Poll

When in the morning do you brush your teeth?

Before Breakfast
79 (28.9%)
After Breakfast
141 (51.6%)
Dont have Breakfast
42 (15.4%)
Dont brush my teeth
11 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 272

Author Topic: When To Brush Your Teeth  (Read 10264 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: When To Brush Your Teeth
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2016, 07:18:24 pm »
Does anyone use those bicarbonate toothpastes?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2016, 07:36:48 pm »
Does anyone use those bicarbonate toothpastes?

I love them, but they are hardcore.
No quicker way to whiten your teeth - not sure if it's healthy, probably not.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2016, 08:09:32 pm »
I love them, but they are hardcore.
No quicker way to whiten your teeth - not sure if it's healthy, probably not.
How long did it take to notice a visible change in your teeth?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2016, 01:35:10 pm »
How long did it take to notice a visible change in your teeth?

7-10 days I think.
Three brushings a day.

This paste:
http://www.armandhammer.com/news/arm-and-hammer-baking-soda-toothpaste.aspx

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2016, 10:07:12 pm »
Firmino must of been reading this thread.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2016, 10:10:43 pm »
Before I slap them in the jar next to the bed.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2016, 01:56:29 pm »
Firmino must of been reading this thread.

Thought the same myself when he came off last night with a big white smile

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2016, 05:14:22 pm »
3 times a day. After breakfast, after dinner, and before bed. Also got into a quick flossing routine all times before i brush too. Bring a toothpick to work for lunch. If i could brush me teeth in the van after lunch, trust me, i would.
Also use a smidgen of raw organic coconut oil on the brush too for the extra anti bacteria and whitening benefits.

Are we still talking about teeth here :)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2017, 03:52:37 pm »
I always circle back to this thread when i have teeth problems, apologies mods for bumping a 4 month old thread

Does anyone ever pound so hard that they get ulcers inside the cheek?

I try to brush my back corners, but with the head of my brush constantly touching my inside cheek, it gives me some painful ulcers.

But it's either that or leave the back teeth uncatered, which if left can cause gums back there to swell.

It's a catch 22 situation, you either brush properly or don't but damned either way.

Google doesn't help, i googled the white spots in my mouth and it says i have mouth cancer.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 03:56:51 pm by Andy Hunter »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2017, 04:39:17 pm »
I always circle back to this thread when i have teeth problems, apologies mods for bumping a 4 month old thread

I try to brush my back corners, but with the head of my brush constantly touching my inside cheek, it gives me some painful ulcers.

But it's either that or leave the back teeth uncatered, which if left can cause gums back there to swell.

It's a catch 22 situation, you either brush properly or don't but damned either way.

Google doesn't help, i googled the white spots in my mouth and it says i have mouth cancer.

Get an electric toothbrush, far better than using a manual brush, I've got a Braun and its great. I used to really suffer with mouth ulcers before I got the first electric one, don't get many anymore (only when I don't drink enough water do I get them now).
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2017, 05:24:13 pm »
Get an electric toothbrush, far better than using a manual brush, I've got a Braun and its great. I used to really suffer with mouth ulcers before I got the first electric one, don't get many anymore (only when I don't drink enough water do I get them now).

I've never used electric, this may be the time to. Especially if it prevents ulcers like in your case.

I'm pretty sure Braun is the market leader too.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2017, 05:46:23 pm »
I've never used electric, this may be the time to. Especially if it prevents ulcers like in your case.

I'm pretty sure Braun is the market leader too.

I'd never go back to a manual toothbrush. They're expensive but worth it, mine is an older one with a built in timer so that you clean your teeth in 4 zones for 30 seconds each. The newer ones have pressure sensors, monitor how you brush etc.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2017, 12:52:10 pm »

My dentist says I brush too hard, wearing away my gums. Don't brush too hard you'll wear the enamel and your gums away.

If you tend to have mouth issues try corsodyl but don't use it longer than a week.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2017, 02:34:12 pm »
I had really bad gum problems and was in danger of losing my teeth. I've been having sessions with a hygenist who taught me how to brush and maintain my teeth. This is my regime:

Oral-B electric toothbrush with timer ensures 30 seconds each: top left/top right/bottom left/bottom right. Always in the same pattern.
Every so often I switch the brush head from side-to-side to rotary.
Then I use TePe interdental brushes between the teeth with Curasept. Use the biggest brush that will fit through the gap.

My gums are now fine.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2017, 03:15:10 pm »
I had really bad gum problems and was in danger of losing my teeth. I've been having sessions with a hygenist who taught me how to brush and maintain my teeth. This is my regime:

Oral-B electric toothbrush with timer ensures 30 seconds each: top left/top right/bottom left/bottom right. Always in the same pattern.
Every so often I switch the brush head from side-to-side to rotary.
Then I use TePe interdental brushes between the teeth with Curasept. Use the biggest brush that will fit through the gap.

My gums are now fine.

My kids have an app with a timer for 2 minutes and every 30 seconds it tells them to switch. While it counts down it gradually uncovers a picture containing a Disney character and gradually they fill up a virtual album of these pictures.

Let me know if you want me to send you the link. :D

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2017, 01:55:50 pm »
Sorry I'm late to the party, but the 'cheap' £3-£5 I think electric ones are ok. Colgate I think. They look more like normal tootbrushes so don't have the rotary action which I believe is better. You could give one a go though to see if helps with the ulcers.
And for the Oral B fans, can I recommend you give the 'compatible' heads a whirl. They seem to do the job just as well , and at a fraction of the price of course. Think I got 2 packs of 5 off ebay, for less than I'd pay for one 3 pack of Oral B ones.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2017, 04:19:32 pm »
I seem to remember reading that there's something in your saliva - maybe an enzyme - that helps to repair the enamel on your teeth.  So if you have some decay, as long as you take care of it and keep to your dentist, your teeth will actually "heal" over time.

I'm only missing two teeth myself, lost to an incompetent dentist rather than anything I did, so I can only assume that I'm taking decent care of my teeth as things stand.  I've only ever used a manual brush though.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2017, 09:45:26 am »
After breakfast, which usually is just coffee, and before bed. After meals I sometimes use mouth wash with fluoride or just rub some toothpaste on my teeth.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline OperationIvy

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2017, 12:16:14 pm »
I dunno how anyone brushes before eating / drinking.
If you brush just before going for a pint it tastes like mouthwash!

I always brush my teeth before drinking pints if I get the chance.

Because if you are going to spend all evening sipping pints, your teeth take a constant battering.

Unless, of course, you are going to just down 5 pints in a row. Then you're good. ;D

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2017, 09:40:43 am »
Looking to get an OralB 8000 or 9000 from their genius series. Anyone use it here and if so what's it like?
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2017, 10:32:13 am »
Methadone Mick recommends, before it's too late....
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2017, 11:41:48 am »
I had an abscess in my gum start of April 2016, ended up at an emergency dentists with an antibiotic to settle it - not pleasant at all, one side of my face completely ballooned.

1st April this year I remembered back to last year and thought, 'I haven't been back to the dentists since... :/' Booked an appointment and it turned out that I needed a root canal on the tooth where the abscess was. They did it over two appointments - had the second and final part of it this morning. Not once did I feel any pain. I'm sure there are tons of people like me who are shit scared of the dentists and as a result, your teeth suffer because of it. I never went to the dentist unless I had a problem. As a child, I had severe ear trauma, culminating in a perforated eardrum and cholesteatoma in the ear - I remember being held down in a dentist-like chair by some nurses and a doctor to try and clean my ear with a suction hose, until my parents realised this was happening when I went into a side room to have my ear cleaned alone... But that is where my fear always stemmed from - my first visit recently I was in tears before I went near the chair. I spoke to two people before getting the root canal treatment and they were like 'Oooh! Fuck! Poor you...' etc... and neither had had any root canal treatment!! But not once did I experience any kind of pain or discomfort, it's just awkward people poking in your mouth but no pain.

So yeah, not really around toothbrushes, but just incase there is anyone reading this thread who is in any way like me, scared to go to the dentist, there is nothing to be afraid of. I am quite fortunate that my teeth are in fairly good condition, could be a bit whiter, but having avoided a dentist for years until I got an abscess , they could have been in a worse way. But now I will go back in 6 months for a check-up - there's really nothing to be afraid of!

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2017, 06:17:38 pm »
No wisdom teeth at 34. No room for them either. They'd have to come in sideways. No sign of em.

Should I be arsed?

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2017, 11:10:21 am »
Certainly before, and ideally afterwards.
No time for caution.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2017, 05:10:41 pm »
Methadone Mick recommends, before it's too late....
Fuck me FS good to see you're still around. And giving advice on dental hygiene!

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2018, 06:58:00 pm »
Over the last couple months I've had a recurring swelling in the right back corner of my mouth.

Tomorrow I'm going to a dentist to check it. I try not to go often as Rafa got sacked on the day I had a filling.

I have a fear she is going to take my wisdom teeth out, as last time she pushed me towsrds it.

I just wanted to know.. Has anyone had them taken out before?

1. Do you have to miss work because of the pain?

2. How long does the pain last?

3. How does it affect your day to day life? Housework, eating, having sex, driving and mainly sleeping.

I'm the only one my household who faces this, so here is the only place to ask (don't have many friends)

I'm really scared about this.

Offline nick_8589

• Kopite
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2018, 01:03:46 pm »
Over the last couple months I've had a recurring swelling in the right back corner of my mouth.

Tomorrow I'm going to a dentist to check it. I try not to go often as Rafa got sacked on the day I had a filling.

I have a fear she is going to take my wisdom teeth out, as last time she pushed me towsrds it.

3. How does it affect your day to day life? Housework, eating, having sex, driving and mainly sleeping.

I'm the only one my household who faces this, so here is the only place to ask (don't have many friends)

Having them taken out depends on how badly they are impacted it was around a week for mine and they were pretty bad I wasn’t in agony for all of it but the first couple of days was very sore, you could get the molars removed next to them to free up space that might be a little better but if you need it do it mate, I left mine way too long and the pain of getting them removed is nothing compared to them forcing their way through and cracking other teeth, it’s my biggest regret my mouth was a state after and it cost me nearly £5000 to put it all right.

Offline nick_8589

• Kopite
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2018, 01:10:07 pm »

Sorry I’ll answer it the way you wanted.

1. I had a week off but really could have gone back after the first couple of days.

2. For me it was a week but I left mine way too long.

3. Outside of the first couple of days not that badly, you can’t really eat or drink hot stuff at first, recommend some co-codamol for sleeping.

You’ll be fine honestly especially if they’re not pushing up against other teeth yet

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2018, 03:58:19 pm »
No wisdom teeth at 34. No room for them either. They'd have to come in sideways. No sign of em.

Should I be arsed?

Your dentist will be able to tell from an x-ray, I don't have any 8)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2018, 05:29:00 pm »
Dentists tell you to brush your teeth before breakfast. Something to do with your saliva levels.

But then I go out with bits of toast stuck to my teeth.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2018, 08:17:27 pm »
But then I go out with bits of toast stuck to my teeth.

clean that shit off with your tongue  :lickin :lickin :lickin :lickin
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017