Author Topic: FA CUP 3RD ROUND DRAW TONIGHT 7.30 PM  (Read 11463 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FA CUP 3RD ROUND DRAW TONIGHT 7.30 PM
« Reply #160 on: December 3, 2018, 08:48:03 pm »
Yet still out of the three trophies the ‘easiest’ to win. I think we will rest 5 or 6 first team starters but not comply change it.

Luckily we have a strong squad. But like against Chelsea there are players like Van Dijk, Robertson, Salah, Firmino that need protecting and none of them should be near games like this.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: December 3, 2018, 08:51:16 pm »
Will be a tough one (although Wolves have been rubbish lately). Despite them being a PL side, have to think they'll be resting some key players as their focus will surely be on PL survival this season.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: December 3, 2018, 08:51:22 pm »
Anyone would think we got City

Wolves are nothing. Didn't they get slapped by Watford and Huddersfield at home. I wanted a Woking/Southport away so that they can get big money and we can beat them

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: December 3, 2018, 08:55:27 pm »
Why do we always get PL teams, even in the Champions League? Boring draw.

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: December 3, 2018, 09:00:09 pm »
Crap draw and will be straight after Arsenal and Man City away. I always want us to have a go at the FA Cup but we'll absolutely have to play full strength sides for the preceding 2 games, and I'd rather we rested players than risked burnout after 2 doubtless gruelling matches the previous week. Hopefully our 'freshest 11' will prove to be enough on the day and hopefully Wolves will decide to rest a few too...

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #165 on: December 3, 2018, 09:14:05 pm »
Lovely

Revenge
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: December 3, 2018, 09:41:19 pm »
We got West Brom last year, rested some players and that was that. Personally, I think playing a team near the bottom of the Premier League is probably better.

Sure on paper City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs & Arsenal have got more favourable draws, but I tell you what I would rather avoid the away ties. Does nobody remember the Exeter/Plymouth games? The whole country is wanting you to get beat, on a shit pitch in front of the cameras. Sure it's a much easier game, but getting beat in these games will be remembered for years and years to come.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 3, 2018, 09:44:57 pm »
We got West Brom last year, rested some players and that was that. Personally, I think playing a team near the bottom of the Premier League is probably better.

Sure on paper City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs & Arsenal have got more favourable draws, but I tell you what I would rather avoid the away ties. Does nobody remember the Exeter/Plymouth games? The whole country is wanting you to get beat, on a shit pitch in front of the cameras. Sure it's a much easier game, but getting beat in these games will be remembered for years and years to come.

We hardly rested anyone of note at that time. Salah, Mane, Firmino and Van Dijk all played.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #168 on: December 3, 2018, 09:47:01 pm »
I thought we were nailed on for Villa the way the pot was diminishing there.....easily one of the toughest ties of the round though in the end!

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: December 3, 2018, 09:51:27 pm »
Bored of playing prem teams in the cups.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: December 3, 2018, 09:53:03 pm »
Wolves squad depth is non-existent.  I don't remember the exact stat but didn't Nuno break some record for picking the same starting 11 week after week this season?  They look burnt out after 14 games of once-a-week football!

I would have preferred a home tie but give me Wolves over some lower league fairytale chasers any day.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #171 on: December 4, 2018, 12:45:29 am »
Not a bad draw, at least we won't have to play some yard dogs. Obviously being at Anfield would've been nice but we haven't taken advantage in previous year

to be honest this is going to be forgotten about for the next 31 days, bigger fish to fry.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: December 4, 2018, 12:46:22 am »
If we're still in the title race and have progressed to the CL knock-outs then a weakened side would be understandable. If we're not then we should be going balls out for this, still our most likely route to a trophy.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #173 on: December 4, 2018, 09:06:01 am »
Just knew with around 16 teams left and Wolves away being the toughest that we would get them.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: December 4, 2018, 09:45:39 am »
Not arsed.
I hate early rounds in the FA cup at anfield with the whole of the anny road filled with gobshite fans and their anti scouse hilarity. We tend to play a weakened team and fuck it up too.
Hope we get a massive allocation and rekindle the spirit of '76. I'm sure there's a song in there somewhere  ;)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: December 4, 2018, 10:07:04 am »
Because of playing City on Thursday 3rd, I reckon we will be the Monday night FA cup game.

Agree with the poster a few posts above. Wolves look shot at already and are going seriously backwards and could well be in the relegation places come January.

Out of the few that was left at the end of the draw. A home draw would obviously have been nice but Wolves away was better than a hike to South Wales or away at those gobshites Villa.  Both would be very tricky ties too.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: December 4, 2018, 10:20:40 am »
:lmao

Just seen the rest of the draw, did Pickford do the draw to get back at us?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: December 4, 2018, 10:23:25 am »
I doubt I’ll be going but I don’t really get what the moaning is about? Decent away trip Wolves, big allocation hopefully. Granted we could have got an easier tie but I hate going to those matches. Remember Havant and Waterlooville that time? Every man and his dog wanting us to lose, 5,000 people who’ll never go to another away in their lives in the road end in fancy dress? Fuck that.

Just play a strong team and we’ll beat them.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #178 on: December 4, 2018, 10:24:38 am »
:lmao

Just seen the rest of the draw, did Pickford do the draw to get back at us?

Not allowed to do the draw....his arms would have trouble reaching the balls.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #179 on: December 4, 2018, 11:00:00 am »
I doubt I’ll be going but I don’t really get what the moaning is about?
Just play a strong team

Answered your own question there.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: December 4, 2018, 11:19:42 am »
Answered your own question there.

Not really? It’s the FA Cup, not the Community Shield. We haven’t won anything since 2012. As I’ve said before, every time we’ve tried it in the past we’ve ended up getting knocked out. Wolves home, Barnsley home, Burnley away, then ties we eventually won but were far harder than they needed to be like Exeter City and Plymouth. I could go on. People seem to think because we have a stronger squad it’s magically going to change but that’s far from guaranteed. The opposition will be bang up for it at this stage, so just get the tie won.

If anything drawing the likes of Wolves who will have one eye on staying in the Premiership is likely to be an advantage compared with drawing a mid table championship team who won’t be going up or down and will plough everything into it.

It astounds me that every year people have the same attitude when literally every time it goes the same way.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #181 on: December 4, 2018, 11:26:15 am »
Not really? It’s the FA Cup, not the Community Shield. We haven’t won anything since 2012. As I’ve said before, every time we’ve tried it in the past we’ve ended up getting knocked out. Wolves home, Barnsley home, Burnley away, then ties we eventually won but were far harder than they needed to be like Exeter City and Plymouth. I could go on. People seem to think because we have a stronger squad it’s magically going to change but that’s far from guaranteed. The opposition will be bang up for it at this stage, so just get the tie won.

If anything drawing the likes of Wolves who will have one eye on staying in the Premiership is likely to be an advantage compared with drawing a mid table championship team who won’t be going up or down and will plough everything into it.

It astounds me that every year people have the same attitude when literally every time it goes the same way.

We don't have the squad to win the treble mate, we're going to have to rotate at some point. A cup tie against a lower league side would have been the perfect opportunity to do that.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: December 4, 2018, 11:30:12 am »
2015/16 - Drew 0-0 at home with West Ham in the 4th round, knocked out in the replay at their place

2016/17 - Taken to a replay by Plymouth Argyle, scraped past them 0-1 only to get knocked out by Wolves away in the 4th round.

2017/2018 - West Brom, winless in 21, ended our 19 game unbeaten run at Anfield in the 4th round. We had basically a full strength line-up.

Do we just have a bit of an attitude problem with this competition under Klopp? Eyes on other prizes? Or is it just a coincidence?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: December 4, 2018, 11:37:04 am »
The narrative is already set now by fans and pundits. Best chance of a trophy, Klopp needs one, pick your best players. It will be rattled out all the time even up to when the team is published.

Fans are going to have to realise that this isnt that important.

Who the fuck are you to be telling people what competition is or isn't important? You've absolutely no right to dictate that to people, or indeed celebrate in any way if we did go on to win it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: December 4, 2018, 11:57:13 am »
2015/16 - Drew 0-0 at home with West Ham in the 4th round, knocked out in the replay at their place

2016/17 - Taken to a replay by Plymouth Argyle, scraped past them 0-1 only to get knocked out by Wolves away in the 4th round.

2017/2018 - West Brom, winless in 21, ended our 19 game unbeaten run at Anfield in the 4th round. We had basically a full strength line-up.

Do we just have a bit of an attitude problem with this competition under Klopp? Eyes on other prizes? Or is it just a coincidence?

To be fair, we played a very strong 11 against West Brom last year. Its just that we were shite on the day and turned in the worst performance of the season.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: December 4, 2018, 12:03:16 pm »
To be fair, we played a very strong 11 against West Brom last year. Its just that we were shite on the day and turned in the worst performance of the season.

Yeah I mentioned that, which made me question if this is more of a mentality/attitude problem towards the early rounds of this competition. Maybe the players know, consciously or not, that it's below the League and CL in importance and this reflects on the pitch
« Last Edit: December 4, 2018, 12:04:47 pm by Dench57 »

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: December 4, 2018, 01:02:35 pm »
We've not had the best circumstances really. 2015/16 mediocre squad, fixtures every 3 days, were also in the Europa League, had qualified for the league cup final a few days before the first game v West Ham so was way down the list of priorities hence the shit teams we picked. 2016/2017, again a mediocre squad, had played a league cup semi 3 days before which was a morale denting loss, were in a bit of crap form anyway, losing to Swansea at home etc. Them two years are understandable, we couldn't pick a first 11 and it showed. Last year was the one that was shit, no excuses.

Time to rectify it now, we've got the squad.

Offline commando

• Main Stander
« Reply #187 on: December 4, 2018, 01:09:36 pm »

We're we not at home to Wolves?

Offline commando

• Main Stander
« Reply #188 on: December 4, 2018, 01:13:12 pm »
One thing for me is that our second string is stronger than in past seasons.  The players who come in for anyone who is rotated are likely going to be the very first team regulars who were rotated out in past cup ties.  I'm thinking of the likes of Migs, Moreno, Lovren, Sturridge and some others. 

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #189 on: December 4, 2018, 02:02:49 pm »
Annoyed we didn't get a dogshit team at home for obvious reasons

Really want to win something this year so don't want to be going out this competition cheaply...
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #190 on: December 4, 2018, 02:17:39 pm »
Is this really a few days after City?

Shit .. Danny Pacheco might get a game

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 4, 2018, 02:44:01 pm »

Our squad has been too thin for years now, whenever we get to these games the key players are always knackered.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #192 on: December 4, 2018, 02:48:02 pm »
Is this really a few days after City?

Shit .. Danny Pacheco might get a game

Conor Coady will definitely get an appearance too
The change is cast

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #193 on: December 4, 2018, 02:58:20 pm »

It's especially disappointing that we can't even point out that we've had unfavourable draws in The Emirates FA CUP because Exeter, Plymouth, Everton and WBA are all garbage sides.
The change is cast

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #194 on: December 4, 2018, 04:28:32 pm »
If Wolves have a rough December, they could rest lots, so could we.
But Klopp is expected to put out a strong side nevertheless.
Doubters to Believers

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
« Reply #195 on: December 5, 2018, 10:10:21 am »
Think we finally have a big enough squad to believe we can rest 5/6 players and go through against Wolves surely!?
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #196 on: December 5, 2018, 10:22:22 am »
The team that played Chelsea in the league cup will do
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #197 on: December 5, 2018, 02:19:53 pm »
Those of you confused what kind of team we will play, here's the truth:

If we're still in the title race (that means 6 points or less behind Man City) then we will give some key players a rest for this one. If Man City got more than six points lead on us, we will throw everything against Wolves, that's for sure.

They are precisely the type of team we've played weakened sides against in the Cup under Klopp and lost. And yes, we've been getting shit draws for a while now. This is another time where a 2nd or 3rd division side would've given us the rest we deserved.

I had a look at the last time we started in the league like this, that was in 90/91, we had a couple of FA Cup replays with a certain team and the King decided to quit in the middle of all that pressure... and then we went on an iffy run and lost the league to Arsenal. The rest is history.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #198 on: December 6, 2018, 03:35:00 pm »
We're moved to Monday night.

So our new year schedule is:
Thur 3 Jan  City (a)  8.00pm
Mon 7 Jan   Wolves (a)  7.45pm
Sat 12 Jan  Brighton (a)  3.00pm

3 aways in a row isn't nice, but at least there's 4/5 days between them.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75