Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3527123 times)

Offline Garlic Red

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #25640 on: March 24, 2024, 11:21:22 am »
Colours are often based on sales, rarely do we use a yellow kit these days even though it was used in the 70s and 80s due to I imagine poor sales. Black kits sell well hence why we use them loads in the last 15 years .

The crazy kits are often aimed at kids and foreign markets.

We’ve done a few yellow kits but always with red as the complimentary colour, we’ve done them under adidas, warrior and nike.

This should be the style of yellow kit we should go for if we do another.

Online Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25641 on: March 24, 2024, 11:43:01 am »
Still wishing we’d do a silver-grey away a la 1989 and the season we beat Utd 4-1 at OT. Classic colours but we’ve only ever done it on these occasions

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #25642 on: March 24, 2024, 02:52:17 pm »
I'll be having the black one for my holidays. The white one would be great without the grey stains. I don't like the home one though, unfortunately.

Black one is very good. White one is meh. The home one is awful. The badge is a travesty. Something you'd expect on a jarg top.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25643 on: March 24, 2024, 06:50:09 pm »
The home one is vile. Can't buy into that at all.
The black one is nice.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #25644 on: March 24, 2024, 07:32:04 pm »
Black one is very good. White one is meh. The home one is awful. The badge is a travesty. Something you'd expect on a jarg top.

Don’t get why you say the home badge is a ‘travesty’…it’s a yellow Liver Bird. Simple. What’s wrong with that?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #25645 on: March 24, 2024, 08:03:14 pm »
Don’t get why you say the home badge is a ‘travesty’…it’s a yellow Liver Bird. Simple. What’s wrong with that?
There's a close-up somewhere in this thread which shows the bird is on top of a dodgy shield with YNWA behind the bird. It looks pretty awful, not classy as it does when standing alone.

It's on this page...   https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=305526.25480
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 08:06:02 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #25646 on: March 25, 2024, 09:53:37 am »
There's a close-up somewhere in this thread which shows the bird is on top of a dodgy shield with YNWA behind the bird. It looks pretty awful, not classy as it does when standing alone.

It's on this page...   https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=305526.25480

Is that badge and the overall shirt not a nod to 95/96 shirt?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25647 on: March 25, 2024, 12:34:35 pm »

Possibly so. I absolutely hated that shirt/crest, though. Still do. One of our worst ever. My brother was getting rid of a lot of his old LFC shirts because they no longer fit him. That was the only one I declined to take off his hands.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #25648 on: March 25, 2024, 01:45:16 pm »
Next season;s kits.

The home one is a disgrace. Shit pattern, shit collar, the badge is disgusting. The shade of red is okay though.
The away one had potential to be quite good, I like the colour scheme and the collar but the pattern is again just bizarre. The Nike tick being the wrong way round ... just why?
The third one I actually quite like. Simple design, simple colours. Very Liverpool in Europe like top.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25649 on: March 25, 2024, 01:49:21 pm »
Next season;s kits.

A good set.

As others have said the badge on the home kit is needlessly bad but it doesn't bother me hugely.

I've not bought a kit for ages as they're too expensive and I don't want to be supporting the knock-off merchants.  Both the lads will be after them for birthday or Christmas though so I'm glad to see they're not horrible looking.  They both had the green and white kit from the official store last season and the build quality was really poor, particularly on the adhesive elements like shirt numbers.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25650 on: March 25, 2024, 02:15:22 pm »
Why have we never done a yellow and black kit since Reebok? It proper spins my head, that Reebok kit of 04/05 was one of our best. Maybe Jurgen asked not to because of the Dortmund ties or something. Feels like we’ve tried so many shite colours over the years and that one is such a classic that’s never been revisited.

The beehive kit? That was atrocious!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #25651 on: March 25, 2024, 02:23:46 pm »
The beehive kit? That was atrocious!

Inclined to agree...though my own BISCAN 25 one does make occasional appearances at five-a-side still ;D Bet there aren't many of those!

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25652 on: March 25, 2024, 02:51:23 pm »
Next season;s kits.

really needs to be a moratorium on club merch, especially the Nike stuff, having YNWA on it. there's one Converse(?) jacket that has YNWA on it about 5 times  ;D

this is probably the weakest of the set of kits we've had with Nike imo, not sure player pictures will even help.

the training gear, especially the zip-ups, seem a lot nicer, but not so keen on walking around with AXA on my chest.
YNWA.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #25653 on: March 25, 2024, 03:44:06 pm »
really needs to be a moratorium on club merch, especially the Nike stuff, having YNWA on it. there's one Converse(?) jacket that has YNWA on it about 5 times  ;D

this is probably the weakest of the set of kits we've had with Nike imo, not sure player pictures will even help.

the training gear, especially the zip-ups, seem a lot nicer, but not so keen on walking around with AXA on my chest.

Maybe true on weakest set but the bolded bit always makes me laugh, people have been saying that since I joined RAWK and every single kit release, without fail, pics come out and it's like "oh, it's not as bad worn" haha

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #25654 on: March 25, 2024, 04:05:08 pm »
We've had two simple and elegant home kits in a row. This one was always going to be a monstrosity.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #25655 on: March 25, 2024, 06:23:44 pm »
What exactly is the grey pattern on the white kit? Does it actually depict anything or is it random markings? It's weird how some bits are larger blocks of pattern than others.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25656 on: March 26, 2024, 12:26:22 am »
Next season;s kits.

If I squint, while on my phone, that home kit looks ace.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25657 on: March 26, 2024, 11:55:30 am »
Maybe true on weakest set but the bolded bit always makes me laugh, people have been saying that since I joined RAWK and every single kit release, without fail, pics come out and it's like "oh, it's not as bad worn" haha

i think it's just everyone having a crush on Van Dijk personally  ;D
YNWA.

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #25658 on: March 26, 2024, 12:34:13 pm »
What exactly is the grey pattern on the white kit? Does it actually depict anything or is it random markings? It's weird how some bits are larger blocks of pattern than others.

It's a topographical depiction of the Mersey estuary, put through one of these:

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #25659 on: March 26, 2024, 06:23:53 pm »
The white one is a decent effort in parts, however the odd Nike tick makes it look like it is a knockoff bought down the market.  :-\

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #25660 on: March 26, 2024, 06:37:30 pm »
If I were making edits to improve the three shirts

Home kit - I would give it a plain white roll collar
White kit  - I would make the collar pure red (no white or yellow trim)
Black kit - I would make the kit black with gold collar and trim

Online fridgepants

• Kemlynite
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #25661 on: Yesterday at 02:40:08 pm »
I was really hoping Nike would do a kit without that stupid round neck/arm seam on it that means it won't fit, and then they do and put blumin' pinstripes on it. It's like they don't design these things with the bodies of middle-aged people who like cake in mind...

Online ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #25662 on: Yesterday at 05:45:28 pm »

I think it is as they are both fukin awful.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25663 on: Yesterday at 10:16:31 pm »
Next season;s kits.

That home kit is vile.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #25664 on: Yesterday at 10:18:50 pm »
I think it is as they are both fukin awful.
I actually like the cricket shirt. Have it framed with Robbie Fowlers autograph across the front. He was at his best then.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Online stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25665 on: Today at 11:14:36 am »

Pretty fucking wild that Adidas managed to embody the three stripes onto the Liverpool badge and crest. Imagine that nowadays. There'd be pitchforks.

Online fridgepants

• Kemlynite
« Reply #25666 on: Today at 12:20:44 pm »
I keep wondering about that shirt as my favourite recent kit (as a garment for me to actually wear iyswim) is the 17-18 one with the lovely dark red and the V-neck. I baby the one I eventually found on Vinted ("might be a fake, not sure, price reflects this") but am well aware that football shirts now, especially player versions, aren't really designed to be washed and worn multiple times.

Last season's green away was great too (perhaps I was swayed by the launch video?) as was the turquoise patterened one (which I have, but got Henderson on the back so feel a bit weird about wearing it these days)

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25667 on: Today at 12:20:50 pm »
Pretty fucking wild that Adidas managed to embody the three stripes onto the Liverpool badge and crest. Imagine that nowadays. There'd be pitchforks.
That was one of my biggest gripes with Adidas. Our kits always tended to look like an Adidas kit with a Liverpool badge on, rather than a Liverpool kit with an Adidas makers logo on.

Online fridgepants

• Kemlynite
« Reply #25668 on: Today at 12:21:52 pm »
Isn't that the case with a lot of Nike shirts these days? Bring back goalkeeper shirts that look like a leisure centre carpet!

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25669 on: Today at 12:26:11 pm »
Really like that black kit. Still, nothing compares to my all time favourite one which was Alisson's black and gold top the year we won the league.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25670 on: Today at 12:41:06 pm »
Isn't that the case with a lot of Nike shirts these days? Bring back goalkeeper shirts that look like a leisure centre carpet!
Not quite. If Nike start putting massive swooshes on our kits then I'd agree though. Adidas used to emblazon our kits with massive Adidas stripes. Across the shoulders, down both sides and on the shorts too. All pretty tacky for me. Unnecessary overkill which lacked class.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25671 on: Today at 01:00:40 pm »

Pretty much 30 years and I never twigged on that's what it is until now  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #25672 on: Today at 01:06:16 pm »
Not quite. If Nike start putting massive swooshes on our kits then I'd agree though. Adidas used to emblazon our kits with massive Adidas stripes. Across the shoulders, down both sides and on the shorts too. All pretty tacky for me. Unnecessary overkill which lacked class.

Remember this kit, can imagine the vitriol should a similar kit be released now

Mind you could be worse, this is th kit adidas made from that era for Arsenal.

« Last Edit: Today at 01:10:40 pm by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Online stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25673 on: Today at 02:13:13 pm »
Remember this kit, can imagine the vitriol should a similar kit be released now

Mind you could be worse, this is th kit adidas made from that era for Arsenal.

I understand why it pisses people off, but these are great kits for me. Very much of a time, of course, but this was the fashion back then for sportswear & particularly Adidas. So is the cricket collar one.

The trackies and drill tops of that era were next level too. I had a pair of Torsion and all the Adidas Equipment stuff back then.