Author Topic: The Stadium Tour  (Read 37160 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Stadium Tour
« Reply #40 on: January 5, 2008, 03:25:54 pm »
Last time I went was after the treble year, etc and getting a photo with the 5 cups was great.
Been a couple of times and its OK. I'd liked to have seen inside the club more rather than just the changing rooms and the outskirts of the pitch because they won't let you near it.
Due another visit I think.

Offline neilinneslfc

• Kopite
« Reply #41 on: January 5, 2008, 03:59:01 pm »
I got the Anfield experience for my Christmas of the missus where you get the meal and all the jazz.......anyone done that before?

was going to go the day before a game but will be changing that plan

I got the anfield experience of the missus n all, not sure when were goin but cant wait.  Would love to read some posts from people who've done this before - just so i know how good it will be.
Lets twat these fuckers!!!!

Offline lfcbabe1984

• Kopite
  • Stevie G's the man!
    • Diane's Wonderland
« Reply #42 on: January 5, 2008, 04:17:54 pm »
I've done the stadium tour, almost 2 years ago now (22nd January 2006). Spent £30 in the club shop, the tour was brill and the museum was the best. I would recommend it to anyone and would love to do it again one day.
You'll Never Walk Alone!

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
« Reply #43 on: January 5, 2008, 05:15:19 pm »
I have done it last time I went to London for a business trip (2005).  Took a train from Euston and watched the Charlton game with Riise / Garcia scoring 2 screamers, and then stayed in the suburb for a night and then next day making the stadium tour.

Worth every single penny -- the only regret that I have is that if I go 1 year later I would be able to take picture with the real cup, instead of 4 fakes. :-)
We won it 6 times

Offline Rob17

• Legacy Fan
  • The Ultimate Wingman
« Reply #44 on: January 5, 2008, 05:28:02 pm »
The first time i went after jan molby's testemonial i found a bar of soap in the bath area so thought no one would miss it and took it a souvenir. Went i went back this year they told the tour no one was allowed in the bath area as people kept stealing the soap! i hung my head in shame :-\

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #45 on: January 5, 2008, 05:32:38 pm »
Been three times and it's alright for a tenner.

First time I went we nicked a bar of soap from the baths and planted it in a family friends bathroom (United fan) - this went unnoticed until we mentioned it a few weeks later.  She was mortified that she'd been sharing a bar of soap with Stan Collymore.

Dad's a teacher, 5/6 years ago, if you asked to borrow a pen in one of his classes you got the speech about how "I will want this back, it's Gerard Houllier's pen"...another steal!

Went again last Autumn with my former partner, the bloke who was doing it was alright really - kept up some good banter for the kids, whilst not 'dumbing it down' so much as to make it dull for the older people present.

You can't beat having a look at the trophies and memorabilia, as well as the sign and the dugout.

Even if you don't fancy it so much yourself, take your kids.

Offline Bridgy

• Don't cross him.
  • Main Stander
    • For all your needs
« Reply #46 on: January 5, 2008, 05:59:54 pm »
Lucky enough to have been friendly with Skippy and many years ago our kid and me spent many happy hours playing around anfield on the pitch and in the stands while Craig took pictures (amateur photographer).  This was, of course "pre-tour" but nothing beat it.

Anyone remember the old dug-outs with Joes fags scattered everywhere?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #47 on: January 5, 2008, 06:04:34 pm »
Lucky enough to have been friendly with Skippy and many years ago our kid and me spent many happy hours playing around anfield on the pitch and in the stands while Craig took pictures (amateur photographer).  This was, of course "pre-tour" but nothing beat it.

Anyone remember the old dug-outs with Joes fags scattered everywhere?

That's brilliant, you should try and post a few pics mate.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline murgaz

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48 on: January 5, 2008, 06:09:57 pm »
Went on it way back in 1988. They used to show a video at the start about fans arriving for the match and it was only me and me arl fella walking along towards the camera! They played it again so I could relive my piece of Anfield history :)

Offline Bridgy

• Don't cross him.
  • Main Stander
    • For all your needs
« Reply #49 on: January 5, 2008, 06:16:57 pm »
That's brilliant, you should try and post a few pics mate.

Wish I had some, Craig kept them all.  When I next see him I'll ask what he's got (20 years ago remember).

The one that springs to mind is me keeping goal while our kid took pens at the kop end.  You know like half time now but without the ghoulish Phil Easton hanging about.  Craig stood behind and took shots of our kid through the net.  The old school good net not this modern rubbish.

Then it was back to Sanny Park for pictures with the Canon trophy (shit quality that one)

Offline Paul_Nudge

• Main Stander
« Reply #50 on: January 5, 2008, 06:45:21 pm »
When I was at school in the early 90's there was a lad 3 years above me who was on Liverpool's books. He went down to Anfield with two other lads from his year, think they were buying tickets or something. Anyway, he takes them inside Anfield and sees Peter Robinson walking down the corridor and shits himself and tries to explain that he thought it'd be ok to bring his mates with him while he was there. Peter Robinson just laughed apparently and said it was ok and he could show his mates round the changies and stuff. Anyway, 15 year old boys being 15 year old boys ended up down the tunnel and onto the pitch. One of the lads runs up to the Kop goal and pretends to shoot with an imaginary ball and runs up and starts dangling on the crossbar, at which point they realised there was some sort of official tour taking place in the Main Stand!!!!
Moses said come forth, but we came first!

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 6, 2008, 01:17:37 am »
I went on it in 2003, found it very inetesting and got some nice photos (not on my mobile of course ;)). I'm v.happy to say that I am one of the privaledged few that can say they've walked down players tunnel and touch TIA sign etc.

Going to be sad when Anfield goes :(

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 6, 2008, 01:21:13 am »
Haven't done ithe tour myself but really want to especially having read others' accounts.

What are the normal tour times midweek anyone?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #53 on: January 6, 2008, 02:27:24 am »
Q. What times are the Stadium Tours?
A. Tours are run 7 days a week, depending on fixtures; there are no stadium tours on home match days, and on the day before all televised games, we often have to run 'mini tours'.
Tours are run from 10am to 3pm everyday, typically on the hour, with half-hourly tours added at peak times. During British Summer Time, 3.30pm tours are often run.
Please note; we reserve the right to alter these times and availability at short notice, to accomodate other needs of the Club, or maintenance, within the stadium.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/club/tourfaq.htm
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 6, 2008, 02:28:44 am »
Cheers 4pool.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #55 on: January 6, 2008, 02:32:39 am »
They do say book early.. :wave
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline youngie

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #56 on: January 6, 2008, 10:53:22 am »
think i am going to book the tour now

Offline ATEAMOFCARRAGHERS

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #57 on: January 6, 2008, 12:06:11 pm »
me wife paid for this thing called the ultimate anfield experience. its were you go to the ground have brekky, then you go the acadamy with 2 ex lpool players( we had whelan, and davy johnson) and they do some training with you and have a 7 a side, which is fuckin great, playing alongside ronnie whelan! then tou go back to anfield and have a 5 course meal. a few beers. and a Q and A with them both which was well funny! after that they take you on the stadium tour and round the museum. TOP DAY recommend it to any red!
How many of you have been on the stadium tour?

In all the years of going to Anfield it's never been something I had considered, or bothered, going on. I have done work inside Anfield when it has been shut and walked round all the stands etc so kind of thought to myself I had seen it. But because it was work, there was no chance of me being anything but professional.

However, my bird has paid for me and her to go on the tour tomorrow as part of my birthday presents and I am well excited! The tour of Barcelona's ground was great, but being able to touch the This Is Anfield sign is going to be a dream come true.

Obviously, I am going to take the camera. But are there any other bits people have particularly enjoyed?

15/4/89 never forgotten.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 6, 2008, 12:09:51 pm »
me wife paid for this thing called the ultimate anfield experience. its were you go to the ground have brekky, then you go the acadamy with 2 ex lpool players( we had whelan, and davy johnson) and they do some training with you and have a 7 a side, which is fuckin great, playing alongside ronnie whelan! then tou go back to anfield and have a 5 course meal. a few beers. and a Q and A with them both which was well funny! after that they take you on the stadium tour and round the museum. TOP DAY recommend it to any red!

Sounds great, that can't be cheap though!

Offline ATEAMOFCARRAGHERS

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #59 on: January 6, 2008, 12:11:37 pm »
200 notes mate.
Sounds great, that can't be cheap though!
15/4/89 never forgotten.

Offline leccyred

• Kopite
  • Luis Garcia - a Red through and through
« Reply #60 on: January 6, 2008, 12:36:39 pm »
£450 for two persons £245 for one. Sounds a good day out though.

http://www.visitliverpool.com/site/ultimate-anfield-experience-p148101

Offline paulcompton

• Doesn't trust Rafa
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 6, 2008, 01:18:12 pm »
Been on quite a few stadium tours around europe and our's ranks as one of, if not the, worst of them.

They don't really show you anything. In through the players entrance, the changing rooms and out into the dugout.

The problem with Anfield is that internally the stands aren't really integrated. But even so, they used to take you into the players lounge and even allow you to see the baths in the changing rooms - they don't allow this now due to health and safety!

Other stadium tours take you into the players lounge, directors box, control room, the highest seat etc.

It's worth doing if you're a Liverpool fan but I doubt many other fans would get that excited by it. It's a bit short in comparison to other major european grounds.

Spot on. I did it because you have to don't you but relative to other tours it is crap.

Offline rutlandred

• Kopite
  • SOS
« Reply #62 on: January 9, 2008, 12:58:36 pm »
My Mrs got me a stadium tour / 3 course meal ticket for christmas (because I won't let her come the match with me..) and apparantly you get to meet an ex-player (imagine it will be Dvaid Fairclough).

Haven't booked the tour yet but I'm thinking of doing it this summer and will let people know how it goes...I don't know anyone who's done this tour before but I imagine its the same tour with a Maccy D's thrown in at the end  8)

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2008, 05:58:39 pm »
right ...thought i'd cheer you up with a tale of the tour....

went today and it was great.....started off with the museum and was fantastic....

great to see all the past and memorabilia.....and the 5th European Cup looked great!

The tour itself was great from the story over our dressing room door being shorter to the non settin changing room floor.....

Whole morning was well worth £10 each....would recommend to all

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2008, 02:39:13 am »
How long does the normally tour last and how often do they start
please folks?

Offline all_funkt_up

• ....the valentino of the boards... really knows how to treat a lady.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget. Never Buy the Sun.
    • The Daily Punt
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2008, 01:41:16 pm »
My Mrs got me a stadium tour / 3 course meal ticket for christmas (because I won't let her come the match with me..) and apparantly you get to meet an ex-player (imagine it will be Dvaid Fairclough).

Haven't booked the tour yet but I'm thinking of doing it this summer and will let people know how it goes...I don't know anyone who's done this tour before but I imagine its the same tour with a Maccy D's thrown in at the end  8)

I bought that for me Dad last summer but havent got round to booking it yet. This thread has got me thinking, I will sort out a date first thing tomorrow and get it done.
Roy. Shut up. Just shut up.

Betting Banter and Stuff

http://thedailypunt.com/forum/

"Zlatan was released by Ajax because of his fucking attitude. Released by Juve cos just not good enough to play alongside Trezeguet.
He won't score or make an assist at

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2008, 02:49:52 pm »
How long does the normally tour last and how often do they start
please folks?

believe they are every hour and last an hour.......

definitly book in advance.....

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2008, 04:05:48 pm »
believe they are every hour and last an hour.......

definitly book in advance.....

Thanks for that.

Offline jwill2127

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp is the man
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2008, 06:41:12 pm »
Do you get any money off the tour or museum with your ST?
Our support since 2005 is f@@@@@ @@@@

Offline paulcompton

• Doesn't trust Rafa
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2008, 01:36:25 pm »
There is a webcam above the home dressing room door. Anybody know a link to it ? Can't find it anywhere.

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2008, 02:36:33 pm »
i did the

i did the the 3 course meal thing about 3 seasons ago,you have an ex player in your suite,we got Gary Gillespie.

Offline smuj

• Kemlynite
  • Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em.
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2008, 10:57:49 am »
Me old fella took me as a boy and I got to take my kids on Xmas Eve 2006.  They loved it and got loads of pictures taken.  Couldn't go on the pitch but sat in the dugout and the changing rooms.  Museum tour afterwards, they saw all the trophies.  Top day out.

There seems to be a running theme, the tour guides are excellent - plenty of humour and knowledge.  Definately recommend it to anyone who hasn't been.

"I owe Bob more than I owe anybody else in the game. There will never be another like him." Kenny Dalglish on Bob Paisley

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2008, 12:10:53 pm »
Did it a while back now before we won No. 5 and it is a bit short but, it was great touching the sign and the highligh for me was the old Spion Kop barrier, could've stood there for ages only my mate moved me on. ::)
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline Robb27

• Main Stander
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2008, 09:12:58 pm »
Went on the tour earlier this year & was well chuffed with it.Only a tenner and you get to sit in the players' dressing room,touch the TIA sign & go out the tunnel pitchside and sit in the manager's/subs seats.The museum's well worth a visit too,loads to see in there. :)

Offline steph3

• Boys Pen
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2008, 10:18:39 am »
went to the stadium tour on the day after the juventus match in 2005
will join the tour again next thursday~

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 4, 2008, 01:38:54 am »
Been to the museum a few times. Me and two mates once skipped most of the day at a University fair at Liverpool Uni to go and see Old Big Ears.
 Only been on the Stadium Tour once, for my Birthday when I was a kid. My parents told the club is was my birthday, and they gave me some stuff. It was only basic stuff - a certificate/card and some stationery and the like, but I was still chuffed. I've still got a photo of me somewhere sitting in the dressing room between Fowler and Owen's shirts with a great big grin on my face.

Offline Demandred

• Do not forsake me oh my darlin
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'll be waiting, with a gun & a pack of sandwiches
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2008, 07:51:48 pm »
Went last season however it was the day before a match so it was only a mini tour, which means you can't go into the changing rooms or out on pitchside, still a great experience but I've got to do the full one.
Any one got any more on the "mini tour"?
With the Blackburn game being moved to Sunday I thought of doing the tour on the Saturday but it'll be a mini and it sounds a bit dry to be honest

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2008, 11:32:15 am »
Any one got any more on the "mini tour"?
With the Blackburn game being moved to Sunday I thought of doing the tour on the Saturday but it'll be a mini and it sounds a bit dry to be honest

I went on the mini tour before the Uruguay international. As above you can't go in the dressing rooms but you still toouch the sign, go through the tunnel and sit in the dugout. Final destination is still the museum so if you can live without the dressing room its worth it.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline Demandred

• Do not forsake me oh my darlin
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'll be waiting, with a gun & a pack of sandwiches
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2008, 07:19:00 pm »
Brilliant - thanks Armin. Let's be honest, touching the sign's all that matters!

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2022, 12:04:35 am »
Anyone been on the match day tour? Is it any good? I'm bringing my lad up in February and want to do a tour too for him. I don't know if match day would be better or the day after?
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604