Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 756945 times)

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #4080 on: March 15, 2021, 11:27:49 pm »
Its almost as if being afforded some time to regain fitness and sharpness after a long lay off helps improve performance in top level sport :lmao

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4081 on: March 16, 2021, 01:05:11 am »
Its almost as if being afforded some time to regain fitness and sharpness after a long lay off helps improve performance in top level sport :lmao
Yeh, who'd have thunk it.

Good showing from him, and the only time in the game that the ball was played to Salah in the way he most prefers it, which he unsurprisingly buried; shame it was a little offside.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4082 on: March 16, 2021, 08:23:51 am »
Best performance since Atletico.
Best performance since Roma away ... at best playing in the middle, making forward runs. Pre-injury position
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #4083 on: March 16, 2021, 08:44:03 am »
As they say, form is temporary, class is permanent. Looked fit, sharp and in his best position.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4084 on: March 16, 2021, 08:54:25 am »
Had a really good impact when he came on. Hopefully it's a sign that he's fully recovering his sharpness and match fitness, he can still be a very important player for us in a number of positions.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4085 on: March 16, 2021, 12:04:33 pm »
Nice one Ox. Coming on full gas against a tiring defence and running at them. There you go.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4086 on: March 16, 2021, 02:00:43 pm »
I have been very critical of him and I still think his time is probably up, but credit where credit is due.  He looked very lively and dangerous in his brief cameo.

I would be delighted if he can find his feet again and prove me wrong.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4087 on: March 20, 2021, 10:57:01 am »
Personally I still don't see how he fits into our team as one of the midfield three, I think he's better further forward and but I'm not sure how he fits there either.
Hopefully he'll get a chance to get some minutes towards the end of the season and build up some rhythm as he looked good against Wolves.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 11:36:32 am by Ratboy3G »
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4088 on: March 20, 2021, 11:33:51 am »
The one blind spot that Klopp has is with Oxlade-Chamberlain and his position. I can't recall one game where he's looked comfortable out wide. Meanwhile he had his best spell for us in the middle. His recent cameo was promising when he was taking up positions centrally behind our attackers.

Question marks over his future, but I'd like to see him as a 10. He may still have a role there.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4089 on: March 20, 2021, 12:00:29 pm »
Personally I still don't see how he fits into our team as one of the midfield three, I think he's better further forward and but I'm not sure how he fits there either.
Hopefully he'll get a chance to get some minutes towards the end of the season and build up some rhythm as he looked good against Wolves.

Each and every one of his best performances has come as part of the midfield 3

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4090 on: March 20, 2021, 12:55:29 pm »
Each and every one of his best performances has come as part of the midfield 3

I can't remember the last time I saw him play well in the midfield three, but I don't ever recall ever thinking that's his best position and I was a bit surprised we signed him given that he sees himself as a central midfielder.
We don't really play with a ten, but if we look to move to a 4231 next season then I can see him getting time there but certainly not as one of the midfield two.
He is a very different style of player to all of our other central midfielders, which is no doubt why he gets minutes in the front three but he doesn't really seem to excel there either.
I'm interested to see how he ends this season and whether he is here next and if so, how Klopp deploys him. Let's hope he stays fit.

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #4091 on: March 20, 2021, 01:18:22 pm »
I can't remember the last time I saw him play well in the midfield three, but I don't ever recall ever thinking that's his best position and I was a bit surprised we signed him given that he sees himself as a central midfielder.
We don't really play with a ten, but if we look to move to a 4231 next season then I can see him getting time there but certainly not as one of the midfield two.
He is a very different style of player to all of our other central midfielders, which is no doubt why he gets minutes in the front three but he doesn't really seem to excel there either.
I'm interested to see how he ends this season and whether he is here next and if so, how Klopp deploys him. Let's hope he stays fit.

Usually, I might see this as a bit of a 'make or break' time for him, but next season follows this condensed Covid-19-affected season (lacking a proper pre-season and with a tight schedule, apart from right now) and is sandwiched between the Euros and the World Cup.  The next couple of years - especially with financial constraints - could be a bit of a slog for clubs, but I wonder if it could be a good thing for youngsters (more opportunities) and those who the jury may otherwise be out on...'squad players' could be very important.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4092 on: March 20, 2021, 05:16:25 pm »
The one blind spot that Klopp has is with Oxlade-Chamberlain and his position. I can't recall one game where he's looked comfortable out wide. Meanwhile he had his best spell for us in the middle. His recent cameo was promising when he was taking up positions centrally behind our attackers.

Question marks over his future, but I'd like to see him as a 10. He may still have a role there.
It's not a blind spot, what a ridiculous assertion. It's just a way of getting the player some minutes without disturbing the midfield setup. I'm sure he's perfectly aware that it's not the player's best position.

No matter how much you wish it, and brag to your dog about it, you haven't noticed something that Kloppo has missed.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4093 on: March 21, 2021, 01:45:37 am »

Where do you feel he plays? Gotta be honest i'm really confused by your posts on him. He pretty much only plays in the midfield 3 for us apart from some time in a wide forward position which doesn't suit him much in our side.

Go and look at his best Liverpool performances and i'll be amazed if more than 3 is outside of a midfield 3 position. He plays with 2 other CMs with Bobby, Sadio and Mo up top unless my memory has failed me terribly.

Offline Ginieus

• Main Stander
  • Chilled out entertainer
« Reply #4094 on: March 21, 2021, 09:22:40 am »

Before his injuries, he was playing well as one of the midfield 3. I'm thinking Man City in champs league for example. He is definitely a confidence type of player and needs a run of games. If things go further south in the league then potentially we can use him more often but he has got to give more.

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4095 on: March 21, 2021, 09:28:32 am »
Where do you feel he plays? Gotta be honest i'm really confused by your posts on him. He pretty much only plays in the midfield 3 for us apart from some time in a wide forward position which doesn't suit him much in our side.

Go and look at his best Liverpool performances and i'll be amazed if more than 3 is outside of a midfield 3 position. He plays with 2 other CMs with Bobby, Sadio and Mo up top unless my memory has failed me terribly.

I don't feel he really fits as one of the midfield three or the front three, like I said. I don't think it's that confusing really.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4096 on: March 21, 2021, 09:30:45 am »
Nice to see him get a bit of praise for his cameo the other day. He did look good. Would be a shot in the arm for us if he hits a good patch of form now because he can score goals. Having someone outside the front three who can score, especially from distance will give the bus Parker’s something to think about.

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4097 on: March 21, 2021, 09:31:04 am »
Before his injuries, he was playing well as one of the midfield 3. I'm thinking Man City in champs league for example. He is definitely a confidence type of player and needs a run of games. If things go further south in the league then potentially we can use him more often but he has got to give more.

I think we've moved on from then, we've seen players leave (Emre Can) and others join (Keita, Fabinho, Thiago) and I'm not really sure where Chamberlain fits in anymore.
Hopefully he can get some rhythm towards the end of the season and have a good preseason.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4098 on: March 21, 2021, 09:54:23 am »
I think he's a player that needs minutes and unfortunately he came back form an injury at a time when we were really struggling for injuries and needed some stability - hardly the time to be giving him minutes.

I think there's quite a few things for him to improve on as Klopp likes to have well rounded players in midfield. That being said, he possesses genuine goal threat in that final third and is probably one of the best long range shooters we have. He's got a handful of games this season to try to make his mark.

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4099 on: March 21, 2021, 10:11:46 am »
Nice to see him get a bit of praise for his cameo the other day. He did look good. Would be a shot in the arm for us if he hits a good patch of form now because he can score goals. Having someone outside the front three who can score, especially from distance will give the bus Parker’s something to think about.

I thought it was the best he's looked for a long time, albeit only a cameo, and it came in the front three. I assume he's not been called up on international duty so the time on the training ground should help.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4100 on: March 21, 2021, 07:17:41 pm »
I thought it was the best he's looked for a long time, albeit only a cameo, and it came in the front three. I assume he's not been called up on international duty so the time on the training ground should help.
It was a good cameo, worth the praise Ox is getting. But I don't quite get what people see as promising. We've been ravaged by injuries this season and he's not been available for most of the time when the bar has been dropped so low; what is the chance that he'll get in the team once everyone is fit? Even if he's fit too, he won't have the opportunities on the field to get into rhythm. I love the guy, and I think we are badly missing elements of his game that no one else offers, but I think it's time to look past sentiments and look at other options.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4101 on: March 21, 2021, 08:26:49 pm »
I don't feel he really fits as one of the midfield three or the front three, like I said. I don't think it's that confusing really.

Fair play. Think he's a quality player myself who's needed some time to get fit after a long lay off and back into some form personally. Suprised to see some dont feel CM is his best position. He's put in some wondeful performances there for us and I remember many being gutted when he got injured which doesn't tend to happen for players who dont excel in a position unless you have an injury crisis there.

Think he gets too much stick personally, some would have you believe he barely contributes from CM instead of being a quality player who brings drive from the position and just suffers too many inuries

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4102 on: March 21, 2021, 08:35:52 pm »
Fair play. Think he's a quality player myself who's needed some time to get fit after a long lay off and back into some form personally. Suprised to see some dont feel CM is his best position. He's put in some wondeful performances there for us and I remember many being gutted when he got injured which doesn't tend to happen for players who dont excel in a position unless you have an injury crisis there.

Think he gets too much stick personally, some would have you believe he barely contributes from CM instead of being a quality player who brings drive from the position and just suffers too many inuries

Just re-read that and it comes across as a bit shitty, was wasn't my intention. Sorry!
I really like the lad and think he's a good player, I just struggle to see where he fits in at the moment. I really hope he does though, but probably think he will get more minutes on the right of the front three (with Salah in the middle) than in the midfield three.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4103 on: April 14, 2021, 10:32:57 pm »
That's two good cameos he's made in recent weeks.  It was always going to be difficult for him to make a big impact today as he came on with Real having 10 men behind the ball but he looked tidy and had one explosive run.

I've said before but it seems both Ox and Keita suit a tactic that Klopp has moved away from - not helped that both missed so many matches through injury that Klopp probably had to evolve the tactics.  Hopefully he gets a proper chance before it's too late for him here.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4104 on: April 14, 2021, 10:59:52 pm »
When he was fit.he was one of best goal scoring threats . especially in Europe .he looks fit.and Eger to prove it ..so why not starting?

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4105 on: April 15, 2021, 10:25:49 am »
Really hope he gets a run of games in midfield. He’s looked really good last few weeks
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4106 on: April 15, 2021, 10:31:43 am »
Another good cameo yesterday. Seems to have gained that extra sharpness back lately. Personally I would start him over Gini the next match.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4107 on: April 15, 2021, 12:10:55 pm »
When he was fit.he was one of best goal scoring threats . especially in Europe .he looks fit.and Eger to prove it ..so why not starting?

Because he's been playing garbage when offered a chance. Looked alright last night though, happy to see if he can offer us something extra. When he was at his best for us - that's exactly the type of player we're currently missing imo - drive from midfield, shots from range, feeding the front 3 etc.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4108 on: April 16, 2021, 08:32:21 am »

Because that was years ago and apart from a brief show last season, he has been awful.

Both he and Keita should really be worrying about their future here.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4109 on: April 16, 2021, 01:49:28 pm »
Because that was years ago and apart from a brief show last season, he has been awful.

Kieta needs to stay fit (looking less and less likely) , such a shame but the Ox looks done.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4110 on: April 26, 2021, 11:52:48 pm »
Ad like to see ox start a few games .to see if still got it .what we got to lose?

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4111 on: April 26, 2021, 11:57:45 pm »
Ad like to see ox start a few games .to see if still got it .what we got to lose?
See, I'll never understand this kind of post. It presupposes that every player isn't being meticulously analysed in training and analysis to see if they can bring something to the first team. But of course they are; those coaches and analysts and the manager aren't paid big bucks to do nothing.

It also pre-supposes that these players wll have an amazing game and reveal abilities and contributiuons that they have not been showing in training. Setting aside the vagaries of fortune, that is very, very unlikely.

If a player such as Ox is not starting then there's probably a pretty good reason for it. Simply saying chuck him out there just because it's something different, what have we got to lose, is not the way top level managers work.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4112 on: April 27, 2021, 12:04:36 am »
See, I'll never understand this kind of post. It presupposes that every player isn't being meticulously analysed in training and analysis to see if they can bring something to the first team. But of course they are; those coaches and analysts and the manager aren't paid big bucks to do nothing.

It also pre-supposes that these players wll have an amazing game and reveal abilities and contributiuons that they have not been showing in training. Setting aside the vagaries of fortune, that is very, very unlikely.

If a player such as Ox is not starting then there's probably a pretty good reason for it. Simply saying chuck him out there just because it's something different, what have we got to lose, is not the way top level managers work.
. So you are saying he is finished?

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4113 on: April 27, 2021, 12:06:56 am »
. So you are saying he is finished?
No, I am saying he's possibly not showing the manager enough at the moment to merit a start. It could also be that other players are deemed more essential and so have to start, meaning there's no space for him.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4114 on: April 27, 2021, 12:09:57 am »
I like to see him play a decent few minuteshe looks fit ..given him just 3. 4 mins at end of games is pointless
For me

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #4115 on: May 10, 2021, 12:18:47 pm »
Expecting a little Little Mix. Congratulations.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4116 on: May 10, 2021, 12:22:20 pm »
Aww, congrats Alex.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4117 on: May 10, 2021, 01:20:50 pm »
Congrats to Alex and his girlfriend.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #4118 on: May 10, 2021, 01:39:03 pm »

Like both players but wouldn’t be a bit worried if both were moved on for decent fees and the cash reinvested in new players

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4119 on: May 11, 2021, 08:37:12 am »
Like both players but wouldn’t be a bit worried if both were moved on for decent fees and the cash reinvested in new players

Ox and Keita not working out, be it injuries or form, has been a big undoing for us. We're not a club who can afford big transfers not working out.

They were meant to be our goalscoring, creative midfielders. Ox was the defacto Coutinho replacement in the months after he left.

The fact they've offered zilch between them all season (combined with the CB's injured) has meant we're almost entirely reliant on the front three for goals. At a period when Bobby can't finish anymore and Mane lost his form massively. All while our holding midfielders have been playing at the back or injured.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season