Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1367852 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #2960 on: January 4, 2019, 01:28:01 am »
I hope it’s not me hurting ya brain there, lad? I’m just saying we need to deal with him being targeted, whether that be him on a personal performance level or our defense as a collective. I wasn’t the one suggesting he be replaced either, I really couldn’t honestly think of anyone that could off the top of my head, atleast not without an element of risk that we were actually downgrading. Still doesn’t mean the lad can’t improve and surely suggestion of that shouldn’t cause any harm to anyone.

Not to try and close down this valuable ‘debate’ you’re having....but our defence seems to have coped alright so far  :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2961 on: January 4, 2019, 01:36:40 am »
I hope it’s not me hurting ya brain there, lad? I’m just saying we need to deal with him being targeted, whether that be him on a personal performance level or our defense as a collective. I wasn’t the one suggesting he be replaced either, I really couldn’t honestly think of anyone that could off the top of my head, atleast not without an element of risk that we were actually downgrading. Still doesn’t mean the lad can’t improve and surely suggestion of that shouldn’t cause any harm to anyone.

Seems to do fine when he's been targeted this season. Trusted by the team and manager to defend, sometimes 1 v 2, on the flank we leave with less support too. Decent defensive record to show for it too.

Seemed to do a good job when being targeted, with even less protection, by City in one of our biggest games last season too.

The improvements required on tonight are in the way the midfield contributes when defending, how it deals with pressure, and how it retains possession. TAA was more often being looked at to try to find solutions to these problems (by our experienced centre halves and midfielders), rather than the problem itself

Offline UNO

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2962 on: January 4, 2019, 08:28:41 am »
Given his young age, it seems odd that he does not look to be very energetic. He seldom sprints to cover the runner or recover his position once he got dribbled by. He usually just moves slowly or stand still to watch the play go on. It happened before the first goal and a few times in previous games. He surely need to improve on that and some other defensive skills.

Offline The Naby Keita fan club

• Kopite
« Reply #2963 on: January 4, 2019, 09:18:42 am »
Lost all his battles in the air. Given he is now 6´1 or something and still rising you would expect him to win some. Its probably about timing now, Arnold is a great athlete, Im here to ask Klopp to be Trents heading coach like he did with that throw-inns coach. If Dirk Kuyt had Arnolds height and atheticism he would head home galore.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2964 on: January 4, 2019, 09:28:34 am »
Lost all his battles in the air. Given he is now 6´1 or something and still rising you would expect him to win some. Its probably about timing now, Arnold is a great athlete, Im here to ask Klopp to be Trents heading coach like he did with that throw-inns coach. If Dirk Kuyt had Arnolds height and atheticism he would head home galore.

He’s 5 foot 9

Kuyt is 6 foot

Apart from that everything else is....um
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2965 on: January 4, 2019, 09:48:20 am »
So, so far since last night, he’s got a poor mentality, lacks energy, can’t head a ball and should be replaced by Matt Doherty...

• Kopite
« Reply #2966 on: January 4, 2019, 09:51:12 am »
He’s 5 foot 9

Kuyt is 6 foot

Apart from that everything else is....um
Maybe its his hair cut lol! Or your wiki from 3 years ago. Arnold, if not taller than Kuyt, has definitely more athetic body frame to jump higher and win some air duels. Even Robertson is winning more ffs. I agree with you anyway, Trent is young with all aspects of his game to improve. I love him.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2967 on: January 4, 2019, 10:52:03 am »
So, so far since last night, he’s got a poor mentality, lacks energy, can’t head a ball and should be replaced by Matt Doherty...

The poor lad attracts the weirdos

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2968 on: January 4, 2019, 10:54:51 am »
I agree with you anyway, Trent is young with all aspects of his game to improve. I love him.

Let’s stick with that, because everything else you wrote was utter tosh again  ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2969 on: January 4, 2019, 12:30:57 pm »
Let’s stick with that, because everything else you wrote was utter tosh again  ;D

Again - the guy named Stan Fabinho Fan Club - who doesn't rate Stan Fabinho - is once more talking complete shit? Never!

• Kopite
« Reply #2970 on: January 4, 2019, 01:29:58 pm »
You are wrong mate and I bet my bottom dollar TAA is taller than Kuyt now. And will be even more. The main point was we cant aford our fullbacks loosing headers like that.

I want Arnold closing on the far post and pu.t some headers/wolleys in. He is a natural goalscorer.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2019, 01:32:28 pm by The Stan Fabinho fan club »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2971 on: January 4, 2019, 02:54:13 pm »
The guy dribbles past a player, plays a 25-35 yard cross-field pass with his weaker foot to effectively set up our goal. Very few footballers can do that. He is amazing.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #2972 on: January 4, 2019, 03:43:00 pm »
The question is: Is TAA going to end his career playing Right Back?

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2973 on: January 4, 2019, 03:46:35 pm »
The guy dribbles past a player, plays a 25-35 yard cross-field pass with his weaker foot to effectively set up our goal. Very few footballers can do that. He is amazing.

He was something quite special.

But last night wasn't his best game in terms of keeping possession of the ball or defending.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2974 on: January 4, 2019, 03:47:45 pm »

Why are we comparing Kuyt to TAA by the way?

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #2975 on: January 4, 2019, 04:28:14 pm »
Noticed Trent in the 2nd half having a god awful 5-10 mins where he couldn't find a player followed by an exceptional 5-10 minutes where I think he was probably the best player on the pitch and we started to shift momentum in our favour and get that equalizer with some of his passing and forward play....

He stood up and took risks

he's young and can be inconsistent but he's still learning. Have all the time in the world for this lad to develop into the monster player he will become
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2976 on: January 4, 2019, 04:37:02 pm »
I want Arnold closing on the far post and pu.t some headers/wolleys in. He is a natural goalscorer.
The gig's up, Roy.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2977 on: January 4, 2019, 06:17:05 pm »
No we don't. Ignorance is voluntary.

Nice.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2978 on: January 5, 2019, 01:08:54 am »
I have no issue with his defensive play last night, yes he got done a couple of times by Sane but I doubt there are many PL RB's who wont have been by the end of the season. My only issue with AA last night was he seemed to be yielding possession more frequently than usual and awesome cross field pass to Robertson aside I felt his passing was off most of the game, although he was not the only one. As many have already said though, at 20, its a minor thing that I'm sure experience and training with this group will improve no end.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2979 on: January 5, 2019, 01:46:12 am »
I have no issue with his defensive play last night, yes he got done a couple of times by Sane but I doubt there are many PL RB's who wont have been by the end of the season. My only issue with AA last night was he seemed to be yielding possession more frequently than usual and awesome cross field pass to Robertson aside I felt his passing was off most of the game, although he was not the only one. As many have already said though, at 20, its a minor thing that I'm sure experience and training with this group will improve no end.

Played a great ball in to Salah for the Mane chance. Also he's between 1.75 and 1.8 metres according to most sites. He's nowhere near 6'1, this keeps getting said every few months and it's patently untrue.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2980 on: January 5, 2019, 02:58:16 am »
FB with attacking ability is so important in modern day football, that's why Trent is such a valuable player over Clyne.
Believer

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #2981 on: January 7, 2019, 11:18:39 pm »
Nice to see his future replacement in action for Wolves ;D
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2982 on: January 10, 2019, 10:31:18 am »
Why not?

He's an excellent fullback and will only get better. I really like that he's good at every aspect of the game, similar to Robertson on the other side. Don't think he's weak defensively, even if it is the attacking game that really stands out. Can he improve? Of course, but you could obviously say that about any 20-year old defender. It's very, very rare that players that young have his consistency and ability already.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2983 on: January 10, 2019, 11:16:45 am »
Our fullbacks are playmakers- and very few teams have fullbacks like ours. Trent will continue in the fullback position, and together with Andy, will change how fullbacks are viewed in the modern game.

Kids will grow up wanting to be like Trent or Robbo- the best fullback playmakers in the world

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2984 on: January 10, 2019, 02:38:07 pm »
it's honestly a bit tiring to still be on for trying to convert him from RB to anywhere. Its all well and so that there are fullbacks like Clyne, solid defensively but with absolute zero end product/contribution in the final third, but top teams today generally have a boss fullback to cause problems at the opponent's goal. Real Madrid have won 4 European Cups with Marcelo and Carvajal, none of them are like Clyne and instead much more so like TAA.

The other 2 that have won it this decade who are not Chelsea? Barcelona (with Jordi Alba and Dani Alves/then Semedo) and Bayern with Lahm and Alaba. Again, all very very good at attacking (maybe except semedo, admittedly haven't seen much from him).

Please, to everyone that whishes TAA in midfield: give it a rest.

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2985 on: January 10, 2019, 03:33:39 pm »
Please, to everyone that whishes TAA in midfield: give it a rest.
Klopp used him there towards the end of last season, so it suggests he's being considered for a future midfield role.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2986 on: January 10, 2019, 03:41:44 pm »
Klopp used him there towards the end of last season, so it suggests he's being considered for a future midfield role.
if 2020 comes and Klopp has used him more than 5 times in total as midfielder, I'll eat my words.

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2987 on: January 10, 2019, 04:48:53 pm »
it suggested that we had roughly 2 fit midfielders at that point

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2988 on: January 10, 2019, 05:51:33 pm »
Our fullbacks are playmakers- and very few teams have fullbacks like ours. Trent will continue in the fullback position, and together with Andy, will change how fullbacks are viewed in the modern game.

Kids will grow up wanting to be like Trent or Robbo- the best fullback playmakers in the world

Robbo is brilliant going forwards, but you can't usually give him the ball and say 'make shit happen'. If somebody else has the opportunity to create something, Robbo will always make the run to enable it, he'll supplement that creator, play the accurate final ball, make the right decision etc. And he'll do it very well, to a standard better than (nearly?) every fullback in the league.

Trent, you can give the ball anywhere and he will make that shit happen of his own accord. He'll cut inside and play a 40 yard chip to the edge of the 6 yard box, with his weaker foot. He'll bypass the midfield press and find you in acres of space, or find your sprints in the channel. He'll pop free kicks in the top corner, he'll dribble around the press, he'll play 70 yard diagonals. 

Robertson is the prototypical fullback, but Trent's the true playmaker that you're referring to. Like Dani Alves and David Alaba, Trent is a CM/CAM playing fullback. Robbo is more like Abidal or Jordi Alba, 'merely' a fullback doing his job to the highest level. Just my opinion anyway

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #2989 on: January 10, 2019, 07:27:37 pm »
Given his young age, it seems odd that he does not look to be very energetic. He seldom sprints to cover the runner or recover his position once he got dribbled by. He usually just moves slowly or stand still to watch the play go on. It happened before the first goal and a few times in previous games. He surely need to improve on that and some other defensive skills.

Bingo.

It's one of the reasons why I think he's simply not a natural defender, and probably never will be one.

Watch Clyne, Robertson, and even Moreno when they need to make a recovery run. They SPRINT back until they are in good position or the danger is gone. TAA jogs. I think that is a habit developed at a very early stage of development, and I think it's a difficult habit to either make or break.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2990 on: January 10, 2019, 07:40:09 pm »

And he's lied about his height.....

And if he is 1.8 metres that works out at 70.9 inches so nearly 5'11".

But if he is 1.75 metres he'll be two inches shorter at nearly 5'9".
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 07:46:42 pm by So... Howard Phillips »

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2991 on: January 11, 2019, 04:33:06 pm »
And he's lied about his height.....

And if he is 1.8 metres that works out at 70.9 inches so nearly 5'11".

But if he is 1.75 metres he'll be two inches shorter at nearly 5'9".

He's not, and will apparently never be, a natural defender either now as well.

I'm not sure I've seen as much nonsense spouted about a player as there's been in this thread.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2992 on: January 11, 2019, 04:33:59 pm »
He's not, and will apparently never be, a natural defender either now as well.

I'm not sure I've seen as much nonsense spouted about a player as there's been in this thread.

Firmino thread, Keita thread, Sturridge thread, Voroni...oh wait

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2993 on: January 12, 2019, 04:45:04 pm »
Absolutely fucking brilliant considering he was playing with one leg. His passing today was a joy.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2994 on: January 12, 2019, 04:54:48 pm »
Great showing today.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2995 on: January 12, 2019, 04:54:48 pm »
I heard on Sky that he looked as though he was having to go off, but stayed on. What was the story?

Offline davealexred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2996 on: January 12, 2019, 04:55:10 pm »
Another great performance

Vital interception at the end

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2997 on: January 12, 2019, 05:16:09 pm »
He wasn't moving much for the first half an hour, I was worried that we'd lose him longer term. hopefully he doesn't have a reaction to today's game. With Gomez out too, we're getting really thin at the back, and the FA cup exit looks a lot more like a blessing in disguise; give the lads time to recover.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2998 on: January 12, 2019, 05:27:13 pm »
Played great. Hoping playing hasn’t aggregated his ankle. Week off. Feet up

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2999 on: January 12, 2019, 05:28:02 pm »
Give the boy a rest this week, showed guts today playing with an injury hopefully he'll be wrapped up in cotton wool for the next few days.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"