Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 966737 times)

Offline "Bobber" Thanks :)

• But Hicks Is Still A Wanker
  • Kopite
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #2560 on: June 29, 2020, 04:47:17 pm »
While I appreciate the time Klopp has taken to write that letter, I can’t help feeling sad and embarrassed that he felt he had to spell it out like that, especially as he and other people have spoken about it many times already.

Every single person who was out on that peer that night should hang their heads in shame, not that they would have an ounce of self awareness to do that.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2561 on: June 29, 2020, 06:15:02 pm »
When Klopp is done here, he will go back to lead Germany ... the country, not the football team
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2562 on: June 29, 2020, 07:10:11 pm »
I always think this when I see Danny Ings now and is the only ex-player in the Prem that I'd have back here. Actually wish that he'd stayed in the first place. He's what he is now because of us and is the one player I reckon Klopp would have taken to yet another level.
From outside of England, I'd wouldn't hate seeing Iago Aspas back here, buzzing around as a backup to the front 3. He sure as heck can score bucketloads of goals, as shown since he left here for Spain. And he'd be a great presser of the ball under Klopp.

Right player, wrong manager.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2563 on: June 29, 2020, 11:12:51 pm »
“Then you play the Palace game and it really sums us up because it is like they wear the Liverpool shirt and go with all they have. Whenever, wherever, which time, whatever necessary, they go. And I love that. That is what brought us into the position we are in – it is all in this game. Eighty-sixth minute, losing the ball, chasing it down, winning it back and shooting on the Palace goal like you have never scored before. Such desire. That was the moment when I thought: ‘Yes, we will be champions.’ It was the perfect moment.”

8)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2564 on: June 29, 2020, 11:19:54 pm »
Quote from Pearce's piece

I haven’t seen any pictures from any celebrations, I don’t want them. What I want is to stay home, stay safe and do the right things, still. And there will be a moment that we can do that and when we can, it will explode

I read in a German newspaper there are 700 million Liverpool fans in the world. If that is true, there will be a day that all 700 million fans can celebrate at the same moment with friends. Until then, 700 million people can celebrate the same thing at home or in front of their house. Nowhere else.

I want to see all the videos from the living rooms all over the world, how they reacted at the moment Willian scored the penalty or the final whistle at Chelsea. That would be really nice.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2565 on: June 29, 2020, 11:29:38 pm »
When Klopp is done here, he will go back to lead Germany ... the country, not the football team

Maybe.  Shankly was proud of his kids being scousers, and Rafa still lives on Merseyside.  Of course, Jurgen is older and his children are grown so going home may be what is right for him.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2566 on: June 30, 2020, 02:27:39 am »
He said in an interview after the PL clinch that he would be at Liverpool for 9 years, so I guess he sees himself staying for the remainder of the contract. But I guess we can all hope he will sign another one... but let's enjoy him while we can!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2567 on: June 30, 2020, 11:58:41 am »

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #2568 on: June 30, 2020, 04:53:33 pm »
Yeah Ings would be pretty perfect back up to our front three now, but the problem was that he wouldn't have been able to get enough game time with us to get to the level he is now at. We did the right thing letting him go (on a personal level), and with his injury history I doubt any bigger clubs will go in for him.
Oh agree totally mate - He left for the right reasons (as is Lallana) - it was clear that he was desperate to play. Also think he would not have gone to another large club (there's no-one bigger than us!  ;)) for that very reason. Top lad. Glad its turning out well for him as well and would not be surprised to see him linked with others again soon. Unless they get relegated though, can see him staying there even then
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2569 on: July 1, 2020, 01:49:47 pm »
Klopp: "We will not 'defend' the title next year, we will attack for the next one."

:scarf
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #2570 on: July 1, 2020, 02:05:59 pm »
Klopp: "We will not 'defend' the title next year, we will attack for the next one."

Hyped

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2571 on: July 1, 2020, 02:20:06 pm »
It’s a cracking press-conference, well worth watching, starts around 10 mins in.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4k7gxKwR8g&amp;feature=emb_logo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4k7gxKwR8g&amp;feature=emb_logo</a>

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2572 on: July 1, 2020, 02:44:17 pm »

fuck yeah

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2573 on: July 1, 2020, 05:34:56 pm »
For any doubt about Kloppo’s thoughts about statues, here’s a quote from a good friend of his and journalist Martin Quast:

“He doesn’t want to be at the centre of it all, and he would never agree to have a statue of himself put up. When someone suggested that idea at Mainz, Kloppo said statues were only good for collecting bird droppings at the top and for dogs peeing on them at the bottom.”

;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2574 on: July 1, 2020, 05:41:21 pm »
For any doubt about Kloppo’s thoughts about statues, here’s a quote from a good friend of his and journalist Martin Quast:

“He doesn’t want to be at the centre of it all, and he would never agree to have a statue of himself put up. When someone suggested that idea at Mainz, Kloppo said statues were only good for collecting bird droppings at the top and for dogs peeing on them at the bottom.”

;D

I'm sure his language was more colourful  ;)

Popcorn's Art

Online royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2575 on: July 1, 2020, 07:42:08 pm »
https://youtu.be/p4k7gxKwR8g

Not sure I’ve ever felt more enthused by a press conference he’s given.

He basically namechecks an All Blacks motto as his own standard, then repeatedly says the team are just getting going, they’re in the middle of something not at the end, and last but not least that when he meets with them in 20 years time they don’t want what they’ve won so far to be all they have to talk about. Trent says that, Milner says that... they’re all having an All Black style “we dominate” mentality drilled into them every single day, week, month...

The success will outlast Klopp at the club.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2576 on: July 1, 2020, 08:45:52 pm »
The best

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2577 on: July 1, 2020, 08:47:01 pm »
The best

Better than all the rest?

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2578 on: July 1, 2020, 09:17:12 pm »

He basically namechecks an All Blacks motto as his own standard, then repeatedly says the team are just getting going, they’re in the middle of something not at the end, and last but not least that when he meets with them in 20 years time they don’t want what they’ve won so far to be all they have to talk about. Trent says that, Milner says that... they’re all having an All Black style “we dominate” mentality drilled into them every single day, week, month...

The success will outlast Klopp at the club.

Chills.

Well, anyone I ever met.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2579 on: July 1, 2020, 09:29:26 pm »

It’s just beautiful.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2580 on: July 1, 2020, 09:47:35 pm »
Better than anyone.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline smithng

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "On a stroppy little island of mixed up people"
« Reply #2581 on: July 1, 2020, 10:02:56 pm »

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2582 on: July 1, 2020, 10:20:10 pm »
They’re multiplying

Don’t lose control...

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2583 on: July 1, 2020, 10:35:46 pm »
Don’t lose control...

It's electrifying though...

Popcorn's Art

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #2584 on: July 1, 2020, 10:40:40 pm »
And to think, if Gerrard hadn't slipped against Chelsea, we probably wouldn't have got Klopp as manager.

No slip = no Chelsea goal. We probably draw against them. Then we don't have to go hell for leather against Palace, to try and turn round the goal difference. We win the league that season. Suarez probably still leaves and Rodgers would have got canned eventually, but not for at least a couple of years. In the meantime, Klopp would have ended up taking a job somewhere else.

For the want of a nail etc...

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2585 on: July 1, 2020, 10:59:21 pm »

"Pep? You mean my assistant manager??"

:lmao

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2586 on: July 1, 2020, 11:43:50 pm »

seriously. that was funny - I couldn't tell if he was being serious

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2587 on: July 1, 2020, 11:44:55 pm »

Huge wind-up artist, our manager.

You can bet all your money on him having a little jab...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2588 on: July 1, 2020, 11:46:08 pm »
Pep probably spat his coffee out, swore, then laughed.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jlb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2589 on: July 2, 2020, 08:54:04 am »
And to think, if Gerrard hadn't slipped against Chelsea, we probably wouldn't have got Klopp as manager.

No slip = no Chelsea goal. We probably draw against them. Then we don't have to go hell for leather against Palace, to try and turn round the goal difference. We win the league that season. Suarez probably still leaves and Rodgers would have got canned eventually, but not for at least a couple of years. In the meantime, Klopp would have ended up taking a job somewhere else.

I wonder if, in future, Gerrard's slip will be seen as a sliding doors moment, as in this post. It depends on whether FSG, who had already tried to recruit Klopp before getting Rodgers, were always planning to bring in Jürgen as soon as he became available.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #2590 on: July 2, 2020, 08:58:16 am »
I always felt that the Gerrard slip seemed somehow, you know, contrived.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2591 on: July 2, 2020, 09:02:59 am »

Tell you what though, what a stupid fucking question that was from the journo!

You’ve got one question with the manager who has just won the PL title for Liverpool after 30 years and you ask if his relationship with Guardiola has changed (like how the fuck would he know that after less than a week anyway!?).

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2592 on: July 2, 2020, 09:03:49 am »

That is possible...interesting how things turn out

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #2593 on: July 2, 2020, 09:35:11 am »
I always felt that the Gerrard slip seemed somehow, you know, contrived.
I blame the guy on the grassy knoll

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2594 on: July 2, 2020, 09:38:04 am »

those questions were stupid and got the deserved response

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2595 on: July 4, 2020, 02:01:27 pm »
Had a feeling he'd say this and would push for additional medals. Klopp's likely a big believer in every first-team player having an impact on the success of others, regardless of whether they actually play or not (i.e Lonergan and Kelleher)

paul joyce@_pauljoyce
Jurgen Klopp believes every Liverpool player deserves a title medal and is unhappy with PL rule that you have to play 5-games to be eligible. Klopp: “They deserve a medal and will get a medal. If not from the Premier League, then from me.”

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2596 on: July 4, 2020, 02:05:43 pm »
Had a feeling he'd say this and would push for additional medals. Klopp's likely a big believer in every first-team player having an impact on the success of others, regardless of whether they actually play or not (i.e Lonergan and Kelleher)

paul joyce@_pauljoyce
Jurgen Klopp believes every Liverpool player deserves a title medal and is unhappy with PL rule that you have to play 5-games to be eligible. Klopp: “They deserve a medal and will get a medal. If not from the Premier League, then from me.”

I totally agree with him. I hope he gets them all sorted with something.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2597 on: July 4, 2020, 02:08:37 pm »
Yeah, I totally agree with him too.

I find it absurd that the entire squad don’t get a medal.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2598 on: July 4, 2020, 02:26:07 pm »
It makes no sense that they limit the amount of medals.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2599 on: July 4, 2020, 02:32:28 pm »
I think you get 23 medals for the playing squad. And 15-17 more to the staff - Manager, Assman etc.

But you may order more if you want. And you pay for the extra. I remember something on these lines was discussed during the Leicester title season.