Author Topic: Taylor Swift  (Read 51962 times)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: Taylor Swift
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2021, 04:53:01 pm »
:lmao :lmao

I don’t own an album by those others, actually I did have Jagged Little Pill but then I think everyone did when it came out!

Taylor’s a cut above the rest of them lads, you need to let her in and enrich your lives

duvva is Tom Hiddleston's sock puppet!

I KNEW it!
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2021, 04:54:33 pm »
:lmao :lmao

I don’t own an album by those others, actually I did have Jagged Little Pill but then I think everyone did when it came out!

Taylor’s a cut above the rest of them lads, you need to let her in and enrich your lives

I have tried listening to her, but I have to admit she does little for me I find her lyrics a bit bland. There are some singers out there who I don't really like, but can understand why others do. I am a little lost as to why so many seem to go so crazy over her, if I am honest. It takes all kind to make up a world though, so go on enjoying her.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2021, 05:02:32 pm »
Duvva's bedroom wall has been like something out of the Shawshank Redemption

Madonna
Alanis Morissette
Avril Lavigne
Katy Perry
Taylor Swift

One of them has kissed a girl (and liked it) unlike duvva.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2021, 05:07:33 pm »
One of them has kissed a girl (and liked it) unlike duvva.

Whereas, similar to duvva, one of them is like a Virgin

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2021, 05:11:22 pm »
I have tried listening to her, but I have to admit she does little for me I find her lyrics a bit bland. There are some singers out there who I don't really like, but can understand why others do. I am a little lost as to why so many seem to go so crazy over her, if I am honest. It takes all kind to make up a world though, so go on enjoying her.  :D

I can understand that if you haven’t really strayed far from her popular stuff - her singles, like Shake It Off, Me!, 22 etc.. but her best work is in her albums.

Evermore and Folklore are her two most recent albums and they have some of her best writing.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2021, 05:14:21 pm »
Looking forward to listening to Red, never heard it before. I’ve listened to everything from 1989 on and don’t think there’s a bad album. But am waiting for the Taylor versions of all the earlier ones, really enjoyed Fearless when that was released earlier this year again. 2 or 3 great songs on it and a really good album.

Oh wow. So you will never have heard All Too Well..? That’s a lot to look forward to then.

She had been threatening for years to release a 10 min version of All Too Well and she did today as part of Red TV.

ATW would generally be considered her best song I think. Certainly my favourite. When you get around to listening to it, check out her performance of it from the Grammys in 2014 (?). It’s brilliant!

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2021, 05:14:37 pm »
Right. That’s it. Where’s Fromola can we end his ban, I need to take the heat off
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: November 12, 2021, 05:15:13 pm »
Someone (wasn’t me) named her in the Overrated thread. And Declan Rice.

Haha! :D

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2021, 05:23:44 pm »
I can understand that if you haven’t really strayed far from her popular stuff - her singles, like Shake It Off, Me!, 22 etc.. but her best work is in her albums.

Evermore and Folklore are her two most recent albums and they have some of her best writing.
Shake it Off is a stone cold pop classic of any era

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2021, 05:27:12 pm »
Shake it Off is a stone cold pop classic of any era

I fucking hate that song. I've heard it a million times on the radio when my wife has it on, didn't know it was her until I've just checked you tube.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2021, 05:30:22 pm »
Right. That’s it. Where’s Fromola can we end his ban, I need to take the heat off

;D

This is beautiful to see.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: November 12, 2021, 05:31:19 pm »
I’m being chased out of the horse racing thread now too.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 12, 2021, 05:32:54 pm »

You obviously haven't been back n the 2021 in Music thread yet mate :)

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: November 12, 2021, 05:47:39 pm »
You obviously haven't been back n the 2021 in Music thread yet mate :)
Was gonna offer to help with next years Cheltenham comp as I’m not going so will be watching at home, but you’ve ruined that now mate

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 12, 2021, 06:05:38 pm »
Was gonna offer to help with next years Cheltenham comp as I’m not going so will be watching at home, but you’ve ruined that now mate

:)

all good fun mate

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2021, 06:13:26 pm »
The production on the new version is excellent. Can hear far more details compared to the original. The Fearless rerecording sounded near identical to me, but Red is noticeably better and I'm no great shakes at picking up these details.

Her more mature voice comes across clearly on certain songs, 22 being the most obvious on, which does give the songs a different feeling. Still, it's a pretty solid attempt to sound like the originals.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2021, 06:45:22 pm »
I’ve already learnt something from listening to Red. The first couple of bars of Stay Stay Stay is used by ITV Racing for their Homeschooling feature

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #137 on: November 12, 2021, 07:26:06 pm »

Won't be gone furlong...

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: November 12, 2021, 07:31:10 pm »
Won't be gone furlong...
My Taylor love has whipped up a hell of a furore

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2021, 07:35:40 pm »

Taylored to your lashing out at the doubters, most probably...

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2021, 07:58:02 pm »

You just gotta play it off as Wummery or sprinkle some irony into your Taylor love.

Back in the day, AWWYC used to love Justin Beiber and Enrique Iglesias and got away with it.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2021, 08:49:40 pm »
Boss.

Boss, boss, boss.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2021, 07:49:09 am »
Listening to Evermore right now. It's ruddy-bloody-great.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2021, 09:58:46 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DYIOaifhjQU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DYIOaifhjQU</a>

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2021, 10:10:53 pm »
She has done some outstanding songs. Willow being my favourite.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2021, 11:05:49 pm »
Really enjoyed the re-release of Red. I've always maintained that it's her best album, despite Folklore running it quite close last year.

There's a bonus track she's done with Ed Sheeran called "Run" that I'm all over right now, I don't understand how it's been in the vault for nearly 10 years. If there was only room on the album for 1 Ed Sheeran collab, they should've shunted "Everything Has Changed", this is a much better song.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2021, 01:46:24 am »
I dare say I’m about 50 years too early for Taylor Swift but as with Lana Del Ray, I’ve constantly seen and heard the name so thought as a genuine lover of any decent music I’d dip into this thread to be enlightened and perhaps find some decent music. And thanks to Ciara (and Nobby) with her deep passion and enthusiasm for the artist and her music I gave all the recommendations she made a good listen.

The upshot is just like in the case of ms Del Ray, it’s clear to me ms Swift is an outstanding songwriter/performer with a pretty impressive back catalogue. Some terrific tracks. And as for her re-recording of her albums to get one over on that guy with the weird name and to establish control of her own creations - what a groundbreaking thing to do.

So there you go. Not sure if I’ll be taking my new found enlightenment any further but who knows and whatever it’s still nice to be enlightened about music you previously knew absolutely fuck all about. So thanks Ciara. You did a fine job of championing her kiddo.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 01:48:00 am by Timbo's Goals »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: November 19, 2021, 01:06:37 pm »

So there you go. Not sure if I’ll be taking my new found enlightenment any further but who knows and whatever it’s still nice to be enlightened about music you previously knew absolutely fuck all about. So thanks Ciara. You did a fine job of championing her kiddo.

Yes! Love hearing about new Swifties! Sort of joking there but no, that’s great! There is a time and a place for her well known pop stuff, but I just think it’s criminal how her best work is so hidden! :)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: November 19, 2021, 01:08:36 pm »
Really enjoyed the re-release of Red. I've always maintained that it's her best album, despite Folklore running it quite close last year.

There's a bonus track she's done with Ed Sheeran called "Run" that I'm all over right now, I don't understand how it's been in the vault for nearly 10 years. If there was only room on the album for 1 Ed Sheeran collab, they should've shunted "Everything Has Changed", this is a much better song.

I am very much the same with this song and IBYTAM from the Red vault. There are two from the Fearless vault that I can’t believe was buried for so long.

I am positively giddy at the prospect of what could be in the Reputation vault. Has to be some gems from that time as there was so much going on for her then.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: November 19, 2021, 06:08:18 pm »
The vault tracks are incredibly good, nowhere close to being demos or half-formed ideas. An album of them on their own would put it up there with the rest of her work.

It's astonishing that she opted not to put Better Man on her album before. I listened to the Little Big Town version and the Red version is miles better.

Online John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2021, 08:47:59 pm »
Even later albums she's left off some cracking songs, like on 1989 the track 'Wonderland' being relegated to being a bonus track on the deluxe version.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2021, 08:51:16 pm »
I dare say I’m about 50 years too early for Taylor Swift but as with Lana Del Ray, I’ve constantly seen and heard the name so thought as a genuine lover of any decent music I’d dip into this thread to be enlightened and perhaps find some decent music. And thanks to Ciara (and Nobby) with her deep passion and enthusiasm for the artist and her music I gave all the recommendations she made a good listen.

The upshot is just like in the case of ms Del Ray, it’s clear to me ms Swift is an outstanding songwriter/performer with a pretty impressive back catalogue. Some terrific tracks. And as for her re-recording of her albums to get one over on that guy with the weird name and to establish control of her own creations - what a groundbreaking thing to do.

I love Lana del Rey, one of Bruce's favourite songwriters as well you Timbo.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2021, 06:56:57 pm »
Turns out she could be a plagiarist eh?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 10, 2021, 07:01:35 pm »
Turns out she could be a plagiarist eh?

At least she ripped off a shite song.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2021, 07:25:56 pm »
At least she ripped off a shite song.

To make another shite song  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2021, 07:27:31 pm »
To make another shite song  ;D

Ciara? Have you got a minute?

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2021, 07:43:34 pm »
Idiots. It’s an all time pop classic

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 10, 2021, 08:19:43 pm »
Idiots. It’s an all time pop classic

She has some good songs but that one is really bad. That and ‘22’ are truly awful.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: December 10, 2021, 08:41:05 pm »
She has some good songs but that one is really bad. That and ‘22’ are truly awful.

Can’t agree. They’re both great pop songs imo. But Shake it Off is an absolute banger

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: December 10, 2021, 09:53:57 pm »
Can’t agree. They’re both great pop songs imo. But Shake it Off is an absolute banger

True. You can't be a fan of tunes like Outkast's "Hey Ya!' and not love "Shake It Off". It was the first song by her that made me stop and listen to her.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.