Author Topic: Help anybody who knows about HDMI, tv's etc.  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
Help anybody who knows about HDMI, tv's etc.
« on: October 3, 2017, 09:45:24 pm »
Evening

I tried searching this last night on here and had no joy. I bought a Mini SNES last week and I cannot get any sound out of the upstairs tv it works on the downstairs one. Both are made by LG, I've sent Nintendo an e-mail and await a response have downloaded the manual and rebooted the tv with no joy.  As well has asked in the Mini SNES thread on here also with no joy thus far. Also tried google and youtube.

I'm convinced this is something to do with the HDMI output as the only other I use for this is the Amazon Fire Stick which does work as my downstairs tv is a year younger than the upstairs one. Has anybody had similar issues with other devices or can you point in the right direction please?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Help anybody who knows about HDMI, tv's etc.
« Reply #1 on: October 3, 2017, 09:50:50 pm »
Have you swapped HDMI cables around to see if the problem follows? Your TV might also have an option to specify the sound source being from HDMI

Apologies if you've seen this, but there is an official help page, suggests it could be the power adaptor but I don't see why it would still work on one TV

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27402/~/no-sound-from-the-television-%5Bsuper-nes-classic-edition%5D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2 on: October 3, 2017, 10:47:40 pm »
You need to enable HDMI Sound on your device
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 6, 2017, 01:45:46 pm »
Thanks for the responses, LG have confirmed that no adjustments need to be made to run this and it should work as plug and play and to confirm with Nintendo what HD functionality is required to run this. I bought another Micro USB/Hdmi cable yesterday with no joy.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers
Mark

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4 on: October 6, 2017, 01:46:43 pm »
What model TV is having the issue?

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #5 on: October 6, 2017, 02:25:23 pm »
Both are made by LG.
There's your problem right there! I used to buy nothing but LG (as they invested heavily in Wales some years back), then I bought a LG 4K TV that wasn't cheap and it was fucked. They took it away twice to repair it and it came back exactly the same. Fucked me about no end with some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

In summary, get a new TV ;D ;D ;D ;D

(sorry I know that's not very helpful)

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 6, 2017, 02:56:01 pm »
What model TV is having the issue?

It's the 26LG3000.

In summary, get a new TV ;D ;D ;D ;D

In fairness. I've had the TV 7.5 years, it wasn't new then and never had a problem with it before now, I remember having to buy a new TV when the PS2 come out. I'm not keen on replacing something that isn't broken and I've not got room for a bigger TV.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #7 on: October 6, 2017, 02:59:14 pm »
In fairness. I've had the TV 7.5 years, it wasn't new then and never had a problem with it before now, I remember having to buy a new TV when the PS2 come out. I'm not keen on replacing something that isn't broken and I've not got room for a bigger TV.
What are your next door neighbours like?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8 on: October 6, 2017, 02:59:48 pm »
Did you say another HDMI device works fine in the TV the Nintendo doesn't?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 6, 2017, 03:00:38 pm »
Did you say another HDMI device works fine in the TV the Nintendo doesn't?

Yes I've got the Amazon Fire Stick.

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: October 7, 2017, 10:11:20 pm »
Yes I've got the Amazon Fire Stick.

At a guess your older tv might not support Dolby Digital over HDMI so they playing around with those sound setting. You can use the Fire stick as by default it has an auto setting which turns if off if your tv can't cope. Try the fire stick in different sound setting modes and see if that confirms the difference between the two settings, its just under Settings -> Display & Sounds -> Sound. I don't know about the SNES but check to see if it has similar setting to turn off dolby digital.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 04:43:35 pm »
Thanks for your help everyone. I ended up selling the Mini SNES yesterday and will put the money towards a new tv.