Author Topic: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Liverpool . Molineux. Saturday 4th December at 15.00  (Read 11570 times)

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
After that fantastic performance and result last night we move to Molineux for another Saturday 3pm kick off.
Games are coming thick and fast, but with the way we are playing I can't wait to watch us play again.

Referee: Chris Kavanagh. Assistants: Dan Cook, Dan Robathan. Fourth official: David Coote. VAR: Jonathan Moss. Assistant VAR: Timothy Wood.

HISTORY....Wolves away is a fixture I'll never forget for reason of 4th May 1976. A 3-1 victory to clinch the title, in the days before live tv, which I listened to on the family radio. Never ever forgotten that night. In the week of Ray Kennedy's passing , Ray scored our final goal that night in front of tens of thousands of Liverpool fans who had travelled south.

WOLVES.... They are currently in 6th place having played 14 on 21 points. They lost their initial 3 games this season under their new manager, ex Swansea and Sheffield Wednesday assistant Bruno Lage. Their form has tailed off again recently so it's surprising they're still 6th.

Last 6: Burnley h. 0-0
           Norwich a . 0-0
           West Ham h 1-0
           Palace a 0-2
           Everton h 2-1
           Leeds a 1-1

They have scored 12 league goals, compared to our 43, suggesting some defensive stability.

In any case I'd expect a harder game than that at Goodson last night.

Jimenez is an excellent player, not sure if he's the same after his head injury, whilst Hwang Hee Chan has looked useful. Traore may flatter to deceive again.

DIOGO JOTA....when we signed him from Wolves I wasn't sure about him. Wolves fans didn't seem that bothered. What a signing he's turned out to be. Great attitude, hard working, and has the knack of scoring goals. Superb. Thanks Wolves.

US.....apart from the blip at West Ham we have been excellent this season. 43 goals in 14 league games is unreal. It looks like it's a 3 horse race for the title , but we are a long way from home, still in the back straight. It does look to me though as we need to win most weeks in order to come top. Almost a perfect season really is required, 90 plus points.
This means another  must win game, and given the amount of chances we are creating each game, I'm positive about Saturday.

I'd leave the rotating until Milan. We are winning games comfortably allowing Klopp to take players off early, and he is saving legs this way. I'd play an unchanged team, and confidently predict a 3-0 win.

Chelsea are away at West Ham, whilst Man City are away at  Watford, so a win would be useful .

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Tempted to start Milly but same side if the lads are recovered.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Two Saturday 3pm kick offs in a row for us in the league. When's the last time that happened?

Online Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
Will be strange playing Wolves in daylight because it seems they have a policy to only play games at night. Keep Hwang and Jimenez quiet and we'll win, they're not a bad side but we should have enough to overcome them. 0-2.  :)

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Come on Redmen!!
Thanks for the op Brain. I agree Hwang could be interesting to watch and they are defensively solid, so this will be a good test of our current form They are not used to three in a week so that could help us.
Am sure we will win by a couple, Jota to get at least one. Suspect team willl be close to last twice out with AC Milan away on the horizon where changes can be made. Maybe just a couple to freshen legs.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Tempted to start Milly but same side if the lads are recovered.

Nah surely we see rotation in this? Konate, Tsimikas, Origi, Milner or Ox to come back in.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Will be strange playing Wolves in daylight because it seems they have a policy to only play games at night. Keep Hwang and Jimenez quiet and we'll win, they're not a bad side but we should have enough to overcome them. 0-2.  :)

Their Jean-Michel Jarre tribute act is going to look shite.

See how fresh everyone is I guess. They’re in the same boat and less used to it. Feels like they draw every week but looking at it they’ve only drawn three. They don’t score or concede many, but they haven’t played us yet.

We’ve scored 25 in 7 away from home. Usual story, no silly mistakes or lapses and you’d back us to win.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
I think we could and maybe should avoid too much rotation. We've hammered plenty of teams recently, allowing us to drop the pace in the second half and make a few subs, and our midfield + Robertson are all recently back from injury and don't necessarily have a huge number of games in their legs from the past month.

Milner could maybe come in but our midfield looks so good right now, I think it's better to keep them playing together and sub them early when possible. We can use the cup games for heavy rotation, a break every couple of weeks should be a huge help.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2021, 04:20:44 pm by Schmidt »

Online Redknight60

• Main Stander
Maybe jinxing things but I don't see how they live with us. You are likely going to have to score 2 just to get a point and they don't have goals in them. Think this will be a comfortable victory.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Two Saturday 3pm kick offs in a row for us in the league. When's the last time that happened?

Villa is a Saturday 3pm so 3 in a row

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
Should be a very equal game.  They've conceded 12 goals, we've conceded 12 goals.

Maybe the 31 more goals we've scored than them might make us the slight favorites... 

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
I think we could and maybe should avoid too much rotation. We've hammered plenty of teams recently, allowing us to drop the pace in the second half and make a few subs, and our midfield + Robertson are all recently back from injury and don't necessarily have a huge number of games in their legs from the past month.

Milner could maybe come in but our midfield looks so good right right, I think it's better to keep them playing together and sub them early when possible. We can use the cup games for heavy rotation, a break every couple of weeks should be a huge help.

Yeah can't see the point in rotating much for this, obviously anyone close to the red zone gets rested but with Milan next week being a dead rubber I think we can go with the strongest side for Wolves and then Villa, the congestion doesn't start until we play Newcastle on the 16th

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Cheers BP.

Glad we've finally achieved three consecutive league victories in the league - despite looking pretty decent 'on paper', we've not quite built up a head of steam. Now could be our chance - really important to keep pace with the top two and remain within touching distance when we face Chelsea in the new year.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
Thanks BP.

You know, maybe my memory is playing tricks but the first proper detailed season I took in was 81/82 and I'm sure Dalglish scored a daisy-cutter on a sand-patched pitch in a 2-1 win against these lot.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
I think we'll make 3 or 4 changes. Milner will likely come in in midfield given he's suspended for Milan and Ox will be in the frame. Although we were able to take off Thiago and Henderson early with the game won so it's possible we go again with that midfield.

Minamino may get a start if we rest one of the front 3. Tsimikas and Konate might come back in.

Wolves has to take obvious priority over Milan but it'll be the Wednesday/Saturday turnaround that Klopp factors into his team selection.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Referee: Chris Kavanagh.
Assistants: Dan Cook, Dan Robathan.
Fourth official: David Coote.
VAR: Jonathan Moss.
Assistant VAR: Timothy Wood.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Naby and Joe back in training.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Naby and Joe back in training.

That’s great to see, injuries starting to subside at the busiest point of the season
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They're doing group training again. So they definitely back. I think Kloppo will play them in Milan than against Wolves though.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
Keita back for Milan would be good. Don't want to have to use Fab/Hendo/Thiago for that and Milner getting himself suspended is one less experienced alternative and hopefully Morton will start.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
Nah surely we see rotation in this? Konate, Tsimikas, Origi, Milner or Ox to come back in.
I'd do that next week not Saturday.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
Thanks BP.

You know, maybe my memory is playing tricks but the first proper detailed season I took in was 81/82 and I'm sure Dalglish scored a daisy-cutter on a sand-patched pitch in a 2-1 win against these lot.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ulIUE8BKDlQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ulIUE8BKDlQ</a>

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Thought we looked strong yesterday and wouldn’t make too many changes myself.

Can still field a really strong side at Milan too giving minutes to some of the lads returning.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
Salah is a decent player so he should probably start.

Being a bit more serious, we tend to struggle after massive performances (I’d said Everton was one). Post-Man Utd we draw with Brighton, post Atletico we lose vs West Ham. Jurgen needs to manage the emotion and energy carefully so we can bin these hangover performances.

We could do with a win and some points dropped by City and Chelsea. We need to get ahead while we can. Remember, we are losing Salah, Mane, Keita for all of January and maybe the first week of Feb, depending on their country’s progress.  :-\

Finally, I love the aesthetics of red vs gold, reminds me of old school football, so hope we keep our home kit. It’s not as if you can confuse them.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I'd do that next week not Saturday.

They would have had quite a bit of rest with the game against Milan so surely they dont get the whole week off?

Plus its a Tuesday - Saturday set up next week so plenty of rest and recovery time in there.

Offline Darkness

• Tedious WUM, loves betting on Man U
  • Main Stander
Not enough goals in this wolves team to hurt us, they don't concede much though so will be a professional 2-0 I think.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We've won all our games against them the last few years but the ones at their ground always feel like a slog.  They haven't conceded a goal in 3 games while only scoring once in that time.  They are going to set up to make it a bore fest and have Adama and Hwang on the break.  Could be a tricky one this. 

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan

Wolves will park the bus and outside of Traore (who can’t shoot or pass) they don’t have a significant counter-attack threat. That suits us this year I fancy us to score and leave them without a plan to respond.

I’d go strong for this and rest players against Milan as many have suggested.

The one exception is Matip who struggles to play on short rest. Konate will be useful against their set piece threat and could start. I would also keep two of the midfield three and let Milly or Ox start for whichever of Hendo or Thiago is most knackered.

Same three upfront. If we go two goals up Divock can come on but we simply can’t afford to waste chances in an away game.

I don’t think we need to rotate heavily in the league till that Newcastle home game which sits between Villa home and Spurs away.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

We played at 8.15pm last night  ;)
But seriously, if you include Villa too then we'll have had 3 x sat 3pm weekend games in a row. Madness! Especially to have an away game at 3pm Saturday, usually get a maximum of 1 per season.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Would go for the strongest possible team, ideally unchanged, but I think there is room for the odd one, whether it's Konate/Tsimikas/Oxlade Chamberlain etc. This isn't the game to rest players right now or throw in several changes, not with a dead rubber Champions League match on the cards. Hoping to see a weaker team than the Porto one for that. We should be able to manage the next couple of weeks quite well if we play fringe players in Milan, because after that we have two more winnable home games against Villa and Newcastle. There's no reason at all why we can't make changes in that Newcastle game and see them off comfortably, they are seriously shit.

Wolves don't look particularly threatening but they won't concede many. I don't think Jimenez is coming back as the same player, not sure anybody could though. Traore can hurt you but he's largely harmless, and other than that there isn't really anybody who stands out. What happened to Podence and Neto? If they'd have kept Jota alongside those that could have been a tasty attack. Midfield will be key again, and I'd expect us to take control against an ageing Moutinho and co. Three points please, reds, by any means.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Dree

• Legacy Fan
I think we'll make 3 or 4 changes. Milner will likely come in in midfield given he's suspended for Milan and Ox will be in the frame. Although we were able to take off Thiago and Henderson early with the game won so it's possible we go again with that midfield.

Minamino may get a start if we rest one of the front 3. Tsimikas and Konate might come back in.

Wolves has to take obvious priority over Milan but it'll be the Wednesday/Saturday turnaround that Klopp factors into his team selection.

Why would Minamino start ahead of Origi?! I don’t get why we aren’t giving Origi minutes instead.

I think go with the strongest team available (maybe Konate in), we’ll still have a decent squad for Milan.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
The 3pm away - against a team that can be stuborn in defence after an amazing game midweek.
Classic recipe for dropping points  8)

Start fast, with a strong team - get in the lead early and put the onus on them. Then just manage the game to death

Professional 2-0 Liverpool win.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Strongest team and I'll take any sort of win, then onto the next. Rest them all v milan.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Think we'll see some rotation in this game right?  Maybe one of the front 3 and one of the midfielders to get rested but the majority of the same team as against Everton should play.

Alison
TAA
VVD
Konate
Tsmikas
Fab
Thiago
Milner
Salah
Mane
Origi

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Would go for the strongest possible team, ideally unchanged, but I think there is room for the odd one, whether it's Konate/Tsimikas/Oxlade Chamberlain etc. This isn't the game to rest players right now or throw in several changes, not with a dead rubber Champions League match on the cards. Hoping to see a weaker team than the Porto one for that. We should be able to manage the next couple of weeks quite well if we play fringe players in Milan, because after that we have two more winnable home games against Villa and Newcastle. There's no reason at all why we can't make changes in that Newcastle game and see them off comfortably, they are seriously shit.

Wolves don't look particularly threatening but they won't concede many. I don't think Jimenez is coming back as the same player, not sure anybody could though. Traore can hurt you but he's largely harmless, and other than that there isn't really anybody who stands out. What happened to Podence and Neto? If they'd have kept Jota alongside those that could have been a tasty attack. Midfield will be key again, and I'd expect us to take control against an ageing Moutinho and co. Three points please, reds, by any means.

Neto - long-term injury, not back for a while
Podence - expected back Saturday from injury
Neves - back from suspension Saturday
Jota - back at Molineux to wreak havoc against his old club
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

"Klopp: "Players' welfare is important but we're used to a tough schedule. I don't think we need to make too many changes at the start of December. Maybe the middle or the end but it's about constant conversations with the fitness/medical dept. We use all our data for the lineup. Wolves played Wedsnesday as well so we'll see about the lineup but I am not expecting seven or eight changes for this game. A big compliment to Bruno Lage there, it was not so easy after a long time with Nuno there. Everything was settled and happy there.""

Klopp seems to agree with you.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
"Klopp: "Players' welfare is important but we're used to a tough schedule. I don't think we need to make too many changes at the start of December. Maybe the middle or the end but it's about constant conversations with the fitness/medical dept. We use all our data for the lineup. Wolves played Wedsnesday as well so we'll see about the lineup but I am not expecting seven or eight changes for this game. A big compliment to Bruno Lage there, it was not so easy after a long time with Nuno there. Everything was settled and happy there.""

Klopp seems to agree with you.

We would see a lot of changes if we needed a result in Milan but theres no need to be going strong over there.

We can rest most of the team in midweek.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
I would expect Matip and one of our midfield to get a rest at the very least. There's no one reason to risk them when we have Konate, Milner, and Oxlade-Chamberlain ready to step in. Milan would be a better opportunity to give the front three a rest.

Wolves at Molineux has been a tricky fixture the last few years. Bruno Lage seems more adventurous than Nuno ever was though, so hopefully that will open up gaps for us in attack.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why would Minamino start ahead of Origi?! I don’t get why we aren’t giving Origi minutes instead.

I think go with the strongest team available (maybe Konate in), we’ll still have a decent squad for Milan.
Taki has looked good when starting or coming on as a sub.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Taki has looked good when starting or coming on as a sub.

It's to build Minamino's confidence when Salah and Mane are gone for AFCON. Origi is Origi - we know what we are going to get from him when he plays. He will also get minutes in the next few weeks for sure especially with the hectic schedule.