Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2008444 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #15080 on: December 9, 2022, 08:02:58 pm »
Sounds like he will get a new deal ….
X News #Firmino: Talks about a new contract have started and running positive. He can really imagine to extend beyond 2023. At least until 2025. Klopps future will have an impact on Firminos decision. Still a top relation between them.

https://twitter.com/plettigoal/status/1601300438078599168?s=61&t=MtKwlvyVVfl_aM84UfqzJw
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15081 on: December 9, 2022, 11:39:35 pm »
Excellent.

Armchair Managers, nil point again, lol ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15082 on: December 10, 2022, 02:20:39 am »
Been our best player this year along with Ali. Definitely can contribute for another season or two. The fact he seems fairly content to come in and out of the 11 is a bonus too. Well deserving to be a member of the best 11 this year though.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15083 on: December 10, 2022, 08:19:08 am »
The lack of respect to Bobby is unacceptable.
His game has adapted and as a result he has prospered.
A heavily incentivised contract to keep a fine player and a huge character in the team makes lots of sense.

Has the team prospered?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #15084 on: December 10, 2022, 08:26:57 am »
Has the team prospered?

Just to be clear, are you suggesting Bobby has been a problem for us this season…? We’d be about 16th if we’d jettisoned him in the summer like a few wanted.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #15085 on: December 10, 2022, 08:28:09 am »
Klopp is a huge fan of Firmino, so I would be shocked if he doesnt stay.

Personally I think it's the right way to go. I don't think we will get a better player to play a part-time role in attack, so save the funds for midfield.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #15086 on: December 10, 2022, 08:29:29 am »
Has the team prospered?
With that logic we should dump Becker and Van Dijk too, because our defense has been worse than our attack.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15087 on: December 10, 2022, 09:02:23 am »
With that logic we should dump Becker and Van Dijk too, because our defense has been worse than our attack.

Alisson doesnt prevent shot and chance creation. Our defending has been atrocious on the counter and a big part of that is because of our pressing, or lack of. Bobby doesnt do that effectively anymore.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15088 on: December 10, 2022, 09:22:24 am »
Just to be clear, are you suggesting Bobby has been a problem for us this season…? We’d be about 16th if we’d jettisoned him in the summer like a few wanted.

You’ve rightly pointed out that our failure to cover the ground, press effectively and make as many sprints as in previous years is on the whole team, not just the midfield. Judging from the eye test that certainly includes Bobby. Although he’s proven me entirely wrong in terms of goal scoring.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #15089 on: December 10, 2022, 11:43:15 am »
People who will moan if he does sign a new contract would also moan if we let him leave on a free
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15090 on: December 10, 2022, 11:44:22 am »
People who will moan if he does sign a new contract would also moan if we let him leave on a free

Not really because one leads to another.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15091 on: December 10, 2022, 11:45:37 am »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15092 on: December 10, 2022, 11:46:43 am »

At least it'd keep the ones who constantly moan about supposed moaning happy!

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15093 on: December 10, 2022, 11:47:59 am »
In other news it's supposedly December

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #15094 on: December 10, 2022, 11:53:35 am »
Has the team prospered?

Bobby is not the reason for our defensive struggles.
However, if you find examples where Bobby has been at fault for goals conceded then I will accept that you are the purveyor of great wisdom regarding Bobby.
Until they I will ignore your opinion.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15095 on: December 10, 2022, 12:26:01 pm »
The decision by the dickhead Brazil coach to leave him at home really came back to bite him in the ass

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15096 on: December 10, 2022, 04:09:10 pm »
The decision by the dickhead Brazil coach to leave him at home really came back to bite him in the ass

it really did. A lot of their TikTok dance crew seemed to be the same type of forward. No unique type such as Bobby. To take someone like that Antony ahead of him was really daft.

Their loss for sure, that game yesterday could have done with a Bobby substitute appearance at least. Also seeemed a mistake to not bring Fab on late with penalties in mind.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15097 on: December 10, 2022, 04:14:56 pm »
it really did. A lot of their TikTok dance crew seemed to be the same type of forward. No unique type such as Bobby. To take someone like that Antony ahead of him was really daft.

I'm glad, I don't know how I'd feel about him looking like a buffoon joining in with their pre-arranged dancing.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15098 on: December 10, 2022, 04:18:46 pm »
I'm glad, I don't know how I'd feel about him looking like a buffoon joining in with their pre-arranged dancing.

He wouldn't. Bobby only dances freelance. with and without pants, slants, and the occasional rants...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15099 on: December 10, 2022, 04:20:45 pm »

;D

Bobby would have just being doing his karate kicks and some weird interpretive dance and ruining the whole routine.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15100 on: December 10, 2022, 05:29:30 pm »
Hopefully he stays. People just want a dozen new players. Ridiculous really.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15101 on: December 10, 2022, 05:50:27 pm »
Great news if true.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #15102 on: December 10, 2022, 06:00:14 pm »
Bobby is top scorer in the League with 7 goals. Plus 3 assists. 13 matches.

Mo, 6 goals, 4 assists in 14 matches.

Darwin, 5 goals, 2 assists in 10 matches.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15103 on: December 10, 2022, 06:10:32 pm »

well that's nice, but how many were non-pace goals?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #15104 on: December 10, 2022, 06:11:05 pm »
well that's nice, but how many were non-pace goals?

All of Bobby's.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15105 on: December 10, 2022, 06:13:27 pm »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15106 on: December 10, 2022, 06:24:06 pm »

That's great but what about the press & if he does press what about the goals?!

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15107 on: December 10, 2022, 06:31:19 pm »
I'm sure Jurgen would give Bobby a bollocking if Bobby was not pressing properly or enough.

When it was Sadio-Bobby-Mo, they all knew their roles from playing together for seasons and understood when to press together for effectiveness.

This season, Bobby has dropped deeper into the false 9 or even midfield role as Darwin and Mo play up top. It's a tad harder to press from the front when you're back in midfield. Of course Bobby does press when up top, as he looks around for help and to make sure the others know, time to press. There are times he's on his own when pressing. However, won't phase some from being critical.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #15108 on: December 10, 2022, 06:37:01 pm »

Ronaldo scored 18 League goals at United last season. He was shown the door because of his inability to press. Something that both Klopp and Ten Haag require from their central attacker.

Bobby could get a similar number to Ronaldo last season but it still compromises the way Jurgen wants to play the game.

That is the crucial thing. Bobby has been part of a central quartet of three centre mids and a false nine that have regularly been over run.

We have had to completely change the way we have played the game as well as change the formation. We desperately need to renew and refresh that area of the pitch.

Sentementality has to be replaced by a ruthless single mindedness. That allows us to get back to being a front footed athletic pressing side.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15109 on: December 10, 2022, 06:39:25 pm »
Ronaldo scored 18 League goals at United last season. He was shown the door because of his inability to press. Something that both Klopp and Ten Haag require from their central attacker.

Bobby could get a similar number to Ronaldo last season but it still compromises the way Jurgen wants to play the game.

That is the crucial thing. Bobby has been part of a central quartet of three centre mids and a false nine that have regularly been over run.

We have had to completely change the way we have played the game as well as change the formation. We desperately need to renew and refresh that area of the pitch.

Sentementality has to be replaced by a ruthless single mindedness. That allows us to get back to being a front footed athletic pressing side.
Yet Klopp wants to keep Bobby apparently ;D Unlike the other comparison you gave.

What a load of shite.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15110 on: December 10, 2022, 06:49:35 pm »

Bobby dances as well, all the talk about Brazilians dancing is ridiculous, Brazilian like many African nations dance after goals, so what no wonder Vinicius had to come out and say this..

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/09/18/football/vinicius-jr-racism-dancing-goal-celebration-spt-intl/index.html

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15111 on: December 10, 2022, 06:55:02 pm »
Maybe they should spent a bit more time practicing some footy moves rather than their tiktok moves, that’s all people are saying  ;D  Spontinaity is great, heck, even a contrived practiced move once in a while, but not 2 or 3 times after every sodding goal :lmao

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15112 on: December 10, 2022, 07:03:53 pm »
Bobby really is a magician, unable to press but last I saw he was in the top 99th percentile for tackles and interceptions for forwards

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #15113 on: December 10, 2022, 07:43:14 pm »
;D

Bobby would have just being doing his karate kicks and some weird interpretive dance and ruining the whole routine.
Maybe that's why the Brazil coach didn't take him. Idiot.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15114 on: December 10, 2022, 07:44:51 pm »

Al, you can't seriously be saying that Bobby stands around on the pitch like CR. They are wildly different in effort put forth on the pitch.

I mean really... :duh

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #15115 on: December 10, 2022, 07:57:13 pm »
Al, you can't seriously be saying that Bobby stands around on the pitch like CR. They are wildly different in effort put forth on the pitch.

I mean really... :duh

It isn't about standing around it is about having the speed and athleticism to press effectively. Bobby used to be able to hound defenders and force turnovers.

Lallana still played with industry towards the end of his time here. The issue is when the player who leads the press is a yard off then you get played around.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15116 on: December 10, 2022, 08:02:08 pm »
I think Bobby will get a new contract, which would be deserved but ultimately I agree with Al. Just let him finish this season playing the way he has and wish him good luck. :D

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15117 on: December 10, 2022, 08:07:06 pm »
It isn't about standing around it is about having the speed and athleticism to press effectively. Bobby used to be able to hound defenders and force turnovers.

Lallana still played with industry towards the end of his time here. The issue is when the player who leads the press is a yard off then you get played around.

It's funny that Jurgen talks about pressing as a team. You, and a couple others, make it seem the pressing is just up to Bobby.

I would love to sit at a table when you explain to Jurgen what Bobby can't do anymore.  ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15118 on: December 10, 2022, 08:33:15 pm »

He was shown the door because he is a c*nt.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #15119 on: December 10, 2022, 09:12:12 pm »
It's funny that Jurgen talks about pressing as a team. You, and a couple others, make it seem the pressing is just up to Bobby.

I would love to sit at a table when you explain to Jurgen what Bobby can't do anymore.  ;D

It is about who triggers the press and how confident the players who back him up are that he will get close enough to force an error. Once the players around the trigger lose confidence then you get passed around.

As for Jurgen he just spent a record fee on Darwin to play centrally as well as having Jota who press much better than Bobby now.
"Ohhh-kayyy"