Author Topic: Prince Rogers Nelson. 1958 - 2016.  (Read 43576 times)

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Prince dies aged 57
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2016, 07:44:47 pm »
While he was tapping up a few broads he wrote a few ditties for them as well

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/56gpwl6cohc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/56gpwl6cohc</a>

Cracker.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2016, 07:45:34 pm »
The best live performer you could ever see. The best night of my life (apart from my wedding day and the birth of my son, I'm contractually obliged to say that) was an after show party me and a load of mates saw him in a little club inside the O2 in 2007, he played until 4 in the morning.

Rest in peace little man.

Feeling very emotional here. One of my heroes.

My dad saw him live and it was the best night of his life too.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2016, 07:47:16 pm »
Starfish & Coffee, Annie Christian, Bob George. I could go on all night.

One of his 'not so good' albums (late 80's onwards) would always have an absolute gem of a track on it.
Just get Sign of The Times on. Strictly CD for me tonight unfortunetly because as you can see...

Also for some reason all my Prince records jump on it now, honestly can't make sense of that one at all, I'm sure one of you might maybe know what's happening other than my player being a fucking piece of shit.

Offline Red Crown

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2016, 07:48:17 pm »
With the exclusion of deaths by family members and friends, only Robin William's death has struck me like this.

RIP Prince, thank you for the music.

Also; Public radio in Minnesota, Prince’s home city, is playing non-stop Prince in tribute which you can stream; http://www.thecurrent.org/

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2016, 07:48:37 pm »
Some serious piss-take potential here but fuck it, I don't care.........

When I was 18 back in Libpool I was a model. Yeah, yeah, laugh it up bitches! But my first show saw me modelling some clothes designed by a local guy who had a shop in Concert Square. The track chosen for the catwalk of that particular bit was "Irresistible Bitch" which, to this day, remains one of my favourite ever songs.  :'(

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2016, 07:49:00 pm »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2016, 07:50:21 pm »
Cracker.
Best to get looked into a deep groove with this one

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-fpnJgek6QQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-fpnJgek6QQ</a>

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2016, 07:50:23 pm »
Just get Sign of The Times on. Strictly CD for me tonight unfortunetly because as you can see...

I'm getting emotional listening to 6 music, not sure I can put the iPod on.

Sent the wife out to get some beer and hash. Can't cope tonight without.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2016, 07:53:44 pm »
Fair play those who saw him live. Anyone who did seemed to be in agreement that he was right up there with the best live performers.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2016, 07:56:29 pm »
"Could you be the most beautiful girl in the world"..... I defy anyone to listen to that and not melt! Is it any wonder every girl in world wanted to shag him?

You tiny brilliant sexy genius, we're gonna miss you!

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 07:59:56 pm by KerryKop: A True & Willing Believer! »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2016, 07:58:08 pm »
Some serious piss-take potential here but fuck it, I don't care.........

When I was 18 back in Libpool I was a model. Yeah, yeah, laugh it up bitches! But my first show saw me modelling some clothes designed by a local guy who had a shop in Concert Square. The track chosen for the catwalk of that particular bit was "Irresistible Bitch" which, to this day, remains one of my favourite ever songs.  :'(

Prince meets Ponce
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Red Crown

• Kopite
« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2016, 07:58:20 pm »
Fair play those who saw him live. Anyone who did seemed to be in agreement that he was right up there with the best live performers.

He was amazing live.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2016, 08:00:23 pm »
Best to get looked into a deep groove with this one

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-fpnJgek6QQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-fpnJgek6QQ</a>

Got a box load of 12" singles from back in the day, some rare imports included, some of the B-Sides are amazing.

17 Days, She's Always in My Hair, Irresistible Bitch and of course Erotic City.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2016, 08:03:11 pm »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2016, 08:04:41 pm »
Prince meets Ponce

24/7 is so hot right now.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2016, 08:07:28 pm »
Just seen this on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/according2hiphop/videos/10154076274460883/
The man had his faults but he lived to play. Nearly forty years of pretty much constant creation and single mindedness of what he wanted to do which was to simply make music and play with other musicians.

How can you quantify this loss? I can't, just still in shock really. 

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2016, 08:07:52 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2016, 08:08:04 pm »

He played Main Road in the 90's and I couldn't get anyone to go with me , so I jibbed it...the following week I got me hair cut in local hairdressers , all the girls were fit ( that's why I went there)  and I got to know them enough to chat...they said they'd all been to see Prince the week before, I said  I wanted to go but didn't fancy on me own, they said if they knew I could have gone with them , they organised a mini-bus...I was gutted...but not as gutted as when they showed me pictures of them at the gig...they all went in Basque's and sussies!........oh! and they said Prince was good too!

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2016, 08:10:03 pm »
The man had his faults but he lived to play. Nearly forty years of pretty much constant creation and single mindedness of what he wanted to do which was to simply make music and play with other musicians.

How can you quantify this loss? I can't, just still in shock really. 

Never been affected like this by a death of someone I never met.  I hope youtube fills up with live shows now, cos he was a right bastard for taking them down. Not going to watching much else for a long time.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: April 21, 2016, 08:12:54 pm »
In tears tonight. I  refused to listen to his music, then my husband starts playing sinead O'Connor Nothing compares to you
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2016, 08:13:51 pm »

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2016, 08:14:24 pm »
Never been affected like this by a death of someone I never met.  I hope youtube fills up with live shows now, cos he was a right bastard for taking them down. Not going to watching much else for a long time.
In tears tonight. I  refused to listen to his music, then my husband starts playing sinead O'Connor Nothing compares to you

Sometimes it Snows in April and I'm gone.

Staying clear of it for a while

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: April 21, 2016, 08:15:02 pm »

Jeez , fuck me, if they play that....This is what it sounds like when FlashingBlade cries!!

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2016, 08:17:35 pm »
Stunned

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2016, 08:20:17 pm »
He played Main Road in the 90's and I couldn't get anyone to go with me , so I jibbed it...the following week I got me hair cut in local hairdressers , all the girls were fit ( that's why I went there)  and I got to know them enough to chat...they said they'd all been to see Prince the week before, I said  I wanted to go but didn't fancy on me own, they said if they knew I could have gone with them , they organised a mini-bus...I was gutted...but not as gutted as when they showed me pictures of them at the gig...they all went in Basque's and sussies!........oh! and they said Prince was good too!
Kinell mate, you sure missed out there!

Could've been groovin along with em to Erotic City.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 08:22:33 pm by Red_Mist »

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: April 21, 2016, 08:21:47 pm »
Kinell mate, you sure missed out there!

....This is what it sounds like when FlashingBlade cries!!

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: April 21, 2016, 08:24:18 pm »
..you get a load of old fella's in a pub talking about guitarists...Page, Beck, Clapton etc will all get named...but never Prince ..they couldn't comprehend that outside the genre of rock...a soul/pop/funk genius could also be a stunning guitar player

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #188 on: April 21, 2016, 08:26:02 pm »
There will be comparisons to Bowie's death, but with him you knew he had been ill, you knew that he had health problems so there was a chance that anything he put out could be his last.

Prince was still giving it socks touring and seemed like a guy who could go forever. You can reference his athletic ability in high school where despite his size was one of his school's best basketball players, something years later the Dave Chapelle show got a lot of mileage out of.

I just thought he was a bit of a superman and would go forever. Even the last night when his jet had to land because he was ill, the following day he was riding his bike around a park in Minneapolis, I thought to myself this man is a beast. He even organised a party in Paisley Park later that night, as a kind of up yours to any rumours of his demise.

In my fears I was half expecting it, just can't believe it yet. 

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: April 21, 2016, 08:27:37 pm »
Listening to Radio 1X  playing back to back Prince and every fucking track is brilliant....Diamonds and Pearls!

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #190 on: April 21, 2016, 08:27:49 pm »
..you get a load of old fella's in a pub talking about guitarists...Page, Beck, Clapton etc will all get named...but never Prince ..they couldn't comprehend that outside the genre of rock...a soul/pop/funk genius could also be a stunning guitar player
Look at him go here only a few months, blows everyone off the stage

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6SFNW5F8K9Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6SFNW5F8K9Y</a>

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: April 21, 2016, 08:39:20 pm »
Nooooo! Thats weird, was in the barber earlier and Purple Rain was playing - first time I've heard it in ages.

Super-talented man.

RIP

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2016, 08:42:13 pm »
I was recently on a long drive (Birmingham to Cornwall) with the family, it was the day Phife from a Tribe Called Quest died, put Peoples Instinctive Travels on as a mark of respect, my little 8 year old boy loved it. Then played Parade, the full album, he also was grooving along to that. Sometimes It Snows In April comes on, one of the most beautiful songs ever made, I turn it up, two minutes into it I look around and everyone is asleep in the car, a lovely moment I thought, a lovely song to drift off to.

Sometimes I wish life was never ending,
And all good things, they say, never last.

RIP.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #193 on: April 21, 2016, 08:46:08 pm »
Not a good year for the vertically challenged :-(

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: April 21, 2016, 08:49:14 pm »
Not a good year for the vertically challenged :-(
Dikwad, seems like you never got the memo regarding height and goodnight sweet prince, jokes, being off bounds tonight. Even for a piss taking c*nt like me as well. 

Yellow card. One more and its the naughty chair for you.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2016, 08:52:15 pm »
Correct x 10
Had the same conversation in a pub on guitarists.
We all said the same shite.
Mate pulls our 'Prince'; we all bought him a pint.
Brilliant guitarist

Offline E2K

• A seriously talented
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2016, 08:56:50 pm »
Genuinely gutted.

Saw him at Malahide Castle in 2011, and I’m so glad I did. Hands down the best gig I’ve been to. I can only describe it as 2+ hours in the presence of genuine, peerless and timeless genius at the peak of its powers. “I’ve got too many songs” he shouted during a medley about halfway through. He was right.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JVc0-zb4igY?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JVc0-zb4igY?fs=1</a>

Getting shitfaced tonight.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:35:15 pm by E2K »
Twitter: @e2klassic
Blog: theredstar.home.blog

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2016, 08:57:18 pm »
Yellow card. One more and its the naughty chair for you.
Fuck THAT! One more and I'll get him on the catwalk. I need some deflection here...........

Oh and just found this - the rap in the middle is still one of the sexiest things I've ever heard on a record.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EPKRrEFUA2s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EPKRrEFUA2s</a>

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2016, 09:01:17 pm »
...the rap in the middle is still one of the sexiest things I've ever heard on a record.

That whole song is just disgusting filth ;).......and seriously brilliant!

I know the lyrics well..
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:05:57 pm by The Gulleysucker »
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2016, 09:04:44 pm »
During the tour of Lovesexy, there was a part of the show where a basketball ring comes up out of the stage. In between solos a basketball is thrown to Prince for him to make a three point shot. He makes that shot every night and carries on with the show like it's nothing

What an animal ;D