Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1757260 times)

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #11080 on: November 8, 2019, 02:17:51 pm »
I know exactly how you feel. As a supporter for many years now I have become increasingly disillusioned with the changing profile of the crowd. It's like the match is almost secondary to getting to the food and drink early. Against Spurs there was a dangerous free kick at the Anfield Road End in the closing minutes of the first half and loads streamed out with hardly anyone giving a fleeting look back at the pitch. The number who simply fu*k off early and/or arrive late is staggering and it's getting worse as it becomes 'normal'. I have no idea how to change this as it's not just corporates or day trippers. Perhaps watching Liverpool has now become simply entertainment and 'customers' can do what they want to enjoy their 'experience'. It doesn't help having stewards dressed with huge flags on their back to help the poor souls without a clue where they are or being thanked for coming and hoping that they see me again! It's like a visit to a supermarket.

its 2019

not everyone wants the same out of football,

Tuesday was flat because its a shit game against a shit team who we should roll over on a freezing night.

if you expected it to be any different i'd be shocked.
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11081 on: November 8, 2019, 05:21:12 pm »
its 2019

not everyone wants the same out of football,

Tuesday was flat because its a shit game against a shit team who we should roll over on a freezing night.

if you expected it to be any different i'd be shocked.

I was commenting generally about how for a growing number of people actually watching the match for the full 90 minutes is impossible when getting food and drink or an early dart is at stake, not about the Genk game as such. Genk was flat but I've been to worse.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11082 on: November 8, 2019, 06:04:32 pm »
It's happening!

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/premier-league/1196195/manchester-city-star-kevin-de-bruyne-keen-to-tackle-anfield-atmosphere/

De Bruyne on Anfield.

Fucking hell Kev, just stick in a transfer request already and come play for us. He can’t help himself every time.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #11083 on: November 10, 2019, 12:04:30 pm »
If you're going today, ramp it up so the cheats can't hear themselves think. The '12th man' thing is not an overused cliche, it's real.

You can play your part today as a fan, give City a fuckin dogs life of a reception, stuff like that has to affect them.

We are the European Champions, remind City of this at an ear splitting volume!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #11084 on: November 10, 2019, 12:15:20 pm »
If you're going today, ramp it up so the cheats can't hear themselves think. The '12th man' thing is not an overused cliche, it's real.

You can play your part today as a fan, give City a fuckin dogs life of a reception, stuff like that has to affect them.

We are the European Champions, remind City of this at an ear splitting volume!

We shall not be moved.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/R9B26fXTj4c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/R9B26fXTj4c</a>

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #11085 on: November 10, 2019, 12:19:28 pm »
We shall not be moved.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/R9B26fXTj4c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/R9B26fXTj4c</a>

Remains my best ever memory as a kopite to this day!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11086 on: November 10, 2019, 12:27:47 pm »
Rocking today. It's gonna be fucking rocking.

I really, really, hope we score an early goal. First ten minutes. That lights the blue touch paper.

Lets scare the fucking shite out of em'.  :scarf

Online Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11087 on: November 10, 2019, 01:00:14 pm »
I was commenting generally about how for a growing number of people actually watching the match for the full 90 minutes is impossible when getting food and drink or an early dart is at stake, not about the Genk game as such. Genk was flat but I've been to worse.

Got to agree. People seem to have a strange obsession with food at the match. I understand drinking more but I'm not sure why people can't go 90 minutes without eating.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11088 on: November 10, 2019, 01:19:44 pm »
Butterfly already.   Lunch and off for the bus welcome.  In early and will be giving it loads. 

St Etienne remains the loudest I have ever heard Anfield.  No doubt anyone old enough can tell us about Inter or Celtic in the 60s.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 01:21:30 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11089 on: November 10, 2019, 01:20:51 pm »
Butterfly already.   Lunch and off for the bus welcome.  In early and will be giving it loads.

Only one? Lucky you.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11090 on: November 10, 2019, 01:22:39 pm »
Only one? Lucky you.  :D

It’s a fucking big butterfly!  ;)
We are Loyal Supporters

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11091 on: November 10, 2019, 01:23:38 pm »
It’s a fucking big butterfly!  ;)

Give it loads, it will soon fly away.  ;)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11092 on: November 10, 2019, 01:30:04 pm »
We shall not be moved.

I read that Fergie was at that game.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11093 on: November 10, 2019, 01:33:14 pm »
Got to agree. People seem to have a strange obsession with food at the match. I understand drinking more but I'm not sure why people can't go 90 minutes without eating.

It's ridiculous. I get into the Golden Dragon and eat walking up to the ground. Delicious and no hunger pains forcing me to miss the action on the pitch.

Can't wait to see us beat City today.

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destination Anfield(postponed)scratch that.Sorted
« Reply #11094 on: November 10, 2019, 01:58:25 pm »
I wonder if or when Sean Cox will be announced as attending and welcomed to Anfield again..that would make the already toxic (to City) atmosphere go over the charts.  Maybe after warmups?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 02:01:31 pm by NYCRedsFan »
Not your typical OOT. Do-er of good deeds.

Offline number 168

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11095 on: November 10, 2019, 02:45:18 pm »
Remains my best ever memory as a kopite to this day!
Setting off soon for a couple in the Arkles as I did in 1977. It was the greatest night in my life as a Liverpool supporter bar none, Chelsea and Barcelona included. If we can get anywhere near the noise of that famous occasion it will be enough to rattle City. Come on lads let's give it all we have got!

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11096 on: November 10, 2019, 07:10:23 pm »
Fucking class today in the Kop. Nark was unreal. Plastic c*nts.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11097 on: November 10, 2019, 10:55:29 pm »
Came across as loud and hostile on the box,  except for a nervous 20 -odd minutes in the second half. Well done and thank you  everyone who was part of it and showed them just what loud partisan support's all about ....again.

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11098 on: November 11, 2019, 03:21:34 am »
Where does that one rank in terms of Premier League atmospheres? Only watched on TV but sounded as good as I've heard in the past 10 years. Intimidating and genuinely hostile for 90% of the game.

Offline Wigan Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11099 on: November 11, 2019, 12:20:54 pm »
As good as iv heard it for quite a while yesterday, was bouncing in 109. Heavy fall for the first goal though, covered in bruises here as it should be  ;D

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11100 on: November 11, 2019, 12:24:37 pm »
I read that Fergie was at that game.

This must have been pre black eyed peas.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #11101 on: November 11, 2019, 12:25:36 pm »
Cracking atmosphere yesterday. Even the Kop wasn't shite for a change :P
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #11102 on: November 11, 2019, 11:51:59 pm »
As good as iv heard it for quite a while yesterday, was bouncing in 109. Heavy fall for the first goal though, covered in bruises here as it should be  ;D

Same over the way in 108. Must have been impressive, got a text from a Utd supporting mate asking why we were copying Greek and Turkish small club derbies by whistling and booing. Prick..
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #11103 on: November 12, 2019, 12:01:21 am »
Was very good, still a big hint of nerves throughout the ground though, when City were attacking mainly. Great performance on and off the field though, hopefully can retain some amount of noise when we play the weaker teams.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11104 on: November 12, 2019, 12:14:17 am »
Same over the way in 108. Must have been impressive, got a text from a Utd supporting mate asking why we were copying Greek and Turkish small club derbies by whistling and booing. Prick..
That is so bizarre, particularly from a United fan. You expect it from an Abu Dhabi bandwagon jumper who knows nothing of European football, but you expect more knowledge from the red three quarters of Manchester.

Whistling and booing when the opposition have the ball has been a major thing in big European grounds throughout my entire lifetime. You'd think these people had never seen a big game in Europe, ever.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11105 on: November 12, 2019, 09:33:31 am »
The YNWA at the end boomed out of the T.V...only downside was that it speeded up a bit..just imagine that Shankly, Paisley and Fagan are in the stands watching(they probably are) and it will come out loud and slow :)

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #11106 on: November 12, 2019, 07:11:11 pm »
That is so bizarre, particularly from a United fan. You expect it from an Abu Dhabi bandwagon jumper who knows nothing of European football, but you expect more knowledge from the red three quarters of Manchester.

Whistling and booing when the opposition have the ball has been a major thing in big European grounds throughout my entire lifetime. You'd think these people had never seen a big game in Europe, ever.

To be fair to them, they only know booing from when their own team leaves the pitch after a shite game... ;)

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #11107 on: November 13, 2019, 12:49:41 pm »
Where does that one rank in terms of Premier League atmospheres? Only watched on TV but sounded as good as I've heard in the past 10 years. Intimidating and genuinely hostile for 90% of the game.
I think it is up there. Chelsea and Spurs last season was good in spells but not as consistently as good as on Sunday. Sunday was arguably better than Dortmund imo, there's a lot of revisionism about the atmosphere of that game because of the result/ending. Dortmund had a good 10-20 minute spell of a drop-in atmosphere post-reus goal. The intensity of the crowd on Sunday, much like the team, didn't drop at all and was akin to the Barca game. I was in pretty much the same seats for all the games (304 for European and 208 for leagues). Only game I can't compare it to is City 13/14 as I couldn't get a ticket for that.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #11108 on: November 27, 2019, 11:39:44 pm »
Never been in a more disgraceful crowd in a very long time. That was final days of Hodgson bad. I've been to better League cup games.

Moaning arses telling me to sit down and be quiet. Moaning to the stewards getting everyone to sit down.. At a European game!

No one had any idea where they were sitting.

Shameful

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11109 on: November 27, 2019, 11:41:57 pm »
Never been in a more disgraceful crowd in a very long time. That was final days of Hodgson bad. I've been to better League cup games.

Moaning arses telling me to sit down and be quiet. Moaning to the stewards getting everyone to sit down.. At a European game!

No one had any idea where they were sitting.

Shameful

Was odd

Didn’t think it was as bad as Genk though. No idea what’s happened to us this year. Think winning it has taken the edge off?

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #11110 on: November 27, 2019, 11:45:05 pm »
Didn’t sound very lively on the tv, could hear the players shouts at some points. Surprised me a bit as the players desperately needed the crowd tonight, but sometimes when we’re playing as flat and frustrating as we did for periods it probably doesn’t help.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11111 on: November 27, 2019, 11:59:19 pm »
Very poor tonight.  Got going for 10 minutes after we scored then back into the slumbers.  4/10.
We are Loyal Supporters

Online gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #11112 on: November 28, 2019, 12:54:50 pm »
Shite again last night. Too many moaning twats. Need to appreciate what we have, whilst we have it. Easy to get complacent and forget where we were a few years back. Expect it to pick up in the knockout stages should we get there.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #11113 on: November 28, 2019, 12:59:01 pm »
I went to the game and everyone was nonplussed. Quite a few are worried that good cup runs could take the title away from us.

I'm the same. I'd rather us be out of all the cups and just go hell for leather trying to win the league.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #11114 on: November 28, 2019, 01:11:43 pm »
I went to the game and everyone was nonplussed. Quite a few are worried that good cup runs could take the title away from us.

I'm the same. I'd rather us be out of all the cups and just go hell for leather trying to win the league.

That's the Gary Neville theory of trophy-collecting isn't it? 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11115 on: November 28, 2019, 02:42:46 pm »

Being in the European cup didn't hamper our title challenge last season. We got 97 points.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11116 on: November 28, 2019, 02:46:11 pm »
Terrible given the importance of the game.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11117 on: November 28, 2019, 02:51:16 pm »
Very poor tonight.  Got going for 10 minutes after we scored then back into the slumbers.  4/10.

That's how it sounded on TV too.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11118 on: November 28, 2019, 03:06:12 pm »

a

I could make a case for this in the domestic cups but can't understand anyone who would happily go out of Europe. Especially when we are the holders. I was devastated in 06 when we lost to Benfica. It felt like what was ours was wrestled away from us.

To be honest I want us to win the title over anything like everyone else but once we have one (again) give me another few european cups over any more titles over the next few years. How often do you have a side that are genuinely feared by every team in europe?

It's frustrating that we have to go down to the last group game again but I'd rather us go through and drop points in a league game coming up then go out or end up in the Europa. Why would you not want more nights like City, Roma, Bayern, Barca coming up?
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #11119 on: November 28, 2019, 03:14:05 pm »

Thing is we can’t go out. The worst that can happen from here is the Europa League
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp