Author Topic: Steven Gerrard  (Read 219657 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #1160 on: November 10, 2021, 08:57:54 pm »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #1161 on: November 10, 2021, 10:19:37 pm »
YNWA

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1162 on: November 10, 2021, 10:25:19 pm »
Long range goals have sort of gone out of the game because of xG's influence... but fuck me his long rangers. Unreal!

What  :lmao

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1163 on: November 10, 2021, 10:31:46 pm »
someone had to say it  ;)

Of course. Tbf United have form for having ex Liverpool captains as their manager.  :D

but fuck me his long rangers. Unreal!

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: November 11, 2021, 10:08:37 am »
Confirmed.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1165 on: November 11, 2021, 10:15:23 am »
Hopefully he gets a new manager bounce for a month and then falls apart on the 11th of next month.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1166 on: November 11, 2021, 10:41:15 am »
Doesn't sit right with me but then I've always had a (largely) irrational hatred for Villa.

I guess from our POV if he takes over from Klopp that we'll be looking for him to qualify for Europa and have a very good run in it? Maybe FA Cup/League Cup? Take a good number of scalps from the top 6?

They're not getting in the CL so seems a bit pointless to me really in terms of "proving" himself but I guess he's probably not going to learn German/Italian/Spanish or French any time soon so jobs I'd have like to have seen him take (Dortmund, Leipzig, Lyon, Atletico, Sevilla, Roma, Inter etc) are out the question. Let's see.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1167 on: November 11, 2021, 10:44:13 am »
Think his chances of taking us over have taken a blow.  After Klopp, I don't think managers that 'do a job' are gonna been getting called to the hot seat and what more can he do at Villa?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1168 on: November 11, 2021, 10:55:41 am »
Think his chances of taking us over have taken a blow.  After Klopp, I don't think managers that 'do a job' are gonna been getting called to the hot seat and what more can he do at Villa?

I don't think he can go to Villa and just keep them up. They are a team that spends a lot (143m, 90m, 85m since their return). He should be pushing them top half, and if the way his team plays is impressive while he does so that's when he can push on further, with Villa or going up another step in management. I don't think he's expecting to be managing us as soon as Klopp is gone.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1169 on: November 11, 2021, 10:56:20 am »

I’d give him to the end of the season before predicting his future.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1170 on: November 11, 2021, 10:57:14 am »

What? How can doing a higher profile and tougher job blow our chances?

If we were to seriously be considering him for the future (we shouldn't be, yet) then us preferring he stay in Scotland would be a bit of a baffling preference towards someone unambitious and not seeking challenges.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1171 on: November 11, 2021, 11:02:21 am »
When Klopp took over a Dortmund, nobody expected much. If Stevie is a great coach, he will take Villa beyond what people are expecting. Time will tell. Good luck to him

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #1172 on: November 11, 2021, 11:47:12 am »
I don't understand what is the rush to give him the job right after Klopp is done  ???  He is still young, plenty of time to get his opportunity here

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1173 on: November 11, 2021, 11:49:36 am »
I’d give him to the end of the season before predicting his future.

I didn't predict anything I just shared an opinion.

I'd absolutely love Gerrard to smash it there but what does smash look like in Villa. Top 10 and a cup run?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1174 on: November 11, 2021, 11:50:16 am »
I don't understand what is the rush to give him the job right after Klopp is done  ???  He is still young, plenty of time to get his opportunity here

This is an excellent point tbf.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1175 on: November 11, 2021, 11:51:04 am »
I didn't predict anything I just shared an opinion.

I'd absolutely love Gerrard to smash it there but what does smash look like in Villa. Top 10 and a cup run?

Away from the 'usual' top 4, there's no reason with that squad he couldn't be pushing for 'best of the rest', and then good runs in Europe.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1176 on: November 11, 2021, 11:51:47 am »

This.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1177 on: November 11, 2021, 12:08:03 pm »

He could manage another 7 years and still be the same age Klopp was when he took over us.

I think part of it does come down to the question of "what next?" after Klopp because there aren't a lot of direct comparable managers; it's usually short term options with different philosophies (like a Conte for example) or largely unproven/proven to be a step below Klopps level.

It's a hard question, hence why a lot of the media and fans fall on someone like Gerrard which is an ideal fantasy of a young Liverpool legend taking over.

But this is very much a question for what was it again, 3 or 4 years down the line, minimum.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #1178 on: November 11, 2021, 12:16:35 pm »

Maybe he wanted to break up the journey in going direct from managing Rangers to LFC

Seeing how the last guy who did that and how that turned out, maybe a wise decision.  ;)

fc

Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1179 on: November 11, 2021, 01:07:10 pm »

Finishing above United this season should be a realistic target.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #1180 on: November 11, 2021, 01:11:00 pm »
Good luck to him. As long as he beats Chelsea and City and anyone else challenging and loses to us then in my eyes he has done a very good job.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #1181 on: November 11, 2021, 01:45:59 pm »
Going to have to have a crack at the lottery after this.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1182 on: November 11, 2021, 01:54:06 pm »
There is no rush for Gerrard to Liverpool, as manager. It's one of the toughest and most unique jobs in football, doesn't matter how stellar his playing career.

Our recent best coaches, Rafa and Klopp spent years studying the game and getting insights from serious football people in their respective countries.

If SG has been absorbing similar lessons and is forming his own mentality and 'take' on football management, then maybe one day, he will get a shot.

No rush for that day to be in 2024.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1183 on: November 11, 2021, 01:57:25 pm »
I have an industrial strength dislike of Villa, so despite seeing him take an undoubted step-up in his career Im a bit torn (ditto Rafa/Bitters).....on the plus side, I can go happily go back to hating Rangers again...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #1184 on: November 11, 2021, 01:59:11 pm »
Finish above Birmingham City

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #1185 on: November 11, 2021, 02:01:12 pm »
The headline is "Gerrard to Villa", but all I keep remembering is his delicious late, winning free-kick goal at Villa Park when Nando just joined.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1186 on: November 11, 2021, 02:03:39 pm »
The obsession of so many people with him taking over at Liverpool is absolutely fucking insane and him getting this job changes nothing about that.

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1187 on: November 11, 2021, 02:09:20 pm »
Anyone know what the Rangers reaction has been like?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1188 on: November 11, 2021, 02:11:37 pm »
Anyone know what the Rangers reaction has been like?

Some are mad, some understand why.  If you ask someone who doesn't like Rangers, they'll say they're all having a meltdown, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Think a lot of them are accepting of it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #1189 on: November 11, 2021, 02:33:04 pm »
 What’s the betting that one of Tavanier, Kent and/or Morelos end up at Villa now?
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #1190 on: November 11, 2021, 02:35:33 pm »
Some are mad, some understand why.  If you ask someone who doesn't like Rangers, they'll say they're all having a meltdown, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Think a lot of them are accepting of it.

Yeah, it's kind of a mixed bag. Some are calling him a rat, others are quite level-headed about it--thanking him for what he's done, but also expressing their disappointment at the timing of his decision.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1191 on: November 11, 2021, 02:42:20 pm »
Carragher on the subject of his 'apprenticeship':-
Steven Gerrard will only ever want to become Liverpool manager on merit, and the Liverpool supporters will only want him to become Liverpool manager on those terms, not because of some kind of romantic homecoming. When Klopp goes, Liverpool will only employ the best man for the job, as they did when making their last appointment in 2015. Gerrard's connection is an advantage if the day comes when he is a serious candidate. Until then, it is a subject overplayed and should not be on the agenda right now.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1192 on: November 11, 2021, 02:55:16 pm »
Away from the 'usual' top 4, there's no reason with that squad he couldn't be pushing for 'best of the rest', and then good runs in Europe.
Exactly. If West Ham can do it, why can't Villa?

All the best Stevie, except against us!

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: November 11, 2021, 02:57:08 pm »
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1194 on: November 11, 2021, 03:22:07 pm »

Yeah we should give it to a coach who is actually younger & failed when he went into management.

I'm hoping that the Boss signs a short extension.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #1195 on: November 11, 2021, 03:23:22 pm »
Maybe he wanted to break up the journey in going direct from managing Rangers to LFC

Seeing how the last guy who did that and how that turned out, maybe a wise decision.  ;)

fc
Get some of the bitterness and paranoia acquired in the SPL out of his system
YNWA

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #1196 on: November 11, 2021, 03:24:05 pm »

Yeah we should give it to a coach who is actually younger & failed when he went into management.

I'm hoping that the Boss signs a short extension.
yes. Preferably 8-10 years
YNWA

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1197 on: November 11, 2021, 03:25:48 pm »
Great move for Stevie imo. Gone are the days of romantic appointments. Only way Stevie gets the top job is if he gets experience in one of the major European leagues at a leading club. Villa fits the bill to perfection in my eyes. We get to see if he’s up to snuff
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1198 on: November 11, 2021, 03:40:33 pm »
Doesn't sit right with me but then I've always had a (largely) irrational hatred for Villa.

Not irrational to be fair, they are a giant gang of c*nts.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #1199 on: November 11, 2021, 10:08:38 pm »
I'll be interested in how much of Aston Villa's private internal business gets blurted out on Monday Night Football.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.