Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 754605 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #4760 on: May 20, 2022, 09:26:04 am »
He's still had some fine moments even after all his injuries. Unfortunately he's struggled for consistency. Too many of his performances this season haven't been good. He's been wasteful in possession and he doesn't quite get the ball back enough or do enough initiating the press up the pitch. He's also been played infrequently, perhaps out of position and generally in cup teams with other players who are a bit cold as well. It's telling that JK things he's in tremendous shape and yet he doesn't get on the pitch.

That being said, he's conducted himself really professionally and I'm sure a valued member of the squad, even if he doesn't play. His career isn't over, there are other clubs to play for and make his mark on the game. Sometimes, just moving to a club where there's slightly less competition and playing less frequently can be the difference. Look at Lallana. He's played more games in 2 seasons at Brighton than he achieved in 3 seasons here. I sometimes wonder whether he could even go to a club like Roma as Abraham has done. I think he'd tear it up there in an AM role.

He'll leave with a really good legacy, whilst still also being a 'what if' sort of player. He played a big role in us getting to Kiev (which is where it all really started), he scored some important goals when we won the league and he's played his part in every competition this season. And like you say he's conducted himself well, never moaned or complained.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #4761 on: May 20, 2022, 10:30:39 am »
I agree that it is not a physical problem with him this season. Maybe trying too hard to force it in attack, thereby failing and to boot, leaving defensive gaps, which would make Klopp not trust him at this key part of the season? Was telling that he could not even get a minute against saints, even ahead of Elliot and Jones.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4762 on: June 18, 2022, 09:31:23 pm »
Ox getting a hammy soon is my bet. Congrats!  ;D

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4763 on: June 18, 2022, 09:41:18 pm »

He could've at least put a clean shirt on first.

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #4764 on: June 18, 2022, 09:44:02 pm »
Going down on a knee with ACL. He should have cleared this with the physios first.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4765 on: June 18, 2022, 10:09:19 pm »
Wants to sign another contract obviously.  Shame it's only likely to be a pre-nuptial as his days here look numbered.  Smashing player on his day but his day doesn't happen often enough.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4766 on: June 18, 2022, 10:20:29 pm »
Well he's had one knee go down, so why not go down on the other knee? ;)

Stoked for them both :thumbup
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4767 on: June 19, 2022, 06:52:59 am »

congrats. What a lad our ox. Very likeable

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4768 on: June 19, 2022, 09:16:02 am »
Really made up for him that his personal life is going great, always seems like a good guy when heard him speak, liked him as a player at Arsenal and he was turning into a huge player for us until the injury.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4769 on: June 19, 2022, 10:22:27 am »
Nice one Ox. Agree with Rob, always comes across as a nice bloke.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #4770 on: June 19, 2022, 10:26:05 am »
Going down on a knee with ACL. He should have cleared this with the physios first.
................ and the club psychologist  ;D

Congrats to Ox and Perrie.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4771 on: June 19, 2022, 10:56:50 pm »
Starting to sound like we might be keeping Ox on for another season, if social media is to be believed.

Had him to be a nailed-on departure this summer, but would absolutely adore an Ox redemption arc next season.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4772 on: June 19, 2022, 10:58:16 pm »
Man playing for his new wife and kid we may be getting the best of Ox.  ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4773 on: June 19, 2022, 11:31:42 pm »
Starting to sound like we might be keeping Ox on for another season, if social media is to be believed.

Had him to be a nailed-on departure this summer, but would absolutely adore an Ox redemption arc next season.

Good. If we are not signing a midfielder then there is absolutely no need to reduce our options in that area.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #4774 on: June 20, 2022, 02:21:42 am »

Never heard it called that before
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4775 on: June 20, 2022, 07:12:39 am »
Sorry, I’m living under a rock. Are people these days walking around with a photographer in case something important happens? Or are they re-staging events to later share on social media? Can’t decide which option is more cringy.

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4776 on: June 20, 2022, 07:47:38 am »
He didn't post it,  was her by the looks of it 😀

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4777 on: June 20, 2022, 08:23:28 am »
Sorry, I’m living under a rock. Are people these days walking around with a photographer in case something important happens? Or are they re-staging events to later share on social media? Can’t decide which option is more cringy.

That looks like a photo a mate of theirs will have taken on a phone rather than a proper photographer
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4778 on: June 20, 2022, 08:37:23 am »

Not uncommon for people to book engagement shoots.

When I did photography as a way of making extra cash, I got booked a few times by fellas who were proposing to their missus.

Would tell her they were getting a nice family shoot done and then he’d pop the question during the shoot.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4779 on: June 20, 2022, 09:15:49 am »
When I did photography as a way of making extra cash, I got booked a few times by fellas who were proposing to their missus.
Would tell her they were getting a nice family shoot done and then he’d pop the question during the shoot.

Ah, so it's a thing, would never imagine it to be a thing. Just finding it strange to publicise and promote something so personal, but everything is normalised for sharing these days, from funerals to giving birth - so I guess it's just me. Two of them seem like a good, well balanced couple - I wish them all the best.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4781 on: June 20, 2022, 10:15:26 am »

Did you get any where she said no and what happened?

I remember one Valentines Kev Seed on Radio City had a soldier on who had come back from Afghan straight to the studios in St Johns Beacon, that rang his G/F, he popped the question live on air and she said those immortal words "we need to talk". Cue stunned silence and then a very embarassed Kev Seed and his crew

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4782 on: June 20, 2022, 12:57:00 pm »
Ah, so it's a thing, would never imagine it to be a thing. Just finding it strange to publicise and promote something so personal, but everything is normalised for sharing these days, from funerals to giving birth - so I guess it's just me. Two of them seem like a good, well balanced couple - I wish them all the best.

People have always shared big events in their lives.  Whether that's with just family and friends or on a wider level.  Social media has obviously made it so that that we have the ability to share these moments with as many people as we want now. 

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4783 on: June 20, 2022, 12:59:44 pm »
People have always shared big events in their lives.  Whether that's with just family and friends or on a wider level.  Social media has obviously made it so that that we have the ability to share these moments with as many people as we want now. 

Share, as in inform your family and friends and have a party afterwards - sure.
Share as in take photos of the actual moment and plaster them for the whole world to see as soon as possible - I guess that's a thing now.
As I said - I live under a rock and find all of this very, very strange.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4784 on: June 20, 2022, 01:45:45 pm »
Share as in take photos of the actual moment and plaster them for the whole world to see as soon as possible - I guess that's a thing now.

Not just you mate, it’s baffling but has become second nature to lots these days. Some of these ‘celebs’ are so desperate to gain more followers they become slaves to posting every single detail throughout their day to the entire world. Each to their own like but in some ways I personally find it to be a sad existence.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4785 on: June 20, 2022, 02:35:39 pm »
I find it pure cringe, personally.  the level of narcissism these days is really depressing.

I suppose an engagement snap is not as bad as "here's a pic of the meal I'm about to eat!" though.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4786 on: June 20, 2022, 02:41:13 pm »

I definitely wouldn't do it but others certainly like to. 

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4787 on: June 20, 2022, 02:50:01 pm »
think as celebs is the norm now for maximum exposure for every single thing they do. pretty sure the wedding will have some kind of sponsorship for companies as well. cakes, dresses, drinks and the likes

back to the footie side of things. Great news that he stays. Guess his versatility going to come in handy if we do move to 4-2-3-1 formation like some predicted. He basically could fit in anywhere in the 3 to keep the intensity up later on in the games. He is still a decent goal threat with his long range shots decent positioning inside the box.

we could save a few pennies for next season big midfield move as well.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4788 on: June 20, 2022, 03:03:55 pm »
Did you get any where she said no and what happened?

No outright no’s, but did have one who thought it was a pisstake and went to throw the ring away before she realised it was real ;D

A lot do it because they make wedding books which show the journey from engagement, right through until marriage.

Did a pre-wedding shoot as well which basically consisted of taking pictures of the groom and his mates having a pissup in his house before he got chaueffered to the church in a DB9.

He wanted it as a way to remember life before marriage ;D

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #4789 on: June 20, 2022, 03:20:41 pm »
I find it pure cringe, personally.  the level of narcissism these days is really depressing.

I suppose an engagement snap is not as bad as "here's a pic of the meal I'm about to eat!" though.

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4790 on: June 20, 2022, 03:25:05 pm »

I too am several generations behind on TikTok, but I am part of the generation, like many here, that was around when the internet started. I still find it hard to keep up with what is popular these days.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4791 on: June 20, 2022, 05:13:43 pm »

FFS it's more for her fans,she's a much bigger "Star" that Ox.

Fuckers will moan about any bastard thing  ::)
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline BigRedFeetBed

• Main Stander
« Reply #4792 on: June 20, 2022, 05:28:50 pm »
To be honest, its not much different to putting an advert in a paper like in the 'olden' days in the announcement section (not to be confused with the erection section back in the day when clubs HAD to close at 2am and the final half hour when you cop off with anything!)..

I digress... the Announcements in the back of the paper with Births, Deaths, Marriages and Engagements is pretty much akin to this, nowadays its just done over social media! I dont see the issue myself.

Made up for him, nice lad, and clearly happy with his Little Mix minx!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4793 on: June 20, 2022, 05:45:08 pm »
No outright no’s, but did have one who thought it was a pisstake and went to throw the ring away before she realised it was real ;D

A lot do it because they make wedding books which show the journey from engagement, right through until marriage.

Did a pre-wedding shoot as well which basically consisted of taking pictures of the groom and his mates having a pissup in his house before he got chaueffered to the church in a DB9.

He wanted it as a way to remember life before marriage ;D

I bought a Yamaha R1, aka the Widow Maker, in the June and on the morning of the wedding in the Sept, went out on my bike and rode like a twat for a couple of hours around the back roads then nipped to my mates for a brew. When do you get married he asked, in 3 hrs was my answer ;D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4794 on: June 20, 2022, 05:56:10 pm »
FFS it's more for her fans,she's a much bigger "Star" that Ox.
so what?  I don't care whose fans it's for. 

sharing almost every moment of your day is narcissism, based on an assumption that even the small things you do are special. 

I'd say that many "fans" need to stop living vicariously and realize that most of these "candid" shots are engineered by PR reps.

it's like a fucking disease now and has led to (eg) the nonsensical "gender reveal party" bullshit.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4795 on: June 20, 2022, 06:29:16 pm »

sharing almost every moment of your day is narcissism, based on an assumption that even the small things you do are special. 

I'd say that many "fans" need to stop living vicariously and realize that most of these "candid" shots are engineered by PR reps.

it's like a fucking disease now and has led to (eg) the nonsensical "gender reveal party" bullshit.

Miserable bastard.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #4796 on: June 20, 2022, 06:36:48 pm »

she's probably earning off the back of each post, it may not be something you want to see but there will be millions of Little Mix fans who want to know every inch of her life.

If you don't like it then ignore it
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4797 on: June 20, 2022, 06:38:26 pm »

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4798 on: June 20, 2022, 06:39:18 pm »

Not my cup of tea but imagine being that fucking arsed.   ;D

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4799 on: June 20, 2022, 06:40:10 pm »
she's probably earning off the back of each post, it may not be something you want to see but there will be millions of Little Mix fans who want to know every inch of her life.

If you don't like it then ignore it
sigh ....

for the record, the post you guys are responding to wasn't about her (whoever the fuck she is beyond being Ox's partner) but a comment on people in general posting trivia about their lives 24/7.

jesus.