newcastle was a project at least. What's Everton? Mid table mediocrity without the support the Toon have.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2019, 10:51:40 am »
I'd prefer it if he didn't to be honest.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2019, 10:56:11 am »
Wouldn't bother me but he deserves a better job. Arsenal should be all over him

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2019, 10:57:19 am »
In answer to the question. Yes
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2019, 10:59:31 am »
Definitely wouldn’t sit well with me. Yes he’s a Liverpool legend but why go to our rivals where he’d get no love or respect and they’d turn on him at the drop of a hat if one result didn’t go their way. It's like Mourinho coming to manage us. Unfortunately if he did join them, I couldn’t wish him any luck. Want Everton to fall behind as much as possible.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2019, 11:05:43 am »
Definitely wouldn’t sit well with me. Yes he’s a Liverpool legend but why go to our rivals where he’d get no love or respect and they’d turn on him at the drop of a hat if one result didn’t go their way. It's like Mourinho coming to manage us. Unfortunately if he did join them, I couldn’t wish him any luck. Want Everton to fall behind as much as possible.

Now you see the reason I have said it would bother me isn`t actually about Everton's success or not if he went there. I have no particular issue with Everton, and have many close friends who are blues. It is just to me that Rafa is a red. Simple as that. Nothing to do with how Everton did if he went there and I can see why it might be attractive to him. His family are still based on the wirral. He loves the area and the people.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2019, 11:26:01 am »
Wouldn't like to see anyone associated with us for any significant time go to Everton/United at all to be honest.

But a lot of time has passed and we are on such different levels this maybe won't bother me that much. Would be good to see Rafa knocking about again
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2019, 11:27:05 am »
I think it would bother me slightly, not for what it meant to us, but due to the needless grief and abuse he would inevitably get from that lot, he's already suffered through chelsea fans and should be spared Rhylwall.

Besides returning to management in the premier league, one thing I'd like to see is him appearing more often as a pundit, he did really well in his recent appearance and was far more interesting than the usual cliche-spouting halfwits.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 11:30:57 am by Skeeve »

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2019, 11:27:07 am »
Be very weird.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2019, 11:31:45 am »
I don't think it would bother me now to be honest.
he was excellent for us and hes a great man.
i would just hate for them to inevitably turn on him though - would be awful to see that

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2019, 11:35:38 am »
Have so much respect for Rafa. I will always hold him in high regard. Wouldn't bother me though if he went there.
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2019, 11:42:26 am »
He won us the European Cup.  With regards to football he's earned the right to do as he wants as far as I'm concerned. It's not going to diminish what happened in 2005, or make me feel any different about it. Nor the FA Cup in 2006, the latter European Cup runs or the fact he got us close to the League Championship in 2009.

Would I be arsed if he ended up winning something with them? Probably not. I mean it's unlikely as they're a million miles away from competing for the big prizes, but he could get them a cup maybe.  If he does then so what?  Other teams win stuff, it happens.  Supporting Liverpool, especially right now under Klopp, is about supporting Liverpool not caring about what others are doing.  Having a bit of a chuckle at other's misfortune is an added benefit, but if those chuckles dry up a little, then it's hardly the end of the world.

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2019, 11:44:09 am »
He won us the European Cup.  With regards to football he's earned the right to do as he wants as far as I'm concerned. It's not going to diminish what happened in 2005, or make me feel any different about it. Nor the FA Cup in 2006, the latter European Cup runs or the fact he got us close to the League Championship in 2009.

Would I be arsed if he ended up winning something with them? Probably not. I mean it's unlikely as they're a million miles away from competing for the big prizes, but he could get them a cup maybe.  If he does then so what?  Other teams win stuff, it happens.  Supporting Liverpool, especially right now under Klopp, is about supporting Liverpool not caring about what others are doing.  Having a bit of a chuckle at other's misfortune is an added benefit, but if those chuckles dry up a little, then it's hardly the end of the world.

But imagine the derby game. How weird would that be !

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2019, 01:14:10 pm »
Yes it would.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2019, 01:16:45 pm »
I don’t wish them any success, but I wouldn’t think any less of Rafa.

He loves us and the fans and will do forever, and a jobs a job to this Spaniard where the tribal nature is, naturally, not going to be so embedded in his mindset.

He’s always done things with the best of intentions. He will keep doing so - he’s a great manager but an even greater man in my eyes.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2019, 01:55:47 pm »
Yes, it would bother me. Rafa is a Liverpool legend. I'd hate to see him go there and have to put up with their lunacy. Toxic, delusional cult-followers with bizarrely unrealistic expectations. Why put yourself through it?

Three quarters of the city revere Rafa for what he achieved at Anfield. Don't piss in the well of good memories and good will that you drink from Rafa. Let some other mug put up with their poison, because it always ends in poison.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2019, 02:00:16 pm »
I think it would be a very bad choice, just like Chelsea was. He just won't catch a break with a fanbase that despises him.

Having said that, if he does go, it will be because he's desperate for a job and in that case I would definitely wish well and not hold it against him.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2019, 02:46:10 pm »
Imagine if it happened and we beat them yet again

FEWM HE'S A RED AGENT HE THREW THAT GAME

AGENT BENITEZ OUT

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2019, 02:59:16 pm »
Yes it would.

He wouldn't take it though.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2019, 03:04:21 pm »
He can do what he wants, don't think it'd really bother me.  I'd want to beat them as much as I always do, no difference.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2019, 03:14:15 pm »
What would be views on here be if Ole got sacked and Rafa took over? Would he get the Owen treatment?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2019, 03:23:41 pm »
What would be views on here be if Ole got sacked and Rafa took over? Would he get the Owen treatment?

He'd be dead to me.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2019, 03:29:58 pm »
I don’t want him to go there as he might do well, and even if he didn’t I wouldn’t enjoy it compared to other managers suffering there!

However, he can do what he likes and with family settled etc if he was offered it then he may find it hard to turn down. Seemed like a classic ‘come and get me plea’ on Sky last night!

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2019, 03:30:27 pm »
Worse. Almost as if Klopp took over them. Would absolutely ruin him for me.
Not as much if he took Everton, but it will still upset me a bit.

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2019, 03:30:48 pm »
It would bother me and I hope it doesn't happen.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2019, 03:39:56 pm »
I'd much rather he didn't, but would still absolutely love Rafa even if he did go there. It would make Merseyside derbies extremely weird though; and he might actually manage to win at Anfield!

There's only one job in the world I couldn't forgive him for if he went to, and that's United. Thankfully he'd never do that to us. But Hodgson, on the other hand, I'd have no problem if he went to United. Go on Roy, you know it makes sense.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2019, 03:46:46 pm »
Probably a little bit and you’d have to question his managerial choices really. Why go to a place where the fan base hates you and the owner probably isn’t going to back you a whole whack in the transfer market?

Would be utterly stupid from him?
A lot of Everton fans want him/would be happy with him, or at least few I've spoken to have anyway. He's even one of the top voted choices on GOT.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2019, 03:56:30 pm »

Would hate him for that.

I know its hypothetical, but how could anyone who has shed tears at the memorial then work for a club where they sing about it?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Captain Caveman

• Peter Andre's Disney-sponsored rapping cousin
  • Legacy Fan
  • Erik, Igor and Momo.
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2019, 04:04:55 pm »
Everton would bother me only because  I wish the best for him and it seems like such a shit job.

Mancs would never happen so no need to discuss it.
Sabu retch at putrid "fan", born to screech, doom'd to lose.
MANCHESTER EVERTON AND FUCK.
Says it all

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2019, 04:57:41 pm »
A lot of Everton fans want him/would be happy with him, or at least few I've spoken to have anyway. He's even one of the top voted choices on GOT.

Until his first loss...

Then it's redshite, agent Rafa, we know were you live...

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2019, 05:10:48 pm »
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2019, 05:35:10 pm »
Prefer he didn’t ;)

:scarf :scarf :scarf

Anyway he seems committed to staying in China

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2019, 05:46:42 pm »
Yes, it would bother me. Rafa is a Liverpool legend. I'd hate to see him go there and have to put up with their lunacy. Toxic, delusional cult-followers with bizarrely unrealistic expectations. Why put yourself through it?

Three quarters of the city revere Rafa for what he achieved at Anfield. Don't piss in the well of good memories and good will that you drink from Rafa. Let some other mug put up with their poison, because it always ends in poison.

This.