Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 869833 times)

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Re: Echo Update on Anfield Road Extension
« Reply #200 on: November 29, 2019, 11:26:14 am »
Is the lower tier essentially remaining the same size, bar some touch-up / reprofiling?  Or are they expanding out the back?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: November 29, 2019, 11:27:19 am »
Is there any analysis to on the expected financials after the increase in capacity? Imagine if 60+m is loaned, and it will be payed back in a couple of years, but how much will it affect the actual money available for player purchase? Increased capacity = more money coming in, but paying back the loan = money going out. Would be interesting too see how it will be financed.

In retrospect with the Arsenal and Spurs new stadiums, FSGs approach has been so financially prudent. Both logically, and emotionally,

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #202 on: November 29, 2019, 11:28:47 am »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: November 29, 2019, 11:30:05 am »
Is there any analysis to on the expected financials after the increase in capacity? Imagine if 60+m is loaned, and it will be payed back in a couple of years, but how much will it affect the actual money available for player purchase? Increased capacity = more money coming in, but paying back the loan = money going out. Would be interesting too see how it will be financed.

In retrospect with the Arsenal and Spurs new stadiums, FSGs approach has been so financially prudent. Both logically, and emotionally,

I'm interested to see that too.  The echo were saying it would take our match day revenue from £82m to over £100m, so apparently it will pay for itself very quickly.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #204 on: November 29, 2019, 11:31:01 am »
I can really see the same design being used eventually to replace the Kop.

There isn't the room behind the Kop to do this sort of design.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: November 29, 2019, 11:31:37 am »

It'll have minimal impact if any on player purchases. The spend is tiny compared to the billion that Spurs have spunked on their cheese room/NFL stadium and will be financed using interest free loans through FSG.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: November 29, 2019, 11:33:07 am »
There isn't the room behind the Kop to do this sort of design.

And why would anyone want to?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: November 29, 2019, 11:34:02 am »
Is the lower tier essentially remaining the same size, bar some touch-up / reprofiling?  Or are they expanding out the back?

Expect it to stay the same size.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #208 on: November 29, 2019, 11:34:15 am »

Without knowing the split between general and corp in the new stand it would be hard to figure it out.

Fag packet though assuming average ticket sale price of £60 puts it at a min extra £8m a season, possibly more like £10m assuming European group games.

The credit facility is more of an overdraft than a loan with a fixed repayment term, so could mean more flexibility with regards to when and how much we repay to go in line with other spending (i.e. transfer).

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: November 29, 2019, 11:34:16 am »
It'll have minimal impact if any on player purchases. The spend is tiny compared to the billion that Spurs have spunked on their cheese room/NFL stadium and will be financed using interest free loans through FSG.

I only ask because I remember discussions that some on here had (I think it was Peter) that said that in contrast with the main stand, AFE would not be financially viable as most added seats would be general admission rather than hospitality boxes in the main stand (or something like it would not be worth the money for an additional 5-7k). I suspect it won't affect our financials that much unless the AFE will have to be closed completely, but would still be interesting to see the financial analysis. 

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #210 on: November 29, 2019, 11:37:41 am »
There will be some corp areas (bar types) and some fan bars it seems. Not sure they'll have an internal fan park as that then prevents anyone who isn't sat in the Anny Rd from going.

Andy Hughes confirmed in his interview with Redmen TV that they'll be looking to move the fan park and other fan zones inside, on the ground floor of the new stand.
It's a bit more complicated - the Main stand didn't have an upper tier - they just removed the roof and the back rows once the new roof was completed. The gap between the two was bridged by the middle tier after the old roof was demolished in the summer.

I'm sure they'll try and keep the upper tier open until the end of the season if possible.

In the same interview mentioned above, Andy Hughes says that the club believe there will be negligible impact on capacity during the construction.

Link to the interview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhe_jmrDHfU&feature=youtu.be

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #211 on: November 29, 2019, 11:38:54 am »
Andy Hughes confirmed in his interview with Redmen TV that they'll be looking to move the fan park and other fan zones inside, on the ground floor of the new stand.

In an open area available to everyone? As would be strange to prevent Main stand and Dalglish stand ticket holders from entry because imagine a lot use the current one.

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #212 on: November 29, 2019, 11:39:43 am »
Without knowing the split between general and corp in the new stand it would be hard to figure it out.

Can't recall which article I read it in (will dig it out later) but I read that it will be 5k general admission and 2k corporate, likely to be the lower end corporate tickets.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: November 29, 2019, 11:40:36 am »
Looks fantastic

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #214 on: November 29, 2019, 11:40:53 am »
In an open area available to everyone? As would be strange to prevent Main stand and Dalglish stand ticket holders from entry because imagine a lot use the current one.

No idea, I linked the interview above. He doesn't specify whether it will be open to all or just Annie Rd ticket holders but he mentions that the fan park will have to move as part of the plans and mentioned it moving indoors along with other fan zones.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: November 29, 2019, 11:41:42 am »
Can't recall which article I read it in (will dig it out later) but I read that it will be 5k general admission and 2k corporate, likely to be the lower end corporate tickets.

A decent chunk of general will be season tickets I believe to reduce the waiting list

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: November 29, 2019, 11:42:27 am »
Strange that it feels like 7k more is not much, but at the same time it is more than 12% increase in the stadium capacity.

I guess with the rising cost of player acquisitions, stadium upgrades seem to be relatively cheap.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: November 29, 2019, 11:43:03 am »

Fag packet though assuming average ticket sale price of £60 puts it at a min extra £8m a season, possibly more like £10m assuming European group games.

The credit facility is more of an overdraft than a loan with a fixed repayment term, so could mean more flexibility with regards to when and how much we repay to go in line with other spending (i.e. transfer).

Quite a few tickets in the lower tier are severely restricted view at the moment and so come discounted.  Can't remember exactly from last time I was in there, but it was about £20 cheaper.  So it's not just money from new seats, it's extra revenue from existing seats as well.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: November 29, 2019, 12:00:07 pm »
Quick comparison between the approved scheme and the latest plan.It's a bit deeper and quite a bit wider on plan. Difficult to gauge how the stands work internally and where the stairs will be. I'll do a bit of work over the weekend to flesh things out.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: November 29, 2019, 12:04:07 pm »
Glad that the initial comments are postive.
One thing I really like is the away fans on 2 tiers, I've never been a fan of our keepers having away fans almost behind their goal for half a game during a home match. There's not many away grounds where we have fans that close to a goal and we are just giving away a bit of advantage, however small, unnecessarily.
Besides giving the opposition a chance to barrack our keeper, we are depriving our own fans of prime seats near the goal.

I think having some corps in there makes sense because we are still doing a fair bit of offsite that comes with an Anny Rd ticket, so we may make a bit more profit by keeping it inhouse. Access to an onsite lounge always makes the experience a bit better too.

Made up that we will have gone from 44-61k at what looks like a cost of 170m, enhanced an iconic stadium, and beefed up our corporate offering -because there's clearly demand for it, which not only boosts earnings, but also allows room for a bit of cross subsidy with GA.

How much are Everton looking at borrowing to get themselves 13,000 more seats?

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: November 29, 2019, 12:06:19 pm »

Like the current hospitality in blocks 127/128/227 etc which have offsite catering in the Sandon, Aintree and other venues. Standard seats but with offsite (onsite in the new stand) lounges and catering.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: November 29, 2019, 12:06:37 pm »
Pic...

Looks great, just my OCD but would love all the roofs to be symmetrical

Offline vorsprungtorbenpieknik

• Anny Roader
« Reply #222 on: November 29, 2019, 12:07:22 pm »
RE: costs and impact on transfers. I wouldn't worry. Last year's CL campaign alone paid for this stand.

The new kit deal will also kick in allowing us to go big on 1 or 2 signings in the summer.

I actually quite like our current strategy of going big once every 2 years. It allows us to get top end players without having the budget of City/PSG/Utd, whilst letting players bed in and giving us consistency. 

I love this stand and it;s a great next step.

Longer-term, it's impressive that there remains room for further growth. The Kop will need expansion and there's room to do it without diverting the road.

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: November 29, 2019, 12:08:31 pm »
Is there any talk of upgrading to category 4 status so we can host CL/EL finals too? I think that would mean the pitch gets bigger (or the distance between the playing area and the stands is increased)?

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: November 29, 2019, 12:12:32 pm »
I only ask because I remember discussions that some on here had (I think it was Peter) that said that in contrast with the main stand, AFE would not be financially viable as most added seats would be general admission rather than hospitality boxes in the main stand (or something like it would not be worth the money for an additional 5-7k). I suspect it won't affect our financials that much unless the AFE will have to be closed completely, but would still be interesting to see the financial analysis. 

It's viable (it won't make a loss) but doesn't make as much sense as the Main Stand extension from a purely commercial point of view. If you were a businessman looking to invest money you wouldn't spend it on this extension as you'd get a better return on other investments. It will generate revenue and pay back over a relatively short period of time. More importantly it will improve the availability of tickets and hopefully improve the atmosphere.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #225 on: November 29, 2019, 12:15:38 pm »
A decent chunk of general will be season tickets I believe to reduce the waiting list

I was wondering how many would go to ST's. Couple of thousand, maybe? Something like that.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #226 on: November 29, 2019, 12:16:32 pm »
Quite a few tickets in the lower tier are severely restricted view at the moment and so come discounted.  Can't remember exactly from last time I was in there, but it was about £20 cheaper.  So it's not just money from new seats, it's extra revenue from existing seats as well.

Sure about that? I've only sat at the back of the lower Anny once (never again), but from memory there was about 2 quid off.
Twitter | Blog

Offline TheMightyReds

• Full of B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T ;)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #227 on: November 29, 2019, 12:19:51 pm »
It's viable (it won't make a loss) but doesn't make as much sense as the Main Stand extension from a purely commercial point of view. If you were a businessman looking to invest money you wouldn't spend it on this extension as you'd get a better return on other investments. It will generate revenue and pay back over a relatively short period of time. More importantly it will improve the availability of tickets and hopefully improve the atmosphere.

This quote makes no sense. Sorry. You say it'll pay back in a short time (and other good reasons) but then earlier state it doesn't make much sense. Hmmm.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: November 29, 2019, 12:31:36 pm »
The outside looks good too especially if it can flow into the park but the fan zone will probably stay there , why not 61892 just to wind the blue brethren up  ;D

The Bitters will already be pissed off. Looking forward to the fewm  ;D

Seriously though, £60m is peanuts these days, especially for stadium expansion. It wouldn't buy you an Alisson so it's very good value for infrastructure.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #229 on: November 29, 2019, 12:37:37 pm »
This quote makes no sense. Sorry. You say it'll pay back in a short time (and other good reasons) but then earlier state it doesn't make much sense. Hmmm.

He said not as much sense as the Main Stand, not that it simply doesn't make sense. The Main stand expansion was an easy decision - of the additional 9k tickets, the majority were made up of highly profitable corporate tickets. The Annie Rd expansion won't have nearly the same level of return and has been a much tighter decision from a financial pov.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #230 on: November 29, 2019, 12:40:41 pm »
He said not as much sense as the Main Stand, not that it simply doesn't make sense. The Main stand expansion was an easy decision - of the additional 9k tickets, the majority were made up of highly profitable corporate tickets. The Annie Rd expansion won't have nearly the same level of return and has been a much tighter decision from a financial pov.

Which is exactly why FSG will never do the Kop.

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: November 29, 2019, 12:44:11 pm »

It will be financed through our revolving credit facility with the banks

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fsg-liverpool-cost-anfield-road-17331567
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #232 on: November 29, 2019, 12:44:20 pm »
Strange that it feels like 7k more is not much, but at the same time it is more than 12% increase in the stadium capacity.

I guess with the rising cost of player acquisitions, stadium upgrades seem to be relatively cheap.
Great to think that when this is done, most revenue can go towards players purchases. Over the last few years we've been competitive while building the new main stand, a new training ground and now this extension. That's a fair whack of cash but sets us up nicely for the next twenty years or so.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #233 on: November 29, 2019, 12:44:37 pm »

I think if it was an easy build (i.e there was plenty of land behind) they may have been more inclined to look at it in the future, but with the road and pub it's going to be a massive pain in the arse.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #234 on: November 29, 2019, 12:45:25 pm »
Do we know if the option of converting to safe standing at some stage has been factored into these proposals?
Twitter | Blog

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: November 29, 2019, 12:46:03 pm »

'A relatively short time' to pay back isn't the same as being a good commercial investment. Venture Capital funds look at minimum of 20% annual return. Commercially you don't just want the loan paid off, you want it paid back plus a substantial profit. If the stand is paid for with interest free loans, there's no interest payments.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #236 on: November 29, 2019, 12:47:55 pm »
I think if it was an easy build (i.e there was plenty of land behind) they may have been more inclined to look at it in the future, but with the road and pub it's going to be a massive pain in the arse.

Room or no room, I thought it was more a case of to ‘extend’ it you’d have to raise or rebuild the roof - which I can’t imagine would be able do whilst keeping the stand in use. Or rebuild the whole thing. Both costly and takes the stand out of use for a season or more.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #237 on: November 29, 2019, 12:49:06 pm »
Told you 😂

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: November 29, 2019, 12:49:22 pm »

I think they'll tweak it but it doesn't make financial sense and I still think you'd lose far more in character than you'd gain in numbers by redeveloping the Kop. It's not the old standing Kop - we all know that - but it still has a brooding menace with its low roof and the way it goes back into darkness.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: November 29, 2019, 12:50:49 pm »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)