Author Topic: Holiday 2017  (Read 43429 times)

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Holiday 2017
« Reply #240 on: May 10, 2017, 03:39:40 pm »
Any ideas for a winter getaway in October? with a few of the lads, somewhere cheap and cheerful!

Winter sun or not ...if sun try Portugal early October is still a decent temperature amd albufiera is reasonable  , if no sun how about krakow cheap as chips

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: May 11, 2017, 07:27:58 pm »
Just booked a last minute trip to Kuala Lumpur, with a free stopover in Doha on the way back (free hotel for the night). Leave just after the 'Boro game, which may or may not be a good thing! Then Estonia for the other half's bday trip the week after that. :thumbup
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #242 on: May 11, 2017, 07:30:12 pm »
Just booked a last minute trip to Kuala Lumpur, with a free stopover in Doha on the way back (free hotel for the night). Leave just after the 'Boro game, which may or may not be a good thing! Then Estonia for the other half's bday trip the week after that. :thumbup
Whats the weather supposed to be like? Thinking of KL and Bali next May but the rain puts me off.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: May 11, 2017, 08:05:47 pm »
Whats the weather supposed to be like? Thinking of KL and Bali next May but the rain puts me off.

Hot and cloudy/rainy. But then it's like that year-round, so you can't really avoid it. I'll let you know how it was when I get back.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #244 on: May 13, 2017, 01:54:35 pm »
Hot and cloudy/rainy. But then it's like that year-round, so you can't really avoid it. I'll let you know how it was when I get back.
Nice one. I think my mind's made up, Kuala Lumpur for four days then Dubai for 8. Can't be bothered with Bali at all, too much flying stress and most likely doesn't have anything I haven't seen already.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #245 on: May 13, 2017, 02:15:22 pm »
2 hour delay...balls!

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #246 on: May 21, 2017, 02:53:06 pm »

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #247 on: May 21, 2017, 08:49:54 pm »
CoCo Key Resort on International Drive.

Mate, change it.

That hotel is horrendous. Tacky.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: May 21, 2017, 08:51:38 pm »

Rain in KL / Singapore isn't anything like rain patterns you're accustomed too. It will rain very heavy for 20 minutes or so, then you'll have brightness again.

I prefer Singapore over KL. Easier to navigate around, much more in the way of tourist attractions, and generally a much nicer city to visit.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: May 21, 2017, 09:31:21 pm »
Mate, change it.

That hotel is horrendous. Tacky.

Thanks, we changed it the same day, moved to the Quality Suites on Canada Drive.

Fly out Wednesday quarter to 1 in the afternoon. Terminal 2, think the Mancs will be flying from 1 and 3, so won't have to put up with then.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #250 on: May 21, 2017, 09:48:26 pm »
Rain in KL / Singapore isn't anything like rain patterns you're accustomed too. It will rain very heavy for 20 minutes or so, then you'll have brightness again.

I prefer Singapore over KL. Easier to navigate around, much more in the way of tourist attractions, and generally a much nicer city to visit.
That's what I've heard as well that Singapore is a lot cleaner and friendlier. Still, always wanted to visit Kuala Lumpur though. Considering KL for 5 days and Singapore for 5 days, comr across a very good deal direct flight deal from Manchester with Singapore Airlines so probably going to book it within the next week or so before I change my mind again.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: May 21, 2017, 10:34:51 pm »

Experienced that in Orlando when we honeymooned there in 2007. Its mad, red hot, then torrential thunderstorm then back to red hot.

My brother has friends in Singapore, he went out Jan last year to visit and fell in love with the place.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: May 22, 2017, 10:55:22 am »

We fly out to KL next Tuesday. Cant wait.  Only got one full day/night there before moving onto Koh Samui for 2 weeks.

I'm well into Skyscrapers and iconic buildings etc, so got a deluxe Towers view room booked in the 'Traders' Hotel in KL.  Apparently it's the best hotel for Petronas Tower room Views.  Planning on cocktails in the Hotel SkyBar at night.

Already booked tickets to go up the Towers during the day.

Probably be well knackered after a 12 hr flight so just a casual mooch around the city and sample a bit of street food. Nothing too heavy.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: May 22, 2017, 11:49:36 am »
We fly out to KL next Tuesday. Cant wait.  Only got one full day/night there before moving onto Koh Samui for 2 weeks.

I'm well into Skyscrapers and iconic buildings etc, so got a deluxe Towers view room booked in the 'Traders' Hotel in KL.  Apparently it's the best hotel for Petronas Tower room Views.  Planning on cocktails in the Hotel SkyBar at night.

Probably be well knackered after a 12 hr flight so just a casual mooch around the city and sample a bit of street food. Nothing too heavy.

Yeah I read about Traders. Meant to be really good for views. Executive Rooms (with Lounge access) at the Double Tree also supposed to be good.

I was supposed to be en-route right now, but I had to cancel late last week :(. Qatar Airways allow you to cancel the flights but not the ticket reservation though, so I can rebook (for a fee, obviously) at a later date.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: May 24, 2017, 07:38:12 am »

KL is nice, but not on a par with Singapore.

Singapore has a brilliant metro system, very cheap. Fantastic architecture - the Marina Bay area is stunning. If you can afford it, go and stay at the Marina Bay Sands. You might have seen the pool on the top of the building. The club in there is awesome too.

Then you have Sentosa Island - where you have a ton of attractions, including Universal Studios, a pretty cool beach area (great parties at night).

If i could go live in a city it would be Singapore. Short flight to Bangkok - my favourite city.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:30:19 am by AaronSingh25 »

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: May 24, 2017, 07:47:09 am »
Off to Almeria tomorrow morning, so long suckers.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: May 24, 2017, 10:44:06 am »
In terminal 2 at Manchester, off to Orlando in 3 hours

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: May 24, 2017, 12:53:00 pm »
KL is nice, but not on a par with Singapore.

Singapore has a brilliant metro system, very cheap. Fantastic architecture - the Marina Bay area is stunning. If you can afford it, go and stay at the Marina Bay Sands. You might have seen the pool on the top of the building. The club in there is awesome too.

Then you have Sentosa Island - where you have a ton of attractions, including Universal Studios, a pretty cool beach area (great parties at night).

If i could go live in a city it would be Singapore. Short flight to Bangkok - my favourite city.

Cheers for the info mate. KL was our change over destination anyway so thought id have a quick 24 hr peek at the place.

Will defo bear in mind Singapore though as a changeover and stopover visit next time we holiday in SE Asia.

cheers :wave

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: May 24, 2017, 03:17:51 pm »

Traders is very well located. You can walk around the main tourist sites.

I've stayed in the hotel before. A suggestion if time permits would be to skip the rooftop bar as your room view is as good if not better (or just go up when you check infor a quick peek) and take a wander over to Jalan Alor instead which has more than enough street food and bars to keep you entertained.

KL is a decent 24 hour stop over. Enjoy.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: May 24, 2017, 05:24:52 pm »
Traders is very well located. You can walk around the main tourist sites.

I've stayed in the hotel before. A suggestion if time permits would be to skip the rooftop bar as your room view is as good if not better (or just go up when you check infor a quick peek) and take a wander over to Jalan Alor instead which has more than enough street food and bars to keep you entertained.

KL is a decent 24 hour stop over. Enjoy.

Brilliant. Thanks Mate :)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #260 on: May 28, 2017, 10:38:30 am »
Off to Barca on Thu for the Primavera festival! Should be amazing :) Anyone who knows it feel free to chuck in general hints and tips, I'm nerding up today and tomorrow, marking shit off on Google Maps... airplane mode + maps = good navigation :)

Offline AaronSingh25

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: May 28, 2017, 11:56:35 pm »
In terminal 2 at Manchester, off to Orlando in 3 hours

I've just looked at the ride wait times for Disney and Univeral - makes for some grim reading. I can't fathom how people wait hours to ride a 2 minute ride.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: May 29, 2017, 09:55:37 am »
I've just looked at the ride wait times for Disney and Univeral - makes for some grim reading. I can't fathom how people wait hours to ride a 2 minute ride.

Luckily it's not your holiday. Now bore off.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #263 on: May 29, 2017, 11:44:16 am »
Full list for this year (taken and due). It's not all Spain, most is Catalunya ;) (almost is...)

Barcelona - January
Madrid - February
Barcelona - April
Duesseldorf - July
Barcelona - September (seven nights to cover for the La Merce festival plus it's added Catalan Wine Festival)
Bilbao - November
Barcelona - December
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: May 29, 2017, 02:14:19 pm »

He's slated Kuala Lumpar and Orlando the last few days

This is from someone coming from Hartlepool :lmao

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: May 30, 2017, 12:13:59 am »

What you do is get your lazy arse out of bed and be there at 9, first time with having to collect tickets we got in at 10, our longest wait we had was 15 minutes at universal, place was full of school trips too. Islands of adventure we got there bang on 9, hulk was 15 minutes, walked straight on Spiderman, Kong skull island, Jurassic Park, and under 10 minutes for both Harry Potter rides.

Seaworld was lovely, kids saw everything they wanted. Today we've done discovery cove, swam with stingrays, tropical fish and had a fantastic day.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: May 30, 2017, 01:24:09 am »

Why you getting all heated?

My general point when going to Orlando, and doing the Disney/Universal parks - it's imperative you do your research and go during quieter periods. There are weeks like this coming week, Christmas, first week of July, and Easter where the queues are insane.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: May 30, 2017, 01:25:29 am »
He's slated Kuala Lumpar and Orlando the last few days

This is from someone coming from Hartlepool :lmao

No slating at all.

Kuala Lumpur is a beautiful city, but my point was if you are going on a short stop my suggestion was to try Singapore - far more tourist friendly, more tourist attractions, transport, safety, hotels, etc

Love Orlando.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #268 on: May 30, 2017, 08:47:50 am »

My general point when going to Orlando, and doing the Disney/Universal parks - it's imperative you do your research and go during quieter periods. There are weeks like this coming week, Christmas, first week of July, and Easter where the queues are insane.

Ha imperative?? You know a good proportion of people who go to Orlando have kids - so are stuck to the busier times.

Agree that a little research is a good thing though

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #269 on: May 30, 2017, 05:48:18 pm »

You only ever pop up to say something negative. You rarely post about LFC except to either slag off a player or FSG. you do it on other forums too. Nobody is fooled.

If you have a general point, post that instead of something negative first. It rubs people the wrong way as this thread yet again exemplifies  :)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: May 30, 2017, 06:21:58 pm »
Ha imperative?? You know a good proportion of people who go to Orlando have kids - so are stuck to the busier times.

Agree that a little research is a good thing though

That's the situation we are in, kids are 6 and 8, they get two weeks this half term, so best time for us. We honeymooned here 10 years ago, we were here Sept into Oct, that was unrealistic this year.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #271 on: May 30, 2017, 08:07:03 pm »
Yeah lucky to get the two weeks now as not every school does so at least there might be some quieter times...

As a teacher, with a son now in school we are stuck to the expensive times - going for a mammoth 17 nighter this summer though to make the most of it

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: May 30, 2017, 09:39:58 pm »
We've made the most of it, done Zante twice and Menorca and have got a villa booked for next June in menorca, the second week of the Whit holidays has been a godsend, always cheaper.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: June 3, 2017, 01:45:38 am »
Got to my hotel in Almeria last week and instead of putting us in the family room we thought we'd booked over the Internet, turns out they had put us, 2 adults 2 teenagers, in 2 separate rooms which were other ends of the corridor. First time booking on the Internet so maybe our fault for misreading the booking info but I just assumed when it said double room/ twin room that it was in the same apartment, never even seen the option of them separating a family of 4 up before, surely if you don't have a room for a family of 4 it shouldn't give you the option of there being a vacancy? Ended up paying £400 for a room upgrade for a suite that was fooking massive and great but going to try and claim back money off them now for the fuck up so was wondering if anyone has any experience of doing this?

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #274 on: June 5, 2017, 10:05:24 am »
I'm off to Berlin for a stag do the end of the month

Any recommendations for decent bars/clubs? (even though the stag doesn't drink, everyone else does) staying in the Badstraße area

Also anything to do for stag do's? bearing in mind again the stag doesn't drink :)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: June 5, 2017, 10:15:17 pm »
Waiting to board at Orlando, don't want to come home.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: June 5, 2017, 10:27:11 pm »
Some alert just kicked off, our gates been locked down.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #277 on: June 6, 2017, 08:10:53 am »
What you do is get your lazy arse out of bed and be there at 9, first time with having to collect tickets we got in at 10, our longest wait we had was 15 minutes at universal, place was full of school trips too. Islands of adventure we got there bang on 9, hulk was 15 minutes, walked straight on Spiderman, Kong skull island, Jurassic Park, and under 10 minutes for both Harry Potter rides.

Seaworld was lovely, kids saw everything they wanted. Today we've done discovery cove, swam with stingrays, tropical fish and had a fantastic day.

Yep we came back from another Orlando holiday last week, get to the parks early is always the best advice.
We have an autistic child so planning is essential, but got on nearly everything we wanted at Universal and Disney, mostly by good planning and visiting at less busy times of the day.
That said there are no really quiet times anymore, just some periods of the year busier than others.

We went on Thomson Dreamliner, much better at Sanford than MCO - travelling was stressful, my son had an epilepsy seizure 5 hours into our flight into Orlando.
Thankfully he was okay and we went on to have a great time.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2017, 08:12:32 am by Bullet Riddled Alfredo »
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: June 6, 2017, 09:18:57 am »
Yep we came back from another Orlando holiday last week, get to the parks early is always the best advice.
We have an autistic child so planning is essential, but got on nearly everything we wanted at Universal and Disney, mostly by good planning and visiting at less busy times of the day.
That said there are no really quiet times anymore, just some periods of the year busier than others.

We went on Thomson Dreamliner, much better at Sanford than MCO - travelling was stressful, my son had an epilepsy seizure 5 hours into our flight into Orlando.
Thankfully he was okay and we went on to have a great time.
Flew to Sanford for the first time this year and I hated it personally. Some worker left the keys in a locked van bang on parked in the middle of were the plane I was on was due to land so we were stuck for over an hour on the plane after landing.

The travel on the coach was far longer than from Orlando airport aswell. Flying to Orlando next year now anyway haha.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #279 on: June 6, 2017, 10:38:19 am »
Flew to Sanford for the first time this year and I hated it personally. Some worker left the keys in a locked van bang on parked in the middle of were the plane I was on was due to land so we were stuck for over an hour on the plane after landing.

The travel on the coach was far longer than from Orlando airport aswell. Flying to Orlando next year now anyway haha.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Fair enough, we just hate the double bag drop at MCO. With our lad being disabled we just found Sanford quieter and less stressful. Immigration was also quick.

I know people who have had to stay on the plane for over 2 hours recently after landing at MCO because the immigration queue and process was so bad.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2017, 10:41:19 am by Bullet Riddled Alfredo »
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.