Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 319024 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #360 on: February 10, 2015, 03:59:09 pm »
I wonder if the poll starter would even be able to see the progress? It would be quite fascinating to try out in any case.

I can create a "test" poll and see how it works.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #361 on: February 10, 2015, 03:59:26 pm »
One thing it would stop, it people going round looking for votes when they know they are behind.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: February 10, 2015, 03:59:55 pm »
I wonder if the poll starter would even be able to see the progress? It would be quite fascinating to try out in any case.
Yeah they can, they go to 'Edit Poll' anytime during the alloted time and they can see the voting numbers, even if they haven't voted

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: February 10, 2015, 04:01:04 pm »
One thing it would stop, it people going round looking for votes when they know they are behind.
Do people still do this??!! Disgusting

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #364 on: February 10, 2015, 04:06:04 pm »

Does this actually happen?  :-X

Using the classic poll system, you can usually get a feel of who's ahead from the comments, regardless of whether you can actually see the score or not. Not showing the score until the end solves that problem. As Elzar said, I suppose you'll never be able to stop people from voting for/against certain teams for their own benefit.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #365 on: February 10, 2015, 04:06:26 pm »
Yeah they can, they go to 'Edit Poll' anytime during the alloted time and they can see the voting numbers, even if they haven't voted

You really shouldn't have said that! Now we all know   :-\
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: February 10, 2015, 04:08:19 pm »
The first Survivor Series draft voting was a mad one. People were on twitter canvassing for votes :lmao

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #367 on: February 10, 2015, 04:08:51 pm »
I can create a "test" poll and see how it works.

Go for it. I can make a vote on it if you like and you can see whether you can work out who I voted for.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: February 10, 2015, 04:09:28 pm »
Go for it. I can make a vote on it if you like and you can see whether you can work out who I voted for.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=319849.0

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #369 on: February 10, 2015, 04:10:07 pm »
I guess we need a neutral/non-participant to run the draft whenever possible. Weird we need to go to these lengths to have a bit of fun  ;D

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: February 10, 2015, 04:11:23 pm »
I can see who I voted for but not the numbers

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #371 on: February 10, 2015, 04:13:02 pm »
I can see who I voted for but not the numbers

Same here. What about if you try to edit the poll as L'man suggested?

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #372 on: February 10, 2015, 04:14:39 pm »
Does this actually happen?  :-X

Using the classic poll system, you can usually get a feel of who's ahead from the comments, regardless of whether you can actually see the score or not. Not showing the score until the end solves that problem. As Elzar said, I suppose you'll never be able to stop people from voting for/against certain teams for their own benefit.

Well, it definitely happens in-thread. I don't think many can claim not to have done it in the past with a call of "just one vote behind" or "Pelanties". We all love an underdog.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: February 10, 2015, 04:15:21 pm »
Same here. What about if you try to edit the poll as L'man suggested?

Yeah then I can see the results :/

I guess it depends on how much people trust the poll setter.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #374 on: February 10, 2015, 04:20:48 pm »

Damn you, Rawk. I trust you completely, mate. I doubt anyone would call you into question.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: February 10, 2015, 04:26:10 pm »
Damn you, Rawk. I trust you completely, mate. I doubt anyone would call you into question.

Fair enough mate thanks.

I'm happy to give this voting a trial run in the next round of games. Up to the people though.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #376 on: February 10, 2015, 04:29:06 pm »
Fair enough mate thanks.

I'm happy to give this voting a trial run in the next round of games. Up to the people though.

I think we should stick to the in-thread voting for this draft just to be consistent. It's nice to see it through anyway. Sure, we'd all love to see a few more voters involved, but it's actually going pretty well so far. It's been refreshing to see some older players getting a bit more appreciation than usual too.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: February 10, 2015, 07:16:12 pm »
Haven't been involved much in this but I like this new method. I might feel differently if I'm adversely affected by it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #378 on: February 10, 2015, 07:26:25 pm »
Blind voting seems a good way to go..

Hearing that people go appealing for votes is a little bit sad, the final fiasco in the last draft was ridiculous too. 

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #379 on: February 10, 2015, 10:08:05 pm »
Blind voting seems a good way to go..

Hearing that people go appealing for votes is a little bit sad, the final fiasco in the last draft was ridiculous too. 

That was a draft that suffered as many people stopped paying attention to the thread due to the new draft already starting.

Let's keep it calm and give it time to finish this time eh?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: February 11, 2015, 02:30:38 am »
I would like to hear Betty's none football draft that he has planned. Is it a wrestling based one Bett's.  :D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: February 11, 2015, 07:48:44 pm »
All time Liverpool draft?

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #382 on: February 11, 2015, 08:08:58 pm »
I would like to hear Betty's none football draft that he has planned. Is it a wrestling based one Bett's.  :D

There were two.

One was a wrestling draft that we'd do with much fewer numbers to give a much stronger field and hopefully allow everyone to get a legend on board. But I could never work out a name for it  :D  I mean, Survivor Series is THE name. There was nothing else to it really. Although I was toying with the idea of there being no traditional tag teams allowed (because it's pretty much the case that if you get a legend & one of the great tag teams then you will win the draft). However, I reckon this could be too fuzzy and difficult to enforce.

The other one remains a secret until I've got the time to organise it  ;)  I can tell you it's not football or wrestling or cricket draft though.

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #383 on: February 11, 2015, 08:50:40 pm »
We had an All-Time draft, right? We can have a "B" draft where we can't select any players selected in that All-Time draft!
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: February 11, 2015, 08:59:11 pm »
We had an All-Time draft, right? We can have a "B" draft where we can't select any players selected in that All-Time draft!

Yeah but I wasn't involved in that and I want to play. Besides, Jordon Ibe wasn't eligible for that one.

Offline RossoBianchi

• Manc Forum Slut
  • Legacy Fan
  • Peace
« Reply #385 on: February 11, 2015, 10:28:02 pm »
Zodiac Draft :P

My boss is away next week so I can run the fucker no problems.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #386 on: February 15, 2015, 08:37:18 pm »
As we're coming to the end of the 5 of clubs draft (get those semi finals up!), I thought it would be a good idea to revisit Max Powers' Managers Draft idea. Betty and I have come up with a provisional list (plus a few more options) and wanted to know if anyone had any further suggestions:

This is what I've got so far. Some of these were made by me (particularly the Liverpool ones), others were scavenged from google image search. Which may mean not all are accurate. With the Paisley and Shankly's teams, I decided to do a 'best of' rather than focus on one team, so all these are open for debate as well. Maybe it would be good to ask a couple of older reds to make the Paisley/Shanks best of sides for us.

- Guardiola's Barcelona (2008-09)

- Wenger's Invicinbles (2003-04)

- Shankly's Liverpool (1959-74)

- Paisley's Liverpool (1974-83)

- Rafa's Liverpool (2008-09)

- Rodgers' Death by Sex (2013-14)

OR

- Rinus Michels' Ajax (1971-72)

- Arrigo Sacchi's Milan (1988-89)

- Vicente Del Bosque's Spain (2012)

- Ferguson's 4-4-2 (1998-99)

- Jock Stein - wildcard: any formation/style but each pick has to either come from the same country as the last pick or have been a teammate of his

- Giovanni Trapattoni Juventus (1984-85)

- Hellenio Herrera's Inter (1963-64)

- Ottmar Hitzfeld's Borussia Dortmund (1996-97)

- Marcello Lippi's Juventus (1996-98)

1998:

- Mario Zagallo's Brazil (1970)

- Alf Ramsey's England (1966)

------
Others -

- Jupp Heynckes' Bayern (2012-13)

- Louis van Gaal'a Ajax (1994-95)

- Carlo Ancelotti's AC Milan (2003-07)

www.zonalmarking.net/2010/01/22/teams-of-the-decade-14-milan-2002-07/

- Gustav Sebes' Hungary (1954)

- Miguel Munoz' Real Madrid (1955-60)

- Jose Mourinho's Chelsea (2004-06)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: February 15, 2015, 08:39:18 pm »
Can you add the Samie formation, King Luis? 8)

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #388 on: February 15, 2015, 08:40:05 pm »

Look closer  8)

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: February 15, 2015, 08:44:44 pm »
Ah I see Rodgers the fraud has nicked my formation as his own.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #390 on: February 15, 2015, 08:55:48 pm »
This was the initial idea:

I have a Draft Idea. How about a Director of football draft.

DoF draft

• All participants are randomly assigned a great manager like Shankly, Guardiola, Sacchi etc.
  • They are given 100m to spend and must build a team that suits the playing style of said manager. For example a Guardiola's team must have technically gifted midfielders Or Ferguson's team must have great wingers
  • Teams are assembled through auctioning and trading over 11 rounds.
  • (Optional rule) Can't draft players that played under the manager you are assigned.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #391 on: February 15, 2015, 09:17:21 pm »
I still think my idea is better....

Andy Tate Draft: Four of Clubs Special

1:20

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Khlz7Kwkoz8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Khlz7Kwkoz8</a>

----------

Rules:

- Players must be picked from Olympiacos, Real Madrid (In the form they're in), Barcelona or Bayern Munich
- All decisions must be made by Fergie, and you have to stick by it.
- Teams must adhere to a Barca style of play
- Teams must be prepared for the derby
- Must show passion, must give motivation.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: February 15, 2015, 09:42:34 pm »
wtf? The 4-4-2 diamond is 'yours'??

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: February 15, 2015, 09:47:10 pm »
wtf? The 4-4-2 diamond is 'yours'??

Death by Sex son, Death by Sex.  :lickin

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #394 on: February 15, 2015, 09:53:27 pm »
This was the initial idea:

Adding on from that, I would personally set it up as a Snake Draft rather than an auction one. But it depends what people prefer? Or whether people are even interested?

It would also be an all-time draft whih would keep everything very open. Just imagine trying to replicate Paisley's Liverpool or Sacchi's Milan with a different set of players. We can also make sure Samie gets Mourinho just for our own entertainment  ;)

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: February 15, 2015, 09:59:51 pm »
Death by Sex son, Death by Sex.  :lickin
Cool. Once you don't lay claim to my 3-3-1-3.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: February 15, 2015, 10:03:45 pm »
Cool. Once you don't lay claim to my 3-3-1-3.
Fuck off I also have claim over that as well. Tautogram draft say's hi bitch.  :wave

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: February 15, 2015, 10:30:10 pm »
Fuck off I also have claim over that as well. Tautogram draft say's hi bitch.  :wave
:lmao most pointless draft ever. Pick a team using proper selection process with specific formation in mind, that's how it's done. Feel free to use that formation some other time though. I'll allow it

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #398 on: February 15, 2015, 10:31:44 pm »
I stand by my idea from before.  Everyone gets the full team from the manager's model team.  They have to trade with the other players to completely change their team.  Any players not traded out by a deadline are replaced by sheep.

Now that would be fun/a mind fuck

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #399 on: February 15, 2015, 10:34:54 pm »
:lmao most pointless draft ever. Pick a team using proper selection process with specific formation in mind, that's how it's done. Feel free to use that formation some other time though. I'll allow it
The G string was the best team in that by miles.  Scandalous it didn't win.

Ruud Gullit as a marauding centre back  :P

Gento, Gerrard and Garrincha feeding Greaves  :P :P