Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 957332 times)

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #880 on: January 18, 2020, 12:05:38 pm »
This is very much me. When I read about him, I'm obviously made up that he's leading our club successfully, but what comes across every time is what a thoroughly decent, caring human being he is. His interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence are off the scale, apart from when he is asked stupid questions by journos in press conferences.

The maddest thing is that we still get the likes of Dannys Mills and Murphy, keys and gray, Tyler, Neville, Carragher and Hamman telling him what he is doing wrong. Oh and one or two on here, although thankully the online advice corps is not as busy as it was  ;).
totally agree with this and hes set the tone for the whole squad - obviously first and foremost they are great footballers and if a bunch of shithouses were leading us to the league i'd still be cheering them on. but this group are just great people as well. Klopp, Salah, Mane, Chamberlain, Henderson, Gini, Milner, firmino, Allison, VVD … you could go on. all humble nice people which just adds to the feeling of pride

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #881 on: January 18, 2020, 05:53:15 pm »
Forget the plaudits, the fella needs a song.

He's saddled with a poor one - one that's hard to sing.

Given it's Jurgen Klopp he should be getting the most famous tune ever composed by a German. 'Ode to Joy'. Anything less magnificent just wouldn't do the fella justice. Here's the words, as composed by Schiller:

Let us all praise Jurgen Klopp
He’s the King of Liverpool
Praise him from the famous Kop
Crowned the King of Liverpool
First Bill Shankly
Then Bob Paisley
Then King Kenny
And the rest
Now Jurgen Klopp’s at Anfield
Liverpool are truly Blessed.

For the few cultural paupers among our learned and educated crowd, here's the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9dLGDCdg3g

And if anyone wants to say we shouldn't be having classical music to serenade our men, my answer is the old 'Tommy Lawrence' and the current 'Jordan Henderson' songs.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #882 on: January 18, 2020, 06:00:06 pm »
He's saddled with a poor one - one that's hard to sing.

Given it's Jurgen Klopp he should be getting the most famous tune ever composed by a German. 'Ode to Joy'. Anything less magnificent just wouldn't do the fella justice. Here's the words, as composed by Schiller:

Let us all praise Jurgen Klopp
He’s the King of Liverpool
Praise him from the famous Kop
Crowned the King of Liverpool
First Bill Shankly
Then Bob Paisley
Then King Kenny
And the rest
Now Jurgen Klopp’s at Anfield
Liverpool are truly Blessed.

For the few cultural paupers among our learned and educated crowd, here's the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9dLGDCdg3g

And if anyone wants to say we shouldn't be having classical music to serenade our men, my answer is the old 'Tommy Lawrence' and the current 'Jordan Henderson' songs.

You have to applaud the blue Mancs for their grasp of culture though, as they serenaded their team's efforts with a rousing rendition of 4'33" at the end of the Palace game.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #883 on: January 18, 2020, 07:23:38 pm »
Just popped in to say and in case the man himself is lurking.... "Jurgen, I fucking love you man, more than you will ever know. Right behind you all the way lad, Now go fucking get 'em".
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #884 on: January 18, 2020, 09:39:41 pm »
You have to applaud the blue Mancs for their grasp of culture though, as they serenaded their team's efforts with a rousing rendition of 4'33" at the end of the Palace game.
Hahahahaha, nice!
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline #RedDawn2020

• Main Stander
« Reply #885 on: January 19, 2020, 09:42:16 pm »
“When I sit here in four years, I think we won one title.” - Jürgen Klopp, October 2015
“Intensity is our identity.”

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #886 on: January 19, 2020, 10:20:30 pm »
“When I sit here in four years, I think we won one title.” - Jürgen Klopp, October 2015

and he was correct.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #887 on: January 19, 2020, 10:22:05 pm »

and he was correct.
Good thing he didn't say 5 years, he'd have been wrong...  ;)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #888 on: January 21, 2020, 10:13:23 am »
https://youtu.be/egmPS8tXgXw

If you ever wanted a reminder of how far we’ve come in a short amount of time.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #889 on: January 21, 2020, 10:26:06 am »
https://youtu.be/egmPS8tXgXw

If you ever wanted a reminder of how far we’ve come in a short amount of time.

Now this is not the start. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the beginning of the start.

To paraphrase old Churchy (despise the fucker btw but give him his due, he made a few good quotes during his time massacring his own troops and turning the Germans into blitzing the common people in their own homes - it was him who started the blitzing).

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #890 on: January 21, 2020, 06:43:19 pm »
Just saw this post on RedCafe regarding Klopp...

But my head over heart answer is that they'll keep winning until Klopp runs out of hugs, and there's no sign of that right now. On Sunday he hugged that many players and staff that many times I thought he was going to start hugging the crowd next. He's not only got them playing amazing football, with absolute confidence, but he's making sure they all enjoy it too. Compare that to Pep's sour faced demeanor. Its annoying how impossible it is to dislike Klopp

When there are fans of your traditional rival praising your coach you know it's going very well!
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #891 on: January 21, 2020, 10:51:14 pm »
Just saw this post on RedCafe regarding Klopp...

When there are fans of your traditional rival praising your coach you know it's going very well!
He hugged Linda too ... and then John 😀
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline MNAA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #892 on: January 21, 2020, 10:55:07 pm »

And people scoffed at that remark as him making a promise that he may not be able delivered. Some even felt that they have to excuse his English because what he meant actually is just any cups and not necessarily league title. And yet here we are, on the verge of winning the league in 4 years. Messiah
coitus will occur

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #893 on: January 21, 2020, 11:02:11 pm »
And people scoffed at that remark as him making a promise that he may not be able delivered. Some even felt that they have to excuse his English because what he meant actually is just any cups and not necessarily league title. And yet here we are, on the verge of winning the league in 4 years. Messiah

It wasn't excusing his English, he really did mean cups.

And being as we won the biggest of them all in June of last year, he was absolutely spot on  8)

Offline MNAA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #894 on: January 22, 2020, 04:46:48 am »
It wasn't excusing his English, he really did mean cups.

And being as we won the biggest of them all in June of last year, he was absolutely spot on  8)
I know what he meant. I said what I said with a touch of sarcasm la  8)
coitus will occur

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #895 on: January 22, 2020, 08:46:18 pm »
Highest EVER win ratio for a Liverpool manager with an incredible 61.48%, even overtaking Kenny Dalglish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Liverpool_F.C._managers
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #896 on: January 22, 2020, 08:55:47 pm »
He's good isn't he?

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #897 on: January 23, 2020, 01:53:42 pm »
He's good isn't he?

But what has Klopp ever done for us?

Well, he signed Sadio Mané and Georginio Wijnaldum.

Yeh, he signed Sadio Mané and Georginio Wijnaldum, but what has Klopp ever done for us?

Well, he also signed Mohamed Salah and Andy Robertson.

Yeh, he also signed Mohamed Salah and Andy Robertson, but what has Klopp ever done for us?

And he signed the Oxlade-Chamberlain, Big Virg and Alisson Becker.

Okay, he also signed Oxlade-Chamberlain, Big Virg and Alisson Becker, but what has Klopp ever done for us?

Well, he did win us the Champions League.

Okay, he did win the Champions League, but what has Klopp ever done for us?

Annnnd he did win us the UEFA Super Cup and the FIFA Club World too.

All right, but apart from signing Sadio Mané, Georginio Wijnaldum, Mohamed Salah, Andy Robertson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Big Virg, Alisson Becker, winning us the Champions League, the UEFA Super Cup and the FIFA Club World too...

what has Klopp ever done for us?

We're top of the Premier League too!

Shut up!

My little tribute to Terry Jones R.I.P.
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #898 on: January 23, 2020, 03:27:23 pm »
He's good isn't he?

Ah he's done alright I suppose

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #899 on: January 25, 2020, 02:22:33 am »
Then I saw his face,
Now I'm a believer,
Not a trace,
Of doubt in my mind,
Jurgen Klopp Oooooo,
I'm a believer,
When he is the leader,
Of our side.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #900 on: January 27, 2020, 12:42:43 am »
I love the guy to death but he should be at the FA Cup replay,he is the manager so he should manage the side we put out.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #901 on: January 27, 2020, 12:57:13 am »
I love the guy to death but he should be at the FA Cup replay,he is the manager so he should manage the side we put out.

I think he's going on holiday like the players. If that's what he wants to do then we should support him.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #902 on: January 27, 2020, 12:59:40 am »
I think he's going on holiday like the players. If that's what he wants to do then we should support him.

He should do his job mate,I expected more from him to be honest,would give the young lads some priceless 1 on 1 time with the main men.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #903 on: January 27, 2020, 01:00:03 am »
He needs a mental break too. He'd be okay in March when we win the league, but we'd need him fresh for the finals of the FA Cup and the CL.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #904 on: January 27, 2020, 01:06:36 am »

It's been discussed in the post match thread, no need to bring it up here. It's a rare break for the players and ultimately he feels it's beneficial and taking it. He can delegate the replay to Pep, Neil or whoever and give the younger lads some game time.

Let the media spout shit about fielding a strong side. Fact is, if we'd fielded a strong side, they wouldn't fucking have a replay to begin with. You can't have it both ways. They're just pissed they can't market it and sell it Klopp has effectively stuck two fingers up and took the away any opportunity they had of doing that and he warned them. If you want to cram in more games you will compromise the quality of product. It's not ideal, I'm glad our youngsters will get more game time and experience but I doubt many neutrals will have much of an interest in it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 01:12:31 am by Marty 85 »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #905 on: January 27, 2020, 01:16:53 am »
It's been discussed in the post match thread, no need to bring it up here. It's a rare break for the players and ultimately he feels it's beneficial and taking it. He can delegate the replay to Pep, Neil or whoever and give the younger lads some game time.

Let the media spout shit about fielding a strong side. Fact is, if we'd fielded a strong side, they wouldn't fucking have a replay to begin with. You can't have it both ways. They're just pissed they can't market it and sell it Klopp has effectively stuck two fingers up and took the away any opportunity they had of doing that and he warned them. If you want to cram in more games you will compromise the quality of product. It's not ideal, I'm glad our youngsters will get more game time and experience but I doubt many neutrals will have much of an interest in it.

Didn't read all the post match thread and this is the Jürgen Klopp thread.

Not arsed about a debate as there's nowt really to debate,some will think it's ok and others won't.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 01:20:36 am by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #906 on: January 27, 2020, 05:06:14 am »
Support Klopp no matter what. Let him enjoy his break too.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline muszka

• Anny Roader
« Reply #907 on: January 27, 2020, 06:04:46 am »
If anyone wants to question Klopp and his methods he should just take a look at a league table. Clearly what he's been doing is right and if he thinks the he and the team need that 1 week break than we should respect his decision.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #908 on: January 27, 2020, 06:21:04 am »
He should do his job mate,I expected more from him to be honest,would give the young lads some priceless 1 on 1 time with the main men.

His job which gave us a 16 point lead with a game in hand, which got us to 3 European finals and brought back a CL trophy.

Fuck that, and fuck the FA. This shit should always go to penalties so he's right.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #909 on: January 27, 2020, 06:41:43 am »
I'm also of the opinion that Klopp should take the break if he feels he needs it. A lot of people thought that he was going to be leaving us in 2022 - he doesn't tend to stay at clubs long, and he made the point about how exhausting the job is, the intensity of it. If Jurgen feeling he has to ring-fence the winter break for both him and the players, and that means we get longer with him as a manager then I am totally behind it.

The kids will be playing Shrewsbury. We need to make Anfield rocking that night to give them our support and do our job as the 12th man. Let's keep this cup run alive.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #910 on: January 27, 2020, 06:55:18 am »
Good on Jurgen! If he wants a break let him have one, if anyone deserves one then it’s deffo him. End off

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #911 on: January 27, 2020, 07:05:57 am »
I'm also of the opinion that Klopp should take the break if he feels he needs it. A lot of people thought that he was going to be leaving us in 2022 - he doesn't tend to stay at clubs long, and he made the point about how exhausting the job is, the intensity of it. If Jurgen feeling he has to ring-fence the winter break for both him and the players, and that means we get longer with him as a manager then I am totally behind it.

The kids will be playing Shrewsbury. We need to make Anfield rocking that night to give them our support and do our job as the 12th man. Let's keep this cup run alive.
He was at Mainz for 7 years, Dortmund for 7 years and has been here 4 and a half years. He's the 3rd longest serving manager in the league (behind Dyche and Howe). The days of Ferguson and Wenger are over, Klopp stays at clubs for what is a long time in the modern game.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #912 on: January 27, 2020, 07:20:51 am »

This is what i want too. He can have all of his winter break as long as he stays with us as long as Alex Ferg stayed in MU.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #913 on: January 27, 2020, 07:24:17 am »

OMG, he does what he feels is right for the players and himself. That run in is going to be one of the most intense parts of the season, maybe he feels he needs the time to prepare the players for everything that they will face. As the under 23's are going to play it makes no sense that anyone other than Neil Critchley is the man who does that. There could be a number of reasons for him wanting the time off, including him himself needing some off time. You need to think about the expectation that has been on his shoulders over the past few years. Too many people think this is already done, when in reality the toughest part is on its way. I'm quite stunned by how many people are questioning him to be honest. Anything he does from now on is for the best of Liverpool FC, now is not the time for people to be questioning him, as he has earned our trust to make this call.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #914 on: January 27, 2020, 07:25:43 am »
He needs a mental break too. He'd be okay in March when we win the league, but we'd need him fresh for the finals of the FA Cup and the CL.

to be honest he'll effectively have a week off in March for the international break as with the previous ones. Yeah it'll do him good but it'll also go down very badly in this country.

We need to back him though ultimately. He's doing right by his players.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 07:27:20 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #915 on: January 27, 2020, 07:29:39 am »
to be honest he'll effectively have a week off in March for the international break as with the previous ones. Yeah it'll do him good but it'll also go down very badly in this country.

We need to back him though ultimately. He's doing right by his players.

Who gives a damn what the country think? I couldn't care less what they or the journalists think, the man has earned the right to make this call.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #916 on: January 27, 2020, 07:31:53 am »
Who gives a damn what the country think? I couldn't care less what they or the journalists think, the man has earned the right to make this call.

It makes it harder for him to do his job if the knives are out. Look at Rafa. Ever since he put a weak side out at Burnley in the Fa Cup he was derided as Johnny foreigner who doesn't understand English football. He was at least in the dugout that night.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #917 on: January 27, 2020, 07:34:23 am »
It's a bit disappointing to see Liverpool fans question Jurgen's decision. I think he has proved himself time and again with us that he knows what is best for the team. I have zero doubt that his decision has been taken keeping in mind the expectations of the club and he has our best interests in mind, always.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #918 on: January 27, 2020, 07:46:37 am »
It makes it harder for him to do his job if the knives are out. Look at Rafa. Ever since he put a weak side out at Burnley in the Fa Cup he was derided as Johnny foreigner who doesn't understand English football. He was at least in the dugout that night.

Word of advice, stop reading the newspapers, twitter, and stop listening to journalists sprouting their shite. None of it matters and if you seriously think that Klopp will give a damn, then I fear you will be mistaken. He is a man in his own image he will do what he feels is right, regardless of what the rags, the BBC, Talksport or any other overrated media institution. We should be backing the manager who has put us in this position, not questioning him.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #919 on: January 27, 2020, 07:53:22 am »
Word of advice, stop reading the newspapers, twitter, and stop listening to journalists sprouting their shite. None of it matters and if you seriously think that Klopp will give a damn, then I fear you will be mistaken. He is a man in his own image he will do what he feels is right, regardless of what the rags, the BBC, Talksport or any other overrated media institution. We should be backing the manager who has put us in this position, not questioning him.

We will back him, as we backed Rafa, but all the noise from a hostile media does the make the job tougher. Ask Jeremy Corbyn. Klopp has largely had the media eating out of his hand thus far