Author Topic: Luis Garcia  (Read 168655 times)

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
Re: Luis Garcia - Top Bloke
« Reply #200 on: October 25, 2008, 10:03:05 am »
The whole thread is saying what a talented player he is, and a lot of people saying they wish he was still our player, and yet its okay that he needs to dive to impress his club, ability isnt enough?

Its part of the game in Spain. Doesn't make it right, but it's what it is. In the first half, that Atletico team showed they did not have the talent to overturn us. Thats where the simulation comes into it, in Spain. To gain an advantage where it cannot be gained. Doesn't make it right but it's how it is.

It's just the way it is. But, it doesn't erase the two years plus of service and loyalty he gave to us.

He was always knocked over by a gust of wind. It's not like this is a huge surprise. He's desperate to win. To prove his worth. To show that he puts in all the effort that he feels his supporters want to see.

Luis barely starts, lets not forget. This was his chance to make a mark. To prove where his loyalties lie. Certainly, he mucked it up a fair bit but lets not turn him into a bloody monster for it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 10:05:33 am by Daranoza »
Blank.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: October 25, 2008, 10:45:39 am »
I've got no problem with any former player scoring against us. I'll even admit, after the initial annoyance of dropping points, I had a wry smile on my face when Fowler scored against us. Dont care if they celebrate or not, and to be honest I'd actually be annoyed if one of our players didnt celebrate against a former club either (Torres Vs Atletico, Keane Vs Spurs etc.).

Of all the bollocks you've posted in this thread this stands out on a separate note - why would you be annoyed if one of our players showed some respect against a former club by not celebrating?

I can tell you now for certain neither Torres or Keane will celebrate if they score against Atletico or Spurs.

Oh and well in Juan. Sums him up perfectly.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: October 25, 2008, 11:18:40 am »
Its part of the game in Spain. Doesn't make it right, but it's what it is. In the first half, that Atletico team showed they did not have the talent to overturn us. Thats where the simulation comes into it, in Spain. To gain an advantage where it cannot be gained. Doesn't make it right but it's how it is.

It's just the way it is. But, it doesn't erase the two years plus of service and loyalty he gave to us.

He was always knocked over by a gust of wind. It's not like this is a huge surprise. He's desperate to win. To prove his worth. To show that he puts in all the effort that he feels his supporters want to see.

Luis barely starts, lets not forget. This was his chance to make a mark. To prove where his loyalties lie. Certainly, he mucked it up a fair bit but lets not turn him into a bloody monster for it.
I like little Luis and will be forever grateful to him for his contributions in 2005 and 2006.

However, had Alonso been sent off on Wednesday (which is what Garcia was trying to achieve by holding his face) then i doubt you'd be as charitable.

What he did was a disgrace and especially to his mate. There's no other way to put it and if he does it again at Anfield he can fuck off.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #203 on: October 25, 2008, 11:20:10 am »
Luis Garcia was a good player, but scored important goals in important games, I think  making people remeber him as a better player for us than he actually was. Maybe nice to have him as squad player but no more, he was frustrating at times, losing the ball all to often. Some cracking goals though, 'that' header defied logic.

I'll remeber him fondly, but he's not a legend of the club, good servent while here - yes. Shame about his diving the other day, but that's Spain rubbing off on him I guess. Sound guy.

Offline cakmin

• Estoy aburrido
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • La Ostra
« Reply #204 on: October 25, 2008, 11:24:49 am »
I'll remeber him fondly, but he's not a legend of the club, good servent while here - yes. Shame about his diving the other day, but that's Spain rubbing off on him I guess. Sound guy.

I have no problem about players diving, it's part of the game sadly. Even our great Steven Gerrard can fall down easily whenever he is anywhere in the penalty box. Had Luis done it for us, I bet people would have been okay with it!

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: October 25, 2008, 11:27:14 am »
I have no problem about players diving, it's part of the game sadly. Even our great Steven Gerrard can fall down easily whenever he is anywhere in the penalty box. Had Luis done it for us, I bet people would have been okay with it!
I think there's a huge difference in diving to gain a penalty or pretending you've been hit in the face to get someone sent off.

Our players don't tend to do the latter and if they did I would not like it.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #206 on: October 25, 2008, 11:29:40 am »
So much shite on the last page or two. Thankfully it's only the one idiot.

Couldn't give a fuck if he dived. He was trying to do the best for his team, even if it meant cheating to do so. You don't think Nando will go down easy against Atleti like he has done every other time it's suited him since he joined Liverpool? Course he will. The whole diving debate is tedious, especially when people go houlier than thou, given we've got a few prize cheats of our own when it comes to making the most out of minimal contact. No sense holding it against them though, because in all bar the most bizarre cases, you have to be a ruthless twat who is willing to cheat and steal his way to the top. There's no time for nice guys on the pitch.

As far as Garcia goes, he was totally off the cuff. I don't care that he lost the ball trying the unusual. I don't want to see a team of Makelele's who pass the ball 5 yards either side and do fuck all else. Fact is that the people who had a go at Garcia tend to be the same who are happy enough to call Rafa negative, paradoxically ignoring their criticism that playing Garcia was a risk (a gamble that continued to pay off right up until his injury).

Fact is that he was not only a big game player, but continually showed up in the games people would typecast as those which a flair player like himself should struggle in.

"Yeah, it's fine and well scoring against Juventus, but how will he fare on a wet and windy night in Sunderland, midweek in October?" .. well he scored. Oh, and just to prove that it wasn't a fluke he went and kept us in the game on a bleak winter's day at the Reebok.

Accusations of being lightweight look stupid when you see a couple of his performances against the Shite. They look stupid when you consider how he scored at the Reebok (twice, unofficially), away at Sunderland and Norwich. The label he's been given of showing up only in Europe is a myth. His goal record was just as good in domestic football. Never below a goal every 3.5 games, which is a better average than Gerrard has/had (Yes, Gerrard started more games, but then he also takes set pieces which Garcia never did bar the occasional corner). His goal records from starts is even better. His record in the league was just as good as it was in Europe, which makes the "he was good in Europe but not cut out for the league" nonsense even more infuriating. Joe Cole, widely considered as one of the better players in the league in the same position, has never scored more in a Premier League season than Garcia.

Garcia was a player who idiots were too keen to pigeonhole. He did well in big European games so he was clearly a 'european' player, not cut out for the league. The record and performances show otherwise. He was a "lightweight", despite being the man who ended Roy Keane's Manchester United career and played on in a Merseyside derby with an injury.

Garcia was a proper maverick when our team was void of individuality and was becoming increasingly machine-like. There were times, especially during that 2nd season, where his individuality and infectious attitude were one of the few things that got the pulse racing, even though we were winning with relative ease from mid-October onwards. He was, for my money, the first player since Fowler that was genuinely off the cuff in his approach to games. Those headers against Anderlecht and Fulham.. no one else we've had could have scored them. Not specifically because of the technique involved, but because no one else would have thought to try it in the first place. Same goes for his goal against Spurs towards the back end of his first season. The finish was great, but the technique involved was nothing that Gerrard or Alonso couldn't have pulled off with relative ease. It was the speed of turn and the single mindedness of the approach that seperated it from anything they could have done, and that's the part of him that reminded me of Fowler. The guy could finish superbly well, and had the best off the ball movement of just about anyone I can recall. I remember people blasting the guy for missing some sitters (Birmingham and Sao Paulo are the examples that spring to mind), but none of them seemed to be grasping that only he had the movement to get into those positions to begin with. The lad was bright, he was bubbly and he was a one off. I'll not lament the occasional miss-placed pass (there was only ever one - during his first season - that was costly as far as I'm aware). His positive contribution far out-weighed any dive he took, any sloppy pass he gave away or any opportunity he squandered.

He was a properly good footballer was little Luis, and despite the dismissive notions of "we've moved on", there would still be a place for the Luis Garcia of his time at Liverpool at the club now. The fact is that we've already had two goalless draws this season. Yeah, we're only goal differences off the top of the league, but the other 'big 4' haven't had any. Garcia scored goals, important goals at important moments. Yeah, his well of inspiration would all too often run dry after a 5 minute period in a match, and ultimately that's what stopped him from being amongst the very best around. However, more often than not, having Garcia on the pitch for those handful of minutes was worth it, and produced a result. You'll forgive me then, if you don't think we're too big to have a player who could have ghosted into the box and got a header or a scrappy tap-in against Stoke, or who could have picked up the ball 25 yards out, turned sharply and rifled one in, in the final 25 minutes away to Villa. He was more than capable. He was unbelievably illusive, and frankly, although the squad is far better now, he has not been adequetely replaced, and I say that as a huge fan of Benayoun. Benayoun would have complemented Garcia better than he could ever replace him, and asking him to do the latter is totally unfair on Yossi. Garcia was a one off.

Fuck the haters.
The rant I've held in check, but you've expressed much better than I would of anyway. Hear hear.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #207 on: October 25, 2008, 11:32:34 am »
If Torres dives against Atletico at Anfield, will you still like him fowlerisgod96?

Offline The_Cutter

• It must be Summer the TdF is on and The Cutter appears!
  • Legacy Fan
  • And then I went.
« Reply #208 on: October 25, 2008, 11:51:40 am »
Love the lad, it was kinda silly of him when he tried to pull that cheap 'holding face' trich, but what happened to the forgive and forget?

Oh and top top post, Juan.   :)
"A story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end . . . but not necessarily in that order." Jean-Luc Godard

'I'm sorry Wayne. Please finish your cider.'

Offline Bangers N Masch

• Legacy Fan
  • Backing Hodgson.
« Reply #209 on: October 25, 2008, 01:55:33 pm »
Juan Loco just summed it up perfectly. Garcia is amongst the 'second-tier legend' players at this club for me - not quite a legend but only one step behind. I'll always be grateful for what he did at this club.
'Nights like the semi-final back in 2005 live long in the memory of anyone who witnessed it, never mind me as an opposition player. That night has always stuck in my head and given me the desire to one day play in a red shirt and help the club return to its former glory days.'

Muted for 12 days for calling Rafa fat.

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #210 on: October 25, 2008, 02:23:13 pm »
If Torres dives against Atletico at Anfield, will you still like him fowlerisgod96?

Yeah but Atletico wont.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not poo-pooing what he did for us. He was excellent, I liked him and he obviously scored some excellent, important goals for us. But what wound me up was the fact he was diving, trying to cheat us. I would like to think Torres wouldnt dive against Atletico. Its a bit like asking if I'd still like Fowler if he dived against us. It'd piss me right off. The point is, he wouldnt. You'd probably get the same sort of thing before the game, of how he loves us and how he wouldnt take pleasure in scoring, but then he wouldnt spend the game trying to cheat us out of a result and get our players sent off. And I'm actually astonished people cant see that.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #211 on: October 25, 2008, 02:27:38 pm »
some things arent worth dwelling on,just let them go.its not a fucking mountain ,its a mole hill!
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #212 on: October 25, 2008, 02:40:10 pm »
Juan Loco just summed it up perfectly. Garcia is amongst the 'second-tier legend' players at this club for me - not quite a legend but only one step behind. I'll always be grateful for what he did at this club.

Yeah, he was never ever gonna be one of the greats, it's just that he did some great things for us.

Offline twigsta-lfc

• Main Stander
« Reply #213 on: October 25, 2008, 08:55:08 pm »
I have the upmost respect for the lad.

Hero IMO

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #214 on: October 25, 2008, 09:38:21 pm »
Luis Garcia Is a Legend, I'm still upset that he left us  ???

What a great player. I Loved him and im guessing all liverpool fans loved the little fella
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline RAFA - 6 - 19

• Fighteningly inept.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: October 27, 2008, 12:36:28 pm »
i would say he is a fan favourite rather than a legend.

he was great in the cl in 2005 and scored some lovely goals but he was a very frustrating player and no where near good enough a footballer to be described a legend but we still love him!

Offline LiverpoolRedRoseFan38

• In search of an empty room to start a fight...
  • Kopite
« Reply #216 on: October 27, 2008, 12:41:00 pm »
i would say he is a fan favourite rather than a legend.

he was great in the cl in 2005 and scored some lovely goals but he was a very frustrating player and no where near good enough a footballer to be described a legend but we still love him!
fair comments but he must be a legend if only for his massive contribution in the 2005 CL run , yes we all agree frustrating  and not a great goalscorer but a scorer of great goal and surely is a legendary figure , because in years and years to come he will still be little Luis who took us to Istanbul were other "crowd favorites" will not be remember so much  .
My love is for Liverpool football club but also Lancashire county cricket club , the two greatest sports teams and clubs in the world .

Offline RAFA - 6 - 19

• Fighteningly inept.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: October 27, 2008, 12:43:27 pm »
fair comments but he must be a legend if only for his massive contribution in the 2005 CL run , yes we all agree frustrating  and not a great goalscorer but a scorer of great goal and surely is a legendary figure , because in years and years to come he will still be little Luis who took us to Istanbul were other "crowd favorites" will not be remember so much  .

he had a massive impact on the 2005 run but not a legend for me, of the current crop hyppia, gerrard and carra have done enough to earn the tag but garcia is just not in that class for me, i tak eyour point re other crowd favourites though

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #218 on: October 27, 2008, 12:47:46 pm »
If he's a legend solely for his contribution in the CL run then why not Baros or Pongolle or Mellor or Biscan? We had a lot of average players in that side who contributed, and whilst I wouldnt say Garcia was 'average' I really think he's being built up far too much.

If he's a legend, then we've had a shit load of legends at this club. And I'm not talking about your Kenny Dalglishs or Billy Liddells, but if Garcia is a legend then so is Riise, so is Heskey, so is Danny Murphy, so is Patrick Berger. And I'd like to think that, as good a contribution that they made at times, they're really not :D
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

• Kopite
« Reply #219 on: October 27, 2008, 12:50:07 pm »
he had a massive impact on the 2005 run but not a legend for me, of the current crop hyppia, gerrard and carra have done enough to earn the tag but garcia is just not in that class for me, i tak eyour point re other crowd favourites though
the carraghers,gerrards and so on you mentioned are legends for different reasons luis was possibly the reason we won the 2005 champions league ..
My love is for Liverpool football club but also Lancashire county cricket club , the two greatest sports teams and clubs in the world .

Offline RAFA - 6 - 19

• Fighteningly inept.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: October 27, 2008, 12:53:50 pm »
the carraghers,gerrards and so on you mentioned are legends for different reasons luis was possibly the reason we won the 2005 champions league ..

fair comment but hyppia against juve and carra and gerrard in the final were wonderful performances. Carra had many exceptional matches in that run to the final.

If garcia is a legend then so is dudek for that miracle double save and the shootout, those players are not to be mentioned in the same breath as souness, dalglish, rush etc

thats all i am gonna say

• Kopite
« Reply #221 on: October 27, 2008, 01:05:17 pm »
fair comment but hyppia against juve and carra and gerrard in the final were wonderful performances. Carra had many exceptional matches in that run to the final.

If garcia is a legend then so is dudek for that miracle double save and the shootout, those players are not to be mentioned in the same breath as souness, dalglish, rush etc

thats all i am gonna say
yes jerz will be a legendary figure as will smicer  notb in the same way dalglish is or st john or that sort of great legend , legends are the ones who in 20 ,30,40 years time will be remembered for what they did .

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: October 28, 2008, 07:13:54 pm »
Garcia made more consistent contributions to our Champions League win in 2004-05 than Baros, Pongolle, Mellor, Biscan or Dudek. He was our best player in that competition that year.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: October 28, 2008, 08:06:11 pm »
Garcia made more consistent contributions to our Champions League win in 2004-05 than Baros, Pongolle, Mellor, Biscan or Dudek. He was our best player in that competition that year.
Carragher was outstanding.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: October 28, 2008, 08:18:14 pm »
Carragher was outstanding.

True, as was Sami, and Alonso for that matter. Our CL success was certainly a team victory. But Garcia's goals got us to the final - the three strikes against Leverkusen, the stunning volley against Juventus and of course 'that goal' versus Chelsea.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: October 28, 2008, 08:21:35 pm »
True, as was Sami, and Alonso for that matter. Our CL success was certainly a team victory. But Garcia's goals got us to the final - the three strikes against Leverkusen, the stunning volley against Juventus and of course 'that goal' versus Chelsea.
He was great and scored key goals, first v Leverkusen, 2nd v Juve and only goal v Chelsea but we nilled Juve away, Chelsea, home and away and then from a chaotic 3-0 down nilled AC for the next 90 mins. Carragher was for me, the main reason for all that.

Offline azer

• Misanthrope who thinks we were battered by Sunderland.
  • Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #226 on: October 28, 2008, 08:22:05 pm »

jaysus....i agree......(not forgetting stevie that is)
Something quaint and witty.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: October 28, 2008, 08:29:10 pm »
He was great and scored key goals, first v Leverkusen, 2nd v Juve and only goal v Chelsea but we nilled Juve away, Chelsea, home and away and then from a chaotic 3-0 down nilled AC for the next 90 mins. Carragher was for me, the main reason for all that.

The first goal versus Leverkusen away was also a key goal - thanks to Dudek's howler in the dying minutes at Anfield it was vital we scored first in Germany and effectively ended the tie.  I agree Carragher was immense, but like I said I think equal credit must go to Sami in that regard - especially against Chelsea in the face of that aerial barrage he was unbelievable.

Garcia, Carra, Sami, Xabi, Gerrard, Didi, Dudek - heroes the lot of them for bringing number five back home.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: October 28, 2008, 08:29:45 pm »
jaysus....i agree......(not forgetting stevie that is)

Enjoy Fabio's performance on Sunday? Him and Arbeloa meet your standards for once?

Offline azer

• Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #229 on: October 28, 2008, 08:33:02 pm »
Enjoy Fabio's performance on Sunday? Him and Arbeloa meet your standards for once?

Was he playing? i remember him putting a ball over the wall alright. he was probably our poorest player and thats a compliment. Compare him to a.cole and i think you will see where i am going.

Arbeloa was his usual self. steady without sparkling.

anyway, thats a different story.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: October 28, 2008, 08:37:31 pm »
Was he playing? i remember him putting a ball over the wall alright. he was probably our poorest player and thats a compliment. Compare him to a.cole and i think you will see where i am going.

Arbeloa was his usual self. steady without sparkling.

anyway, thats a different story.

:lmao

You fucking idiot - I love the way I hand you the rope and you hang yourself.

The winger against him was subbed off he kept him so quiet, he linked up with Riera brilliantly and was solid as a rock for 90 minutes in tackling, heading and passing.

Our poorest player? Robbie Keane might have something to say about that. Compare him to Cole? Yeah, he had a better game. Didn't concede any goals and didn't whinge like a twat either.

Seriously, do yourself a favour and admit when a player does well.

Offline azer

• Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #231 on: October 28, 2008, 08:48:24 pm »
:lmao

You fucking idiot - I love the way I hand you the rope and you hang yourself.

The winger against him was subbed off he kept him so quiet, he linked up with Riera brilliantly and was solid as a rock for 90 minutes in tackling, heading and passing.

Our poorest player? Robbie Keane might have something to say about that. Compare him to Cole? Yeah, he had a better game. Didn't concede any goals and didn't whinge like a twat either.

Seriously, do yourself a favour and admit when a player does well.

eerrr. didnt robbie keane make space for alonsos goal by challenging terry and work the front on his own???

I honestly thought aurelio was our worst player.....maybe he'd get a 6 or 7/10 in that match but everyother player was above that.
I barely noticed him playing to be honest except for the time when he gave bosingwa a few minutes to cross the ball on more than one occasion.....am i the only one who thought that?

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: October 28, 2008, 08:52:55 pm »
eerrr. didnt robbie keane make space for alonsos goal by challenging terry and work the front on his own???

I honestly thought aurelio was our worst player.....maybe he'd get a 6 or 7/10 in that match but everyother player was above that.
I barely noticed him playing to be honest except for the time when he gave bosingwa a few minutes to cross the ball on more than one occasion.....am i the only one who thought that?

Didn't Aurelio keep his man and his replacement quiet for 90 minutes?

A 6? That is laughable.

If you barely notice a leftback playing then he is doing his job well. He made his tackles, he made his headers and he made his passes. It was Riera who wasn't getting close enough to Boswinga, because he got himself booked early on and couldn't get tight after that. Aurelio was marking Kalou. Second half Riera pushed Boswinga further back, and it was less of a problem.

Stop being so stubborn and admit that a player you don't rate played well on Sunday.

Offline azer

• Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #233 on: October 28, 2008, 09:01:06 pm »
Didn't Aurelio keep his man and his replacement quiet for 90 minutes?

A 6? That is laughable.

If you barely notice a leftback playing then he is doing his job well. He made his tackles, he made his headers and he made his passes. It was Riera who wasn't getting close enough to Boswinga, because he got himself booked early on and couldn't get tight after that. Aurelio was marking Kalou. Second half Riera pushed Boswinga further back, and it was less of a problem.

Stop being so stubborn and admit that a player you don't rate played well on Sunday.

Alonso, played well.
Carragher, played well.
Reira, played well.
Aurelio played.
dont mistake not making a mistake as playing well. he was pretty average as he has been. if he had the ability of cole to get up and down the wing and get involved in play, then he would have played well!!

If you want to see what people really think of the likes of aurelio check this out:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/live_text/6173703.stm

and stop talking shit you fucking idiot!

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: October 28, 2008, 09:07:36 pm »
Alonso, played well.
Carragher, played well.
Reira, played well.
Aurelio played.
dont mistake not making a mistake as playing well. he was pretty average as he has been. if he had the ability of cole to get up and down the wing and get involved in play, then he would have played well!!

If you want to see what people really think of the likes of aurelio check this out:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/live_text/6173703.stm

and stop talking shit you fucking idiot!

He did get up and down the wing and he linked up with Riera very well. Of course, you seem to have very little observational skills when it comes to watching football so maybe you missed that part of the game.

Oh yes, the BBC player rater, voted for by Liverpool fans, Chelsea fans, fans of any club in the world, fans of no club at all, fans aged 6 and above. Always a reliable indicator of a player's performance level.

Funny that you chose that to illustrate your point though, seeing as people rated Keane as our worst player at 6.55, and Aurelio higher at 6.72. After you just argued the opposite!

You fucking idiot.

Offline azer

• Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #235 on: October 28, 2008, 09:17:39 pm »
He did get up and down the wing and he linked up with Riera very well. Of course, you seem to have very little observational skills when it comes to watching football so maybe you missed that part of the game.

Oh yes, the BBC player rater, voted for by Liverpool fans, Chelsea fans, fans of any club in the world, fans of no club at all, fans aged 6 and above. Always a reliable indicator of a player's performance level.

Funny that you chose that to illustrate your point though, seeing as people rated Keane as our worst player at 6.55, and Aurelio higher at 6.72. After you just argued the opposite!

You fucking idiot.

yawnn........aurelio is average.... get over it and get a new avatar and stop harping on about it.

bottom line. Aurelio is average. not half the player you even dream he is.
add to that that your arguements are non existant and that i am tired of being bored talking about average players that are our achilles heel.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: October 28, 2008, 09:35:58 pm »
yawnn........aurelio is average.... get over it and get a new avatar and stop harping on about it.

add to that that your arguements are non existant and that i am tired of being bored talking about average players that are our achilles heel.

Ha ha. No response on that last point then Azer? No reply to your BBC rater embarassment?

Once again I've defeated all your pathetic arguments and made you look a fool on here for everybody to see.

Offline RAFA - 6 - 19

• Fighteningly inept.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: October 29, 2008, 10:40:39 am »
If aurelio can do that for 40/50 games a season then we have a player on our hands and he will deserve the plaudits, for now he only has a handful of good performances to his name and is great on his day but very inconsistent

he was excellent against Chelsea and it made me very confident in our chances as everyone is slowly getting there, arbeloa looks great, alonso is on form, just torres, dossenna, babel and keane to hit fire with some help from lucas, pennant, yossi and el zhar and we are getting there!

Offline azer

• Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #238 on: October 29, 2008, 10:57:28 am »
Ha ha. No response on that last point then Azer? No reply to your BBC rater embarassment?

Once again I've defeated all your pathetic arguments and made you look a fool on here for everybody to see.

The BBC indicator per match is a pretty good idea on how all people viewing a game rate players. Keane set up the goal, aurelio did fuck all thats why i, personnaly would have him at a higher level but this is not about keane (nor is the thread about aurelio).

I will stick by my point that aurelio is a distinctly average player. i have not seen anything from him to suggest otherwise. The last postser said he was "excellent" against chelsea....i most certainly did not see that and the only time i noticed him was when he blasted a ball over the bar(again) and allowed boswinga plenty of time to get a ball in the area on more than one occasion.
put this against A.Cole who was a threat for chelsea going forward, tough in the tackle at the back and showed emotion for the cause and you really have no arguement.

Actually, post is about Garcia, why you bring up aurelio is showing you as the fool trying to prove something.

Luis Garcia - top bloke and more than an average footballer -therefore aurelio should not be mentioned in the same thread. case closed.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #239 on: October 29, 2008, 11:14:05 am »

Have you any idea how stupid that sounds? Next time youre watching a match, try to pay attention to whats going on around the pitch instead of following a ball bobbing around on your screen. You may learn something. Aurellio average eh? What a pile of wank !!
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.