Author Topic: CL Final 2018 - Kiev  (Read 169366 times)

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CL Final 2018 - Kiev
« Reply #160 on: May 3, 2018, 04:53:11 pm »
For the ballot, if you enter four people at once will LFC automatically assume that you want seats sat together only?  :o dumb question
YNWA.

Offline gordo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #161 on: May 3, 2018, 04:53:57 pm »
Ok so spoken to my mate about the Private jet -

He can get a chartered flight for £635 return per person, providing we can guarantee 98 people on it.
It works out at something like £62k so the issue is guaranteeing the numbers. As good an idea as it is I think it is going to be too short notice and too tricky for us to do it.

This is well worth knowing for future games, and I know that we can easily sell 100 seats at that price, but we don't have enough cash between us to pay the £62k upfront and then there is no guarantee that we will get the money back.

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #162 on: May 3, 2018, 04:57:12 pm »
For the ballot, if you enter four people at once will LFC automatically assume that you want seats sat together only?  :o dumb question

No - Not all four of you might get a ticket through the ballot. Also you still have to go online and pick your seat in the sale if you qualify.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #163 on: May 3, 2018, 05:01:24 pm »

He can get a chartered flight for £635 return per person, providing we can guarantee 98 people on it.
It works out at something like £62k so the issue is guaranteeing the numbers. As good an idea as it is I think it is going to be too short notice and too tricky for us to do it.

This is well worth knowing for future games, and I know that we can easily sell 100 seats at that price, but we don't have enough cash between us to pay the £62k upfront and then there is no guarantee that we will get the money back.

If it's anything you can my best mate and I in ! only 95 names to go including you  ;D

I work for a global airline and we are getting calls from agents to charter some of our aircrafts! I have been quoted 1000 pounds return by an agent I have a very good relationship with... Utter madness...
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline davsteer

• Anny Roader
« Reply #164 on: May 3, 2018, 05:09:46 pm »
Its not illegal but theyre still weirdos paying huge amounts to soak up a uefa manufactured atmosphere. Each to their own though, id rather watch it in town and be there for the home coming, after missing it last time.

How about someone who does all always but not homes.  Been to 5 this year so not even in ballot.  I will be in Kiev though.  Sorry to annoy you. 

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #165 on: May 3, 2018, 05:10:12 pm »
Got my ballot email as well now, opens tomorrow morning!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: May 3, 2018, 05:10:50 pm »
Rome x2, London,  Paris and Brussels (yes i know!)

followed by Istanbul, Athens and Kiev

Safe to say the early years were so much kinder and easier on the pocket location wise :(

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: May 3, 2018, 05:14:18 pm »

All ballot entries are going in as singles. Anywhere between 0 -4 of you could get sorted.

Online RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: May 3, 2018, 05:17:15 pm »
No - Not all four of you might get a ticket through the ballot. Also you still have to go online and pick your seat in the sale if you qualify.

lol, I just realised how silly my question was.
YNWA.

Offline gordo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #169 on: May 3, 2018, 05:21:56 pm »
If it's anything you can my best mate and I in ! only 95 names to go including you  ;D

I work for a global airline and we are getting calls from agents to charter some of our aircrafts! I have been quoted 1000 pounds return by an agent I have a very good relationship with... Utter madness...

We have about a dozen - but we're still a few grand short yet...

Online Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #170 on: May 3, 2018, 05:30:50 pm »
Got my ballot email. What do we think the chances are?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: May 3, 2018, 05:33:33 pm »

1 in 5 ish to 1 in 7

Depends how many fancy it with cost etc

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #172 on: May 3, 2018, 05:33:42 pm »

More to the point, I wonder if the club will shed any light on ballot chances.

Silly question, of course they won’t. Fair play to them though for getting ticket info out last night.

Offline PhilMahon

• Kemlynite
« Reply #173 on: May 3, 2018, 05:36:36 pm »
Seems to be a lot of people who have booked as far as Warsaw and need a way to and from Kiev. I wonder would we be able to organise a bus ourselves between the two? Happy to look into it if there is interest?

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
« Reply #174 on: May 3, 2018, 05:37:57 pm »
If I enter the ballot, and I'm successful but the ticket is the 400 quid ones available, can I just not buy one and someone else on the waiting list have it. In other words is it binding that I buy the ticket if I am successful? Thanks

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: May 3, 2018, 05:41:11 pm »
More to the point, I wonder if the club will shed any light on ballot chances.

Silly question, of course they won’t. Fair play to them though for getting ticket info out last night.

They normally do afterwards - seem to remember league cup few years ago something like 98.7% successful

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: May 3, 2018, 05:41:42 pm »
If I enter the ballot, and I'm successful but the ticket is the 400 quid ones available, can I just not buy one and someone else on the waiting list have it. In other words is it binding that I buy the ticket if I am successful? Thanks

Correct. Just don’t buy in window and chance will go to waiting list

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: May 3, 2018, 05:43:40 pm »
Seems to be a lot of people who have booked as far as Warsaw and need a way to and from Kiev. I wonder would we be able to organise a bus ourselves between the two? Happy to look into it if there is interest?

Seems loads doesn’t it

What’s the plan then??? Think the driving option has scuppered a few with Kiev being outside EU

Private vehicles are ok but check your insurance- you’ll likely have to buy a separate policy for the few days

Offline WAQS

• LYRIQAL
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #178 on: May 3, 2018, 05:53:01 pm »

Yep I would definitely be interested in this.

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
« Reply #179 on: May 3, 2018, 05:58:40 pm »
Correct. Just don’t buy in window and chance will go to waiting list
Sound. Managed to book a hostel for 150 so brought the cost down massively if I can get one now

Offline stevejd63

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #180 on: May 3, 2018, 06:02:23 pm »

There's loads of buses a day to Kiev from Warsaw. Every one will be full of reds. Their only around 20 Euro each Way
How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #181 on: May 3, 2018, 06:05:54 pm »
Seems loads doesn’t it

What’s the plan then??? Think the driving option has scuppered a few with Kiev being outside EU

Private vehicles are ok but check your insurance- you’ll likely have to buy a separate policy for the few days

We had that problem, booked a Warsaw flight and were going to hire car to Kiev but they said we would be liable for the whole value of the vehicle if we drove it in to the Ukraine. Reckon they'll be loads stuck on what to do from Warsaw and back.

Offline LFCste1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #182 on: May 3, 2018, 06:08:46 pm »
All booked. Manchester to Minsk via Frankfurt on the Thursday. Hotel in Minsk on the Thurs night. Minsk to Kiev on the Friday then same route back on the Sunday. Arrive back into Manc at half 11 on the Monday morning. £425 for the flights. Just hope we get lucky in the ballot now!!
Twitter @LFCSTE1
PSN stelacala

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: May 3, 2018, 06:09:26 pm »

Sounds good
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline dobbouk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: May 3, 2018, 06:25:31 pm »
I'm going to Krakow and then busing it from there.

Offline guigy

• Kopite
  • OurClubOurShirt.com
« Reply #185 on: May 3, 2018, 06:31:44 pm »
Thought i had got lucky when i picked up a bed in a dorm in the following hostel 10 minute walk from the stadium - £40 for 2 nights!!

Hostel Olimpiyskiy   - Velyka Vasylkivska Street 71/6, Kiev, 03150

Got an email from the hostel via booking.com immediately after booking saying i needed to transfer $50 via western union to guarantee the booking. Sounds like a scam to me.

Might be wise to stay clear

one of Eamon Dunphy’s favourite observations: “He’s an arsehole - but he’s not a great arsehole.”

Online willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: May 3, 2018, 06:47:44 pm »
1 in 5 ish to 1 in 7

Depends how many fancy it with cost etc

Based on the qualifying numbers I'd agree.  On this occasion with the costs of flights and tickets, there could be higher chances

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #187 on: May 3, 2018, 06:48:26 pm »
Manc to Brussels Charleroi,then to Warsaw Modlin is still reasonably priced on Ryanair depending how many days you have. I just checked 24-29 May and it’s around 150 pounds all flights total. A bit of hanging around in airports and not sure how you get from Warsaw to Kiev besides the bus. Hope this helps lads.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #188 on: May 3, 2018, 07:10:48 pm »
Gonna go for Sportoptions for this (when they release details)
Pricey but tried & trusted!
Us too for same reason. Just hoping they do one from Liverpool as our driver to Manc is going for a longer trip! :D Or we'll be lookng to share petrol and parking with other reds happy to drive! :D
We are a team of one half.

Offline scott

• Butterflies taste with their feet. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 3, 2018, 07:12:53 pm »

This is well worth knowing for future games, and I know that we can easily sell 100 seats at that price, but we don't have enough cash between us to pay the £62k upfront and then there is no guarantee that we will get the money back.f

Probably get 6-8 in our group on this possibly 
+61 ticket exchange

Offline schoey

• Kemlynite
« Reply #190 on: May 3, 2018, 07:15:59 pm »
Booked for 4 of us Fri 25th Liverpool 07:15 - 10:30 Milan,  Sat 26th Milan 08:00 - 11:30 Kiev
£40 hotel in Milan.
£240 flights.

Just need a decent route home now, any ideas? preferably early flight/train/bus seems as though there's no hotels at all  :'(

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #191 on: May 3, 2018, 07:16:10 pm »
Just taken the plunge with world choice sports, looks like First plane sold out and they put a second one on. Anyone else done likewise ?
Yes mate, that`s what we`ve done

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #192 on: May 3, 2018, 07:19:31 pm »

where has he had the link from mate? We've looked at that too but the charter companies are asking silly money

Offline gordo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #193 on: May 3, 2018, 07:22:33 pm »
where has he had the link from mate? We've looked at that too but the charter companies are asking silly money

Being honest I don't know mate. He told me a couple of websites that he used but I don't know which one he got it off. I'll try and find out and let you know.

Online dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 3, 2018, 07:38:18 pm »
Booked for 4 of us Fri 25th Liverpool 07:15 - 10:30 Milan,  Sat 26th Milan 08:00 - 11:30 Kiev
£40 hotel in Milan.
£240 flights.

Just need a decent route home now, any ideas? preferably early flight/train/bus seems as though there's no hotels at all  :'(

I did 0245 Monday kiev to turkey then turkey to Gatwick was £95.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #195 on: May 3, 2018, 07:47:07 pm »
I don't think you can take a hire car out of the EU

Cheers, booked a 16 hour bus Friday and return Sunday.
Anyone else staying in Warsaw Thursday night.
YNWA

Offline riggerz

• Main Stander
« Reply #196 on: May 3, 2018, 07:48:41 pm »
Tickets will have the name of the person who originally bought it.  On the basis that they check ID on entry, it would be along way to go and very expensive to get turned away at the ground.
Where have you seen this??

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #197 on: May 3, 2018, 07:52:29 pm »
I booked the 5times flight last night thinking that the other day trip flights would be around the same price. The Thomas Cook price has surprised me a little but if I'm successful in the ballot and we win I'm not sure I'm going to care!

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #198 on: May 3, 2018, 08:02:51 pm »
Booked a flight there, but no return sorted yet. Will have to see. A day after the match will be chaos in airport innit. Just looked as well and bearly anything left out from Kiev in sunday.

Who cares, at least a flight to Kiev is sorted.

Online RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: May 3, 2018, 08:04:08 pm »
On Thomas Cook, in the unlikely chance we get even one ticket we're wondering if we can 'draw straws' to decide who gets to go? Or just the person with the card can take the flight?
YNWA.