Author Topic: Jarell Quansah  (Read 98732 times)

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jarell Quansah
« Reply #1120 on: April 8, 2024, 08:22:22 am »
Less strong players mentally would have buckled after such a fuck up. The fact that he kept on playing well afterwards gives me great hope for his future it was his first big mistake not like he makes them constantly.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1121 on: April 8, 2024, 08:57:24 am »
It was a dreadful mistake but he didn't let it affect the rest of the game, which is pretty impressive for such a young lad in that inviroment. 

It's all part of his development and if other players could have been better in front of goal it wouldn't have been as important.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1122 on: April 8, 2024, 09:54:45 am »
Seen it again this morning and it looked even more lazy than yesterday.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1123 on: April 8, 2024, 10:12:50 am »
That was a .04 Xg chance from Opta. So it was not easy even wo the goalie in position. Like the best chance of the game was the one Fernandes miss hit and Kelleher had an easy save(he was also onside by the looks of it)

Yes, unfortunately for Jarell, it was an exceptional take by Fernandes. 99% of the time, that mistake wouldn't have resulted in a goal, even if it wasn't an ideal place to give the ball away.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1124 on: April 8, 2024, 07:39:01 pm »
Seen it again this morning and it looked even more lazy than yesterday.

Same. Love the lad but what on earth was he thinking?

VVD was back and Kell was back to his right clearly off his line.

He could have gone back to Kell or past forward.

His lazy ball is spinning my head.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1125 on: April 8, 2024, 07:41:41 pm »
Get over it people, he's a young lad and young players make errors, he'll learn from it. Had Konate made the error would he be this much criticised I wonder?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1126 on: April 8, 2024, 07:45:59 pm »
Same. Love the lad but what on earth was he thinking?

VVD was back and Kell was back to his right clearly off his line.

He could have gone back to Kell or past forward.

His lazy ball is spinning my head.
He’s misjudged the pass, it happens multiple times every match to every player. Most of the time it doesn’t lead to a goal. Unfortunately this time it did.

He has a casual style about him similar to Virgil, which means some think he’s been too casual. It also helps makes him the excellent player he is. It proved costly on this occasion but says a lot about him that he played really well after it had happened in a match like this.

If we’d taken our chances it wouldn’t have been as costly as it was. That’s the real issue for us, not just in this game, despite winning most games we aren’t always as clinical as we need to be at the moment
« Last Edit: April 8, 2024, 07:47:51 pm by duvva 💅 »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1127 on: April 8, 2024, 07:50:41 pm »
The mistake has been made all players make them and it was a good strike by Fernandes.

He should have passed back to Kelleher as Van Djik was telling him but shit happens he played well afterwards.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1128 on: April 8, 2024, 07:56:32 pm »
He’s misjudged the pass, it happens multiple times every match to every player. Most of the time it doesn’t lead to a goal. Unfortunately this time it did.

He has a casual style about him similar to Virgil, which means some think he’s been too casual. It also helps makes him the excellent player he is. It proved costly on this occasion but says a lot about him that he played really well after it had happened in a match like this.

If we’d taken our chances it wouldn’t have been as costly as it was. That’s the real issue for us, not just in this game, despite winning most games we aren’t always as clinical as we need to be at the moment

It’s true. We should have been out of sight.

Against a rival you to be two goals up, certainly against UTD away.but you need to concentrate massively.

His future is bright and let’s not forget he went down the right to feed Elliot who got the pen.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1129 on: April 8, 2024, 10:01:35 pm »
Lad needs our support.

Sad that he has turned comments off on Instagram but fully expected in today’s world.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Buster Gonad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1130 on: April 8, 2024, 10:26:59 pm »
Lad needs our support.

Sad that he has turned comments off on Instagram but fully expected in today’s world.

He did the right thing to avoid the melts.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1131 on: April 8, 2024, 10:37:45 pm »
Lad needs our support.

Social Media should be switched off. World was a better place without it
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1132 on: April 8, 2024, 11:02:33 pm »
Lad needs our support.

Some of the dickheads off here no doubt.

Was one of those shit happens moments, kids had an incredible season.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1133 on: April 8, 2024, 11:04:05 pm »
quansah did really well leading up to the penalty

he will be fine jurgen will start him again on thursday

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1134 on: April 9, 2024, 05:08:28 am »
The mistake will hopefully serve him well in the future as it will (hopefully) mean he won't make a blind pass again.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1135 on: April 9, 2024, 06:18:02 am »
Lad needs our support.

Pathetic by those people.  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #1136 on: April 9, 2024, 07:00:10 am »
This lad has been nothing short of magnificent for us this season when called upon.

Nunez, Salah and Diaz's profligacy is why we lost on Sunday, not Quansah's mistake.

Anyone having a pop at him is an utter disgrace.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1137 on: April 9, 2024, 08:07:20 am »
All players make mistakes. I'm surprised it's taken Quansah this long to make his first major error.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: April 9, 2024, 08:15:06 am »
@ing a player with criticism on social media is something that's very difficult to understand.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1139 on: April 9, 2024, 05:54:49 pm »
Just shows how hard it is to play centre back for us. A high line, front foot defending essential, winning your one on one battles crucial, got to be good on the ball and capable of carrying it forward yourself or making progressive passes. One poor pass 45 yards from goal can lead to a chance.

Frankly feels miraculous that a young lad can have played so many games for us without making a mistake like that sooner. And pretty mad that even out more established options make it look so easy.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1140 on: April 9, 2024, 06:14:46 pm »
What I like about Quansah (and Bradley actually) is that when they make a rare mistake, they don’t give two shits.

All players make mistakes, especially young players.  How you deal with it is by far the most important thing
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1141 on: April 9, 2024, 06:37:03 pm »
What I like about Quansah (and Bradley actually) is that when they make a rare mistake, they don’t give two shits.

All players make mistakes, especially young players.  How you deal with it is by far the most important thing
Spot on.
I teach for living and always say to my pupils, who do you want to do work in your house, a) the person just out of college who's never made a mistake b) the guy who's been doing it years and has made hundreds of mistakes.  After they choose "b" I ask them why there getting so upset about their mistakes.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1142 on: April 9, 2024, 06:43:53 pm »
He's ace.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1143 on: April 9, 2024, 07:33:20 pm »
I hope he shut comments off preemptively rather than because he was getting abuse. Jurgen even told him to do it in the presser.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1144 on: April 10, 2024, 03:42:02 pm »
@ing a player with criticism on social media is something that's very difficult to understand.

Not if you're a complete c*nt with nothing else to do, then it's entirely understandable

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1145 on: April 10, 2024, 10:53:33 pm »
Tbf he could have closed the comments to shut out trolling from rival fans as much as anything. Seems sensible.

In regards to his actual mistake, degree of bad luck. Bruno is the only one that does that for them. Anyone else just runs into Virg imo.

As has been said, the rest of the game you wouldn't have been able to tell from his performance that had happened. There was no lack of confidence or him trying too hard. Just his normal composed game. That's a really good sign.

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1146 on: April 11, 2024, 05:07:56 am »

I love him. I remember his first game when he came on as a sub, it was a very intense game think it was against Newcastle? with his first touch of the game he made a composed unexpected pass thru the middle, couldn't believe how calm he was. He is going to be top player for us. Mistakes are normal even VVD did a terrible one against Arsenal.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1147 on: April 11, 2024, 11:36:26 am »
The guys been an absolute revelation. He does however every now and then remind you that he is very young and very inexperienced at the level. No getting around that, because hes very young and very inexperienced at the level. I miss Matip desperately.

Having said that i fully understand any youngsters going to make the odd mistake and youve just got to take the good with the bad. Hes got all the tools hes years ahead of schedule in terms of development and his contribution has been immense.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1148 on: April 11, 2024, 03:25:25 pm »
I'd start him against Atalanta unless he has a knock. He's been very good and it will boost his confidence even more.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1149 on: April 11, 2024, 03:49:23 pm »
I'd start him against Atalanta unless he has a knock. He's been very good and it will boost his confidence even more.
I'd bring him in off the bench, so the crowd can give him a huge welcome.  the lad deserves it.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1150 on: April 14, 2024, 04:38:38 pm »
Perhaps a view held only by me, but I cannot shake the feeling that our season has hinged on the emergence and unwarranted omission of this young man.

Outstanding when called upon, resolute in defence and brilliant in possession, he has provided the perfect complimentary piece to Van Dijk in both style and character.

Discarded on account a single error in favour of a more "illustrious and reputable" colleague, how dearly his absence has cost us...

He is our future, he is the future - the next in the lineage of outstanding ball playing centre-backs that have reaped acclaim and award throughout the history of English football. The sooner we embrace that the better.

The past ended at 4:00 PM this afternoon, with a barely audible whimper.
The future starts now.