Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool, Fabio Carvalho  (Read 122749 times)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool, Fabio Carvalho
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2022, 10:34:49 pm »
I have a feeling that in a few years we will be looking at Carvalho as the next Robertson type signing. The talent is obviously there, and if he is a willing learner, he could turn into a great player ...

Offline HenderSlav

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2022, 11:41:00 am »
any news on a shirt number?

According to insider sources, they're waiting for Mane to leave so he inherits #10 shirt.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2022, 06:40:21 pm »
Imagine:

Darwin 9
Diaz 7     Carvalho 10    Mo 11,
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2022, 06:47:27 pm »
Think the five subs means he'll get plenty of game time. I also think he's going to exceed all expectations. Really exciting signing.

Really hope we get to see him in the first team next season. The last three transfers have brought the average age of our squad down and I'm hoping we get to Carvalho, Elliott and Jones become real fixtures as part of the first team squad.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2022, 08:16:34 pm »
Imagine:

Darwin 9
Diaz 7     Carvalho 10    Mo 11,

Even better with Bobby...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2022, 08:18:41 pm »
Even better with Bobby...
True enough. Everything is better with a bit of Bobby
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2022, 08:35:50 pm »
True enough. Everything is better with a bit of Bobby

No slight on young Fabio intended...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Amelioration

• Boys Pen
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2022, 06:52:50 am »
Looks to be a good young player. I'm not sure we have a spot in the squad for all three of Jones, Elliot and Carvalho. I think one, if not two, should be loaned out in order to play regularly and improve.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2022, 07:08:02 am »
Looks to be a good young player. I'm not sure we have a spot in the squad for all three of Jones, Elliot and Carvalho. I think one, if not two, should be loaned out in order to play regularly and improve.

Which one would you like?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Amelioration

• Boys Pen
« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2022, 08:48:47 am »
Which one would you like?

Elliot has already proved he is good enough, both at Blackburn on loan and then in the first team at the beginning of last season. I think he might surprise us all again and depending on his fitness in preseason he may be a regular in midfield. I think Jones is the one that needs a loan the most as another season of only 20-30 games in all competitions will further stagnate him. A loan to a Championship team playing week in week out would be best. I would keep Carvalho so he can get used to Klopp's training methods and use him as an exciting option off the bench.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2022, 06:51:29 pm »
It's tricky because Klopp has said that he doesn't like loans for players he rates. He prefers them to learn within his training regime, not someone else's. He only tends to loan out very young players who need games for development or players whom he doesn't, at that time, expect to break through into first team contention (of course that can change later).

All three of Jones, Elliott and Carvalho are expected to make the grade so a loan is unlikely unless the player specifically asks for it

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2022, 06:52:46 pm »
#10 shirt is available now.  ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2022, 06:53:37 pm »
Grab it, Fab! And become it.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2022, 08:41:33 pm »
It's tricky because Klopp has said that he doesn't like loans for players he rates. He prefers them to learn within his training regime, not someone else's. He only tends to loan out very young players who need games for development or players whom he doesn't, at that time, expect to break through into first team contention (of course that can change later).

All three of Jones, Elliott and Carvalho are expected to make the grade so a loan is unlikely unless the player specifically asks for it
Elliott got a loan so he could play, I think was his request.
Im pretty sure Sepp van den berg is likely in Liverpool long term plans but considering CB is a very lightly rotated position his loans makes sense.
Yes otherwise I agree better learn from his training regime then somebody else.

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2022, 10:18:36 pm »

I remember when Coutinho joined, I was a bit surprised he took the no 10 shirt as I didn't know much about him.
I do wonder if one of the kids will take it, or maybe Bobby
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2022, 10:25:22 pm »
is Carvalho our Zico? would be cool af
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2022, 11:20:17 pm »
I remember when Coutinho joined, I was a bit surprised he took the no 10 shirt as I didn't know much about him.
I do wonder if one of the kids will take it, or maybe Bobby

Surprised nunez took 27. Thought Bobby would take the 10 and nunez takes the number 9.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2022, 11:25:45 pm »
                 Fabinho.       Elliot.

Mo.              Fabio          Diaz

Nunez

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2022, 11:36:33 pm »
Elliott on the left?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2022, 11:44:14 pm »
                 Fabinho.       Elliot.

Mo.              Fabio          Diaz

Nunez

Why are you leaving out the best midfielder at the club?

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2022, 11:44:46 pm »

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2022, 11:45:57 pm »
Why are you leaving out the best midfielder at the club?

There will be a lot of rotation.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2022, 12:04:59 am »
I think Jones is the one that needs a loan the most as another season of only 20-30 games in all competitions will further stagnate him. A loan to a Championship team playing week in week out would be best.
(aware I'm on the wrong player thread) I agree that Curtis needs a loan, but if there's any truth in Forest being keen I'd love him to go there for a year. He's better than the Championship. I think he's got all the talent in the world but lacks confidence. He's a bit 'rabbit in the headlights'. Hopefully if he goes out he'll come back and see his teammates as his equals rather than being above him, which is what it looks like at the moment.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #143 on: June 20, 2022, 09:00:16 pm »
To be honest I’m a more excited by his highlights reel than Nunez’s…

Offline Dundalis

• Kopite
« Reply #144 on: June 22, 2022, 12:58:48 pm »

I would say Jones is expected to make it as in, he is likely to be a useful squad player at best. You can say I'm going early, but I would say with pretty good conviction he's not going to become world class. He's an offensive threat who doesn't actually offer much offensively. And he's now 21 with a good amount of first team appearances under his belt, not a teenager.

Elliott looks really good, but what Carvalho produced in what is arguably the most difficult position to play in todays game (the number 10), was outstanding. Elliott put up numbers as good at a younger age for a team not as good, but I think it's easier to produce on the wing, than in a position that most teams don't even play anymore because it's so easy for teams to mark central attacking mids out of the game. Also all the reports are that Klopp guaranteed Carvalho will be part of the squad and not loaned out upon securing his signature. I'd say Carvalho is locked in to be part of the team, Elliott likely to remain also depending on any further signings, same with Jones.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #145 on: June 22, 2022, 02:23:36 pm »
Nice little piece on him on the BBC site.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61654325

Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2022, 02:16:24 am »
I was just going through stats of Carvalho in the championship. What surprised me was that not only was he good in dribbles which I expected 1.2 dribbles/90, he was amongst the top 20 passers for key chances created with 2.1 key chances/90. That is impressive. This combined with his dribbling and goal scoring makes him a serious player and maybe more ready than many presumed.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 02:19:21 am by Carra-ton »
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2022, 04:55:27 am »
Would expect Carvalho to be announced officially on Friday and wonder if they will give him the number 10 shirt? Big shoes to fill if they do, but would be a hell of a statement of confidence in the lad.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2022, 05:05:33 am »
Would expect Carvalho to be announced officially on Friday and wonder if they will give him the number 10 shirt? Big shoes to fill if they do, but would be a hell of a statement of confidence in the lad.
I'd rather they didn't. He's just a kid despite his enormous potential. Have him be a kid for another year. Just save the No.10 jersey for next season or the season afterwards. Pressure can only ruin this gem in the raw.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2022, 09:58:16 am »
The signing I'm more excited about, this could be the steal of the century.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2022, 10:40:41 am »
I'd rather they didn't. He's just a kid despite his enormous potential. Have him be a kid for another year. Just save the No.10 jersey for next season or the season afterwards. Pressure can only ruin this gem in the raw.
The kid said he's going for the Ballon D'Or. Don't think he's that arsed. If he wants the 10, he can have it imo.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2022, 01:58:06 pm »
Gone somewhat under the radar this transfer (from an outside LFC point of view). 

Which is great.  I think this transfer is going to be a very very special one.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2022, 02:13:50 pm »
Gone somewhat under the radar this transfer (from an outside LFC point of view). 

Which is great.  I think this transfer is going to be a very very special one.
Yep. I rarely make predictions about new players, but I have a good feeling about this one. With 5 subs he'll get more gametime than I think some are expecting, and I think he'll make the most of it.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: July 1, 2022, 12:58:01 am »
Welcome to Liverpool Fabio.  ;D

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: July 1, 2022, 08:47:25 am »
Welcome to Liverpool Fabio.  ;D

Kloppo won't like that beach muscle but he'll be popular with the girls  ;)

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #155 on: July 1, 2022, 09:18:25 am »
Think we'll see him in a red shirt today or will we wait until he's back for training?

Very excited about this transfer.
"Salahs in here......"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #156 on: July 1, 2022, 10:56:29 am »
Kloppo won't like that beach muscle but he'll be popular with the girls  ;)

Is that Paul Walsh?

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: July 1, 2022, 11:31:27 am »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: July 1, 2022, 11:53:36 am »