Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 661157 times)

Offline Cerebro_Kop121

• Main Stander
  • at the end of strom is the GOLDEN sky.
Re: Origi, chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker
« Reply #1400 on: January 19, 2017, 04:09:44 am »
Just heard he's missed the last 5 penalties he's taken ;D Maybe that should be the end of him on pens.

Surprised to see him struggling at the moment, his confidence seems to have taken a real hit.  Happens with young players though and I trust Klopp to help him rediscover it.

Nahhh ... score 1 from 5 penalty that he taken ...  :'( :'( :'(

http://www.transfermarkt.com/divock-origi/elfmetertore/spieler/148368/saison_id//wettbewerb_id//plus/1#tore

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #1401 on: January 19, 2017, 08:05:55 am »
He's too predictable in everything he does at the moment; passing, dribbling, shooting... too easy to read his game.
He should work more on instinct instead of over-thinking too much in my opinion.
Put some magic in it Divock and enjoy your game.
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline simbo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1402 on: January 20, 2017, 11:19:26 am »
Has deffo regressed since that toffee took him out last season, looks so much easier to bully off the ball, and even seems to have lost a fraction of pace, hold up play compared to back end of last season is night and day, still young tho so can be excused

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1403 on: January 20, 2017, 11:22:45 am »
Has deffo regressed since that toffee took him out last season, looks so much easier to bully off the ball, and even seems to have lost a fraction of pace, hold up play compared to back end of last season is night and day, still young tho so can be excused

No one was saying he has regressed when he banged in 5 goals in 5 games not too long ago..

F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1404 on: January 20, 2017, 11:31:01 am »
No one was saying he has regressed when he banged in 5 goals in 5 games not too long ago..
There was a fair bit of talk about if he suited our current system and that how he'd be unlikely to keep up his goalscoring around then.

Offline 88_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1405 on: January 20, 2017, 11:36:26 am »
There was a fair bit of talk about if he suited our current system and that how he'd be unlikely to keep up his goalscoring around then.

This would suggest his goals were a fluke..

I feel the overall team is playing poorly and hence he is struggling, just like anyone else who is playing up front for us..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1406 on: January 20, 2017, 11:44:02 am »
This would suggest his goals were a fluke..

I feel the overall team is playing poorly and hence he is struggling, just like anyone else who is playing up front for us..
Players go on streaks of goal scoring/not goal scoring all the time, it was said at the time he wasn't shooting enough in the box to keep up that sort of record and that seems to have been proven right.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1407 on: January 20, 2017, 11:46:32 am »
Players go on streaks of goal scoring/not goal scoring all the time, it was said at the time he wasn't shooting enough in the box to keep up that sort of record and that seems to have been proven right.
He's not 1 in 1 striker, nobody is. Things are evening themselves out, he'll start scoring again soon though.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1408 on: January 20, 2017, 11:49:28 am »

It would be interesting to know how many clear chances we have been creating recently. No where near as at the start of the season I reckon.
Might have something to do with our strikers not scoring at the moment.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1409 on: January 20, 2017, 11:52:21 am »
he shown with that strike after his peno mess, he has power in both feet and can rattle a ball when given the opportunity (from open play :P )

I'm a big fan of the lad, but he hasn't been delivering his best performances recently, strangely his touch just seems abit off.. but nothing to be overly worried about, he will be a valuable asset for years to come and bang in plenty of goals, no doubt.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1410 on: January 20, 2017, 12:00:38 pm »
I keep hearing about Sturridge having the better technique, ability to change a game, that moment of magic etc etc
but he just isnt showing it when he gets a chance AND he's out for three quarters of the season.

Yet every time I see Divvy play he gives absolutely everything, causes problems and more often than not gets goals,
he's not perfect, he's a bit up and down as young players tend to be but I would much rather see him in the starting lineup than Sturridge. And he seems relatively normal when it comes to injuries and recovery.

For someone with such great technique Studge gives the ball away an awful lot, takes too many touches, pulls step overs when theres no need time after time after time, often looks on his heels, slows things down. If he was scoring for fun when he gets a start it wouldnt be so bad, you could put up with him being injured for huge parts of the season, but he doesn't. Incredibly frustrating player.

With Divvy you know what you'll get, a big battering ram with decent pace, decent technique and a solid finisher and someone whos only going to get better AND give you more than 12 games a season.

Absolute no brainer, I honestly don't know how its still a discussion.

Are you watching the right player, I have seen every Liverpool striker since Roger Hunt. He is down there with the likes of  Alan Waddle for being very, very average ..

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1411 on: January 20, 2017, 12:07:27 pm »

Plenty did actually.  Despite those goals, his all round play has been worse this season IMO.

But young players go through dips of form & confidence, so I don't think it is anything to be too worried about.

But I think he looked better last season as well.  But he'll be back to his best soon, hopefully.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1412 on: January 20, 2017, 12:07:50 pm »
Are you watching the right player, I have seen every Liverpool striker since Roger Hunt. He is down there with the likes of  Alan Waddle for being very, very average ..

Alan Waddle scored one goal for us and went on to have a lower-league career.
Origi has 22 caps for a strong national side at the age of 21 and has already scored 17 goals for us despite (rightly) being in and out of the side.
Even by internet forum standards, that's a pretty ridiculous comparison.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1413 on: January 20, 2017, 12:11:54 pm »
Alan Waddle scored one goal for us and went on to have a lower-league career.
Origi has 22 caps for a strong national side at the age of 21 and has already scored 17 goals for us despite (rightly) being in and out of the side.
Even by internet forum standards, that's a pretty ridiculous comparison.

No-one who uses "average" that way ever has anything of value to say.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1414 on: January 20, 2017, 12:28:10 pm »

True enough, there's some people I should just learn to ignore, it's good for the blood pressure!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1415 on: January 20, 2017, 12:28:22 pm »

He's got a point though, he's more average than the average average striker, certainly no less average anyway. And are you old enough to have seen Alan Waddle? Because Cormack is absolutely right, Waddle made average strikers of that era look positively average in comparison, and Origi now actually makes the averageness of Waddle look a lot less average.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1416 on: January 20, 2017, 12:29:45 pm »
He's got a point though, he's more average than the average average striker, certainly no less average anyway. And are you old enough to have seen Alan Waddle? Because Cormack is absolutely right, Waddle made average strikers of that era look positively average in comparison, and Origi now actually makes the averageness of Waddle look a lot less average.

No, the strikers I remember for Liverpool were Rush, Fowler, Collymore, Owen, Torres and Suarez. What's the average of them? A FUCKING BEAST.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1417 on: January 20, 2017, 12:38:54 pm »
No, the strikers I remember for Liverpool were Rush, Fowler, Collymore, Owen, Torres and Suarez. What's the average of them? A FUCKING BEAST.

Rose tinted glasses I'm afraid Nessy

Rush was very, very average at geography
Fowler was very, very average at not being born in Toxteth
Collymore was very, very average at not being an utter bellend after he retired
Owen had the same problem, and was very, very average at it
Torres was very, very average at having a ginger beard
Suarez was very, very average at moving to Man Utd as one of their marquee signings last summer
Alan Waddle was very, very good at being average
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1418 on: January 20, 2017, 01:06:40 pm »
Apart from maybe jimmy greaves i believe Ian rush was the best finisher the league ever saw. Yet when he had played a few games sir Bob threatened him with a transfer because he wasn't being selfish enough. A bit of psychology from the boss but the point is even rushy took time to find a proper consistency. Divock is young so inconsistent is to be expected
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1419 on: January 20, 2017, 04:52:41 pm »

Suarez was very, very average at moving to Man Utd as one of their marquee signings last summer

I'd hate to have to teach maths to any kids who frequent this forum, that's all I'm saying.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1420 on: January 20, 2017, 08:55:43 pm »
He's been very frustrating of late. He's getting a few goals, but his all round game hasn't progressed since last season - say that citing i know hes only 21 and has time on his side. Playing more and more will only help.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1421 on: January 21, 2017, 12:49:25 am »

Average post mate.

Offline 88_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That ball to Gini was a thing of beauty played at exactly the right time.

Should have scored too. So unlucky

Great cameo Divok lad!!!

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
He's had a bit of stick this year but we have to remember he is still young, with lots of potential.   Really glad he's with us.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Hopefully he'll start against Burnley. He's the sort of player who won't be pushed around and isn't easy to mark. That'll leave more room for our creative, smaller players.
#JFT97

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
I think he should play more of a part in the games like Burnley, when we know they'll sit deep and try to frustrate us.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
I think he should play more of a part in the games like Burnley, when we know they'll sit deep and try to frustrate us.

Drop Phil back in a midfield three to accommodate Divock's inclusion in the starting 11?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Drop Phil back in a midfield three to accommodate Divock's inclusion in the starting 11?

I'd rather us play a 4-2-3-1 then drop Coutinho into the midfield 3 if you want to include Origi more often.   

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan

Yeah, I think that's doable.  Also give him a chance If Firmino isn't effective. 

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1430 on: March 13, 2017, 12:02:23 am »
Things aren't really clicking for Divock at the minute and it's fair to say that can be somewhat expected considering his lack of playing time. Despite him getting assists against Arsenal and in today's match against Burnley, he seems on a different wavelength to the rest of the team. The link up play is absent, he's seemingly less involved in attacking movements and I personally think he looks more suited to a direct style of play as opposed to the intricate pressing system of Klopp's at the moment.

That said, I don't doubt his abilities and I hope Jurgen is patient with him. For a young player, he has bags of ability and even if he has struggled in the last couple of matches, he still conjured up chances and assists seemingly out of nowhere. Give him a shot at goal, and I believe he is our best goalscorer. I think that is telling about his natural abilities and I have faith that he will eventually ease into Klopp's system where he can participate a lot more in phases of play, rather than just individual moments of brilliance.

If he does that, then we will have a hell of a player on our hands.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1431 on: March 13, 2017, 12:11:17 am »
did make a nice run and just missed connecting on the headed chance from the cross by Mane. He's still too tentative but he will become a quality player if given the time and patience - he's shown the willingness to learn and be taught.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1432 on: March 13, 2017, 12:28:36 am »
I'm not sure if he technically gets an assist for Gini's goal but he set up both of them. Maybe he's not on top form but he's contributing when he plays.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1433 on: March 13, 2017, 12:51:06 am »
Crazy this lad is only 21. Will be massive for us.
Seen us win everything

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1434 on: March 13, 2017, 01:01:53 am »
He's still a diamond in the rough, he can be a very good player for us.

Offline tommo8

• Main Stander
« Reply #1435 on: March 13, 2017, 09:27:49 am »
The thing that frustrates me the most of Divock is his inability to win a header considering his height.

I have faith in his ability but all the counter attacks yesterday fell down when he was involved. We know he can do it just look at his form last season before his injury.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1436 on: March 13, 2017, 09:39:07 am »
The thing that frustrates me the most of Divock is his inability to win a header considering his height.

This annoys me so much too.

Does he wear lead boots? As he seems to have a total inability to jump to win a header.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1437 on: March 13, 2017, 09:42:33 am »

I have faith in his ability but all the counter attacks yesterday fell down when he was involved. We know he can do it just look at his form last season before his injury.

That was frustrating but not as frustrating as his inability to hold the ball up, show for it well or get a shot off across 90 minutes?

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #1438 on: March 13, 2017, 10:31:29 am »
That was frustrating but not as frustrating as his inability to hold the ball up, show for it well or get a shot off across 90 minutes?

Huh?

Origi was one of our best players yesterday and if I am not mistaken he got both assists. He contributes plenty and he is 100% a work in progress and needs to improve a lot but he is a very gifted player.

Also, as one of the pundits said he is being labeled because he is tall, so people want this traditional, hold up/knock it down big number 9 man type, he's not Andy Carroll, he uses speed and dribbling so don't expect him to be the english big man up top type, that's not what he is at all.

Offline jimbo1962

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1439 on: March 13, 2017, 10:35:31 am »
This annoys me so much too.

Does he wear lead boots? As he seems to have a total inability to jump to win a header.

you mustnt have seen him at Euro 16