Author Topic: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency  (Read 199166 times)

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Legacy Fan
  • pass and move.
Re: Bitcoin
« Reply #280 on: May 27, 2017, 03:40:08 am »
Value is there. Plan to sit on it until the end of the year and we will all have a lovely christmas indeed.
"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: May 27, 2017, 09:29:40 am »
Are people not concerned about the reliability of the Coinbase platform? Users around the world seem to be stuck at the bank declined payment stage. Is SEPA a better option to circumvent this?
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #282 on: May 27, 2017, 11:18:02 am »
Just seen the prices, wow! Wish the funds were already in coinbase as there's no way it will stay this low. Tempted to buy through Cryptomate...

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: May 27, 2017, 11:43:07 am »
Almost $100 less than Wednesday.

Going to keep my eye on it may also go cryptomate
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: May 27, 2017, 11:47:44 am »
Cryptomate is tedious - I've had about 2 transactions in 15 attempts...it acts as a middle man between you and a vendor. Most of the time no one accepts your purchase.

I can vouch for Bitpanda - I did webcam verification and have bought £1000 worth while the price is low'ish. 

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: May 27, 2017, 06:21:14 pm »
just bit the bullet and got some more with crytomate. (after 6 attempts!!)
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: May 27, 2017, 07:49:52 pm »
I got in when it was crashing earlier...its steadily recovering...wondering whether to go in again.

A big Chinese exchange has announced it will start to hold ETH...

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: May 27, 2017, 10:21:25 pm »
I'm £700 in so far at an average purchase of $150. Happy with that. Got another £1,500 waiting to hit Coinbase which won't happen now until Tuesday so will wait and see where the price is then

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: May 28, 2017, 08:54:33 am »
When buying on Cryptomate you're giving your Coinbase ETH wallet address?

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: May 28, 2017, 09:03:57 am »
Yes they get sent to my Coinbase wallet

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: May 29, 2017, 12:52:36 pm »
How have people found the IDnow webcam verification process for Bitpanda?
Is it as straight forward as it seems? Some of the online reviews say its a nightmare with long waits.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: May 29, 2017, 01:24:03 pm »
Is it as straight forward as it seems? Some of the online reviews say its a nightmare with long waits.

Took me about 5 minutes - my webcam wasn't clear enough so the sexy German woman sent me a link for my mobile.

You have to faff about with your passport...show them the hologram etc.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: May 29, 2017, 01:39:24 pm »

First time it crashed mid-conversation. Second, third and fourth time it crashed after about 25-35 mins of waiting in a "queue" and getting from 100th place to around 20th in line. Not sure if that makes it better or worse than Coinbase :)
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: May 29, 2017, 03:31:33 pm »
Didn't work for me, were 65 people ahead of me and then it crashed.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: May 29, 2017, 04:05:13 pm »
Seems like a nightmare. So without verification you're stuck with just 50euros to buy ETH on Bitpanda.

Coinbase seems the best but may not be the most reliable during a trading frenzy. Cryptomate has higher prices.

Are there any other decent trading platforms around?

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: May 29, 2017, 06:03:30 pm »
I'm hoping my £1,500 arrives with Coinbase tomorrow !!!

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #296 on: May 30, 2017, 08:01:26 am »
I'm hoping my £1,500 arrives with Coinbase tomorrow !!!

Same as at, are you planning on using it all straight away or watching the market for a bit first?

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #297 on: May 30, 2017, 09:05:45 am »
Not that it's helpful for you guys but I could finally add my card to CoinBase this morning.

Apparently Etherium is going to start appearing on the Chinese trading markets shortly too, can only mean good things right?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 09:07:37 am by mattybeard »

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #298 on: May 30, 2017, 09:14:54 am »
Nice one, drawn out process but i'm sure will be worth it in the long run!

Bit annoyed that I didn't get some more bought when it dropped to just above £100 Saturday morning...

Offline mattybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #299 on: May 30, 2017, 09:19:04 am »
Nice one, drawn out process but i'm sure will be worth it in the long run!

Bit annoyed that I didn't get some more bought when it dropped to just above £100 Saturday morning...

I said to the missus when I saw the crash that if I had any more cash to lose, now was the time to invest it!

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: May 30, 2017, 09:29:01 am »
Best to just get in and invest now.

Going by Coinbase's forum theres a lot of frustrated people still waiting for their bank transfers to be verified!

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: May 30, 2017, 09:31:32 am »
Same as at, are you planning on using it all straight away or watching the market for a bit first?

I thought that this morning, may see if drops at all. Real shame the money wasn't in the account on Saturday !!!

Just got my Mastercard approved on Coinbase
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 09:34:32 am by Thomas »

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: May 30, 2017, 11:32:40 am »
My transfer has just arrived in Coinbase euro account. Now the question of to buy now or hold off?

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: May 30, 2017, 11:39:17 am »
yes I think that's a good call. I'd be happy to get it between $175 - $180.

Will the launch on the Chinese bitcoin exchange tomorrow bump up the price though?

Offline mattybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #304 on: May 30, 2017, 11:41:22 am »
yes I think that's a good call. I'd be happy to get it between $175 - $180.

Will the launch on the Chinese bitcoin exchange tomorrow bump up the price though?

I think so. I rounded up mine to be a nice solid ETH number and am just leaving it now. Don't want to log on until this time next week but I know I will.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: May 30, 2017, 12:11:11 pm »
when did you buy matty?

Offline mattybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #306 on: May 30, 2017, 12:12:33 pm »
when did you buy matty?

Friday evening and a bit earlier today. Average price is about $175-$185.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: May 30, 2017, 12:41:10 pm »
I've just gone in for some. Now at 10 in total.

Will leave the rest in the Euro account and see what happens later today. It's a piece of cake once the money is in the Euro account.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #308 on: May 30, 2017, 12:51:40 pm »
Hasn't this thread been locked more than once for 'investment' talk? :)

As a side note, I formatted my PC a few years back and lost my wallet.dat which had about £200 worth of Bitcoins in it. Would be worth £40,000 now if I magically recovered it, pretty mental.
:D

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: May 30, 2017, 01:11:38 pm »
Gotta say the whole ETH seems interesting, but the process seems very risky if you go by reviews of coinbase on various forums for example. Seems easy enough to (eventually) buy ETH if people want to but then the prospect of having funds withheld once you want to sell seems from many people that it can be a nightmare.

Are people taking a massive risk that coinbase will eventually cancel their account or refuse to send back money as many people online say?

I think investing in currency/stocks is one thing but does the whole cryptocurrency have a separate risk altogether with setting up through such companies as coinbase or Gemini?

It is definitely a very interesting subject with the possibilities it has and major companies now looking into it.

Offline mattybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #310 on: May 30, 2017, 01:34:46 pm »
Gotta say the whole ETH seems interesting, but the process seems very risky if you go by reviews of coinbase on various forums for example. Seems easy enough to (eventually) buy ETH if people want to but then the prospect of having funds withheld once you want to sell seems from many people that it can be a nightmare.

Are people taking a massive risk that coinbase will eventually cancel their account or refuse to send back money as many people online say?

I think investing in currency/stocks is one thing but does the whole cryptocurrency have a separate risk altogether with setting up through such companies as coinbase or Gemini?

It is definitely a very interesting subject with the possibilities it has and major companies now looking into it.

You can if you want to just take the ETH out of Coinbase entirely and store it in your own wallet. You are running risks of sites shutting down, but that's the case with most things. CoinBase seems to have a reliable following, it's only getting negative press at the moment due to their inability to cope with an influx of new accounts.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: May 30, 2017, 02:07:38 pm »
You can if you want to just take the ETH out of Coinbase entirely and store it in your own wallet. You are running risks of sites shutting down, but that's the case with most things. CoinBase seems to have a reliable following, it's only getting negative press at the moment due to their inability to cope with an influx of new accounts.

So why is it that most don't use Exodus for example rather than Coinbase after bitcoins are purchased? As even if the site was to shut down I think you can still take your locally stored private key and then use in another software. Seems bitcoins via coinbase then onto exodus maybe easier to trade especially in times of high activity.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: May 30, 2017, 02:40:03 pm »
Just downloaded Exodus. Looks neat.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: May 30, 2017, 03:09:09 pm »
Also, I suppose you could cut out coinbase altogether with a Bitcoin ATM and pop it straight into a wallet. I imagine even with a standard atm bitcoin charge of around 5% it would work out similar considering sepa charges a lot of banks have for transfers along with usual exchange charges.

Just downloaded Exodus. Looks neat.

Yeah it does, support seems pretty great too.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: May 30, 2017, 04:19:12 pm »
Yes just got a little bit more.

All mine has now been transfered to Exodus. Strapping in for the ride!

Offline mattybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #315 on: May 30, 2017, 04:32:41 pm »
I need to wait until I have a more reliable "permanent" PC before I can safely withdraw somewhere!

Or is it just a file I can open anywhere?

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: May 30, 2017, 07:21:14 pm »
You setup a back up which allows you access if anything happens to your machine.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #317 on: May 30, 2017, 07:51:28 pm »
It's so tedious setting up a coinbase account. Been trying to verify myself for a day and now I'm locked out for 24hours.

I'm the same as Kashinoda bdw, had a wallet way back in 2011 and I used to mine with two AMD GPUs.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: May 30, 2017, 11:30:12 pm »
It's so tedious setting up a coinbase account. Been trying to verify myself for a day and now I'm locked out for 24hours.

I'm the same as Kashinoda bdw, had a wallet way back in 2011 and I used to mine with two AMD GPUs.

Try using the mobile app to do it, it should get around the 24 hour wait.

Also it must be a photo taken direct from the camera not from a file.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: May 31, 2017, 07:05:17 am »
I need to wait until I have a more reliable "permanent" PC before I can safely withdraw somewhere!

Or is it just a file I can open anywhere?

I'm thinking of going with myetherwallet.com

Seems very clear and safe. You just save it to your PC and back it up on a USB.

I'm quite aprehensive about keeping large sums on coinbase  :-\