Author Topic: Local Sales  (Read 297974 times)

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
Re: Local Sales
« Reply #2320 on: August 9, 2022, 12:28:46 pm »

I don't think it is funny someone in position 4 getting in and there been no tickets, it is a disgrace.

I do find it funny - the fact that a club of this size has a shambolic system is hilarious

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2321 on: August 9, 2022, 12:33:34 pm »
Now that they can be downloaded, what's to stop somebody just changing their address to a Liverpool post code, then back again after the sale?

I can't see any reason why you can't.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2322 on: August 9, 2022, 12:34:59 pm »
Wouldn’t surprise me - I’m guessing the general consensus is being able to stop queue-it from redirecting you and going straight into the seating plan

I think is deffo the theory. But I don’t have the IT knowledge to know the finer details  :D

Offline upthereds1993

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2323 on: August 9, 2022, 12:40:42 pm »
The old system was more robust for these types of sales, and that was with absolutely anybody able to basket tickets without even logging in

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2324 on: August 9, 2022, 12:44:02 pm »
If they were going to take this seriously, only a window sale would work.

I haven't lived in Liverpool for years but I don't see anything that would stop me from changing my address to my brothers, or something.

If there isn't anything to stop something as simple as that, then there must be 1000s of touts from all over the world hoovering them all up.

Edit - And when did the 2pm sale go up? Never saw that last night.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2022, 12:47:53 pm by Billy Elliot »

Offline Red and White Klopp

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2325 on: August 9, 2022, 12:56:44 pm »
I do find it funny - the fact that a club of this size has a shambolic system is hilarious

Thanks. Are you able to answer the first question...
Just to clarify, do you get in without entering a queue?

I get you are laughing at the club, but others in the queue not taking advantage like touts, bots and otherwise are been laughed at too in every sale.

If you are bypassing the queue or similar, fairplay but it is getting boring hearing those securing tickets in the first few minutes each time. If you do have a system please could you add an asterisk after each post of getting your tickets sorted that it was done outside of the standard approach.

If you don't have a system, buy a lottery ticket as you are very lucky!

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #2326 on: August 9, 2022, 01:19:11 pm »

I haven't lived in Liverpool for years but I don't see anything that would stop me from changing my address to my brothers, or something.

If there isn't anything to stop something as simple as that, then there must be 1000s of touts from all over the world hoovering them all up.

Went up this morning but it’s for Thursday isn’t it?

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2327 on: August 9, 2022, 02:03:30 pm »
Went up this morning but it’s for Thursday isn’t it?

Just realised that after trying to join the queue

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #2328 on: August 9, 2022, 06:11:46 pm »
I think this is something to get on to SoS about and see if there is anything that they can do
We are a team of one half.

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #2329 on: August 9, 2022, 09:26:53 pm »
I think this is something to get on to SoS about and see if there is anything that they can do
What’s the ticketing forum the club mention? Would love to ask them stuff and get feedback.
These local sales, are the worst but could easily be the best if they was assed.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #2330 on: August 10, 2022, 09:50:06 pm »
I think it's a committee that look at ticketing issues. SoS have members on it, others too. There used to be info about it on the club website but I can't find it now
We are a team of one half.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #2331 on: August 11, 2022, 01:31:53 pm »
What’s the ticketing forum the club mention? Would love to ask them stuff and get feedback.
These local sales, are the worst but could easily be the best if they was assed.

Clueless by the looks of it?

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #2332 on: August 11, 2022, 02:24:01 pm »

Nope they should do a ballot with Fan update to prove you exist and are from the city

only upload the ticket when the supporters proves they exist.  ballot will remove the bots issue

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #2333 on: August 11, 2022, 02:28:02 pm »
Nope they should do a ballot with Fan update to prove you exist and are from the city

only upload the ticket when the supporters proves they exist.  ballot will remove the bots issue
Why not a window sale? If someone ques up early every game then they deserve it more than somebody who just puts there name down.
Window sales are simple and fair but the club just don’t care enough about this issue.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #2334 on: August 11, 2022, 02:30:22 pm »
Why not a window sale? If someone ques up early every game then they deserve it more than somebody who just puts there name down.
Window sales are simple and fair but the club just don’t care enough about this issue.

its 2022.  whats stopping 10,000 people queuing?  there would be chaos.

Ballot works with fan update works and is fair.

Offline Bapsandwaps

• Main Stander
« Reply #2335 on: August 11, 2022, 02:36:17 pm »
its 2022.  whats stopping 10,000 people queuing?  there would be chaos.

Ballot works with fan update works and is fair.

10k will not be local. Locals will queue up. Window sale would be great. Lets see how the touts from all around the world travel on a cold monday morning to the ground

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #2336 on: August 11, 2022, 02:37:13 pm »
10k will not be local. Locals will queue up. Window sale would be great. Lets see how the touts from all around the world travel on a cold monday morning to the ground

you don't think 1'000's wouldn't queue for the City match or last game of the season?  i 100% guarantee they would.

Most of the main touts are local as well

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #2337 on: August 11, 2022, 05:59:22 pm »
you don't think 1'000's wouldn't queue for the City match or last game of the season?  i 100% guarantee they would.

Most of the main touts are local as well
Ye an do a ticket pair head, it’s there job to work it out. Or even use credits for locals!
Example like last game of the season locals with 7+ games eligible for this sale.
If 500 camp for a ticket and there local then they’d deserve it, over a system that can easily be fiddled!

Plus while there’s local touts, not exactly most are local but this system can be so easily fixed, if they was assed and at the end of the day it’s a box tick for good pr for the club.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #2338 on: August 11, 2022, 06:02:45 pm »
Ye an do a ticket pair head, it’s there job to work it out. Or even use credits for locals!
Example like last game of the season locals with 7+ games eligible for this sale.
If 500 camp for a ticket and there local then they’d deserve it, over a system that can easily be fiddled!

Plus while there’s local touts, not exactly most are local but this system can be so easily fixed, if they was assed and at the end of the day it’s a box tick for good pr for the club.

go to anfield most days and the local touts are stood outside the gates.

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #2339 on: August 11, 2022, 07:39:52 pm »
go to anfield most days and the local touts are stood outside the gates.
But that doesn’t mean they’ll benefit from this system?
Window sales, one ticket per person, surely stops them if anything. to be honest I’m giving up on going now, most people don’t go for the actual experience anymore

Offline 205mob

• Main Stander
« Reply #2340 on: August 12, 2022, 01:46:07 am »
The club need to lock the address section for all supporters, then they need to do a fan update for all supporters with an L postcode this will filter out multiple accounts/supporters blagging they have an L postcode.

*** From previous experiment 13+ fan update****
once an account has had a fan update the address section locks and to change your address you need to contact the club with Identification preferably 2 forms of id.

*Lock address section on all supporter accounts
*Fan update for L postcode
*Close accounts with proof of address
*Remove multiple accounts from same address that no form of ID/Proof for that address, probably made up name.

This doesn’t stop new accounts signing up saying they live in L postcode unless every new account has to prove there address.

There’s is software for when you sign upto some sites where you have to upload you ID and face to register don’t understand why the club don’t invest in this.

Don’t think I have missed anything but that’s what needs to be done, the quicker they lock the address section which could be done in minutes the better

Offline Bapsandwaps

• Main Stander
« Reply #2341 on: August 12, 2022, 11:23:50 am »
If anyone knows, I can't remember if Cat A games go in the local sale? Or isn't there one because they are 4+? Can't remember for the life of me.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #2342 on: August 12, 2022, 11:43:04 am »
If anyone knows, I can't remember if Cat A games go in the local sale? Or isn't there one because they are 4+? Can't remember for the life of me.

All go to local, everton usually 1+ to stop them buying

Offline Bapsandwaps

• Main Stander
« Reply #2343 on: August 12, 2022, 11:45:32 am »

Sound mate, I think after a few games I give up on the local sale and so never knew ha

Offline upthereds1993

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2344 on: August 12, 2022, 01:11:58 pm »

Seem to remember a Leeds game in the cup 4/5 years ago where they required previous history for the same reason

Offline MainStandUltra

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2345 on: August 16, 2022, 12:34:16 am »
Around 20 or so empty seats in U9 today.

Loads of non-locals as well, lad behind me started joining in with Palace fans singing is this a library at one point before realising it was them lot singing it   ;D

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #2346 on: August 16, 2022, 07:45:27 am »

Loads of non-locals as well, lad behind me started joining in with Palace fans singing is this a library at one point before realising it was them lot singing it   ;D

They need to scrap the local tickets. They were great when it first started but now it’s just another shambles that the club have failed to sort out. Sounds like a mess

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2347 on: August 16, 2022, 07:49:42 am »
They need to scrap the local tickets. They were great when it first started but now it’s just another shambles that the club have failed to sort out. Sounds like a mess

Their hope for no empty seats with their ticket policy worked a real treat, in my eyesight in my section in 108, the start of 107 and the first few rows of main stand I counted 40+ empty seats

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #2348 on: August 16, 2022, 08:50:28 am »
Their hope for no empty seats with their ticket policy worked a real treat, in my eyesight in my section in 108, the start of 107 and the first few rows of main stand I counted 40+ empty seats

Someone asked a question yesterday on one of these pages about what happens if the tickets don’t get sold by the touts and someone replied they’ll probably just go the game. These are more than likely tout seats bought in bulk picked up by bots hence why they appear sold out as soon as you get in to the ticket page. I’d like to think the club are investigating this as it’s no coincidence.

Will this get raised by the supporter groups??

Offline upthereds1993

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2349 on: August 16, 2022, 09:28:40 am »

That's the thing with these tickets. At £9 a pop the profit margin is ridiculous, so they'll just buy up as many as possible as there is no real hit if they don't shift them all on.

Posted a couple of weeks ago about there being loads on touting sites for last night in the restricted areas of U1 & U9, even before the local sale had taken place. Loads of 4 together etc. Touts must be so confident they've conned the system that they're advertising tickets that haven't even went on sale.

Sad state of affairs as these used to be great years ago, had a few boss days going the match with mates / family who wouldn't usually get the game. Pointless even trying in these sales now as the club have allowed parasite touts to run riot

Offline Bapsandwaps

• Main Stander
« Reply #2350 on: August 16, 2022, 09:51:22 am »
That's the thing with these tickets. At £9 a pop the profit margin is ridiculous, so they'll just buy up as many as possible as there is no real hit if they don't shift them all on.

Posted a couple of weeks ago about there being loads on touting sites for last night in the restricted areas of U1 & U9, even before the local sale had taken place. Loads of 4 together etc. Touts must be so confident they've conned the system that they're advertising tickets that haven't even went on sale.

Sad state of affairs as these used to be great years ago, had a few boss days going the match with mates / family who wouldn't usually get the game. Pointless even trying in these sales now as the club have allowed parasite touts to run riot

It is deffo either ticket office with ID etc or put the price up to normal. The latter is shite like because the incentive is get locals in who have not got the money that the 4x4 middle class beauts have, but there has to be a change. Can't have these whoppers making so much dough and it is bang out of order the club can clearly see the empty seats that could be filled by local youth.

Offline upthereds1993

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2351 on: August 16, 2022, 10:14:01 am »
It is deffo either ticket office with ID etc or put the price up to normal. The latter is shite like because the incentive is get locals in who have not got the money that the 4x4 middle class beauts have, but there has to be a change. Can't have these whoppers making so much dough and it is bang out of order the club can clearly see the empty seats that could be filled by local youth.

Ticket office with ID I think would be the best way to properly get a grip of it, but each ticket should be collected by the holder & not the person who made the transaction, as otherwise there'd be nothing stopping a local tout picking up say four tickets he's bought in a transaction and spinning them outside the ground.

Only issue with this is if the ticket office would be able to cope on a match day with an additional 500 people at the windows, would certainly have to put extra staff on

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #2352 on: August 16, 2022, 10:35:56 am »
Ticket office with ID I think would be the best way to properly get a grip of it, but each ticket should be collected by the holder & not the person who made the transaction, as otherwise there'd be nothing stopping a local tout picking up say four tickets he's bought in a transaction and spinning them outside the ground.

Only issue with this is if the ticket office would be able to cope on a match day with an additional 500 people at the windows, would certainly have to put extra staff on
Dedicated entrance time or turnstile for local sales where due to the smaller numbers ID is checked. Going back how you had to provide proof of your address being in L postcode and having it "verified" before you can buy in the sale
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #2353 on: August 16, 2022, 10:43:52 am »
All valid points but we know the club will do sweet FA, they only do this so that they can state they sell tickets for £9
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline upthereds1993

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2354 on: August 16, 2022, 07:03:54 pm »
All valid points but we know the club will do sweet FA, they only do this so that they can state they sell tickets for £9

Spot on. I don't think there's a way around this without additional staffing / operational costs & it appears the club just don't want to spend the money or time sorting it

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #2355 on: August 17, 2022, 06:14:35 am »
Fairly sure the top corners of the new anfield road stand are £9 too. I saw it in the plans a few years ago.

Offline upthereds1993

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2356 on: August 17, 2022, 09:04:36 am »
Fairly sure the top corners of the new anfield road stand are £9 too. I saw it in the plans a few years ago.

Was wondering how the £9 sale would work once the new stand has been built. I imagine there wouldn't be a slight obstruction in U1 anymore from the Annie Rd roof, so I presume those seats would no longer be "restricted".

Maybe there will be a slight restriction in the corner of the centenary side of the stand and they'll just relocate the 250 or so tickets to there & have the newly unrestricted U1 seats as general allocation.

Or if they keep both corners of the main stand as £9 and have the two corners of the new UAR as £9 too then happy days... We might actually even stand half a chance against the touts in 23/24 then  ;D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 09:06:27 am by upthereds1993 »

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #2357 on: August 19, 2022, 10:23:56 am »
Bournemouth Local Sales on Tuesday. 8:15 and 11
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline lukeypool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2358 on: August 23, 2022, 07:23:05 am »
Can we change our address to an L postcode and get a ticket. Then change it back to our normal address??

Offline Bapsandwaps

• Main Stander
« Reply #2359 on: August 23, 2022, 08:30:13 am »
sold out at 8:15 this ha ha