Author Topic: Charters - 2 WCS Dreamliner Flights + 1 WCS A350 Cancelled. See OP  (Read 80600 times)

Offline lego

• my ego
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
there's a couple of flights from budapest on saturday if you can get there

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Thanks for any advice from yourself and others - appreciated !

Spongebob I thought from earlier messages you were on similar flight to me. Did you never receive an e ticket from them?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Guys can you please confirm exactly which 3 WCS flights have been cancelled?

I have mates booked with WCS who don't have access to email at present.

thanks and really sorry to those effected.

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
25th May ET8700

27th May ET8701

26TH May ET8704

27TH May ET8705

26th May ET8706

27Th May ET8707

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
ET8700 out / ET8701 return
ET8704 out / ET8705 return
ET8706 out / ET8707 return

One of them is the 0930 from Manchester on Saturday morning.

The other two are likely Friday 1205 from Liverpool and Saturday 1000 from Liverpool.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 04:02:20 pm by vanoord »
But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'..

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite

Flight numbers affected and cancelled:

25th May ET8700

27th May ET8701

26TH May ET8704

27TH May ET8705

26th May ET8706

27Th May ET8707

Bold are outbound

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite

It’s the Ethiopian airlines flights. Flight numbers Et8700 departing 25th. Et8704 departing 26th and ET8706 departing 26th. Not sure from where sorry.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
surely the club has to step in and help those who are affected. So sorry for all the problems that has happened.   

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks for the replies :)

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
Just had a quick search on Skyscanner

Edinburgh to Lviv is coming in around £800 going tomorrow, back Monday

Luton to Lviv same dates around £700

Might help someone...
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Online willss

• Legacy Fan
Gatwick is available, £900 fly out tomorrow night and back on Monday. Direct to Kyiv
Hope this helps someone who's been shafted.
YNWA

Who with, my mate has just contacted me and he's affected.

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite

Check out Skyscanner. There is a BA from LHR to Kiev and then back on Ukrainian airlines. Its €1199. Other options there too.

Offline vanoord

• Kopite

You can search via Google

kiwi.com also seems to be able to find a few flights if you get inventive with where you start from.

With most of these sites, be very wary about them changing the dates of flights from the search to what they show you - and also watch out for arrivals with a small +1 next to them which mean they arrive the following day.
But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'..

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
Tomorrow - £869 Heathrow (leaves at 18.30) - Kiev via Frankfurt (overnight stopover) and then the same route back but arrive in Heathrow for 20:40. Might help someone.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 04:13:11 pm by bruffell06 »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
I've seen some good deals on SkyScanner (£550 return from Aberdeen, £678 from London) but you need to be creative and say goodbye to a direct journey there. Use these search conditions, play with the dates a bit.

:D

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Spongebob I thought from earlier messages you were on similar flight to me. Did you never receive an e ticket from them?

Yes amte , have the Eticket but there is little detail on it ( no flight number reference )  .

I was going out from Manc on Saturday at 9.30 and back on the Sunday at 1pm . Is this your flight also ? I got an email a few days later saying e tickets will be sent out later ?

I'm fucking confused now !

Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
just seen this james pearce twitter

mayor of liverpool
Working closely with @Vitaliy_Klychko to get the Kiev flights sorted - thank you for your help & support. Close to solution now and more details will follow soon.

12 replies 56 retweets 67 likes
Reply 12   Retweet 56   Like 67

its at the top of this twitter

https://twitter.com/mayor_anderson
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 04:23:48 pm by scousemas »

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
Yes amte , have the Eticket but there is little detail on it ( no flight number reference )  .

I was going out from Manc on Saturday at 9.30 and back on the Sunday at 1pm . Is this your flight also ? I got an email a few days later saying e tickets will be sent out later ?

I'm fucking confused now !

I've been sent an eticket but it does have the flight number on it for outbound and the return. Originally I was to be on the 4am or whatever it was from Manchester. But that was changed to the 11am flight Saturday.

Oh Fuck man. I don't know what to say mate. And to everyone here who has been affected. Unreal.

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I've been sent an eticket but it does have the flight number on it for outbound and the return. Originally I was to be on the 4am or whatever it was from Manchester. But that was changed to the 11am flight Saturday.

Oh Fuck man. I don't know what to say mate. And to everyone here who has been affected. Unreal.

No worries mate - glad you're sorted .

Have a good one - If I make it there I'll buy you a pint !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
ET8700 out + ET8701 return
ET8704 out + ET8705 return
ET8706 out + ET8707 return

All cancelled. Feel gutted for you guys. So sorry. Hope you can blag some route, somehow.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 04:43:20 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
Build your stadium Joe if you sort this
PSN:lr3487

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
Club have just tweeted too.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/999675105033760768

Liverpool FC is continuing to work with all relevant stakeholders in order to help resolve the situation that has left around 1,000 fans without flights to Kiev.

Full statement ➡️ lfc.tv/AHvY

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!

ET8700 out + ET8701 return
ET8704 out + ET8705 return
ET8706 out + ET8707 return

All cancelled. Feel gutted for you guys. So sorry. Hope you can blag some route, somehow.

*edit.  This is enough of a mess without making people worry unnecessarily.

It's limited to three packages. Dreamliners from Liverpool and Manchester flying tomorrow and Saturday. No other WCS flights are affected.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
No worries mate - glad you're sorted .

Have a good one - If I make it there I'll buy you a pint !

After the shit you guys are going through it will be on me mate!!

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

It's limited to three packages. Dreamliners from Liverpool and Manchester flying tomorrow and Saturday. No other WCS flights are affected.

Sorry, my bad.
YNWA.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"a dispute between the Widnes-based travel company and the aviation authorities in Kiev over the size of the aircraft has led to the trips being cancelled."
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline vanoord

• Kopite

The Manchester 0930 Saturday is the Airbus A350 Ethiopian Airlines flight, not a Dreamliner.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Slightly bizarre that WCS plane 1 + 2 from MAN which have been confirmed have the same flight number.
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Hash91

• Anny Roader
Another option to keep tabs on - London to Minsk by direct flight on 25th evening and then night train from Minsk to Kyiv. Hope it helps.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Sorry, my bad.

I'm on World Choice from Heathrow on Saturday. I knew about the problems with the three Dreamliner flights but when I saw 'six flights cancelled' I thought it might be mine as well. I had to drop the work I was doing because I was worried and started texting people.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Alan ,

Are you certain it's the dreamliners that are cancelled ?

I'm not booked on a dreamliner , but have never received confirmation of my flights ?

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm on World Choice from Heathrow on Saturday. I knew about the problems with the three Dreamliner flights but when I saw 'six flights cancelled' I thought it might be mine as well. I had to drop the work I was doing because I was worried and started texting people.

Sorry, in my head it made more sense (six individual flights!).

That said, I am absolutely anxious now that something is going to go down with Thomas Cook's flights now too. Sigh. :(
YNWA.

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

It's a fuckin mess - if you don't have your flight reference , how can you tell what's cancelled ?

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
Sorry, in my head it made more sense (six individual flights!).

That said, I am absolutely anxious now that something is going to go down with Thomas Cook's flights now too. Sigh. :(

Thomas cook flights will be fine.

Official club travel so will have gone down the right routes from the start

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
Slightly bizarre that WCS plane 1 + 2 from MAN which have been confirmed have the same flight number.

Our 11am flight has the number XLF0960
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Alan ,

Are you certain it's the dreamliners that are cancelled ?

I'm not booked on a dreamliner , but have never received confirmation of my flights ?

Yes - I spoke to them this morning. Three Ethiopean Airline Dreamliner flights. Kiev have given slots to 60+ private jets (probably very lucrative) and they pushed back on WCS saying the Dreamliners are too big.

Give them a call or email about your e-ticket. Have you had the text confirmation?

They included the fan information pdf in the email with the e-ticket and it bounced back from my usual email address because it was too big. They sent it to a different email and it went through ok.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
Our 11am flight has the number XLF0960

yes indeed. That's my one.

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yes - I spoke to them this morning. Three Ethiopean Airline Dreamliner flights. Kiev have given slots to 60+ private jets (probably very lucrative) and they pushed back on WCS saying the Dreamliners are too big.

Give them a call or email about your e-ticket. Have you had the text confirmation?

They included the fan information pdf in the email with the e-ticket and it bounced back from my usual email address because it was too big. They sent it to a different email and it went through ok.

Cheers Alan .

Had no text confirmation . If you're right , and I hope you are , my booking will be good ! Think the same will apply to a few others in here .

This all a bit stressful. Will update if I can get through to them .

Edit - just checked my eticket and its an A350 aircraft !
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 05:07:59 pm by Spongebob Redpants »

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do

Offline vanoord

• Kopite

Edit - just checked my eticket and its an A350 aircraft !

I was booked on the A350 (0930 from Manchester) and have the text to confirm that it has been cancelled.

I *think* the other two flights cancelled are are both Dreamliner flights from Liverpool - one Friday and one Saturday