Author Topic: Liverpool vs AS Roma, Uefa Champions League Sem-Final 1st leg  (Read 98143 times)

Online Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Bring on yer Internazionale, bring on yer Roma by the score……

We just can’t keep ourselves away from old big ears can we? We are true European Royalty and we are finally back were we belong, competing once again to reclaim our throne.

It’s been a long and arduous journey to return to the latter stages of this competition. If you had told me in 2008, after John Arne Riise had inexplicably headed into his own net very late on to give Chelsea a crucial away goal in a 1-1 draw, that this would be the last European Cup semi-final played out in front of the Kop for another decade, I’d have laughed. Rafa Benitez had reminded us of our European pedigree and boy did it feel great. During the Spaniards spell at the club we swept aside all before us, from every corner of Europe. It didn’t matter who they were or where they came from, as soon as they entered the cauldron that is Anfield on a European night, the mighty were to fall. World class players didn’t have that aura around them once they went beyond the ‘This is Anfield’ sign. It was almost as if any players with swagger and panache like Paulo Nedved, Arjen Robben and Ronaldinho had in abundance, they seemed to leave it behind them in the tunnel and workaday players like Jerzey Dudek, Igor Biscan and Djimi Traore upped their game considerably. Juventus, Barcelona, Real Madrid, who the fuck are you trying to kid? We conquered them all. We feared no-one and no-one wanted to draw Liverpool out of the hat. We could go anywhere in Europe and return triumphant and at Anfield, usually, nobody stood a chance.. It was a winning formula born out of supreme tactical nous from a world class manager and superior support from all four corners of Anfield. And of course a belief from the players that they could be anything they wanted to be. That golden era was kick-started by a miracle in Istanbul, and while the current incumbents of the shirt haven’t yet had a miracle of their own, this campaign has seen a similar confidence within the team and dare I say, even a swagger on occasion, as we return to the biggest stage of all.

This side may be completely different in terms of its style to our last European Kings but they share the discipline, passion and hard work required to perform at this rarefied level of competition. This team have also beaten the English champions elect (as they were) and they did that with plenty to spare in the end, both home and away. Inter Milan, FC Bruges, St Etienne, Auxerre, Chelsea (twice), Dortmund, all fabled Anfield European nights and now Manchester City can possibly be added to that list. Yet another night of memories can be woven into that rich old tapestry. Yet another night of which the fortunate ones in attendance at Anfield can say "I was there" with a knowing smile.
Though there is perhaps another famous night in this competition that sometimes gets forgotten, in fact I deliberately omitted it from the list above. But now is the perfect time to revisit that night and hopefully rekindle some spin-tingling memories.

Liverpool vs AS Roma 19th March 2002.

Roma were perhaps the greatest side in Italy at this time with a team containing stars such as the totemic Francesco Totti alongside the experienced Argentine Gabriel Batistuta, both coached by the enigmatic but world class Fabio Capello.
But it didn’t matter who was lining up in the bright white shirts of Roma that night, nor who was giving them the tactical advice from the technical area. Liverpool were destined to prevail that night, though the players weren’t to know this until just a few hours before kick off. This was when Gerard Houllier, recovering from major heart surgery, appeared to shock the players by delivering an impromptu team talk. He would secretly be making his return to the dugout that night and from that moment on it didn’t matter who Liverpool were playing, they were simply going to win. His emergence from the tunnel was met with a welcoming roar from the Anfield faithful and it set the tone for the whole night.

Jari Litmanen got things underway nice and early by dispatching possibly the coolest penalty I have ever seen inside 6 minutes before Emile Heskey sealed the win with a towering header into the Kop goal in the 2nd half. I’ll let Clive Tyldsley talk you through this one:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GDc4RXNnvhs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GDc4RXNnvhs</a> 

There’s not been many more fixtures between the two sides over the years for me to reference but there has certainly been some momentous and very memorable ones in which the Reds have fared quite well. A 2-0 win at Rome's Stadio Olimpico  in February 2001 courtesy of a Michael Owen brace en route to the 2001 UEFA Cup Final was the first meeting between the two since 1984 although it took a jittery Spanish referee to award and then 'unaward' a penalty to Roma during a tense Anfield 2nd leg which could have levelled the tie at that point. Liverpool, in that famous gold kit, were on yet another European adventure that season and even teams like Roma and Barcelona couldn’t stop us. That previous 1984 fixture I mentioned above was of course the European Cup Final in which Roma held all the aces with the game being played at their own ground. Not too many people outside of England gave this Liverpool team much of a chance on that balmy evening in the Eternal City, not that Graeme Souness minded of course. He knew he was the best midfielder in Europe at the time, feted by many, and nothing would intimidate him as he led his comrades on a pre-match stroll around the pitch, eyeing up the spectators with a defiant stare. Liverpool were returning to the scene of their first European Cup win 7 years previously, their first capture of Europe’s most coveted prize. Phil Neal got things up and running for Liverpool that night in 84 but Roma levelled just before half time. It would stay like this for the remainder of the game and go all the way to a penalty shootout for the first time in the competitions history. Enter Stage Left the charismatic Zimbabwean Bruce Grobellaar who proceeded to give one of the most famous and eccentric displays of goalkeeping in the competitions history, his legs swaying like spaghetti as he faced up to the Roma penalty takers. The sheer insanity of what Brucie was doing must have bamboozled the Roma players as two of them subsequently missed their spot-kicks, giving Alan Kennedy the chance to seal an unlikely fourth European Cup in just 7 years. I don’t know what it is but I love it……….

This game of course isn’t just another game against Roma, it’s yet another European Cup semi-final, the ninth time we have reached this stage. We have progressed through to the Final on seven of those occasions, a pretty decent record at the business end of the competition! FC Zurich, Borussia Monchengladbach, Bayern Munich, Dinamo Bucharest, Panathinaikos and Chelsea (twice) have all felt the power of the Anfield Wall Of Sound on a European night. Some or maybe all of those teams came here possibly underestimating the might of the terraces. It can’t possibly affect the players on the pitch, can it? But anyone who has been lucky enough to be present at one of these famous nights will know it really is the real deal. Tens of thousands of people unite and become one, that extra person, the twelfth man. It’s an out of body experience that no drug in the world can replicate. A noise so loud you think you can hear people singing three days later, when it fact its just the 'Fields of Anfield Road' still echoing inside your head for the umpteenth time. It creates situations of sheer disbelief, it makes players in Red do great things and sometimes makes opposing players crumble and buckle under the pressure. Eidur Gudjohnsen doesn’t miss that chance anywhere else in the world in 2005, does he? Fuck, surely he can’t miss as I watch the highlights again for the millionth time, yet he does! Nobody quite knows how but maybe Shankly was right, maybe the Kop really do suck the ball in when Liverpool attack that goal and blow it away to safety when they’re defending it.

That night in 2005 is, at least to some of us younger fans, the jewel in our crown of European atmospheres created at Anfield. It was my first CL semi-final and as a twelve year old boy I couldn’t quite believe it. Why was my arl fella hugging that random stranger at the final whistle? But that’s just Anfield, we’re all together and striving for the same thing inside that stadium. Wave after wave of attack was met with song after song of defiance from the Kop. We shall not be moved. A ring of fire burning round the sides of the pitch and all across the Fields of Anfield Road. Scarfs swinging, banners waving and flags swaying. A sea of red drowning those who dare try to swim across it. This is what we need to recreate on Tuesday night, a wall of sound and defiance and I think we will. We always do on nights like this because it’s simply what we do best. We’re more experienced than any other English crowd at doing what is required of us by our team. This may be uncharted territory for all of our players but its not for us supporters and that is why we have the biggest part of all to play. There’s no cliché’s here, we , the fans, help our team to win games in Europe. Wherever you watch the game, be it at Anfield or down the pub or at home, take a pause and take it all in. Gaze in amazement at the Kop, look at those around you and you will get that feeling.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5SItko13shM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5SItko13shM</a>       

The rest of England and Europe are casting an envious eye over us right now, laughing at us for daring to believe and dream once more. It doesn’t bother us though, it’s not their fault. They’ve never been in this situation, they don’t know what it’s like to be crowned Kings of Europe so many times that UEFA had to give us our own trophy to keep. We may ultimately fall short, we may go on and win the fucking thing once again but one thing is for certain: we’re back. We’re dreaming again, the next match can never come soon enough. Once again we fear no-one. We’ve conquered them all before. We’re never gonna stop.

Allez allez allez.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool vs AS Roma, Uefa Champions League Sem-Final 1st leg
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 06:18:50 pm »
Following a disappointing draw we have a massive game to look forward to with a wonderful OP from Al.

Thanks mate.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 06:23:49 pm »
Win by two and don’t concede and I think that’ll be enough

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 06:23:49 pm »
Belting OP.

I am so psyched for this one. The whole day will be one long warm up. Feels so good to be back in the big time.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 06:24:10 pm »
Thanks for the OP.

Match of the season, the moment of truth.

I hope we take the frustration and anger after today's disappointment and apply it fully against Roma efficiently and effectively. They will be hard to break down, they have good players, strong and physical, will pose a threat with crosses and set pieces [the refereeing will hopefully be better than it is in England].

Imo, by starting off and pressing them from the get go, within the first twenty minutes, we give ourselves the best chance of winning and going into the 2nd leg with confidence. Hopefully we won't concede, but we also need to be very clinical as Alisson is a top keeper.

A nil nil wouldn't be the end of the world either.

COME ON YOU REDS!

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 08:07:37 pm »
The atmosphere. The fans. It's what's going to do it (and I don't mean smashing their bus up). The atmosphere against City was fantastic, but I still think Chelsea in '05 was slightly better. A rousing rendition of YNWA before the game, boo every one of their touches, sing, scream, everything. Banners, real flags. Get the red flares out even. We come out of the blocks flying and blitz them before they even know what's happened. As a club, they're in unchartered territory. Yes, we haven't been in a CL semi in a long time as well but they haven't been in one in three times as long. We can win this tie at Anfield, of that I'm confident.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 08:09:08 pm by Caligula? »

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 08:11:42 pm »
great OP, just out of curiosity does anybody have the article/post that was going around pre Chelsea in 05 semi?  there one where it was saying about the history of anfield whispering to the away players as they train the day before, the ghosts and caskets in anfield etc? really stirring piece?
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 08:12:02 pm »
Fantastic opening post, let's look forward not back. Two games away from a possible final, come on you mighty Reds let's focus and do it.  :scarf
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 08:19:05 pm »
Saw this on Peter Moores twitter today, Joe's pre match team talk from the '84 Final. Mentions not giving free kicks away outside the box, "you know how good they are at falling down" 

https://twitter.com/PeterMooreLFC/status/987249706798649344
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 08:20:04 pm »
COME ON YOU REDS MAKE US DREAM MAKE US BELIEVE!!!

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2018, 08:24:28 pm »
Saw this on Peter Moores twitter today, Joe's pre match team talk from the '84 Final. Mentions not giving free kicks away outside the box, "you know how good they are at falling down" 

https://twitter.com/PeterMooreLFC/status/987249706798649344

As soon as I read that I got an immediate flashback to Alonso fouling someone outside our box in the 2007 final and Pirlo scoring the free kick  >:(

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2018, 08:27:04 pm »
I can't wait for this, even if we get knocked out by Roma, we're in the semi-finals of the Champions League! Not just that, but we'll be seeing these later stages of the CL a lot more in the future, our progress under Klopp has been fantastic!

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2018, 08:31:09 pm »
Take a 2/0 to Rome and we can get to the final no doubt, actually think we can go to Rome and win as well .

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2018, 08:32:50 pm »
3-1 Reds.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2018, 08:33:38 pm »
I can't wait for this, even if we get knocked out by Roma, we're in the semi-finals of the Champions League! Not just that, but we'll be seeing these later stages of the CL a lot more in the future, our progress under Klopp has been fantastic!

Said similar to my two lads, the 7yr old especially gets a right cob on when we don't win. I've told them that if we lose, it won't be the last time we make the semi's. They both have the belief though that we will win the whole thing this season.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2018, 08:37:39 pm »

Said similar to my two lads, the 7yr old especially gets a right cob on when we don't win. I've told them that if we lose, it won't be the last time we make the semi's. They both have the belief though that we will win the whole thing this season.

It’s the final all the way ;)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2018, 08:40:14 pm »
Will be massively important not to concede going into the 2nd leg where they haven't lost a game in Europe all season

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2018, 08:47:24 pm »
Will be massively important not to concede going into the 2nd leg where they haven't lost a game in Europe all season

We haven't lost a game in Europe either, anywhere.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2018, 08:59:05 pm »

Juventus in 04/05 went unbeaten at home but will still put them out. Plus they had only conceded 2 goals in the whole campaign until we rammed 2 past them in 25 minutes.

This year we are unbeaten, highest scorers in the competition and have scored 18 goals away from home. We are a scary prospect.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2018, 09:00:33 pm »

Boss!  8)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2018, 09:05:13 pm »

Lets keep that way  8)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2018, 09:05:40 pm »
Juventus in 04/05 went unbeaten at home but will still put them out. Plus they had only conceded 2 goals in the whole campaign until we rammed 2 past them in 25 minutes.

This year we are unbeaten, highest scorers in the competition and have scored 18 goals away from home. We are a scary prospect.

That we are, no doubt about it, let's keep that going

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2018, 09:06:38 pm »
Can’t fuckin wait for this. We’re gonna smash them. Allez

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2018, 09:07:15 pm »
Spent about 98.45% of my waking/sleeping consciousness thinking about Roma since the draw. Not arsed about West Brom or Stoke I just want Roma now. Then big ears. Then a lot of alcohol, then I’m packing it all in (football, not life). Go out on a high.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2018, 10:13:21 pm »
Clean sheet please lads, and we build from there. Absolutely about being clinical (as we have been in the CL so far) at home.
Not saying we cant turn a result around in Rome, we can, and i fully expect us to score out there, and there lies the simple but most important factor, shut them out and go from there
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2018, 10:24:52 pm »
As soon as I read that I got an immediate flashback to Alonso fouling someone outside our box in the 2007 final and Pirlo scoring the free kick  >:(

I thought that was Carragher's shocking clearance that was at fault for the first goal. He was also at fault for the 2nd goal. Can you imagine if Degsy Lovren made them errors we would still have a thread on it 10 years later.  ;D ;D

On to Tuesday the dark arts will be out in force right from the off. Timewasting on every throw in and goal kick also a lot of tactical fouls to stop our tempo and transition. We need a good ref to be on top of this and usually the champions league refs are a different ball game from the premier league refs. They will be looking to win free-kicks anywhere in the last third to take advantage of Dzeko and Manolas and with expert delivery from Kolarov and DeRossi. 

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2018, 10:25:47 pm »
If we can keep fucking Manchester City out at Anfield, we can keep Roma from scoring as well. I know that's not how football works, but we obviously have the ability to so it if we're on our game. And I have no doubt Jurgen will have them drilled and up for this as much as anything. The key is getting a comfy cushion, such as 2 or 3 goal lead to take back to Rome.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2018, 10:31:42 pm »
Prediction - they score early and we turn it on and batter them 4–1

Can’t wait for this

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2018, 10:49:13 pm »
Can we just fast forward to Tuesday? I literally want to do nothing for the next three nights leading up to this, I wish I could sleep and just wake up before kick off.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2018, 10:52:34 pm »
Something's gonna give...

Time to give them a whooping. I have a strange feeling that this games will be decided by uncharacteristically low scores.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2018, 10:53:38 pm »
Defend better in the air than today and we're sound.... Cannot wait!!! ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2018, 10:56:27 pm »
We're dangerous, they're dangerous. Let's be more dangerous.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2018, 10:56:49 pm »
Something's gonna give...

Time to give them a whooping. I have a strange feeling that this games will be decided by uncharacteristically low scores.

Would it be uncharacteristic? They clearly are a tough side to play as illustrated by the fact that they qualified top of a group with Atletico and Chelsea.

They have a good home record but they shipped 9 goals in 3 always against Chelsea, Atletico and Barcelona. Where they will be worrying is their ability to score.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2018, 12:31:11 am »
The Op will get the juices flowing.

Now lets make Anfield a fortress Tuesday.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2018, 12:36:06 am »
hopefully today is also a kick up the arse and to kill any complacency that may occur within the match.

Online Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2018, 12:54:55 am »
Great OP. I still dont know what it is but I still love it ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2018, 01:18:45 am »
From the looks of things, they seem to play a 4-5-1 or variation away in Europe, and they also don't like to clear the ball all that much, so the conditions are right for us to give them a bit of a hiding if they show any sort of timidity at Anfield at all. The crowd will be just as important as the tactics again.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2018, 01:30:52 am »
From the looks of things, they seem to play a 4-5-1 or variation away in Europe, and they also don't like to clear the ball all that much, so the conditions are right for us to give them a bit of a hiding if they show any sort of timidity at Anfield at all. The crowd will be just as important as the tactics again.
We need VVD to stick to Dzeko .If we mark him out of the game then their long balls will be useless as i feel that will be their game plan .Pack midfield and sit back then launch balls up for Dzeko to knock down for the second ball. They are noting special and if we play like we did against City at Anfield then all they will be coming away with is a cup of tea and a good hiding.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2018, 01:43:10 am »
Just keep the big games coming, every single one bigger than the last, it's beautiful, joyful, exponential, it's Liverpool.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2018, 02:00:23 am »
So the line up perhaps

Karius

Trent
Van Dijk
Lovren
Robertson

Henderson
Milner
Chamberlain