Author Topic: Spanish Football  (Read 581197 times)

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
Re: Spanish Football
« Reply #4160 on: June 13, 2018, 06:36:53 pm »
You should see what's said about us English in the 6 Nations thread! ;D

Not so much the English per se, more a particular version, Gerry😉 (“Swing low” sung by merchant bankers, hedge fund managers and other assorted City types at HQ).
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4161 on: June 13, 2018, 06:41:42 pm »
I think some folks in those threads enjoy England losing more than they enjoy their own team winning. We're despised ;D
Funny what centuries of oppression does, eh?

Only messing mate, I have no problem with the English myself, although I can't deny cracking a little smile whenever one of your sporting teams fucks up. It's more to do with when I used to live in England and all the hype in the run-up to a tournament was a bit tedious then any dislike for the country itself.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #4162 on: June 13, 2018, 06:46:28 pm »
;D

We are too a real nation! Got a prince and everything, see? How can you not be a real nation and have a prince, eh? Do a mean cheese on toast and all.

The fuck does England do? Get to the group stages and capitulate that's what, then go home for a nice cup of tea and some jellied eels. Jellied fucking eels, man. Wales is definitely the best thing about the UK, it's been proven scientifically and everything, although Scotland runs us close.

So there.
I seemed to have tickled your notnationalistic pride mate. All I will say is that your definitely better than the English.

I think that goes for England in any sport! Hell, there's even English people who want them to lose in football  ;D
They are not English, they are scouse.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 06:50:01 pm by Lastrador »

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #4163 on: June 13, 2018, 07:16:16 pm »
He's just a stop gap until a better manager is free.

No top manager will go there after Zidane has won 3 CL in a row and that team is probably at the end of it's cycle,the core of that team has an average age of 32.

How many of these sacrificial lamb managers have Real had in the last 20 years,some of them barely get to a 2nd season.

Mid to late 90's they had a few and mid 00's

What's the story behind Del Bosque only managing 3 days? :o Presumably he was a caretaker and not a permanent appointment?
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4164 on: June 13, 2018, 07:19:29 pm »
What's the story behind Del Bosque only managing 3 days? :o Presumably he was a caretaker and not a permanent appointment?

It was for one game, so probably caretaker.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4165 on: June 13, 2018, 07:21:16 pm »
Yeah Wikipedia says it was 2 games while they were sorting a permanent manager. He was Youth team coach at the time.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4166 on: June 13, 2018, 09:24:36 pm »
I think the Spanish FA did what they had to if it's true they weren't told until five minutes before the announcement. It's absolutely ridiculous of Lopetegui to be pissing about like that before a World Cup. Clearly doesn't have much about him because if he did he'd have told Real Madrid to wait and appoint him when he's a world cup winner.

Hierro is a leader figure that everyone respects so he should be OK.

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
« Reply #4167 on: June 13, 2018, 09:38:54 pm »
I think the Spanish FA did what they had to if it's true they weren't told until five minutes before the announcement. It's absolutely ridiculous of Lopetegui to be pissing about like that before a World Cup. Clearly doesn't have much about him because if he did he'd have told Real Madrid to wait and appoint him when he's a world cup winner.

It seems that Lopetegui and Real Madrid are a perfect match. What a way for the national manager to behave, makes the shenanigans involving Sven and Fat Sam seem quite mild.

No scruples, no decency just a self obsessive club that gives not a shit for anyone else, manipulates the media and gets preferential treatment from the authorities. I've never really had much of an interest in Spanish football but I'd just love Real Madrid to crash and burn.

"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4168 on: June 13, 2018, 09:49:32 pm »
It seems that Lopetegui and Real Madrid are a perfect match. What a way for the national manager to behave, makes the shenanigans involving Sven and Fat Sam seem quite mild.

No scruples, no decency just a self obsessive club that gives not a shit for anyone else, manipulates the media and gets preferential treatment from the authorities. I've never really had much of an interest in Spanish football but I'd just love Real Madrid to crash and burn.

At the risk of sounding like a bitter after the Champions League, I agree  ;D

to be fair, I didn't like them before that game!  ;)

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4169 on: June 13, 2018, 10:08:31 pm »
real madrid are filth.

the way the went about the champions league final and now this. A vile team. One of the most despicable in history.

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4170 on: June 13, 2018, 10:23:45 pm »

It's not true. The FA had allowed the negotiations since one week before that and they admitted so in their official announcement. It's the final official communication they knew nothing about, but it had to be made because the information had been leaked anyway so it didn't make any sense to hide it, precisely not to harm the national team any more.

Lopetegui being sacked two days before the World Cup is disproportionate and plain wrong. Rubiales is way off the mark with that decision.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #4171 on: June 13, 2018, 10:45:44 pm »
It's not true. The FA had allowed the negotiations since one week before that and they admitted so in their official announcement. It's the final official communication they knew nothing about, but it had to be made because the information had been leaked anyway so it didn't make any sense to hide it, precisely not to harm the national team any more.

Lopetegui being sacked two days before the World Cup is disproportionate and plain wrong. Rubiales is way off the mark with that decision.

Who are you? Taken over from Graham Hunter as Real Madrid apologist?

The Spanish FA may have known about discussions but they were not told of any decision about their team manager deciding to join Real. It's not how a club should treat its parent FA and Lopetugui should have shown respect to his employer.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/13/julen-lopetegui-sacked-spain-manager-real-madrid-job

We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4173 on: June 14, 2018, 07:52:40 am »
Ramos arguing for Lopetugui to stay. Arrogant little shit. You can see the problem right there -- Loptugui having to deal with player power when he would, sub-consciously at the very least, have a vested interest in placating one set of players led by a very entitled tw*t.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4174 on: June 14, 2018, 10:12:06 am »
Ramos arguing for Lopetugui to stay. Arrogant little shit. You can see the problem right there -- Loptugui having to deal with player power when he would, sub-consciously at the very least, have a vested interest in placating one set of players led by a very entitled tw*t.

He's about to be his club manager. Of course the snivelling shithouse is going to be rimming him in public

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #4175 on: June 14, 2018, 03:12:42 pm »
What is Griezmann up to?

He called a press conference to announce he had made his decision on his future but wasn't the right time to tell everyone. And not there's something about him releasing a video tonight which will declare what his decision is?

God, this guy comes across as an absolute prick.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4176 on: June 14, 2018, 03:34:02 pm »
What is Griezmann up to?

He called a press conference to announce he had made his decision on his future but wasn't the right time to tell everyone. And not there's something about him releasing a video tonight which will declare what his decision is?

good grief, that's a bit ridiculous!

His twattish goal celebration was enough to convince me that he's an utter prick  ;D  One of the most punchable faces in football, and goodness knows he has plenty of competition.

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4177 on: June 14, 2018, 03:38:49 pm »
What is Griezmann up to?

He’s a fucking tart, talented lad but nowhere near as good as he thinks he is (I’m sure I remember an interview where he claimed he was the third best player in the world behind only Messi and Ronaldo...).

Creates an absolute sideshow of himself every available opportunity, it’s more akin to a TV drama than sport. Literally airing a programme called “The Decision” at 9pm tonight with him say down in his home talking directly to the camera like some sort of documentary. He’s absolutely made for Barca, no doubt. Classless to the core.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 03:41:22 pm by Haggis36 »

Offline SyukriJ

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Out of darkness cometh light
« Reply #4178 on: June 14, 2018, 03:47:56 pm »
He’s a fucking tart, talented lad but nowhere near as good as he thinks he is (I’m sure I remember an interview where he claimed he was the third best player in the world behind only Messi and Ronaldo...).

Creates an absolute sideshow of himself every available opportunity, it’s more akin to a TV drama than sport. Literally airing a programme called “The Decision” at 9pm tonight with him say down in his home talking directly to the camera like some sort of documentary. He’s absolutely made for Barca, no doubt. Classless to the core.
He's a massive basketball fan, isn't he? So, i guess he's trying to imitate Le Bron's move to Miami Heat in 2010.

And you're right. What an absolute prick.
"One of the things I keep reminding players is that when you're lost in a fog you must stick together" - Bob Paisley

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #4179 on: June 14, 2018, 04:57:25 pm »

I know that but 2 days before the opening game, just madness.

@sidlowe

Julen Lopetegui presented as RM manager tonight, an hour before Spain's official pre-World Cup press conference.
Wow.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4180 on: June 14, 2018, 04:58:48 pm »
@sidlowe

Julen Lopetegui presented as RM manager tonight, an hour before Spain's official pre-World Cup press conference.
Wow.

Just need him to focus on getting de Gea once and for all.

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4181 on: June 14, 2018, 05:19:32 pm »
Who are you? Taken over from Graham Hunter as Real Madrid apologist?

The Spanish FA may have known about discussions but they were not told of any decision about their team manager deciding to join Real. It's not how a club should treat its parent FA and Lopetugui should have shown respect to his employer.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/13/julen-lopetegui-sacked-spain-manager-real-madrid-job

First of all, let's leave your disgraceful ad hominem aside in order not to contaminate the debate (in case you want a debate instead of a parrot having the same views as you do).

Now, let's have a look at that article you posted:

The president of the Spanish Football Federation, Luis Rubiales, insisted that he had little choice but to terminate Lopetegui’s contract as a matter of principle after the coach negotiated with Real Madrid behind the federation’s back.

If the FA knew about the negotiation, and they admitted so in their first official communication, do you think it's right for Rubiales to say otherwise afterwards? Note that some very important football personalities have already stated that people close to the Spanish FA did know about the negotiations taking place, contrary to what Rubiales said.

As for the announcement, the whole media were starting to spread the rumors everywhere, so what's the point in denying them? Unless you want the coach and the players to be paying attention to the topic the whole time answering questions from the media, the best option was to make it official as soon as they could.

There is a huge difference between negotiating behind the federation's back and quickly announcing the signing because it's going to get known anyway and you want to disserve the NT as less as possible. Rubiales's response has been absolutely disproportionate, and if the Spanish NT happens to do worse than it's expected and on the top of that he's proven a lier he will have to resign as soon as it gets.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 05:34:20 pm by pinky »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4182 on: June 14, 2018, 06:31:04 pm »
He's a massive basketball fan, isn't he? So, i guess he's trying to imitate Le Bron's move to Miami Heat in 2010.

And you're right. What an absolute prick.

So he is leaving?

I thought it was to announce he was staying!? That’s even more embarrassing!

Online Haggis36

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4183 on: June 14, 2018, 06:46:13 pm »
So he is leaving?

I thought it was to announce he was staying!? That’s even more embarrassing!

I think he is staying but surely that's worse no?! Imagine being so utterly desperate for attention that instead of just coming out with a simple "I'm staying" any one of the million times you've been asked you dragged it out publicly in the media for months (despite reporedly making your mind up a while ago) and fed into the media frenzy any chance you got before releasing a heavily orchestrated video announcement that...you were staying after all.

Be like me cutting up to work on Monday, sending out an office wide email asking everyone to be in the break room at 10am before dramatically announcing that, after careful consideration about my future and career, I would indeed be turning up to work the following day.

He's an overrated c*nt either way.

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #4184 on: June 14, 2018, 06:47:55 pm »
Ultimately it's a results business, if Spain do ok, say a semi-final spot minimum, the federation president is going to be hailed as a strong, decisive leader. Crash out in the group and it's all his fault, putting ego over national interest etc etc...

On its own, it's a fair decision. You set certain lines, a guy crosses them, you have to follow through otherwise you lose authority and lessen the chances of you being able to do your job well. Clearly the Spanish federation believe Lopetegui was negotiating for a much longer time behind their backs, broke the trust, crossed the line out you go.

It hasn't even been 2 weeks since Zizou retired.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4185 on: June 14, 2018, 07:27:56 pm »
I think he is staying but surely that's worse no?! Imagine being so utterly desperate for attention that instead of just coming out with a simple "I'm staying" any one of the million times you've been asked you dragged it out publicly in the media for months (despite reporedly making your mind up a while ago) and fed into the media frenzy any chance you got before releasing a heavily orchestrated video announcement that...you were staying after all.

Be like me cutting up to work on Monday, sending out an office wide email asking everyone to be in the break room at 10am before dramatically announcing that, after careful consideration about my future and career, I would indeed be turning up to work the following day.

He's an overrated c*nt either way.

Yeah, possibly worse - especially when you think of those fans being made to wait.

Agree on him being overrated too.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4186 on: June 14, 2018, 07:38:38 pm »
His blackface costume was pretty shit too.

Great player but not that great.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4187 on: June 14, 2018, 07:51:14 pm »
Griezmann - attention seeking twat. He is not good enough to do stunts like this, even if Messi or Ronaldo did this you'd think there were taking the piss. Hope he does shite wherever he ends up.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4188 on: June 14, 2018, 08:51:10 pm »
So he’s staying....

That’s got potential knock on effects... who will Barca target instead?  Interesting...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4189 on: June 14, 2018, 10:20:39 pm »
Griezmann - attention seeking twat. He is not good enough to do stunts like this, even if Messi or Ronaldo did this you'd think there were taking the piss. Hope he does shite wherever he ends up.
Rumour is he recorded two endings. Pique thought to be furious as he part-owns the video company and was happily plugging the announcement.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4190 on: June 14, 2018, 10:22:11 pm »
Rumour is he recorded two endings. Pique thought to be furious as he part-owns the video company and was happily plugging the announcement.
:lmao second year in a row the French have fucked up barcas plans

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #4191 on: June 15, 2018, 12:29:53 am »

They should send Ramos home too.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #4192 on: June 15, 2018, 12:46:33 am »

He was probably inspired by LeBron's The Decision.

Online Haggis36

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4193 on: June 15, 2018, 01:24:01 am »

Pique originally tweeted saying he wished Griezmann luck for the upcoming season, but then later tweeted this:

"And remember one thing. There will be people who will criticize it, because everything new can generate rejection. But the most important reflection that leaves the # LaDecisión is that sometimes, everything you sell is not true. Goodnight."

Thats the Google translate so hard to know if he means "not everything you read is true" in so far as the media speculation, or if he's suggesting Griezmann is fake, which ties in with the duplicate endings.

Either way, it's a staggering and completely unearned amount of hubris, insincerity and self importance from Griezmann, and he's being (rightly) pretty roundly mocked for it from all sides. Everything that is wrong with the modern day footballer. Giving it the "My fans, my team, MY HOME" is a joke considering the way he's behaved this summer (Barcelona) and last (Man Utd). Wonder which team he'll be batting his eyelashes at next summer.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4194 on: June 15, 2018, 02:22:56 am »
If he fucked Barcelona's plans, then i could start liking him.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4195 on: June 15, 2018, 10:50:26 am »
He was probably inspired by LeBron's The Decision.
at least he learnt from the big mistake Lebron did with it, it’s fine to do if you are staying but definitely not if you are leaving

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4196 on: June 15, 2018, 11:20:33 am »
If he fucked Barcelona's plans, then i could start liking him.

Until they get linked to Salah :D

It will be interesting to see where Barcelona go next.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4197 on: June 15, 2018, 11:22:21 am »

the only one i cant see them going for for some reason is firmino. i would worry about them sniffing around Mane and Salah

hopefully they will look at Raheem Sterling given he hasnt signed a new deal yet

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4198 on: June 15, 2018, 05:03:11 pm »

They really need to buy some center midfielders.  That should be thier focus but their board is so incompetent that they will probably buy another unneeded forward player for ridiculous money. 

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4199 on: June 15, 2018, 05:04:58 pm »
Pique originally tweeted saying he wished Griezmann luck for the upcoming season, but then later tweeted this:

"And remember one thing. There will be people who will criticize it, because everything new can generate rejection. But the most important reflection that leaves the # LaDecisión is that sometimes, everything you sell is not true. Goodnight."

Thats the Google translate so hard to know if he means "not everything you read is true" in so far as the media speculation, or if he's suggesting Griezmann is fake, which ties in with the duplicate endings.

Some Barca twitter accounts that I follow were saying that it was a shot at the board and nothing to do with Griezmann.