Author Topic: Hades II  (Read 650 times)

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hades II
« on: December 9, 2022, 08:43:11 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/l-iHDj3EwdI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/l-iHDj3EwdI</a>

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
Re: Hades II
« Reply #1 on: December 9, 2022, 10:47:28 am »
YEEEEEEEEEES OMFG

I’ve put over 170 hours into the original Hades so this announcement makes me happy beyond belief!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2 on: December 9, 2022, 07:36:23 pm »
I must be missing something with Hades. It's kind of OK, but it just doesn't compare with Noita which is also a Roguelike, but has a absolute shit load of depth and stuff to learn - plus skill and knowhow.

Noita has literally got things that you can make yourself that can break the game and actually put you into different universes where laws are different between the game.

Add to that a million quests and bosses and endgame to defeat and you just keep coming back.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2022, 02:08:29 pm »
YEEEEEEEEEES OMFG

I’ve put over 170 hours into the original Hades so this announcement makes me happy beyond belief!

Yes! Didn't even know they were making another one, looks great too. Plus Andy doesn't like it so that's sealed the deal for me.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2022, 02:20:30 pm »
Yes! Didn't even know they were making another one, looks great too. Plus Andy doesn't like it so that's sealed the deal for me.

I don't mind it. It's a decent enough game. I'm just saying that if you like that, you should maybe give Noita a go.

There are people with 20,000 hours into it that still are making pages showing secrets and tips that they've only just found. Each seed completely changes the game and 99% of your deaths are 100% your fault :D

I've played 319 hours, have only beaten it once and haven't even got near to any of the secrets

(When I say I've beaten it once, I once got to the bottom level** and beat the big boss*** and then died by drowning in molten gold)

** Not really, the game is much, much bigger than just going down a few levels

*** Not really, there are a set number of bosses, but so many universes with different rules that to beat them all... well.. even the people with 20,000+ hours haven't got close to winning.

A run can take you 10 hours and then you can die after feeling invincible without you having even seen 2% of the game.

Then if you think you've got near to finishing it, you can change the entire game forever by finishing some of the quests (That you have to find out about online unless you have 1,000 hours to spend) - stuff like the Sun Quest, Moon Quest, then you have potions, making wands that you can buy new stuff for, irate shopkeepers, giant worms, absolute total unfairness. Lava, toxic sludge, magic stuff to meld everything, spells that completely change the game, a holy hand grenade! and hundreds of items, spells, potions, wands and enemies

And that's without even getting onto the manual skill you need and the strategy you must know.

This is an all-boss run (Not the whole game or nowhere near, obviously) at four and a half hours (And at any second you can die) by the amazing DunkOrSlam

BEWARE: THIS HAS CLEARLY GOT A LOAD OF SPOILERS IN IT!! :)

Spoiler

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CKKs6MotCqM&amp;t" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CKKs6MotCqM&amp;t</a>

[close]
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 02:37:23 pm by The Andy Williams Xmas Album Live From Allerton! »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2022, 02:55:50 pm »
Thanks mate, I was only messing. It looks interesting, it's not on Switch though which is where I play most of my games :(

Will definitely keep it mind though :)

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2023, 09:15:43 am »
Hades II early access confirmed for Q2, 2024 on Steam and the Epic Games Store  :)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2023, 09:31:21 am »
Hades II early access confirmed for Q2, 2024 on Steam and the Epic Games Store  :)

So they are doing EA again?
That's actually good to hear.

I think the gestation period in EA made Hades such a success. It came out extremely polished and tight on full release. I've no doubt they'll nail it again.

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2023, 11:32:10 am »
So they are doing EA again?
That's actually good to hear.

I think the gestation period in EA made Hades such a success. It came out extremely polished and tight on full release. I've no doubt they'll nail it again.

Yep!

Here are the relevant bits from Supergiant's announcement:

Early Access Starts Next Year

We now can confirm we're planning for Hades II to launch in Early Access in Q2 2024 on Steam and the Epic Games Store. We'll have more details on the exact date, pricing, and system requirements closer to that time.

Thank you for your patience as we gear up for this launch! You may be wondering, why can't we launch in Early Access, like, right now?! The game looked pretty far along in the first trailer! The reason is, Hades II will have at least as much content from day one in Early Access as the original game did back when it launched in Early Access on Steam. And, even though Early Access inherently means a game is not yet complete, we still want to do everything we can to make sure Hades II is worth your while as soon as you can play it in any capacity.

(...)

More About Early Access & Beyond

Early Access was vitally important to the entire idea behind the original Hades -- we decided it would be an Early Access game before deciding literally anything else about it, such as the Underworld setting. We've approached development of Hades II knowing Early Access will be no less important this time, though now knowing a bit more of what to expect from Early Access development, as well as more about what a Hades game needs to be. We believe the timeframe we're planning for will be the "sweet spot" where the game is far enough along that player feedback won't mostly consist of stuff we already know isn't there yet, but isn't so far along that it's too late in development for us to act on the feedback we receive.

Similar to how we approached Early Access with the original, following our Hades II Early Access launch, we'll have several Major Updates adding the rest of the game's core content and refining what's there based on player feedback. The story will expand with each update, as we introduce more characters, and deepen relationships with existing ones. This process will culminate in our v1.0 launch, which will feature the conclusion to the story and any other finishing touches.

We don't yet know exactly how long it will take us to get to v1.0 of Hades II, as our experience developing in Early Access has taught us (among many things) to expect the unexpected.

(...)

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2024, 02:59:58 pm »
Supergiant Games launched the technical test yesterday (you could apply for a participation key) so there’s tons of gameplay footage out all over Youtube.

I watched a bit of it last night: Basically, we got to see the entire first biome including the first boss.

(Early Access is launching soon and is said to go beyond the first biome.)

I won’t spoil anything here, but my general impression without having played it myself:

It looks great, it sounds great (hearing that typical Hades music again sent shivers down my spine), and the basic game mechanics seem exactly the same as in the original Hades (which is a good thing imo, as it’s near perfect), but with a couple of additions (which probably increase as the game goes on).

The boon system also seems to be intact, with a few new gods/powers added into the mix (most notably Apollo), and your basic controls are still mapped to attack, special, cast, and dash.

What’s new is the omega attack: hold down one of the main buttons to launch a stronger attack, which uses up your new magic meter. There are new boons that recharge/level up your magic abilities, which of course should allow for a whole new range of builds/combos.

Overall, I’m excited enough that I’m actually considering buying a Steamdeck just to be able to play Hades II during early access  ;D (Part 1 is my most played Switch game by far.)

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2024, 05:54:43 pm »
Thanks for the update mate, was looking out for this. Will give it a watch :)

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2024, 06:30:08 pm »
Always happy to share my excitement ;D

Here’s the link to what Supergiant streamed last night:

https://www.youtube.com/live/XucgtuFqIec?si=791c8X58NzTDHe_F

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2024, 07:38:27 pm »
Always happy to share my excitement ;D

Here’s the link to what Supergiant streamed last night:

https://www.youtube.com/live/XucgtuFqIec?si=791c8X58NzTDHe_F

In the name of Hades, I accept this message :P

Thanks, watched some of it and looks great so far, feels like there'll be a lot more ranged attacks (certainly at the beginning) than there was in the original, which suits how I like playing. Liking the magic addition as well, interested o find how that's going to be expanded as you progress.

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2024, 01:58:10 pm »
Liking the magic addition as well, interested o find how that's going to be expanded as you progress.

Same!

And whelp, I've gone ahead and ordered a Steam Deck now, mainly to be able to play Hades II during Early Access. Total FOMO inspired decision. But I guess it also opens up a wealth of new games, which is a nice bonus.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2024, 04:32:43 pm »
Sounds good I'll watch that later, loved Hades although never managed to finish it.

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 10:49:34 am »
Sounds good I'll watch that later, loved Hades although never managed to finish it.

Did you ever activate God mode? Basically, it gives you +2% damage resistance after each time you die. Which enables you to progress further and further till it hits the sweet spot where the difficulty level exactly matches your skill.

I found that very helpful to clear my first few runs and progress with the story. Basically, the story "goes up a notch" after your 1st and your 10th clear respectively, and even then there's still a big epilogue with the "true ending" left to play for. I think I had about 160 clears by the time I layed Hades I to rest.

By the way, for anyone who's familiar with the first Hades, here's a good video summary of where Hades II picks up, what's new etc.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFcwUpFLWt0

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 05:12:49 pm »
Never did that no, I'll try and jump on again and finish it then, that's great to know.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 05:13:57 pm »
Havent seen the true ending, though am not too bothered about that as I've still got a fair bit to do and I'm still not all too great at clearing all the time, with the pact of punishment in place.

I've put it down for a while but have been playing it intermittently as it's one of those games where it's to do that. Am definitely going to pick up again soon as there's still loads I need to do.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 05:14:59 pm »
Never did that no, I'll try and jump on again and finish it then, that's great to know.

Yeah God Mode is great if you want some help getting through the game. Plus it gets easier the more you play so you'll get there.