Author Topic: PL: Man United 0 v Liverpool 5; HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAPON  (Read 73376 times)

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Man United 0 v Liverpool 5; HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAPON
« Reply #1360 on: October 29, 2021, 04:14:03 am »
it's because of a few things. One is that it was the first goal and we absolutely ripped them a new arsehole with that move. We made it look ridiculously easy, and they must have felt stumped by it. The other is VAR and what its done to the game. Last season they got off with so many ridiculous calls whilst we got shafted by forensics on close calls. It was more out of hope and habit than anything that they thought that it was offside.
Yea I dont disagree. It just watching Liverpool so much you know what offside looks like because of who well the high line is run.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1361 on: October 29, 2021, 05:36:35 am »

Happening everywhere. Look at this over the caf:

;D

On a side note- that Klopper76's been on there for ages!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 09:07:34 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1362 on: October 29, 2021, 06:43:06 am »
I keep watching that first goal again and again. That is the symphony of attack that Klopp has got in to this team over years. It looks too simple, and many will say United were poor in defence, and it is true United should absolutely defend that better. But, the attacking triggers, and timing of passes is something which Klopp has got us to. We never were so classically coached in attack before, we relied on brilliance of Coutinho, Suarez, Gerrard and Sturridge but never this classic coaching in attack where the team has set patterns for attack which are so deep rooted it is automatic.
Just look at what Robbo does with that vertical pass, knowing that even if we lose it we have cover and numbers to counter press; that intelligence of knowing when to play the vertical pass, is what Klopp has mastered and to get it instilled in a team is genius. Then, the trigger for Naby to start running, as soon as Salah receives it, and Salah has his back to Naby, but Naby sees and starts running even before Salah knows Naby is there which creates a 2 v 1 in attack That is beautiful.
That is Klopp.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 06:45:16 am by Carra-ton »
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1363 on: October 29, 2021, 09:04:18 am »
it's because of a few things. One is that it was the first goal and we absolutely ripped them a new arsehole with that move. We made it look ridiculously easy, and they must have felt stumped by it. The other is VAR and what its done to the game. Last season they got off with so many ridiculous calls whilst we got shafted by forensics on close calls. It was more out of hope and habit than anything that they thought that it was offside.
Noticed that they called offside on basically every goal. The first goal was almost unanimously "offisde", but the rest, they took turns in declaring them offside at first, hoping it's offside or even begging that it be offside.
Not a problem really, because we all do that, but United fans are entitled in that aspect.

There's one lad (I think the second one), that's begging they get [paraphrasing] "given at least something" at either the 3rd or 4th goal.
That's the mentality these have. If someone scores against them, it must be offside.. if they struggle, "someone out there" (we know who) must surely "at least give us something".
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 09:10:52 am by the_red_pill »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #1364 on: October 29, 2021, 09:41:14 am »
Radio 5 commentary..

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/Gnts8todAx4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/Gnts8todAx4</a>

Thats great audio, keeping that.
In fairness to Dion Dublin and Murray, they both say that fernandes and ronaldos activities were lucky not to be reds..  as well as pogbas..
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1365 on: October 29, 2021, 01:22:30 pm »

;D
Leeds also sang it when they played Arsenal in the League cup this week. 😂
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1366 on: October 29, 2021, 01:38:42 pm »
I never noticed Mo getting cleaned out by Herman Munster, mainly because the reaction when he shot is saved means you stop looking at the screen. Seeing it back, its a deffo red and penalty.

What a shock the Manchester United supporting referee didn't give it, same as he only gave the ****** a yellow for booting the ball into Curtis and tried to get away with giving Carlton Pogba yellow for the assault on Naby.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1367 on: October 29, 2021, 02:11:05 pm »
Maguire is simply 84million quid worth of overgrown schoolboy.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1368 on: October 29, 2021, 03:34:47 pm »

;D

wonder if he's one of those supporters that lets the manu posters take the piss out of us and agrees with them.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1369 on: October 29, 2021, 03:39:53 pm »
Would love to see that clip of our friends BMG singing Ole's at the wheel vs Bayern.  :D
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1370 on: October 29, 2021, 04:04:46 pm »

;D

he’s an absolute weapon. Kisses Manc arse, and happily has digs at Liverpool, and yes, the old classic - posts there during our games.

Bet he hasn’t ever set foot in Liverpool, he has no club about rivalries.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1371 on: October 29, 2021, 04:07:19 pm »
he’s an absolute weapon. Kisses Manc arse, and happily has digs at Liverpool, and yes, the old classic - posts there during our games.

Bet he hasn’t ever set foot in Liverpool, he has no club about rivalries.

He is from Australia
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1372 on: October 29, 2021, 05:18:28 pm »
He is from Australia
So he drinks dingo piss
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1373 on: October 29, 2021, 05:21:21 pm »
So he drinks dingo piss

Is that sold as Fosters or Castlemaine XXXX?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1374 on: October 29, 2021, 06:05:45 pm »
Radio 5 commentary..

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/Gnts8todAx4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/Gnts8todAx4</a>

Thanks for that mate. Been listening to this this week quite a bit :D

If you listen at 1:01:10, the commentator confirms Fernandes was booked for dissent and not his tackle on Jones. Unbelievable.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1375 on: October 29, 2021, 11:33:21 pm »
Just can’t stop watching it.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1376 on: October 29, 2021, 11:40:21 pm »
Thanks for that mate. Been listening to this this week quite a bit :D

If you listen at 1:01:10, the commentator confirms Fernandes was booked for dissent and not his tackle on Jones. Unbelievable.

And I learned that Henderson's pass was even better than I thought. Not only did he split the defence with a superbly weighted pass, according to Dion Dublin he dissected the defenders. Now that's what you call surgical precision.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #1377 on: October 30, 2021, 12:42:26 am »
Radio 5 commentary..

Thanks a million for this. Really striking how much singing the Travelling Kop did throughout the match. It was non-stop. They're the real star of the show here. :wellin

Our players must feel a huge sense of privilege when they play away from home and still hear their supporters out-singing the home team. One of the most memorable ones was the Christmas carolling at King Power Stadium when we played Leicester on Boxing Day in 2019. You could tell the Leicester fans were embarrassed but admiring the singing show at the same time. They just couldn't compete with the Travelling Kop, which reflected what was happening on the pitch. Hair raising stuff. We're boss, we are.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1378 on: October 30, 2021, 12:50:48 am »
Is that sold as Fosters or Castlemaine XXXX?

No Australian drinks either of those
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1379 on: October 30, 2021, 12:58:30 am »
No Australian drinks either of those

Foster is our Corona (tourists/export market).

Due to its incessant heat (and shit tastes) Queensland alone is the major driver behind XXXX being the 3rd biggest selling beer in Australia
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1380 on: October 30, 2021, 02:21:32 am »
Queenslanders aren't Australians, they're Queenslanders
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline B.A. Baracus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1381 on: October 30, 2021, 02:52:27 am »
Queenslanders aren't Australians, they're Queenslanders

Amen

We need to build a wall and make NSW pay for it.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1382 on: October 30, 2021, 02:55:36 am »
He is from Australia

BC is British Columbia I believe, so Canadian

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1383 on: October 30, 2021, 05:29:11 am »
I've never been one to get into perceived bias in the game from broadcasters and refs etc, i'm not saying it doesn't ever exist (we know for a fact there are cases of refs being bought - italy we're looking at you) but i think it gets overplayed too often and in truth i generally can't be arsed with it all

however... one person that often gets criticism is martin tyler and his commentary towards liverpool, im aware what fans think and have for the longest time, but i just ignore half the shit they say anyway. having watched the first half three times now, uhmmmm, what a fuckface  ;D either his missus didn't put out the night before or he clearly has a problem with us battering them, the displeasure in his voice is undeniable and he's totally pissed off with proceedings, it's a bit bizarre really and i would encourage anyone who think it's a case of paranoia (which i have felt fanbases gulity of at various times, including our own) is to take note of the dude as we demolish them, it really is there, a clear bias in that he wasn't happy with how things were going

twat

get a different job

on a different note, a youtube collection of tweets etc from players (liverpool and non liverpool) during and postmatch (my fav is the reported de gea 'we play like kids'  :lmao)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKkleMP8Ptk
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 06:34:35 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1384 on: October 30, 2021, 11:55:20 am »
Radio 5 commentary..

Thanks mate. I plan on rewatching our game with this commentary.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1385 on: October 30, 2021, 12:01:38 pm »
Thanks a million for this. Really striking how much singing the Travelling Kop did throughout the match. It was non-stop. They're the real star of the show here. :wellin

Our players must feel a huge sense of privilege when they play away from home and still hear their supporters out-singing the home team. One of the most memorable ones was the Christmas carolling at King Power Stadium when we played Leicester on Boxing Day in 2019. You could tell the Leicester fans were embarrassed but admiring the singing show at the same time. They just couldn't compete with the Travelling Kop, which reflected what was happening on the pitch. Hair raising stuff. We're boss, we are.
On a sidenote- think we set a new Premier league record then.
Only side in the Premier league ever to go through December, WINNING every game! (not just Unbeaten, but winning)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 12:05:27 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1386 on: October 30, 2021, 12:05:14 pm »
Didn't we also do that in 2018 mate? I'm sure we had a brilliantly Christmas period and then lost to Man City in January and drew with the likes of West Ham and Leicester after that?

Think that period ultimately cost us the league that season.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1387 on: October 30, 2021, 12:08:18 pm »
Didn't we also do that in 2018 mate? I'm sure we had a brilliantly Christmas period and then lost to Man City in January and drew with the likes of West Ham and Leicester after that?

Think that period ultimately cost us the league that season.
Oh yes- that was in 2018. In 2019, we "equalled" it. :)
I'm not sure if the record is for the Premier League only or if it extended to every fixture, but we won all our games- during those 2 Decembers- including the Club World Cup games.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1388 on: October 30, 2021, 12:10:53 pm »
Oh yes- that was in 2018. In 2019, we "equalled" it. :)
I'm not sure if the record is for the Premier League only or if it extended to every fixture, but we won all our games- during those 2 Decembers- including the Club World Cup games.

Yeah that was a terrific month. Kids lost to Villa in the League Cup and we battered them for the part of the match as well!

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1389 on: October 30, 2021, 12:20:08 pm »
Yeah that was a terrific month. Kids lost to Villa in the League Cup and we battered them for the part of the match as well!
I dunno why but I love beating Villa, Palace and West Ham! Perhaps it's to do with their mentality of just making up the numbers in the league- not really any ambition beyond 10th place, but just investing enough to keep afloat.
Still fuming after that calamity of a result against Villa, but we'll put things right. I think our players will remember that, incl Jurgen and I'm looking forward to a proper spanking within the next few seasons.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 12:23:53 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #1390 on: November 15, 2021, 01:15:48 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3z_pqbIWd8

This video, whilst tinged with humour, is pretty damning and very clearly shows how both teams approached the game/tactics etc.

The middle bit with United's 'Invisible Midfield Duo' is pretty funny haha

The vid really shows the efficacy of pressing in packs.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1391 on: November 15, 2021, 08:33:15 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3z_pqbIWd8

This video, whilst tinged with humour, is pretty damning and very clearly shows how both teams approached the game/tactics etc.

The middle bit with United's 'Invisible Midfield Duo' is pretty funny haha

The vid really shows the efficacy of pressing in packs.

The other one v City is damning too.

Shows that us and City are miles ahead of them.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #1392 on: November 15, 2021, 10:52:08 pm »
The other one v City is damning too.

Shows that us and City are miles ahead of them.
Thanks mate, I didn't see that one..

Watched it now. Tis here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTn6U70DC4s
City look even sharper than us in that one, in some respects.

I'm keen to now watch something similar for LFC v City  :)